Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice (3739 Views)

Good Evening Everyone Please l Need Faceb00k Account,it's Very Urgent / Our Marriage Communication Problems Is Driving Me Crazy:please Advise / How To Help My Online Gf With Her Family Problems? (2) (3) (4)

Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
l am the first child of my family ,due to some family issues, the age gap between me and my siblings is quiet far, l am 10 yrs older than my immediate brother, and 19 yrs older than our last born,
The major issue now is that since l was born,the major challenge in our family is finance, l have to battle my way through University, after my service in 2021 ,no job,l started a small business that is helping me with minor upkeep,,, now financial challenges keep creeping up here and there, l have to carter for my father mother and siblings, is like everyday the challenges for money keep spranging up,,
l have a wonderful girlfriend l intended getting married to, but with this family challenges l dont even know when l will settle down, seriously my head is full,, first born in this forum how do yo handle this challenges ?

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Kalatium(m): 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
Upon your situation you still dey reason marriage for mind. shocked

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kalatium:
Upon your situation you still dey reason marriage for mind. shocked
my brother even if l become a priest l wont finish this family issues,,,

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by ufotty2001: 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:
l am the first child of my family ,due to some family issues, the age gap between me and my siblings is quiet far, l am 10 yrs older than my immediate brother, and 19 yrs older than our last born,
The major issue now is that since l was born,the major challenge in our family is finance, l have to battle my way through University, after my service in 2021 ,no job,l started a small business that is helping me with minor upkeep,,, now financial challenges keep creeping up here and there, l have to carter for my father mother and siblings, is like everyday the challenges for money keep spranging up,,
l have a wonderful girlfriend l intended getting married to, but with this family challenges l dont even know when l will settle down, seriously my head is full,, first born in this forum how do yo handle this challenges ?
Stop complaining you voted for APC

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
ufotty2001:

l didn't bro,

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Rokiat(f): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
You can help your family but know that you come first, you can only do what you can but you have to look after yourself as well. Else it will take a huge toll on your mental health and well being.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
you have to get your priorities in life...
FIRST take care of your own self at all times. make sure you prioritize your own life over anyone else.
SECOND when your own priorities are met and secured, you can possibly think of helping others.
THIRD if push come to shove, your own life priorities should always be the 1st thing to solve over anything/anyone else's issues.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by DWJOBScom(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
You girl friend must be supportive and must be working if not please let her go o

Family sacrifice is a serious business and you cannot combine young growing family with it

You can give yours 6 years and plan to have aleast 2 of your siblings out of school before you start anything marriage.

I know someone who did that and now she's married - she didn't want to bring family issues to husbandus house and laboured to take care of all her siblings
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Berrityga: 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Learn to balance the two. Your personal aspirations and your family issues.

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
DWJOBScom:
You girl friend must be supportive and must be working if not please let her go o

Family sacrifice is a serious business and you cannot combine young growing family with it

You can give yours 6 years and plan to have aleast 2 of your siblings out of school before you start anything marriage.

I know someone who did that and now she's married - she didn't want to bring family issues to husbandus house and laboured to take care of all her siblings

brother l am 30yrs old,my girlfriend is supportive hard working and intelligent,, good women are not that easy to find,, before 2 of my siblings finishes University l should be almost 40 and what assurance do l have money will be enough to carter for family needs,, l just want to get married and continue supporting in my own little way,l can't do it all honestly.

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:

You don't have a problem
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Tunagee(m): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
My own be say nothing dey marriage oooo, other than stress and emotional challenge of having to tolerate and understand one mumu lady who is after financial opprtunity. We have been there

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by EmiDon11: 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
Rokiat:
You can help your family but know that you come first, you can only do what you can but you have to look after yourself as well. Else it will take a huge toll on your mental health and well being.

omo see yansh ooo grin grin grin

U gather no be lie grin

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Rokiat(f): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
EmiDon11:
omo see yansh ooo grin grin grin

U gather no be lie grin

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Evestar200(f): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Are your siblings handicapped? Can't they work to support themselves?

Is not a must to help Siblings, helping siblings should be done once in a while not constantly. If they are more than 18 years old, they should look for a sales girl or Sales boy work to do to provide for some of their needs.

Sometimes we start what we can't finish

The advice I will give to you is to put yourself first in any decision you are making because if anything happens to you, your family will move on with their lives and dreams.

If you have to give your parents, give them and take care of them but you see all these siblings once you feel for them and start providing for their needs, they will think you have one place you are fetching money from and won't even pity for you with their demands.

And you know most of us have soft spot for our siblings and they usually take advantage of it.

My Siblings are 20 years and above and I always tell them to be productive to themselves and that when there is a need for me to help them, I will help them as for now I only provide the needs of my Mom and sometimes the last born of the house.

I told the rest to take care of themselves.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by EmiDon11: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Rokiat:

i dey pray make i jam this type wey be my mate... grin grin
Aswear na marriage straight... grin grin
Ah no go ever cheat on her....
Nevaaaaaaa!!!
Bcuz;
She has all i want in a woman.
God really blessed u jare...
Golibe n' inwere ya
Golibe n' chukwu enyego gi yaa

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by DWJOBScom(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:
brother l am 30yrs old,my girlfriend is supportive hard working and intelligent,, good women are not that easy to find,, before 2 of my siblings finishes University l should be almost 40 and what assurance do l have money will be enough to carter for family needs,, l just want to get married and continue supporting in my own little way,l can't do it all honestly.

Is your girlfriend working or has a successful endeavour??
It's not easy o
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by EmiDon11: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
On a normal note, first borns are naturally useless...
Them just be like defenders in a football pitch. Them no dey progress...
So op no go too reason am ooo. Na so una dey.

I am lastborn ooo make una no attack me grin grin IF NOT, I GO CRY
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
Evestar200:
Are your siblings handicap? Can't they work to support themselves?

Is not a must to help Siblings, helping siblings should be done once in a while not constantly. If they are more than 18 years old, they should look for a sales girl or Sales boy work to do to provide for some of their needs.

Sometimes we start what we can't finish

The advice I will give to you is to put yourself first in any decision you are making because if anything happens to you, your family will move on with their lives and dreams.

If you have to give your parents, give them and take care of them but you see all these siblings once you feel for them and start providing for their needs, they will think you have one place you are fetching money from and won't even pity for you with their demands.

And you know most of us have soft for our Siblings and they usually take advantage of it.

My Siblings are 20 years and above and I always tell them to be productive to themselves and that when there is a need for me to help them I will help them as for now I only provide the needs of my Mom and sometimes the last born of the house.

I told the rest to take care of themselves.
Thank you very much,my immediate younger brother is working as a sales boy already, 2 of my siblings are are far below 18, our last born is the only girl of the house and she is 11yrs old
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
DWJOBScom:

Is your girlfriend working or has a successful endeavour??
It's not easy o
she is working bro, very Business and goal oriented

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by DWJOBScom(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:
she is working bro, very Business and goal oriented

Pleaae read books on relationship and steady yourselves
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:
■ l have a wonderful girlfriend l intended getting married to, but with this family challenges l dont even know when l will settle down, seriously my head is full,, first born in this forum how do yo handle this challenges ?
1. No matter what you do, do not settle for hypogamy in marriage. If your girlfriend does not already have a job and is herself financially stable as a single individual, do not marry her or else chances are over 83% that it will end in tears for you and you will end up strangling your children and their future with the curse of poverty. undecided

You are still too young to worry yourself about marriage. Focus on getting yourself financially stable and established in your business. I say you should give yourself 20 - 30 years to get that done. Marriage is not going anywhere so take your time. undecided

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by advanceDNA: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:
my brother even if l become a priest l wont finish this family issues,,,

Dájú
Rúnjú pá
Léjú pá
Kálá
Má ręrín
Wúwá íká

If u don gerrit....fogerrit

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by marlow1962(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
Sorry my bro, God4bid poverty.

We go dy alright last last.

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Evestar200(f): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
victooman:
Thank you very much,my immediate younger brother is working as a sales boy already, 2 of my siblings are are far below 18, our last born is the only girl of the house and she is 11yrs old
Then Gather a little money to set up a little business for your Mom if she is not doing anything. From there she can use it to take care of some the family needs and those your younger siblings can also help her with the little business.

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by CaveAdullam: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
This kind of crisis is a disturbing one. It involves the father, mother, and siblings. You must apply wisdom at all times.

Have a round table talk with your siblings. The talk should be about strategic ways to find a business they can manage and make income. Everyone can pull strengths together to establish and manage one. Or a job they can do to assist the family. Give them a particular time to come up with a plan, let's say a period of 1-month maximum. If they are complacent towards the plan let it reflects on the amount of money that flows from you to them. Reduce it. Maintain your ground, with time they will comply. If not, you withdraw and mind your business.

What should concern you about your aged parents is feeding and shelter (this is a serious burden on you, my friend). Just try your best.

Don't do more than your capacity, because if you die tomorrow they will look for a way to survive. Hence, ensure your survival first and from the convenience of your strength you can render help. If you have been spending too much on your relationship, you better limit it. You should be after the survival and growth of your business than marriage. Focus on the most important thing man.

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Evestar200(f): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
EmiDon11:
On a normal note, firstborns are naturally useless...

They just are like defenders on a football pitch.
Them no dey progress...

So op no go-to reason am now.
Na so una dey.

I am the lastborn ooo
make una no attack me grin grin
IF NOT, I GO CRY

Not first born but breadwinners of the family.

I am not the first Born but my Elder sibling has not sent 1% percent of the money I have to send to my mother this year to her.

I send my mom money weekly but the last time my elder one gave my Mom money was in December.

Once a person has little money in the family he/she automatically takes the responsibility of the family unless that person is naturally wicked not to help with some of the responsibilities.
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Rokiat(f): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
EmiDon11:
i dey pray make i jam this type wey be my mate... grin grin

Aswear na marriage straight... grin grin

Ah no go ever cheat on her....

Nevaaaaaaa!!!

Bcuz;

She has all i want in a woman.

God really blessed u jare...

Golibe n' inwere ya

Golibe n' chukwu enyego gi yaa

Smh men lol
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by LUGBE: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
You better give yourself sense, without you they will still survive. When you are in school, are they not surviving. You better plan your future and think of your family. The earlier the better.

Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by victooman: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. No matter what you do, do not settle for hypogamy in marriage. If your girlfriend does not already have a job and is herself financially stable as a single individual, do not marry her or else chances are over 83% that it will end in tears for you and you will end up strangling your children and their future with the curse of poverty. undecided

You are still too young to worry yourself about marriage. Focus on getting yourself financially stable and established in your business. I say you should give yourself 20 - 30 years to get that done. Marriage is not going anywhere so take your time. undecided
lol, do you know how old l will be in 20yrs time? l am not too young my brother,,
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by Tohsynetita1: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
only thing to do is to up your game, if you see that what you are doing isn't enough, try other things. Try new things that could give you money. I mean legit ones
Re: Family Problems Is Weighing Me Down, l Need Advice by labake1(f): 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
ufotty2001:

SMH

They Got Their Wealth From Water Spirit / Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? / Three-word Phrases That Can Enrich Every Relationship

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53