Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? (3733 Views)

Women & Biological Clock, Men & Economical Clock... What's Fair? / What Do U Do If Ur Biological Clock Stops Ticking / If The Biological Clock Was Not A Factor: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Cayon(f): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2008
When does a woman's "biological clock" start ticking?

I have a girlfriend (who just turn 27) who has no children and no mr right (picky with men). All her friends are asking her when is she going to marry and have baby(s). At present she is more of a career lady than a family lady (of course she wants kids). She has a good paying job (150,000.00 per annum) and is up for a promotion next year.(manage a group)

Last night my girlfriend and i were at a party and someone said to her "Now is the time for you to find a husband and have a kid - YOUR BIOLOGICAL CLOCK IS TICKING."

Should she feel worried that her biological clock is ticking

Peace
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by SisiJinx: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2008
Be Specific now, which women are we talking about? Naija women or all other women. . . there is a difference, you know.

All other women - When they feel it's time.

Naija Women - When the men feel it's time.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Gamine(f): 11:39am On Nov 08, 2008
The clock has been ticking since birth
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Cayon(f): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2008
@sisi

Women in general

@Gamine

I understand your logic. but I mean for her to have baby(ies)

Have to go to bed now.

Thanks for the response. kiss kiss
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by MadMax1(f): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2008
Well, they say a woman's biological clock doesn't start ticking until she's 36. But your pal shouldn't determine when she gets married and has kids by other people's opinions or some damn biological clock,should she?
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Cayon(f): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2008
i like your reasoning
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by chika98: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2008
There is nothing like a clock ticking. She is the one who can make that decision as to when she wants to settle down. She won't be the one to marry herself so the right person has to come along for her to commit. She's only 27 and there's still plenty of time.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by SuperPap: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2008
150000 pa - good salary
lmao hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahhaahhaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaahahaa.lol.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

cry
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Cayon(f): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2008
chika98:

There is nothing like a clock ticking. She is the one who can make that decision as to when she wants to settle down. She won't be the one to marry herself so the right person has to come along for her to commit. She's only 27 and there's still plenty of time.
chika: This is very sentimental. i think you wrap it up nice and sweet ((((chika))))

Peace
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2008
chika98:

Plenty of what??

27 is almost too late o!!

don't get me wrong, I agree that if the right guy does not come around, then she can't be blamed for being single. But please, 27 is old for a lady. By 30 they end up in churches and crusades, by 35 they start their careers as wives to Jesus by being ushers in churches. Its worse if the chick aint educated.
Menopause is the expiration date for ladies and I learnt it starts between the ages of 40 - 50.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2008
menopause starts after in the mid 50s.

so how is 27 "too old"

and I doubt Cayon's friend is Nigerian so she has nothing to worry about. No obnoxious people to be on her case. Lucky her.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by diggler(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2008
SuperPap:

150000 pa - good salary
lmao hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahhaahhaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaahahaa.lol.

cry
Local champion like you
I'm sure the sister was talking in dollar terms which is closer to N20m

@Poster
that whole biological clock crap is so early 20th century.

besides she's still got 10 - 15 safe child bearing years left (all things being equal)
beyond that she's straying into complication territory (tho these OBGYN folks ve been upto some amazing stuff l8ly)

Plus adoption is always an option.

Finally, she should focus on getting a guy she'd spend d rest of her life with as opposed to some mandingo that'll knock her up & still be upto no good.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2008
diggler:

Finally, she should focus on getting a guy she'd spend d rest of her life with as opposed to some mandingo that'll knock her up & still be upto no good.

exactly. Infact, if she really wants to be married, this should be on her priority list.

KarmaMod:

menopause starts after in the mid 50s.

so how is 27 "too old"

and I doubt Cayon's friend is Nigerian so she has nothing to worry about. No obnoxious people to be on her case. Lucky her.

Obnoxious!! Puleeeze
Well if she isnt Nigerian then she prolly has her whole life to find a husband, but if she is by any means Nigerian or intends to marry a Nigerian, then my only advice to her will be to "Make hay while the sun shines".
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2008
Yes obnoxious ie parents, extended family, town criers, all those people that cry "its getting late"

yet the same people will NOT be there when he/she turns out to be a monster.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by DavidDylan(m): 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2008
27? when is she planning to marry? 39?
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2008
I wouldnt say obnoxious, it has more to do with culture and environment.

Imagine shes the only daughter of an aged mother. Her mums wish is for her daughter to be happily married and also to have grand kids. The environment also plays a part when you have attended the weddings/child dedication of all your peers and everyone is just waiting on you to get married.

In Naija, a 27 year old girl will not be readily accepted by most Nigerian in-laws o! Infact at that age, it is believed that the girl is desperate.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2008
Okija_juju:

In Naija, a 27 year old girl will not be readily accepted by most Nigerian in-laws o! Infact at that age, it is believed that the girl is desperate.

must be a tribal thing.   

because over 30 is "late" in Yorubaland. Not 27.

Her mums wish is for her daughter to be[b] happily married[/b] and also to have grand kids.

Like they care. As long as it happens, whether it's happily or not, they dont care. No be Nigeria? Abeg.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2008
KarmaMod:

must be a tribal thing.

because over 30 is "late" in Yorubaland. Not 27.

30 is definitely the benchmark. But then what the diffrence between 27 and 30??
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2008
3 years? anywhere in the twenties is still looked upon as "young"

it's when the almighty "3" or "4" is infront of the numbers that the "world" becomes paranoid
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by SuperPap: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2008
Mr Digger can i meet you in the recycle bin?
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2008
KarmaMod:

3 years? anywhere in the twenties is still looked upon as "young"

it's when the almighty "3" or "4" is infront of the numbers that the "world" becomes paranoid

And with good reason you must agree.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2008
4 maybe. 3 not so much unless its like 35 and up and that's ONLY because of the fact that fertility problems like retardation might set it

If early 30s means having the money and stability to finally raise kids so be it. Better than 21 with rugrats everywhere doing "hand to mouth"

Hispanics have kids so early. Havent made their lives better.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2008
It is not so much about the kids as it is about just being married.
I do believe 27 is almost old or rather 27 is like the red maker zone.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2008
Okija_juju:

It is not so much about the kids as it is about just being married.

why does it matter so much?

and you know the very next thing expected is to have kids so its not "just being married"
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by omega25red(m): 1:06am On Nov 09, 2008
biological clock is real the older you get the lesser your chance of conceiving but i say 27 is not old enough to be worrying about that if you are 39 with no prospects then you should worry. Besides single guys would think there is something wrong with you that you dont already have any kids or even divorced( narrow minded ones)
i say if she is stacking them chips (money), she should keep doing that because you cant eat love all that would come later
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by tpia: 1:34am On Nov 09, 2008
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by sillyboy(m): 1:47am On Nov 09, 2008
@ Post.

A woman's clock start to tick @ 13 when that "thing" starts to "itch" shocked
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by lucabrasi(m): 2:42am On Nov 09, 2008
this is not about men or nigerian men, GOD created men and women different and it so happens that when a woman attains a particular age group,something called menopause sets in,its now left for the woman if she wants to get married and have kids,just have kids(bearing in mind there r stigmas atached to that by ethnic minorities definite no no if you r indian/pakistan)or husband and kds, for a girl/woman that is interested in getting married,its better for them to be less picky and unrealistic before its too late, you r not a beyonce or halle berry especially once you are over 22 so why looking for a taye diggs or will smith?
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by KarmaMod(f): 3:21am On Nov 09, 2008
dont know why people are bringing up menopause that happens in mid 50 for a 27 yr old.

Doesnt make any sense

and why should woman not be picky? They should just accept anyone cos of menopause that will come 23 yrs later?

tpia:

she should post in the dating section.

Lmao. NL selection? Na curse be that.
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Cayon(f): 3:53am On Nov 09, 2008
tpia:

she should post in the dating section.
sillyboy:

@ Post.
A woman's clock start to tick @ 13 when that "thing" starts to "itch" shocked

Let me see, where was I before I was rudely interrupted?? Oh yea -

Lucabra, Omega, Madmax, Chika, Okija-juju, Karmamod*, digger et al . . . .  Must admit this was a  nice, civil and education discussion.  However, Karmamod and Okija-juju - y'all remind me of the  presidential debate.  And i am glad the two of you share your opinions without insults. kiss

Peace
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by tpia: 4:32am On Nov 09, 2008
Re: Dating - Kids - Husband - Now Biological Clock Ticking ? by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 09, 2008
abeg leave the girl alone. she's only 27. the only thing she should worry about her single life is making the most of it.
menopause? husband? kids?? she still has time o! the only thing i guess she could do is try to have meaningful relationships. even if the marriage part doesn't work out, at least she'll enjoy the support of te guy for the time being without the shackles of marriage. still, if she no see bobo wey worth am, make she chill joo.

better to be alone than unhappy i always say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Love Older Women / I No Fit Swim 4 Pool Again,a Gal Removed Her Pad Inside Pool 2day / Why Does This Boy Follow Me Around School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.