Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) (3630 Views)

I Think Peter Obi Is Playing The Youth>>opinion. / Buhari: How Governors Caused The Country A Lot Of Pain / Yoruba Youth Forum (YYF): Tinubu Has Sold His Integrity On The Altar Of Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
True.. but don’t be so bleak. Not all think like that… hopefully….. In Jesus name Amen
chinchum:
be circumspect, perception is not reality.
While you see friend and allie , they see competition and wanting to subdue.
They made you believe Lagos governorship election was a disaster, however they rigged brazenly in SE states, the only state LP won last week was in Abia, this was almost rigged shamelessly by one LGA producing over 100 000 votes for PDP. Brutal political killings that rarely gets reported in SE, but to the unsuspecting you believe SW is the epicentre of political violence. I do love some outsanding Igbos like late Dora Akunyili who survived several assassination attempts from her kinsmen, and even Prof. Soludo who i believe will be outstanding compared to the failed project Obi they sold to unsuspectingYorubas.
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Brendaniel: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:
I don’t believe I’ve fallen for propaganda, I like to think of myself as a man that forms his own opinions.

Please let me know when you’re ready, I would love to learn , tomorrow na kuku Sunday , no be say we dey go office Abi no be so 😂

I'm still doing some research on some other political matters in regards to Tinubu's INEC election tribunal and my personal projects, maybe tomorrow, at least one thing I like about you is you hate insults and you don't insult which I also don't do, I hate insults and I don't insult people, you can check my comments, I love clean discussions with facts...

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by chinchum(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:
True.. but don’t be so bleak. Not all think like that… hopefully….. In Jesus name Amen
you can be rest assured that not all think like that. However, you will be shocked to find out the "overwhelming majority" think like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
that nigga is damn confuse. He don’t even know what he want.

A- Alliance
B- Seperation
C- stolen mandate
D- Biafra

Just choose one, you can’t be wanting C and still be wanting D, choose one abeg.
Chose one? You see where you are making a big mistake? We have many options, the one we will bring up depends on you. You are actually the one who failed to chose one. During Kanu disturbances did you believe any igbo candidate could do so well in presidential election? You thougth it would by walk in the park for Thiefnubuu.Guy, you in dilemma

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
A refined man
Cheers to you sir !
Brendaniel:

I'm still doing some research on some other political matters in regards to Tinubu's INEC election tribunal and my personal projects, maybe tomorrow, at least one thing I like about you is you hate insults and you don't insult which I also don't do, I hate insults and I don't insult people, you can check my comments, I love clean discussions with facts...

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
and you think we don’t know your people too?

Why would someone get %97 in an election Are there no other candidates, even if you will not vote for Tinubu, there are other guys?? But y’all come together and give your votes to your brother ONLY, is that not racism?? Abi Wetin we go calm that one?

Y’all heated the polity so much and abused everyone too much that the country is just too hot for anybody’s liking.

Una wahala too much abeg. Make dem carve una 5 state give una.
You see the problem with your people? Obi was everywhere in SW streets campaign but thiefnubuu is busy recruiting northern governors why you say that Igbos are irrelevant. Same way you refused to explore opportunity in the East but later cry that igbos are taking your land

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
Everybody don give up on Naija 😂
I think we can peacefully coexist
We do coexist already in Lagos albeit somewhat uneasily….
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Brendaniel: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:
A refined man
Cheers to you sir !

Thanks, you too...
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
chinchum:
be circumspect, perception is not reality.
While you see friend and allie , they see competition and wanting to subdue.
They made you believe Lagos governorship election was a disaster, however they rigged brazenly in SE states, the only state LP won last week was in Abia, this was almost rigged shamelessly by one LGA producing over 100 000 votes for PDP. Brutal political killings that rarely gets reported in SE, but to the unsuspecting you believe SW is the epicentre of political violence. I do love some outsanding Igbos like late Dora Akunyili who survived several assassination attempts from her kinsmen, and even Prof. Soludo who i believe will be outstanding compared to the failed project Obi they sold to unsuspectingYorubas.
PDP rigging in Abia was resisted but if someone do same in Lagos, riggers will turn it to Igbo vs Yoruba and hungry yoruba common people will fall for it
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Starboytwo(m): 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
chinchum:
you can be rest assured that not all think like that. However, you will be shocked to find out the "overwhelming majority" think like that.
omo I no care about anything anybody papa think. You hate me I hate you too. Triple your own self. Who you be? You dey craze?

I preach magnanimity in winning does not mean you will insult my tribe and I will be opening teeth. If you do anyhow you go collect.

If you loose, go home and cry and restrategize, no come here dey form Bruce lee Dey abuse a whole tribe. What are we even saying? My friend Akin voted Peter Obi, my sisters were all supporting Obi as many Yoruba’s, No single Igbo man voted for(not even tinubu) another candidates apart from
Obi? Is that even a good democratic tenets??

Y’all brought the religion and ethnic card into play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by chinchum(m): 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

PDP rigging in Abia was resisted but if someone do same in Lagos, riggers will turn it to Igbo vs Yoruba and hungry yoruba common people will fall for it
it is not me you can deceive. The declaring officer, a lady was actually the one who truly 'resisted'.
Instead of you to focus on the wood in your eyes, you are looking at the speck in others.

I understand you ibos more than you truly understand yourself. This alex otti fellow was also rigged out in 2015 via similar fashion. A very disaster of a governor that should be stoned was elected as Abia senator in 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 11:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
the insults are very annoying
It’s like trying to convert someone from another religion to yours and you’re insulting the person religion
Are you not meant to preach instead of fight ?
I hope people get my analogy
Starboytwo:
omo I no care about anything anybody papa think. You hate me I hate you too. Triple your own self. Who you be? You dey craze?

I preach magnanimity in winning does not mean you will insult my tribe and I will be opening teeth. If you do anyhow you go collect.

If you loose, go home and cry and restrategize, no come here dey form Bruce lee Dey abuse a whole tribe. What are we even saying? My friend Akin voted Peter Obi, my sisters were all supporting Obi as many Yoruba’s, No single Igbo man voted for(not even tinubu) another candidates apart from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
I say this just once
You reclaim your power by loving what you were once taught to hate…
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:

Stop talking nonesense. Thiefnubuu never campaigned in the East as he is too old for such. He used northern governors to get northern votes but such methods doesn't work in the East.
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:
the insults are very annoying
It’s like trying to convert someone from another religion to yours and you’re insulting the person religion
Are you not meant to preach instead of fight ?
I hope people get my analogy
Keep quiet my friend. You are attacking people and crying if insult.
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by drdeath: 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
mrvitalis:

Igbos should not attack all Yorubas
But Yorubas can attack Igbos because of few comments from few Igbos

Was it not because of Kaduna nzuogu coup that 3 million Igbos were killed ?

Not to talk about Yorubas where over 70% are tribalistic

Bros go and sleep
Na Ahmadioha go strike your Mama to death.
Try anything stupid.
We go fry all of una.
Useless ipob terrorists.
Na 12 million igbos go die this time.
Foolish obiidiots!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by T9ksy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:

It seems hopeless now , but remember how young Nigeria is , we can still get it right someday , and if not , if we end up like USSR , it won’t be proper for it to be from lack of trying. Our children might fault us for it tomorrow . US would never have have dared to try what they are trying right now if USSR is together which proves that , We are much stronger if we remain together as one , I hope one day I can convince you too lol

Don't bother trying to convince me about "One Nigeria" as I have never believed and still don't believe in this warped amalgam.
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
is it by force to explore Have you seen a Londoner come explore Africa. There’s nothing for my people in your east. “Your people” don’t have what we need, same way Tinubu refused to campaign in the east except for Abakaliki.

Your people should dey their day, while my people should dey their day. No need to fight and abuse or bully one another.
Then shut up cowards. Colonist Left beautiful Europe and scramble for Africa. Tomorrow you want a replica of what igbos have in SW to be given to you in SE on a platter? See who is complaining of insult

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Afonjanawerey: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
chinchum:

Don't infect him with your hatred, I was once like him, can you explain what happened on 18th of march in Lagos?
Stop running away from the truth because it's only thing that can revive this country

Igbos are not the cause of what happened on 18th of march 2023

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Afonjanawerey: 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
drdeath:

Na Ahmadioha go strike your Mama to death.
Try anything stupid.
We go fry all of una.
Useless ipob terrorists.
Na 12 million igbos go die this time.
Foolish obiidiots!

Omo you think say na your people get Agberos pass? na run you go at last
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Starboytwo(m): 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
T9ksy:

Don't bother trying to convince me about "One Nigeria" as I have never believed and still don't believe in this warped amalgam.
and you believe the Yoruba’s are the one holding the secessionist plan of the Igbos right? I can only speak for myself tho, and I care less if the whole Igbos worldwide moved back to the east.

Will only wish y’all well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
I saw Tinubu live in Abakaliki stadium. Live and direct.
Who is talking about stadium campaign here? You forgot we are talking about Igboland not zamfara. You must reach out to the people directly, to the streets, radio program, market storm, social media, religious gathering, etc

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Amunethseranu(f): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:
My name is Ayomide ,obviously a Yoruba man. I’m a Christian and I have no political affiliation. This should not be important to clarify but that’s the current state of the country nowadays. I’ve spent most of life in the southwest , so my opinion will be shaped only by what I’ve experienced in the southwest alone.

I’m utterly disgusted and disappointed with the current state of affairs in our country today. How did we get it so wrong ? We’ve decided to pick sides and fight each other based on affiliations that mean nothing in the greater scheme of things for politicians that look at us as statistics and not people.

I supported Peter Obi because I wanted a breathe of fresh air , because Tinubu is obviously too old and physically unfit to withstand the rigors of being president. I’m not sure he can steer us in the right path in this ever evolving world as befits a country as great as Nigeria. He obviously belongs to an older generation and he doesn’t seem to have the capabilities to “converse” ( for the lack of a befitting word )with other world leaders of the world. That is my personal opinion that I’m entitled to, my constitutional right. I did not vote Obi because I’m Igbo or because I’m a Christian.

But Tinubu has won.

I’ll say this to the Igbos that are justifiably angry and bitter and have been insulting Yorubas ( I know a lot of Igbo people that have not insulted anyone and they have my respect and thanks and such people is exempt from this) , They are bad , tribalistic people in all tribes. Painting us all with the same brush will only create enemies where they was previously none.

I’m Yoruba. And when you attack the Yoruba tribe as a whole , you attack me as well and my natural inclination is to pick a side. Let this narrative that all Yoruba hate all Igbo die and let us all move on from this. Old people fight is not young people fight. Why are we inheriting our grandfathers beef ? The people that did evil against the Igbos are long dead and facing their judgement. This generation is meant to be different. Let it be so and let us have one Nigeria instead of a divided one
Peace
You are senseless, Africans are stupid because I am wise dosent make Africans less stupid. Same as Yoruba tribe that are so malicious, wicked, poor at brain and u too u are a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
and you believe the Yoruba’s are the one holding the secessionist plan of the Igbos right? I can only speak for myself tho, and I care less if the whole Igbos worldwide moved back to the east.

Will only wish y’all well.
No, convince the northeners who you worship to use their majority advantage and vote for igbo session the way it happened with Singapore

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
Amunethseranu:
You are senseless, Africans are stupid because I am wise dosent make Africans less stupid. Same as Yoruba tribe that are so malicious, wicked, poor at brain and u too u are a hypocrite.
Dude claim to be different and still supporting the evils of his kinsmen with style

1 Like

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
Amunethseranu:
I’ll let others judge who’s displaying wisdom and who’s displaying senselessness here
Peace be unto you
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Corona22: 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
No they’re not , it was a terrible that happened and a very big disgrace
Afonjanawerey:

Don't infect him with your hatred, I was once like him, can you explain what happened on 18th of march in Lagos?
Stop running away from the truth because it's only thing that can revive this country

Igbos are not the cause of what happened on 18th of march 2023
Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Starboytwo(m): 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Who is talking about stadium campaign here? You forgot we are talking about Igboland not zamfara. You must reach out to the people directly, to the streets, radio program, market storm, social media, religious gathering, etc
hahah, have you forgotten your people are less accommodating to others. Besides, it’s a waste of precious time for a Yoruba contestant campaigning vigorously in the east.

We all know who you’d vote for. %97 in Anambra, and you think I’d waste my time campaigning there, haha.

Your people did not vote Atiku, did not vote kwankwaso, did not spare any vote for sowore or any other contestants, don’t even mention Bat 🤷🏿‍♂️

Infact that is my own personal problem, I understand “your people” have a problem with Yoruba’s, but why did your people not even spare 1 single votes for any other contestants Why why why? Is that not the height of tribalism??

Yoruba’s voted for PDP, many voted for LP and majority voted APC
North voted PDP,APC, NNPP
East= Elluu P.

That alone says much about “your people” as you like to refer to other tribes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by omohayek: 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Corona22:
How many Yoruba people have you met ? You’re judging 70% of a tribe of millions by the paltry few you come in contact with or you debate with on Nairaland ? Then you assume we are all tribalistic , don’t you see that that particular assumption is … tribalistic ??
The person you're responding to is a diehard tribalist who is immune to any efforts at pointing out the glaring hypocrisy in his position. Unfortunately, far too many other people think just like him, especially in the LP since Peter Obi took it over. It's precisely for that reason that it was so easy to foresee Obi coming the distant third he did: they seem to think all those "Afonjas" and "Abokis" they were mocking would ignore all the insults and vote for their candidate anyway, and now they have the nerve to talk of a "stolen mandate" having never stood a chance in the entirety of the core north or the SW outside Lagos, thanks to their own self-sabotaging arrogance and rudeness ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Current Tribalistic State Of The Country ( A Yoruba Youth’s Opinion) by Ogbuefi2020: 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
Starboytwo:
hahah, have you forgotten your people are less accommodating to others. Besides, it’s a waste of precious time for a Yoruba contestant campaigning vigorously in the east.

We all know who you’d vote for. %97 in Anambra, and you think I’d waste my time campaigning there, haha.

Your people did not vote Atiku, did not vote kwankwaso, did not spare any vote for sowore or any other contestants, don’t even mention Bat 🤷🏿‍♂️

Infact that is my own personal problem, I understand “your people” have a problem with Yoruba’s, but why did your people not even spare 1 single votes for any other contestants Why why why? Is that not the height of tribalism??

Yoruba’s voted for PDP, many voted for LP and majority voted APC
North voted PDP,APC, NNPP
East= Elluu P.

That alone says much about “your people” as you like to refer to other tribes.
We give block vote to the best among the contestants irrespective of where the person is from. We did it for Obasanjo, yar'Adua, GEJ, Atiku before Peter Obi. So stop talking nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Percentage Of Rich, Middle Class & Poor People In Nigeria Per Region—Statisense / Donald Duke Launches Presidential Campaign Website. / And Jonathan Declares For Presidency On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.