Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? (2322 Views)

Which Category Do You Fall In? / What Category Do You Place 5.5inches Girth? / Zimbabwean Man Discovers Love Potion With List Of Lovers In Girlfriend’s Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 26, 2023
Take a few moments to read the nine statements that follow, and assign each of them a rating to indicate the degree to which they
describe you.

Some of the statements refer to a specific relationship, while others refer to your general beliefs.

Whenever possible, answer the questions with your current partner in mind or, if you are not in a
relationship, answer with your most recent partner in mind.

If you have not been in a relationship, answer in a way that is consistent with how you believe you would think and behave.

Don’t spend too long thinking about each statement—and answer honestly.

Assign each item a rating between 1 (“strongly disagree”) and 5 (“strongly agree”).

1. I was attracted to my partner within moments of meeting him/her.

1 2 3 4 5

2. When it comes to relationships, I find a certain type of
person attractive, and my partner fits that ideal.

1 2 3 4 5

3. My partner and I simply feel like we were meant for each other.

1 2 3 4 5

4. I value loving relationships that grow out of strong friendships.

1 2 3 4 5

5. I cannot say exactly when I fell in love. It seemed to happen over a relatively long period of time.

1 2 3 4 5

6. Love is not a mysterious sensation but rather an extreme
form of caring and friendship.

1 2 3 4 5

7. My partner would not be happy if he/she knew some of the things that I get up to.

1 2 3 4 5

8. I like the idea of playing the field with several different partners.

1 2 3 4 5

9. I tend to bounce back from failed love affairs quite easily.

1 2 3 4 5
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 26, 2023
Scoring

This type of questionnaire measures the three main kinds of loving
styles.

Based on concepts first proposed by the famous Greek philosopher
Plato, these are commonly referred to by psychologists as Eros (Greek
for “desire”), Ludus (“game playing”), and Storge (“affection”).

To calculate your score for each style, add your scores together for the
following statements.
Statements 1, 2, and 3 = Eros
Statements 4, 5, and 6 = Storge
Statements 7, 8, and 9 = Ludus

The highest of the three scores indicates your main loving style.

Eros: These lovers have very strong ideas about the type of physical and psychological characteristics that they desire in a partner. When they encounter a match, they frequently experience love at first sight and, all being well, engage in an emotionally intense relationship.

Such relationships tend to survive for a few years but often falter as the love of their life changes over time and no longer matches their strict criteria.
When this happens, the passionate Eros lover
again sets off in search of the perfect soul mate.

Extroverted and giving, passionate lovers feel secure in their relationships and are willing to be emotionally close to others.

They tend to become infatuated during
the initial stages of any relationship, and while in the grip of passionate love would not dream of infidelity.

Storge: These lovers value trust over lust. Instead of having a perfect partner in mind, they slowly develop a network of friends in the hope that affection will transform into deep commitment and love.

Once committed, they are intensely loyal and supportive, and tend to form only one or two long-term romantic relationship(s) throughout their life.

Highly altruistic and trusting, they have often been brought up in a large family and feel comfortable with the idea of depending on others for support.

Ludus: These lovers have no ideal type in mind but are instead happy to play the field.

They strive for novelty and thrills, are uncomfortable with commitment, and quickly move from one short-term relationship to another.

Summed up by the expression
“They like the face they face,” roving lovers enjoy the thrill of the chase and display little in the way of loyalty or commitment.

More neurotic and self- conscious than most, they have little sympathy for the feelings of others.

They are risk takers whose loving style is often driven by a fear of being abandoned by a
partner—a situation that they avoid by not getting too close to anyone.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by haabidah666: 5:35am On Mar 26, 2023
1-3 =15
4-6 =15
7-9 =3

confused embarassed
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 26, 2023
haabidah666:
1-3 =15
4-6 =15
7-9 =3

confused embarassed

Interesting.

The scales are from 1 to 5.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by haabidah666: 7:41am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Interesting.
The scales are from 1 to 5.
yeah...that's my result.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by sslcrypt: 8:09am On Mar 26, 2023
Mine total.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 26, 2023
haabidah666:
yeah...that's my result.

Oh, now i get it.

That's a total of 33 points.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2023
sslcrypt:
Mine total.

You have a total of 28 points.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by haabidah666: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Oh, now i get it.

That's a total of 33 points.
yeah...how do i know which category i belong to embarassed
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2023
haabidah666:

1-3 =15 : Statements 1, 2, and 3 = Eros
4-6 =15 : Statements 4, 5, and 6 = Storge
7-9 =3 : Statements 7, 8, and 9 = Ludus

confused embarassed

The list.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by HellVictorinho7: 9:43am On Mar 26, 2023
HOPELESS
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 26, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
HOPELESS

Whoa, that isn't a certified category.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Zonefree(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2023
It takes a fool to fall in love with a Nigerian girl.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by HellVictorinho7: 10:07am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Whoa, that isn't a certified category.
FED UP
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
FED UP

Um, do you mean you are fed up about your
current relationship status or your general
life status?
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2023
Zonefree:

Guy, try to calm down.

I don't want any mysogynistic comments on
this thread.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by HellVictorinho7: 10:12am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Um, do you mean you are fed up about your
current relationship status or your general
life status?
RELATIONSHIP STATUS
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by sslcrypt: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

You have a total of 28 points.

What does it indicate then?
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by HellVictorinho7: 10:17am On Mar 26, 2023
Zonefree:
THE GIRL MAY NEITHER NEED NOR WANT U FOR ANY REASON. UR BADLUCK WITH THEM IS ONLY URS.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 26, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS

Improving Relationships.

If you are in a relationship and feel the relationship is boring or lackluster, you both should try doing something new and exciting.

Aron’s work suggests that long-term couples will feel more attracted to each other when they regularly engage in novel and exciting joint
activities that involve working together to achieve a goal.

This finding is supported by the results of several surveys showing that long-term
couples who are happy in their relationships are more likely to take part in leisure activities that involve both partners and are relatively
unpredictable, exciting, and active rather than passive.

So regardless of whether it is playing a sport, amateur dramatics, rock climbing, visiting new places, learning a new dance, or traveling to
novel vacation destinations, couples who face life’s obstacles together stick together.

Source: 59 Seconds by Richard Wiseman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2023
sslcrypt:

What does it indicate then?

You are quite evenly balanced between the three
types of love.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by HellVictorinho7: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Improving Relationships.

If you are in a relationship and feel the relationship is boring or lackluster, you both should try doing something new and exciting.

Aron’s work suggests that long-term couples will feel more attracted to each other when they regularly engage in novel and exciting joint
activities that involve working together to achieve a goal.

This finding is supported by the results of several surveys showing that long-term
couples who are happy in their relationships are more likely to take part in leisure activities that involve both partners and are relatively
unpredictable, exciting, and active rather than passive.

So regardless of whether it is playing a sport, amateur dramatics, rock climbing, visiting new places, learning a new dance, or traveling to
novel vacation destinations, couples who face life’s obstacles together stick together.

Source: 59 Seconds by Richard Wiseman
AM NOT IN ANY RELATIONSHIP
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Exmilitant(m): 10:52am On Mar 26, 2023
1-3 = 7 4-6 =10 7-9 = 5
Op, why am i not in a serious relationship? I am almost 43. grin
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2023
Exmilitant:
1-3 = 7
4-6 =10
7-9 = 5

Op, why am i not in a serious relationship? I am almost 43. grin

Errm,...

That,

is not how it works.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by sslcrypt: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

You are quite evenly balanced between the three
types of love.

Not surprised served in military and still serving in other capacity within the sector. Does that mean I could be cold sometimes? Because I take decisions regardless of considering emotions state of mind.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
AM NOT IN ANY RELATIONSHIP

Read the book the art of seduction, by Robert
Greene.

The Art of Seduction
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 26, 2023
sslcrypt:

Not surprised served in military and still serving in other capacity within the sector. Does that mean I could be cold sometimes? Because I take decisions regardless of considering emotions state of mind.

It it actually a good trait, for example if you are
the military commander you might have to
take rational and cool headed decisions especially
when you are under pressure.

Because making rash decisions may affect your
comrades.

So yes, it is a good trait to have if you are working
within the military.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by HellVictorinho7: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Read the book the art of seduction, by Robert
Greene.

The Art of Seduction
YOUR SEDUCTION FAILS EXCEPT BY CHANCE.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Exmilitant(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2023
TheMaterialist:

Errm,...
That,
is not how it works.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
YOUR SEDUCTION FAILS EXCEPT BY CHANCE.

Do you have a fear of rejection?
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 26, 2023
Storge.
Re: The Three Types Of Lovers: What Category Do You Belong To? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Nia69:
Storge.
Wow, that was very Specific.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do When Both Partners Are Inexperienced / Stunning Or Just Average Looking Chick? Which Is Advisable / I Am In Love With My Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.