Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? (4911 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Seun(m): 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2011
Good news: a blogger known as UgoDre, an accountant, has been kind enough to calculate the value of a wife:

It's valentine day and the whole city is buzzing. From a male perspective today is a day to show our better half how we truly love them. Most times doing this involves spending huge sums of money on gifts, flowers, dinners etc. For all you know there is indeed a direct relationship between a how you value your wife and how deep your pocket is. Meaning if you value your wife pretty high there is every tendency for you to spend more. But then what truly is the worth of a woman? Forget the cliche of "a woman is worth more than diamond" or "a woman is priceless" blah blah blah. There is gotta be a monetary value attached to it. It's even ironic that our forefathers thought of it this way that they put a bride price on their daughters.

How then do I estimate a woman worth on say a yearly basis? To do this you will have to think like you're from Mars. Hence I will base my estimates on the following questions;

1. How much would you have paid for her to be pregnant for you and get you a baby?
2. How much would you have paid her to raise your children from infant till they are 18?
3. How much would she charge you were to pay her for love making at your beck and call?
4. What is the present value of all the future earnings she will receive as a salary earner?
5. How much will you pay her for cooking for you and keeping your house hold in order?

Are there anymore I'm missing? Guess I'd just stick with these for now!

My estimate reveals an astonishing N32.7m per year!!!! Wanna know how? Here it is;

You can read the full story at http://ugodre..com/2011/02/your-wife-is-worth-n327m-year.html

What do you think?  Is this accurate?  Is it distasteful to try to put a price on love?
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Plutarch: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
Good one. Their worth to me is quite invaluable.

But @op it can go both ways.

Both men n women enjoys s'ex,so i should also be paid 4 d countless round of s'ex(both neat n rough styles)

What about d 'mrs' title.

What about security? When d robbers come calling(God forbid) i must step out to recieve them

I must kill d rats,mice etc.

Win d bread.
I dont know how much all these will cost.

By n large,we r meant to complement each other. Wish this life is just beautiful.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
1. How much would you have paid for her to be pregnant for you and get you a baby?
i will pay her with love, affection, care AKA zero $$$$$ (and an occasional Gucci bag)

2. How much would you have paid her to raise your children from infant till they are 18?
i will pay her with a comfortable home, comfortable life and comfortable lifestyle THAT I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IF SHE RAISES THEM OR NOT! you are making it sound like you dont need MONEY to feed/clothe and raise children?! so far as i know i provide this MONEY so we are equally doing our job and no one should compensate the other.

3. How much would she charge you were to pay her for love making at your beck and call?
you mean charge ME for the se.x that we BOTH enjoy?! aba!!!!!!!!! i guess i have to charge her RENT for living in the house then? or better yet, charge her for changing the bulbs in that house!

4. What is the present value of all the future earnings she will receive as a salary earner?
how can you put a FEE on her future earnings?! bwaaaah! why dont you calculate the EARNING she wont make that I will have to cover with the money I EARNED? or do you think mortgage/car payment will gladly "wait" until she is financially stable again? i think not!!!!! payments will have to be made for the house/car/food/clothing/travel for the WHOLE family, her unemployed self too!

5. How much will you pay her for cooking for you and keeping your house hold in order?
again, i will pay for the food and cleaning ustensils. if she does have a job then we pay someone to do it, if she doesnt then she will have plenty of time to do that FOR FREE!

marriage is a partnership, she has to perform her duties while a man has to perform his. these duties can change BUT nobody is above the other.
but hey, all what a wifey can do, a cheap local maid can do it for practically nothing!
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by N101: 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2011
This makes no logical sense.

A wife won't be the only one benefiting from this "agreement". Unless she's going to be held hostage in her own prison (house) the costs make no sense.

And if these pie-in-the-sky figures make sense, no Okada man or barrow pusher will have a wife.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Outstrip(f): 2:11am On Sep 19, 2011
Unbelievable. I stopped at how much will you pay her to get you a baby. For real??
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by werepeLeri: 7:19am On Sep 19, 2011
Cheap.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Seun(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2011
It's dark humor.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2011
You cant put a price on something thats priceless wink
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by r231(m): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Priceless cheesy
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by blank(f): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2011
lol. Make i run go show all them accountant males in my family.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Andrew3(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

i will pay her with love, affection, care AKA zero $$$$$ (and an occasional Gucci bag)

i will pay her with a comfortable home, comfortable life and comfortable lifestyle THAT I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IF SHE RAISES THEM OR NOT! you are making it sound like you dont need MONEY to feed/clothe and raise children?! so far as i know i provide this MONEY so we are equally doing our job and no one should compensate the other.

you mean charge ME for the se.x that we BOTH enjoy?! aba!!!!!!!!! i guess i have to charge her RENT for living in the house then? or better yet, charge her for changing the bulbs in that house!

how can you put a FEE on her future earnings?! bwaaaah! why dont you calculate the EARNING she wont make that I will have to cover with the money I EARNED? or do you think mortgage/car payment will gladly "wait" until she is financially stable again? i think not!!!!! payments will have to be made for the house/car/food/clothing/travel for the WHOLE family, her unemployed self too!

again, i will pay for the food and cleaning ustensils. if she does have a job then we pay someone to do it, if she doesnt then she will have plenty of time to do that FOR FREE!

marriage is a partnership, she has to perform her duties while a man has to perform his. these duties can change BUT nobody is above the other.
but hey, all what a wifey can do, a cheap local maid can do it for practically nothing!
Am loving this continue grin grin grin
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by MMM2(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
peanut
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2011
I heard somewhere that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys cool smiley
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by sayso: 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
Is this why some communities hike their daughters bride price?This is alter rubbish if I may add.My wife is priceless to me and am the same to her.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by amblors(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2011
am sorry, i don't c the humor.
its just em, what the word? ,
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by wilxz(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2011
How much would she charge you were to pay her for love making at your beck and call?

i got angry at this part. Why do ladies think they are doing us a favour with sex, while its the other way around.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by degubi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2011
Ridiculous!!!! You demean a woman's worth by placing a price tag on her.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by N101: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2011
Seun:

It's dark humor.

amblors:

am sorry, i don't c the humor.
its just em, what the word? ,
@ amblors, I've been trying to find the word too, and it isn't "humour".
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by moshoodn(m): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2011
Really dark humor!

Pay for what?
This is fickle, doesn't sound real!
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by tEsLim(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
Total bullshit article! Crap! How much would she pay me?
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by yusuf2(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2011
This is just jst beyond absurd! D length at which people wld go to test their imaginations amazes me, soon someone wld come here to tell us the exact monetary value of romance, smh.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by claremont(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
The value of a wife in Nigeria--Priceless!
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Teenaba(f): 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2011
Rubbish post cry
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by dabrake(m): 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2011
N101:

@ amblors, I've been trying to find the word too, and it isn't "humour".

then whatz d word? deregulation?
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by itiswell1(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2011
chaircover:

You cant put a price on something thats priceless wink

Thats just it.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by kolinz(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2011
any attempt to determine d monetary worth of a wife, is a deviation from the term marriage to something else. U looked @ a wife as being employed by d husband with annual payment, in which case d wife should be able to terminate her marriage cos she was employed. The value of a wife to her husband is equal to the value of the husband to her and all things are equal.
B4 i forget, dont look @ women as having monetary worths
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by omohlade(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2011
, well, it is only in poverty dat i see ladies beeing turnd to prostitutes and worthless, gys don't get it twisted no amount is worth having a woman under your roof, cool
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
Women really should be the ones that pay for sex.
Seriously that ish is a lot of work for the man undecided
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:56am On Sep 21, 2011
What are you going to say about those with more than 3 wives. Somebody get me my digital calculator.
Re: The Value Of A Wife In Nigeria: N32.7m A Year? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
Why all d men dey rake na . . . haba! Nobody is asking you to drop the cash.

Can't really speak for the writer, but I think he's just trying to make you appreciate your wives more.

Truly, like CC said a woman's worth is PRICELESS, but she is made for what she is being celebrated for. smiley

Man no fit carry belle na. God has ordained it that way. The only problem I see is that the women add the men's responsibility to theirs, e.g working to assist the man.

(1) (Reply)

Ten Things a Husband Should Not Do To His Wife / You Visited Your Sister And Saw Her Husband Doing This To Her, What Would You Do / Who Needs A Female Roommate In Ajah Or Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.