Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2105 Views)

Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help / How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? / Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
Re: . by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
Please leave politics out of this thread, I typed all these in tears. If you don’t know how I can go about this then quietly leave the thread pleas and let me take advise from others. I constantly used unconsciously in my post because I’m not in control of these behavior
Re: . by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
It will get better... don't be too hard on urself. Give it time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
Killbillz:
It will get better... don't be too hard on urself. Give it time
When will it get better? How can I Stop all these.
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I think she has noticed all of these (especially how my countenance do change immediately she’s coming close) and she has started minding her space gradually. I’ve never felt this bad in a long time and I seriously do not know how to go about this. Please how do I overcome this phobia(abi fears) for albinos ? What went wrong and how do I permanently correct all of these?
Usually, such behavior on your part is born of ignorance so spending a couple of hours on YouTube educating yourself about the sickness -- what it is and what it is not, whether it is infectious, etc.. that might help your mind slowly rid itself of the prejudice. Basically, the more favorable information about albinos you expose yourself to, the
more your mind lifts itself out of ignorance. undecided

As for her noticing, you may want to go to her and apologize for your behavior. That is the mature thing to do since you do admit the problem is from you in this case. undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Usually, such behavior on your part is born of ignorance so spending a couple of hours on YouTube educating yourself about the sickness -- what it is and what it is not, whether it is infectious, etc.. that might help your mind slowly rid itself of the prejudice. Basically, the more favorable information about albinos you expose yourself to, the

As for her noticing, you may want to go to her and apologize for your behavior. That is the mature thing to do since you do admit the problem is from you in this case. undecided
What’s going to be my excuse for my behavior towards her? Ofcourse I can’t tell her it’s the albinism, I can’t
Re: . by budaatum: 11:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
What’s going to be my excuse for my behavior towards her?

Your ignorance, of course, which you hope to cure by learning from her.

And you are not excusing. You are confessing!

You never know, but she might end up becoming your life long best friend.
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
What’s going to be my excuse for my behavior towards her? Ofcourse I can’t tell her it’s the albinism, I can’t
If you want to say something to her before you have successfully deprogrammed yourself of your prejudice, you can ask her to please bear with your rude behaviour for a bit as you are working through some mental issues you find your need to take care of. undecided

After you have successfully taken care of those mental issues, you can then open to her about what was really going on in your mind and why you had behaved as you did towards her. undecided
Re: . by budaatum: 11:41pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I owe you another apology!
Re: . by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
You mean I should confess to her that it’s because of her albinism that makes me avoid her? Won’t that tamper with her self esteem?
budaatum:

Your ignorance, of course, which you hope to cure by learning from her.

And you are not excusing. You are confessing!

You never know, but she might end up becoming your life long best friend.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you want to say something to her before you have successfully deprogrammed yourself of your prejudice, you can ask her to please bear with your rude behaviour for a bit as you are working through some mental issues you find your need to take care of. undecided

After you have successfully taken care of those mental issues, you can then open to her about what was really going on in your mind and why you had behaved as you did towards her. undecided
It’ll be so difficult because I don’t even want to have an idea. I feel it’s going to affect her self esteem
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
It’ll be so difficult because I don’t even want to have an idea. I feel it’s going to affect her self esteem
By telling her the problem is you and that you are willing to work on you in order to correct it, you help her self-esteem. I mean she already sees that you have some sort of problem with her, so the best you can do is admit to you and your upbringing being the issue, not her person. . undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
By telling her the problem is you and that you are willing to work on you in order to correct it, you help her self-esteem. undecided
Ok thanks a lot, I’ll have to be very careful on how I go about it
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Ok thanks a lot, I’ll have to be very careful on how I go about it
If you sound or seem a bit too calculated in the way you present these things, you will end up hurting her. But if you are honest and accept the blame as you should, there's a chance that you make a friend or even a sister. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you sound or seem a bit too calculated in the way you present these things, you will end up hurting her. But if you are honest and accept the blame as you should, there's a chance that you make a friend or even a sister. undecided
The fear of hurting her is the reason I typed that
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
The fear of hurting her is the reason I typed that
According to you, you already hurt her by trying to avoid her. That ship don sail! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I already feel like deleting this thread because of how any albino on this forum will feel . Should I delete it?
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I already feel like deleting this thread because of how any albino on this forum will feel . Should I delete it?
You don't want others to learn from your mistake? undecided

You know you can always use Report - #2 to extinguish the rude comments, right? undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to you, you already hurt her by trying to avoid her. That ship don sail! undecided
I feel sooooo bad. This thing started from childhood and it’s still stuck
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I feel sooooo bad. This thing started from childhood and it’s still stuck
There is no such thing, as we are all designed with ability to learn new tricks until even the moment of our death. undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You don't want others to learn from your mistake? undecided

You know you can always use Report - #2 to extinguish the rude comments, right? undecided
Not even the rude comments (I’m used to it and they don’t get to me in any way) but the albinos that may be in this forum
Re: . by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as we are all designed with ability to learn new tricks until even the moment of our death. undecided
Thanks a lot, I feel a bit better.

1 Like

Re: . by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Thanks a lot, I feel a bit better.
The world --- Nigeria even --- would be a better place if we would each work hard on ridding ourselves of our various prejudices. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by budaatum: 12:05am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You mean I should confess to her that it’s because of her albinism that makes me avoid her? Won’t that tamper with her self esteem?

No, you will not tamper with her self esteem.

In fact, by confessing your own ignorance and not hers since she's not the ignorant one here, you are tampering with your own self esteem by showing humility and the will to learn. And that tampering with your self esteem will make you grow especially since you are now going to make amends by doing the opposite of "avoid her".
Re: . by budaatum: 12:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as we are all designed with ability to learn new tricks until even the moment of our death. undecided

I think a comma is required.

There is no such thing, as we are all designed with ability to learn new tricks until even the moment of our death.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:

No, you will not tamper with her self esteem.

In fact, by confessing your own ignorance and not hers since she's not the ignorant one here, you are tampering with your own self esteem by showing humility and the will to learn. And that tampering with your self esteem will make you grow especially since you are now going to make amends by doing the opposite of "avoid her".
I’ve really tried to fight this thing but to put it in practice comes the wahala, i don’t know how better I can explain these things. I’m scared I may never get over this habit. Sad 😢

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:

I think a comma is required.

There is no such thing, as we are all designed with ability to learn new tricks until even the moment of our death.
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by budaatum: 12:17am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I’ve really tried to fight this thing but to put it in practice comes the wahala, i don’t know how better I can explain these things. I’m scared I may never get over this habit. Sad 😢

If you try hard to get over a habit that is already making you sad, you are likely to get over it so you become unsad.

As for explaining it. Ignorance. You were ignorant and should now intend to educate yourself.

In fact, take this as an opportunity to research albinism and post what you discover here. You never know, but others may learn and cure their ignorance too.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
When will it get better? How can I Stop all these.

With time. Trying to rush it and force urself to adapt quickly will make it worse. It will be too obvious and u will feel terrible.

Secondly, what u can do is pinpoint exactly what the problem is. The skin color, texture/ nature? Or just based on some general assumptions. The condition isn't anything but absence of pigmentation in their skin and hair. They're just like everyone else. In wtv u do start small and give urself credit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by intruder15(m): 1:46am On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Right from childhood I have this very rare and strong phobia for albinos, infact I practically run on sighting them no matter who was with me. Well, I thought I’ve overcome this habit overtime until recently I found out it’s still with me. I happen to be in a place recently that involves me mingling with an albino and each time she tries to come close I unconsciously drift away immediately and would have to pinch and hold myself so as not to get noticed. I unconsciously avoid anything that’ll join us together and would made sure we are never in line doing things together, she has tried severally to come close to me but I just don’t know when I’ll stylishly dodge her and be forming busy. But I tried to be very nice to her at any given opportunity but unconsciously do that from a reasonable distance . Recently she had her birthday and I gifted her a very massive cake but unconsciously feigned sickness just to avoid some closeness that may happen during the birthday. Believe me i don’t have control when I do these things, I feel so bad and terrible after doing them. Last friday I woke up early and made up my mind that immediately I sight her that day, I’ll go give her a hug and peck her but on sighting her i didn’t even know when i started forming busy and all that. I went home and cried bitterly because she’s a very nice person. I think she has noticed all of these (especially how my countenance do change immediately she’s coming close) and she has started minding her space gradually. I’ve never felt this bad in a long time and I seriously do not know how to go about this. Please how do I overcome this phobia(abi fears) for albinos ? What went wrong and how do I permanently correct all of these?

Do you two talk over the phone? If yes explain to her how exactly it's doing you. Let her know that your heart wants to be close to her but your body isn't. Let her know that you are willing to work with her to fix this issue with you.

You need to ascertain what exactly the fear is about. That will guide to fix.
Re: . by luminouz(m): 2:06am On Mar 26, 2023
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Wonders shall never end

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This True About Masturbation? / What Is The Colour of Love In Nigeria? / Be Truthfull--can You Be Attracted To An Uneducated Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.