Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? (9207 Views)

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness / See What This Crazy Girls Are Doing.? Bro Our Wives.!! / Pls,how Do I Overcome This Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Any psychologist in the house?
I sort of grew up with various people and at different locations. For some reasons, I didn't spend much years with my parent, max 4 years. Then, those I lived with also, I spent a maximum of 4 years with them too or location.
The ones I lived with the longest, we got to really enjoy each other's company after I left for the University and came home once a year.
Even in school, I lived with people once. When someone becomes too close, it feels good. I enjoy it and as soon as they begin to drift away, I do too.
In essence, I drift away easily.

So, it kind of make me detached and make me find it hard to remain close to anyone. And when I see any sign of withdrawal or even you reacting in a funny way to me, I start the process of ending it unconsciously.

I really need advise from people. I've tried psychologists but I don't have enough money for their sessions.
So, help me glean from your experience and anything you want to say.

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
Buy a dog or a cat...
Youre welcome

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shibaraba:
Buy a dog or a cat... Youre welcome
Deep. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
drink 200ml of coffee daily.
u ll be fine

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by CaZmir: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
You not alone,it happens . Minding your business is very profitable

below is how you feel...

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
chenzen:
drink 200ml of coffee daily.
u ll be fine
Kukuma kill me na
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
CaZmir:
You not alone,it happens . Minding your business is very profitable

below is how you feel...
Not with loved ones
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by thesicilian: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
Most people you want to remain close to are not even worth it.

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by ochibuogwu5: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
Give your life to JESUS CHRIST with *total commitment* and *renew your mind daily with the gospel*, the Holy Spirit will *restore your balance without any kobo/penny* to any *psychological session*
thus "Jesus Christ said to those who had believed in him, if you *continue in my word* then you will discover *the truth* and the *truth* will set you *free*" {John 8:31-32}.
Great Grace Dear!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by sKeetz(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
Give your life to JESUS CHRIST with *total commitment* and *renew your mind daily with the gospel*, the Holy Spirit will *restore your balance without any kobo/penny* to any *psychological session*
thus "Jesus Christ said to those who had believed in him, if you *continue in my word* then you will discover *the truth* and the *truth* will set you *free*" {John 8:31-32}.
Great Grace Dear!!!

Shut the fùck up

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Evtspez: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
What do you really want from the people you associate with? And how do you maintain the virtues that you want from those people? When you identify those important answers from the aforementioned questions then I believe you will get people close to you and also love to be around them. My experience and of course interaction with people made me to understand that people tend to associate with you when you share common motive/interest/value etc. It's not everyone that is gonna associate with you and that doesn't mean you're bad or you have ill manners, it only means you guys don't share similar motive/interest/value.
You also have to develop unconditional love towards people. One dude above said you should get a dog or cat, what I understood from that is for you to learn how to love your fellow unconditionally without expecting anything from them just as you would love a dog or cat without any of them doing your laundry or getting you a drink from the refrigerator.
All the best

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Jcole1985(m): 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
Divey Don't force it,learn from the ocean and go with the waves
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by horlahwaley(m): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
Divepen1:
I sort of grew up with various people and at different locations. For some reasons, I didn't spend much years with my parent, max 4 years. Then, those I lived with also, I spent a maximum of 4 years with them too or location.
The ones I lived with the longest, we got to really enjoy each other's company after I left for the University and came home once a year.
Even in school, I lived with people once. When someone becomes too close, it feels good. I enjoy it and as soon as they begin to drift away, I do too.

So, it kind of make me detached and make me find it hard to remain close to anyone. And when I see any sign of withdrawal or even you reacting in a funny way to me, I start the process of ending it unconsciously.

I really need advise from people. I've tried psychologists but I don't have enough money for their sessions.

Op, was in your shoes i was worried initially that i couldnt boast of a successful relationship with people as i have few friends but i later admit that its just who i am.

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by ElsonMorali: 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2019
As far as I know friendship is overrated. Be a lone wolf. Learn to enjoy solitude. Only strong people see the value of solitude.

24 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by IjebuWarrior: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
cheesy
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Learnstuffs: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
You think you are alone in this? I think you are completely normal. My own is worse. Sometimes I will detach from every one. I won't call. I will go to my social media pages, I won't chat or even reply messages. I am not just in the right frame of mind. After a while, I will start chatting again. I think it's something about me I cannot change so I have to embrace it

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
Great Grace Dear!!!
Thanks. I'm a Christian. But even Pastors need to talk sometimes to someone unbiased- people that don't love or hate them that's why God even recommended being kind to strangers. It gives them the strength to unburden themselves.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Evtspez:
/value.
Thanks a lot...
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
ElsonMorali:
As far as I know friendship is overrated. Be a lone wolf. Learn to enjoy solitude. Only strong people see the value of solitude.
Thanks. But I think it's more about my loved ones I.e family members than friends.

cc

ElsonMorali

horlahwaley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Bluezy13(m): 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hmmm...

I'm not alone after all.
At least the OP and the fourth guy above me; are my friends.
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...

I'm not alone after all.
At least the OP and the fourth guy above me; are my friends.

Me neither, funny enough I don't share the same background with the op so I don't even understand how my own started
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Divepen1:

Ha repeat after me, you can't be cutting people off, but my guy you need people for referral and networking so learn to curtail it. All the best

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Bluezy13(m): 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
skarlett:

Me neither, funny enough I don't share the same background with the op so I don't even understand how my own started

Kpele...

It's what we find ourselves in.
We just have to accept it.
The last time i tried changing and adapting to other lifestyles, it was disastrous to my peace of mind.

It could be the manner of family you were born into.
It could be where you grew up.
It could also the horoscopic bla bla bla...

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 11:56pm On Mar 26, 2019
pcguru1:

Ha repeat after me, you can't be cutting people off, but my guy you need people for referral and networking so learn to curtail it. All the best
Yessahh
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:32am On Mar 27, 2019
This is me in a summary. Learn to enjoy solitude. I don't have friends and don't even need them. I enjoy my space. I hardly talk to people. I find it grueling even to pick up calls. I leave Whatsapp and other social media chats unanswered. They say I'm snobbish, but I know I'm not. I'm only friends with people for a moment and once I notice you start drifting away, I completely leave you alone until we have a reason to discuss again. One reason I haven't been able to keep any romantic relationship(s) and friendships. I withdraw easily. I also am very unemotional and non-challant too. You're perfectly fine, OP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:34am On Mar 27, 2019
pcguru1:

This is true though. If there has to be one reason to socialize, then business should be the focal point.
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 27, 2019
Bluezy13:

Kpele...

It's what we find ourselves in.
We just have to accept it.
The last time i tried changing and adapting to other lifestyles, it was disastrous to my peace of mind.

It could be the manner of family you were born into.
It could be where you grew up.
It could also the horoscopic bla bla bla...

Lol, I don't feel bad about it, there's no need for the apology. It has helped me break off some unwanted relationships and keep the circle smaller wink

I don't plan to change anytime soon

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by rex444(m): 5:09am On Mar 27, 2019
Wow!!! Another me...yay!!!! Anyway, in one way or the other mine has been profitable cos I utilise my alone time for many important things and if I feel totally bored, I listen to good music or read a good book...I hardly have someone I can confidently say is my bestie.. maybe to them, yes but to me? No way,I don't even trust myself

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 27, 2019
I act the same way. It's a protective mechanism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 5:49am On Mar 27, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
A.
I enjoy solitude. But that relationship aspect is what I don't want.
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by Divepen1(m): 5:50am On Mar 27, 2019
Jirair:
I act the same way. It's a protective mechanism.
Now, I'm getting it.
Re: How Do I Overcome This Crazy Habit? by anochuko01(m): 6:40am On Mar 27, 2019
thats me, and i love it. spend your energy to make a better life for yourself...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips To Mantain Fresh Breath; Kiss Withouth Fear. / 10 Powerful Traits Of A Mature Person, No 5 Will Shock You. / Boob Size And Back Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.