Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) (3631 Views)

I Think Peter Obi Is Playing The Youth>>opinion. / Buhari: How Governors Caused The Country A Lot Of Pain / Yoruba Youth Forum (YYF): Tinubu Has Sold His Integrity On The Altar Of Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2023
Corona22:
Lol we are saying the exact same thing , my submission (and yours) goes both ways , if you read my comments on this thread you’ll see I’ve made it clear that I know not all Igbo people think like that…. And I’m not falling for any propaganda , what I think is my responsibility, I won’t put that in the hands of another person
Ok then. I have done a lot of things with Yorubas and do not hold any of the insults from APC Urchins as anything. In this last election, there are more Igbos elites supporting Tinubu than the Yoruba elites supporting Obi. Why APC Urchins would attack Igbos for queueing behind the best candidate beats my imagination. Same way they attacked Igbos for rejecting Buhari. This same people attack Igbos for calling for BIAFRA because Nigeria is not getting any better.

Over reaction on all these from some Igbos causes them to misbehave all over social media. However, the actions of some of them insulting all Yorubas is just plain stupi.d. Not all of them are Igbos anyway. Some fall victims of the propaganda. I blame APC for all these. Even Buhari himself has insulted Igbos a number of times. How can someone imagine a president insulting a whole tribe. It's a SHAME
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Amunethseranu(f): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2023
Tvoice:

😂🤣

Omo after d guy Don suffer type text book page finish, u just use short comment blast am wotowoto, haba sisfire lol

he is a fool
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by 4Play(m): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2023
Corona22:
I’m actually a history student , and I do understand exactly what’s going from both sides, this is not my first time trying to converse with Igbo people , though the ones I spoke to are far more reasonable than the ones I’m speaking to here

Not sure how useful this is for you but my framework for understanding ethnicism is that it's a pathology that pretty much every Sub-Saharan African ethnic group possesses. Each ethnic group generally believes that they are the good ones and it's other ethnic group(s) that are ruining everything. Never mind that before colonialism redrew political boundaries, all ethnic groups were pretty much developmentally backwards relative to development strides outside Africa. So it's important to realise how commonplace this is, how this is something one can hardly be surprised by.

Here is another insight, even if you had ethnically homogeneous states, this pathology will simply be chanelled into intra-ethnic strife. Talk of Igbo domination will be quickly replaced by Ijebu domination for instance, North/Yoruba marginalisation of Igbos will be replaced by talk of domination by Anambra, etc. The objects of hatred will change but the pathology of hatred won't change. Afterall, ethnic identities as they currently exist are just a construct that developed as a way to channel this mistrust. Before the British colonized Nigeria, each of these ethnic groups were engaged in major intra-ethnic wars.

It brings me to the question of why this pathology exists. To a large extent, Africans are a low trust people who inhabit low trust societies. There is a concise Wikipedia summary of these concepts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_trust_and_low_trust_societies. Living in a climate of perpetual distrust, people see plots everywhere - GBV is running for Governor as part of an Igbo plot, Buhari is pursuing an Islamist agenda. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a magic solution for breaking the cycle of mistrust.

What I advocate is that people try and focus on national challenges and how we can overcome them without resorting to solutions that invariably entail blaming the various ethnicities. How do we solve the problems of poverty, insecurity, corruption, inflation, etc? In addressing these challenges, the answers won't lie in tribal bashing. Unfortunately, the likelihood that Nigerians will grow out of our tribal-focused hate-mongering thought processes is very slim but you have to keep trying.

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by TheOldGods: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2023
Corona22:

All you’re doing is psychologically conditioning your children to have hatred for the grandchildren and great grandchildren of those that fought in the war, those poor kids that are blameless. I can tell you for free that Yoruba kids don’t even know anything about the war in any way. And what are you saying about Yoruba coming together with Hausa people fighting the Igbo ? Do you even understand why the war was fought in the first place ? I’m not sure you do. You’re just regurgitating what you were taught without making your own research.

Food was blocked from reaching the south east , yes I agree but was it by choice of the average yoruba man or was it the choice of some group of people in power ( that might not even be yoruba , if you check who was the military administrators back then you’ll understand ) so why are you punishing Ayomide for something Brigadier General something something did ages ago ? Did my OWN forefathers intentionally refuse to sell food to you or was it by executive EDICT AND DECREE ??
I understand your case. Remember before I made these comments I said something "I used to believe" go through my posts here on Nairaland, nobody's preaches one Nigeria more than me. Infact I hate it when my fellow igb brothers talk about Biafra and existing Nigeria, I always argue them, that sometimes it seems like they want to beat me. But just these few months has taught me alot. This election has opened my eyes, that my friends are like" I told you so". These Nigerians which are youruba and Hausas are cunning, and evil and demonic. They will snitch on you immediately you trust them, and shoot you from the back. It's so unfortunate that even the few Igbos who try to condition their mind that we could all live together, are the ones now brewing more hate and back to had I known. Nnamdi kanu said this and I eleven believed him. I called him a fool, a bastard. How foolish of me

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Starboytwo(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2023
TheOldGods:
I understand your case. Remember before I made these comments I said something "I used to believe" go through my posts here on Nairaland, nobody's preaches one Nigeria more than me. Infact I hate it when my fellow igb brothers talk about Biafra and existing Nigeria, I always argue them, that sometimes it seems like they want to beat me. But just these few months has taught me alot. This election has opened my eyes, that my friends are like" I told you so". These Nigerians which are youruba and Hausas are cunning, and evil and demonic. They will snitch on you immediately you trust them, and shoot you from the back. It's so unfortunate that even the few Igbos who try to condition their mind that we could all live together, are the ones now brewing more hate and back to had I known. Nnamdi kanu said this and I eleven believed him. I called him a fool, a bastard. How foolish of me
pls and pls, kindly tell me or list how this election have opened your eyes. No insults pls, just concise way in which this election have opened your eyes differently. Things you see, things you feel, and most importantly how the Yoruba’s stabbed the Igbos in the back. Kindly list them here for everyone to see and let’s introspect.

I will also list things I have seen, things that have opened my eyes pre and post election regarding you Igbos.

I’m waiting sir. Especially that “I told you part” what was that thing told about Yoruba’s that you have confirmed?? Let’s dissect pls. If it’s about voting Tinubu, well %97 of Igbos in Anambra voted Obi, each voted their own, that shouldn’t be an issue, you are the masters of the game when it comes to clannish and tribal issue, I’m surprised you are surprise embarassed

2 Likes

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Tflex01: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2023
TheOldGods:

Yorubas stabbed you in the back because some of them voted for Tinubu while others voted for Obi and Atiku...

You expected Yorubas to give Obi 97% vote like Anambra?

You are a clown.

3 Likes

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by TheOldGods: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2023
Starboytwo:
pls and pls, kindly tell me or list how this election have opened your eyes. No insults pls, just concise way in which this election have opened your eyes differently. Things you see, things you feel, and most importantly how the Yoruba’s stabbed the Igbos in the back. Kindly list them here for everyone to see and let’s introspect.

I will also list things I have seen, things that have opened my eyes pre and post election regarding you Igbos.

I’m waiting sir. Especially that “I told you part” what was that thing told about Yoruba’s that you have confirmed?? Let’s dissect pls. If it’s about voting Tinubu, well %97 of Igbos in Anambra voted Obi, each voted their own, that shouldn’t be an issue, you are the masters of the game when it comes to clannish and tribal issue, I’m surprised you are surprise embarassed

I don't have strength to start disecting these issues here. Just for emphasis, that word "Voted for one of their own" is part of what I have seen in this election, and seen in Nigeria as a whole. Just one of them, and yet you're repeating the same thing. There is no way we can live together with any one of you. It's impossible, we don't think and behave alike." As long is one of your own, even if he has 1 day to live, it would be better Instead to have another tribe, with a person with 1 year to live.

Disgusting
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by TheOldGods: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2023
Tflex01:

Yorubas stabbed you in the back because some of them voted for Tinubu while others voted for Obi and Atiku...

You expected Yorubas to give Obi 97% vote like Anambra?

You are a clown.
you're a bigger clown, you and your family. I never mentioned obi here in my post at all. But because of tribal you people are, that's why you people have those huge cuts on your face called face marks. To tell people how tribal and disgusting your tribe is. You're a clown.

No more peace.
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Tflex01: 11:27am On Mar 26, 2023
TheOldGods:
you're a bigger clown, you and your family. I never mentioned obi here in my post at all. But because of tribal you people are, that's why you people have those huge cuts on your face called face marks. To tell people how tribal and disgusting your tribe is. You're a clown.

No more peace.

Miserable soul, son of demented parents, pls explain how Yorubas stabbed you in the back in this 2023 election...

2 Likes

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Blame APC don’t blame Yoruba , that’s the entire point of this thread. Or blame SOME Yoruba not us all
Obi winning all those states he won in the south west was not by accident.

SpecialAdviser:

Ok then. I have done a lot of things with Yorubas and do not hold any of the insults from APC Urchins as anything. In this last election, there are more Igbos elites supporting Tinubu than the Yoruba elites supporting Obi. Why APC Urchins would attack Igbos for queueing behind the best candidate beats my imagination. Same way they attacked Igbos for rejecting Buhari. This same people attack Igbos for calling for BIAFRA because Nigeria is not getting any better.

Over reaction on all these from some Igbos causes them to misbehave all over social media. However, the actions of some of them insulting all Yorubas is just plain stupi.d. Not all of them are Igbos anyway. Some fall victims of the propaganda. I blame APC for all these. Even Buhari himself has insulted Igbos a number of times. How can someone imagine a president insulting a whole tribe. It's a SHAME
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by T9ksy(m): 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
alanto:

Sunday Igboho called Ooni of Ife that boy, OBJ in his old age will go down flat in the presence of the Ooni.

We have a strong culture that we can treat anyhow.

Where and when did Sunday igboho referred to the ooni ife, as a boy?
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by alanto: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
T9ksy:

Where and when did Sunday igboho referred to the ooni ife, as a boy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1357061407242600451

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Tvoice: 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
Amunethseranu:
he is a fool

Hahahahahaha
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Corona22:

My opinion exactly, Anyone that truly admires Obi would not insult anyone , he’s a classy man , but I think his movement has been infiltrated by Ipob buuut that’s a discussion for another day
People always think Igbos are in support of ipob
I hate them with passion because they are giving the Nigeria army opportunity to come and destroy East.

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by chinchum(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Starboytwo:

very clannish hypocrites. They are quick to accuse others of what they are the main culprits.

An Anambra ibo man believes an ebonyi ibo man is inferior and Wawa. Many times Anambra man do not even want to marry another ibo woman from a different state. They leave the log of wood in their eyes and start spotting speck in others.

Religious bigotry is all time high in ibo land. In Anambra, it was reported that catholic ibos sidelined Anglican ibos in Anambra civil service. Catholic priest from another ibo state or community is rejected vehemently. During Biafra war, it is documented how the minorities under biafra were treated badly. How can you be killing yourself in a quest for self determination? How can you be destroying your economy in quest for self determination?

I always pity them when they request for Biafra, it is like an 8 year old asking to be provided drive access to a 10 wheeler truck. Ibos are the most vested all over Nigeria states and wants to leave Nigeria on a NOT friendly note. No be juju be that

3 Likes

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Brendaniel: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
Corona22:
I don’t believe I’ve fallen for propaganda, I like to think of myself as a man that forms his own opinions.

Please let me know when you’re ready, I would love to learn , tomorrow na kuku Sunday , no be say we dey go office Abi no be so 😂

Like I told you yesterday that I was working on some research, if you are free you can read this....

https://www.nairaland.com/7628590/quick-facts-tinubus-drug-case
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by T9ksy(m): 2:00am On Mar 27, 2023
alanto:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1357061407242600451

[iIs that all you have to buttress your claim? Smh ][/i]
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Paretomaster1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2023
Corona22:
Because it was a war and they lost , millions of their people were killed , most of which did not even know what they were dying for. You are speaking from the perspective of the Victor not the vanquished. The vanquished are bitter and angry and that is absolutely normal

They don't know what they signed for yet they were jubilating the killing of other ethnic leaders??

They started what they can't finish...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Implication Of China Visiting Nigeria With Three Warships / Youth Minister, Olawande Commends The Launch Of Outsource To Nigeria Initiative / Judge Hatchett Of America Discovers She Is Of Hausa And Yoruba Ancestry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.