Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 (59406 Views)

Reno Omokri's Prayer For President Buhari At 79 / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today / Moment Oladipo Diya Kneeling And Begging Abacha Not To Kill Him -VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by crossbreedwears(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
Abacha was very discipline to the core. I wosh for such man to rule Nigeria again
madridguy:
Wow, I first heard about his zeal and attitude towards duty inside motor. I was going out that day and suddenly there was traffic, only for us to found out it was some newly graduated soldiers that they are doing what they like at the road. A man sitting at the front of the vehicle just side his always ashamed to call himself an officer whenever he came about situation like this. The man now started praying for Gen. Sanni Abacha, he said you won't pass under him and ever misbehave. He said the man discipline is out of this world. So i believe what you just said about his daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by crossbreedwears(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
Abacha is the first military officer to attained the rank of General without skipping a promotion
crossbreedwears:
Abacha was very discipline to the core. I wosh for such man to rule Nigeria again

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by SSpeter(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
maivd:

Tell that to the 3 million souls that died, and oh remind them that the instigator of the war left them in the hands of the enemies,who saw compassion on fellow humans and integrated them back into the union,and if you feeling like laying down innocent souls again we are always ready.
wether 3million or 5millon we all die... Over 18 million Soviets died defending Stalingrad.... hundreds of thousands are already dead in Ukraine. We all live to die it is just a matter of time...no one is getting out alive both the victors and the vanquished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
madridguy:
Gen Sani Abacha used him eyes see shege then to the extent of making him cry publicly on national TV only for Abacha to give him white handkerchief again to wipe his years.

R. I. P Lt- General Diya.

You still remeber. The guy dey lucky say Abacha no kill am.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Babaibe: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
obyno82:

Stop try to misinform people by the time Ojukwu left muritala was removed. Mind you muritala escaped death from Biafran elite squad sent by Ojukwu in Abagana. Muritala was removed after that disaster in Abagana, his wife never became any shut to his kinsmen, rather it is your mother that was a cheap slut before the death of your father.

Ironsi never begged he died with honor, you are only pained because you cannot stand the shame of hearing that your kinsmen was a coward
only a mad man like you will continue to rant. You better go for anti rabies injection. All igbo women are slut including your mother, your mother once had a stand at ojuelegba. Pig
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Dottormentor: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
[Including you goat
quote author=AnotherMANpikin post=122065319]RIP.....both tinubu, ghaba shehu, isa patami, mamoud yakubu, fani kayode, dino melaye, and all those behaving like they will live in this world forever, one day we will all die.[/quote]
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Justiceleague1: 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
Rest in perfect peace,real gallant soldier.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Justiceleague1: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
See how sophisticated maarrraans fooollsss half stylishly brought Ojukwu to this solemn thread
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by maivd: 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
SSpeter:
wether 3million or 5millon we all die... Over 18 million Soviets died defending Stalingrad.... hundreds of thousands are already dead in Ukraine. We all live to die it is just a matter of time...no one is getting out alive both the victors and the vanquished
Start the war we are ever ready but I need you to swear one oath """"never run"""
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Onyipk: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
It was not a set up.
I watched the Abdulkareem Adisa you mentioned testify under oath LIVE in Oputa panel that they ACTUALLY PLANNED THE COUP.

This was after Abacha's death.

Please do not change history because Late Diya knew he did plan the coup.

Thank you

Moblux:
Abacha for whatever reason set him up alongside Abdulkareem Adisa in a phantom coup. RIP
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Gaabasky: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Cooleasy:

Bros, is it true that Adisa's death was caused by food poisoning in Ilorin? If yes, by who? Was this connected to enemies (because I know he talked too much and could be very harsh)?

Adisa was not posioned, he had accident along Abuja Kabba road when he was campaigning for IBB. He was IBB DG as at then.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Onyipk: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
But they did plan the coup.
Abdulkareem Adisa testified live at Oputa panel long after Abacha died that they planned the coup.

That is why Diya's popularity in Nigeria died down.
Afterall Abacha was gone all he needed to have said is that we planned the coup because Abacha was too dictatorial... and everyone would have praised him

But he denied this .....

If you have forgotten, me I have not forgotten.

Don't change history nor twist history.

Sammysolution:
R.I.P General, General sabo really makes this man and others suffer by telling abacha they are planning coup against him, after baba narrow escape from their den, the baba learn to stay on his lane, not talking to anybody about what transpires in abacha's government, including his own personal ordeal.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by SSpeter(m): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
maivd:

Start the war we are ever ready but I need you to swear one oath """"never run"""
Now you are changing the narrative
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by 7upnigeria: 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
See life, my mind went to him earlier today. I watched their coup story all night because I had free youtube night data. His soul rest in peace. The powerful people that year, himself and Abacha would have met again now. Nobody knows what would have taken place when they met.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by maivd: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
SSpeter:
Now you are changing the narrative
Am staying the cause,we don't run.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by juman(m): 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Beware and be careful of northern christians.
They may betray you like bamaiyi.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by fabolouz1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
He lived his full cycle , would have died a long time ago if his boss were still alive after been implicated in the 1995 coup or was it phantom?
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Babakolanut(m): 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by 3seriez(m): 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
madridguy:
Gen Sani Abacha used him eyes see shege then to the extent of making him cry publicly on national TV only for Abacha to give him white handkerchief again to wipe his years.

R. I. P Lt- General Diya.

Why are you like this.. grin grin
Lmao
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by GUNITGuy: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
i could remember in 96 Diya always pay visit to his mother in Bariga LAGOS .... when he was tried for coup his mum said no one can kill her Son inspite of the worries that surrounds his life at the time... REST IN PEACE TO YOU GEN. OLADIPO DIYA the Abacha's 2nd in command

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Moblux(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Onyipk:
It was not a set up.
I watched the Abdulkareem Adisa you mentioned testify under oath LIVE in Oputa panel that they ACTUALLY PLANNED THE COUP.

This was after Abacha's death.

Please do not change history because Late Diya knew he did plan the coup.

Thank you

Kindly educate me more ...I will need a link to the video where Adisa said that. Its good to learn something new
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by tishbite42: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
maivd:

What of the Yoruba man that died with Aguiyi Ironsi, or the one saved ojukwu during the counter coup Lt-Col David Ogunewe....you people just like to brag over nothing.
Lol, Fajuyi's story is a tale by moonlight concocted by the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway media. Both were killed because the North thought they were complicit in the coup. Are you telling me the coupists were not powerful enough to separate both of them?!
As for Ogunewe, this is the first time I'm hearing this your story. Whether true or false, Ogunewe is a full-blooded Igboman from Imo State.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Onyipk: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
It was aired on NTA . Just Google it. I never needed the archives because I watched it live.
Use Oputa panel to search that would help.

Moblux:

Kindly educate me more ...I will need a link to the video where Adisa said that. Its good to learn something new

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Pacyrus(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
RADIO NIGERIA-Uplifting The People And Uniting The Nation!
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by GreaterFuture(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
generalud:
Good Father of a wicked son Olusola Diya when he was a camp commandant at NYSC Jega, Kebbi State in 2008. That womanizer called Olusola Diya did not allowed anything with skirts and blouse to pass him by. RIP Gen Oladipo Diya. You died a natural death and not the one Abacha wanted to kill you untimely.
You were a Corper in The Camp then??
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by 010okoogar: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
Only our creator is great , you have done your path so be it .
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by luminouz(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
SSpeter:
The fact that you can run when surrendered without being caught shows you are the boss
Have some shame defending rubbish jare...

Boss ko...Actor ni
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Moblux(m): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
Onyipk:
It was aired on NTA . Just Google it. I never needed the archives because I watched it live.
Use Oputa panel to search that would help.

I know it was aired on NTA. To put it in context, the testimonies of the duo ( Adisa and Diya) reflect that they were set up by Bamaiyi, Aziza and some other two who sold the idea of 4 points demand on Abacha, who had perfected plans to transit from military to an elected president. Diya has disdain for this and Abacha allegedly knew Diya was not on his side for such.

In the weeks leading to their arrest, Abacha had dissolved the cabinet...it was Bamaiyi that involved Diya on how to prevail Abacha to accept the demands. Making demands looked innocent but Diya did not know he was being set up. Why was Abacha passing handkerchief when Diya was begging. Why was Jeremiah Useni bent on airing the video where Diya was begging
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by LegacyB: 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
jamesversion:

But as far as definition of cowards goes, Diya qualifies as one.

Sorry, if that hurts your feelings
. grin tongue
What qualifies Ojukwu’s Own? And any answer on Bianca vs FFK?
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by LegacyB: 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Festy4u:

This your comment reminded me of what OBJ spoke about in Anambra state when he was invited by Soludo for his one year in office. OBJ said when he appointed Okonjo and Soludo as Finance minister and CBN governor respectively, he was visited by some notable Yoruba figure who told him that he was giving juicy positions to the Igbos and sidelining the Yorubas! undecided

Now, let me inform you before you start your igbophobic jab on me. I am not Igbo! Infact, I'm not even from the Southeast region of the country.

But, it's unfortunate the level at which Nigeria as a country as descended to the level that we no longer see ourselves as Nigerians but Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba (who I sometimes call the three unfortunate major tribe), who are the cause of the division we have today in the country.

What has where a man/woman comes from as to do with service to ones country? Little wonder the western world sees us as confused bunch.

It's quite unfortunate!
Only those who aren’t wise enough would not know of your hatred towards the Yorubas. Stop your misinformation. OBJ never mentioned a Yoruba saying that. He did not mention any tribe. But your hatred won’t make you know that. Well we care less anyways!
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Onyipk: 4:43am On Mar 27, 2023
I watched Adisa' testify. .. He was asked a simple question in Oputa's panel did you plan the coup?
Adisa replied.. Yes we planned the coup and that is why Abacha never forgave him because he said if everyone planned it at least he thought Adisa will report to him.
He mentioned that Abacha actually gave him ample opportunity to report to him but he did not.
That Abacha had a person who infiltrated their plans did not mean that Diya did not plan the coup.
This was actually the testimony that ensured Diya was never seen as a hero all over the country. People laughed at him.... because even long after Abacha's death, he was not still bold enough to simply admit that he planned that coup.

Diya was only saying he was set up but the truth is that Diya was not wise. To plan a coup you can never be 100% sure of everyone with you so you must watch them, watch their body language, watch out for traitors, watch who their friends are .... ..
Abacha might have been a bad man to us civilians then but , so many top ranking guys loved him. Diya should have been aware of this.
Diya simply did not do his homework.
Every successful coup since the 80s had Abacha's signature... He was an infantryman thus to plan a coup against a major coup planner, you must try and be smarter than him.
See that Abacha knew about their plans because he had his loyalists infiltrated among the coup planners will never change the fact that that coup was planned.... Adisa became the hero of that panel... He simply told and narrated the truth.

Adisa died later on but his testimony lives.....

Moblux:

I know it was aired on NTA. To put it in context, the testimonies of the duo ( Adisa and Diya) reflect that they were set up by Bamaiyi, Aziza and some other two who sold the idea of 4 points demand on Abacha, who had perfected plans to transit from military to an elected president. Diya has disdain for this and Abacha allegedly knew Diya was not on his side for such.

In the weeks leading to their arrest, Abacha had dissolved the cabinet...it was Bamaiyi that involved Diya on how to prevail Abacha to accept the demands. Making demands looked innocent but Diya did not know he was being set up. Why was Abacha passing handkerchief when Diya was begging. Why was Jeremiah Useni bent on airing the video where Diya was begging

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by okuta007: 5:13am On Mar 27, 2023
cutedharmee:

Wow his father a drunkard shocked shocked shocked. I guess his father raped ur mum while he was drunk, reason why you're so pained tongue tongue tongue

where my mother is, your useless fada can never be - it’s like you saying a danfo driver in Lagos raping a middle class attorney in massachusetts who has never travelled to Naija - how is that possible ? 😂Ya drunk and useles father can only rape cows and dogs because he is into bestiality and that’s why you are half dog and half human - agbaya 😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ayade Carries His Wife On A Power Bike. Photos / Charles Okah's Daughter Tarila To Wed, Visits Dad In Prison To Seek Blessing / How Buhari Can Prove He’s Not ‘jubril’ From Sudan – CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.