Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West (546 Views)

Atiku Wins Again. Let See Te Next Step Of Asiwaju / The Deification Of Super Commissioner Tunji Bello / Welcome to Iragbiji, the real hometown of Asiwaju Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by LocalStandard1(m): 7:44am On Mar 26, 2023
There are many claims to this, but I have never heard a single Peter Obi supporter tag him as a 'Saviour'. Not a sign one! And considering I am in a place where Peter Obi got the overwhelming votes barely leaving some for the other candidates, I am sure of that.

But I know one who has been elevated to even a 'god' status, not just a 'Saviour' now, by both online and off supporters. I've personally seen and heard many say it, and all these are from the Yorubas.

There are many older leaders still worth celebrating, emulating and eulogizing in the North, the South East, ND, MB. People worth listening to. But I see the South West seems to be on a mission throwing off their elders of old who've really came through for the people, and that is influenced by propaganda and greed of a few.

Not even Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Murtala Muhammad, Tafawa Balewa, Ojuku and other heros of past or even Obasanjo, Buhari, Edwin Clark, Yakubu Gowon etc, and all those still alive and worth eulogizing have ever been referred to as gods. And these are people who literally and directly touched and changed lives and shook the foundations of our country, even made good names abroad.

Yet Tinubu, the locally and internationally known shady and blurry character. Who've not touched the life of anyone without asking for ten times as much in return, whose only national footprint is helping to bring in the biggest catastrophe ever recorded in Nigeria's known history, who has established and legitimised a system of total idleness, ignorance, joblessness, cluelessness, violence and thuggery among South Western youths and destroyed any semblance of real democracy built on the ability and power of the people to decide their leaders themselves instead by a godfather, kingmaker, cabal and a few very curropt and selfish elites. Is one being deified and exalted to high heavens.

They call him Asiwaju, they shout to him as 'the Jagaban', and they seem to exalted him and even call him a 'god'! But is he worth that status, is he worth such exaltation and is that kind of character one the entirety of the South West want emulated and seen as there face and sole representation?

When a people begin to do that, when the person being done that to is one of such repulsive and abysmal personality and character as Tinubu, definitely not worth emulating for personal or collective good but absolute selfish and self-serving intents, then you know the people are on a new low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by haabidah666: 7:46am On Mar 26, 2023
whether you like it or not,that's your next president.
better be ready to japa.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 26, 2023
Morning, afternoon, evening you are always thinking about Tinubu. Dude, this won't change anything. Why not put the same energy into something else. Opening different thread is childish! ☹️

You are laying baseless and unfounded accusations, but when you get arrested and locked up like "Chude the fake news peddler" you start crying corruption. Save your tears, son!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by Obaaderemi2: 7:53am On Mar 26, 2023
Rest jare. Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by EricBloodAxe: 7:56am On Mar 26, 2023
Deification of a drug baron, a chronic election rigger and a data forger. You see the combo of what makes up the yoruba new found god. With time Tinubu will be greater than sango or even oduduwa himself😁

2 Likes

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by frankyychiji(f): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2023
People must learn to differentiate between yorubas and Tinubu Urchinss.
Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by skj1377(m): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2023
While the eastern part of the country will be sad during BAT swearing in ceremony hoping it was their son the southwestern part of the same county will we wearing asho Ebi and celebrating both in same country. I think its high time we call a spade a spade and Regionalise or peacefully separate the major ethnic groups. Let each rule itself happily. Nigerian passport should also indicate tribe and Region. We are not the same in Nigeria God did not creat us as one tribe thinking same way with same cultural and traditional practice.

1 Like

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by LocalStandard1(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2023
skj1377:
While the eastern part of the country will be sad during BAT swearing in ceremony hoping it was their son the southwestern part of the same county will we wearing asho Ebi and celebrating both in same country. I think its high time we call a spade a spade and Regionalise or peacefully separate the major ethnic groups. Let each rule itself happily. Nigerian passport should also indicate tribe and Region. We are not the same in Nigeria God did not creat us as one tribe thinking same way with same cultural and traditional practice.

I think you have a good point, but personally from where I am from that will be a big disadvantage and injurious to us cause I am from the "North". I do not want to share a country or even a region with the core North.

For that I think let the current system continue for the meantime till we too find a bearing. Sorry, nothing's changing for now. grin
Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by StolenMandate: 8:20am On Mar 26, 2023
Tinubu has become your nightmare
Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by Ballmer: 8:24am On Mar 26, 2023
The agony multitude of Igbos goes through knowing Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria can never be overemphasized.

I think Sandra Ezekwusile should have the children debate " Igbo Traumatic Experience Of Tinubu Presidency". The debate will be interesting n it should be televised to exposed the Igbo hate on fellow Nigerians.

The igbos think Tinubu is another MKO they use Nzeribe to sabotage his June 12 mandate, we are waiting for the Igbo that will sabotage Tinubu mandate before out very eyes today.
Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by LocalStandard1(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2023
Ballmer:
The agony multitude of Igbos goes through knowing Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria can never be overemphasized.

I think Sandra Ezekwusile should have the children debate " Igbo Traumatic Experience Of Tinubu Presidency". The debate will be interesting n it should be televised to exposed the Igbo hate on fellow Nigerians.

The igbos think Tinubu is another MKO they use Nzeribe to sabotage his June 12 mandate, we are waiting for the Igbo that will sabotage Tinubu mandate before out very eyes today.

I am not Igbo, so the joke is on you my midget friend.
Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by BentizilL: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2023
frankyychiji:
People must learn to differentiate between yorubas and Tinubu Urchinss.
Almost same thing I was telling my Yoruba friend this morning...
People must learn to differentiate between Igbo and Obi urchins..

1 Like

Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by frankyychiji(f): 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
BentizilL:

Almost same thing I was telling my Yoruba friend this morning...
People must learn to differentiate between Igbo and Obi urchins..
Copycat Oshi.
Re: The Deification Of Asiwaju Tinubu In The South West by haffaze777(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
We dey enjoy your pain and agony

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Happy About The New Ban On Ethnic Slurs / Why Are You People Threading The Same Path As Nnamdi Kanu / EKUKE Wole Soyinka Brought Cultism And Bloodshed To Our Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.