Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) (1666 Views)

Why Are Only Women Getting Possesed In Crusades / I Feel Sorry For Some Women Getting To Their Mid Thirties Still Single. / Why Are Women Crazy About Tall Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mavanda(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
Meet the couple who opened their 11-year marriage to a divorced father so they could grow emotionally and sexually
Julia Naftulin
Mon, March 27, 2023, 4:00 AM GMT+1
Vinson (left) joined Kim and Dustin's relationship after they opened up their 11-year marriage last year.
Vinson (left) joined Kim and Dustin's relationship after they opened up their 11-year marriage last year.Courtesy of TLC
Kim, 37, and Dustin, 42, have been married for 11 years and opened up their marriage last year.

On TLC's upcoming series "Seeking Brother Husband," they show their relationship with Vinson, who dates Kim but not Dustin.

They said opening their relationship has been challenging, mainly due to others judging their decision.

Kim loves Dustin, her husband, and Vinson, her boyfriend, and that's exactly why she wants to find another partner.

ADVERTISEMENT

A year ago, Kim and Dustin decided to open their marriage, specifically in search of another man. When Kim fell in love with Vinson, who she met through a mutual friend, they, along with her husband, decided to become a family unit. Their grade school-aged children play together, and Dustin and Vinson have become friends. Kim has a sexual relationship with both men.

Their story is featured on TLC's series "Seeking Brother Husband," where married women seek to date and marry men in addition t0 their first husbands. On the show, partners grapple with jealousy, confused and unsupportive family members, and lots of uncomfortable conversations about polyamory.[b][/b]https://www.yahoo.com/news/meet-couple-opened-11-marriage-030000417.html

1 Like

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mavanda(m): 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
Women Just want more power in relationships
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mavanda:
Are women not allowed to have more power in their relationships? undecided
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mavanda(m): 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are women not allowed to have more power in their relationships? undecided
women always have power in relationships they just want more, more and more
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mavanda:
women always have power in relationships they just want more, more and more
Are women only allowed to have a certain measure of power then in their relationships, and no more than that? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are women only allowed to have a certain measure of power then in their relationships, and no more than that? undecided

Are women supposed to have all the power in their relationships?
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■ Are women supposed to have all the power in their relationships?
1. Are women asking to have all power in their relationships or rather wanting more power in their relationships? undecided
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are women asking to have all power in their relationships or rather wanting more power in their relationships? undecided

So when does the quest for more power in the relationship end?
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■ So when does the quest for more power in the relationship end?
1. Why must the quest for more power have an end? Does one stop breathing because one has finally come to realize that one is alive? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
Polyandry
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why must the quest for more power have an end? Does one stop breathing because one has finally come to realize that one is alive? undecided

In other words you ask and I paraphrase, why must men's quest for more power in their relationships have an end? Does a man stop breathing when he finally realizes he is alive?

1 Like

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■In other words you ask and I paraphrase, why must men's quest for more power in their relationships have an end? Does a man stop breathing when he finally realizes he is alive?
1. I am unsure why you ask me these questions since the topic isn't about men but women and their supposed right to power in relationship. Let's not derail! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
some yeye men are learning from goldigging women out there who dont mind being taken care of by wealthy people.
TO EACH THEIR OWN MISERY!
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am sure why you ask me these questions since the topic isn't about men but women and their supposed right to power in relationship. Let's not derail! undecided

Are you scared or worried about where you'll find yourself if you answer the questions truthfully and honestly to yourself?
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■ Are you scared or worried about where you'll find yourself if you answer the questions truthfully and honestly to yourself?
1. You are free to create your own thread with your own special topic. No need to derail this one or turn it into another garbage us vs them thread. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You are free to create your own thread with your own special topic. No need to derail this one or turn it into another garbage us vs them thread. undecided

Is a discussion of the man/woman power dynamic in relationships an attempt to derail a thread on polyamory?
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■ Is a discussion of the man/woman power dynamic in relationships an attempt to derail a thread on polyamory?
1. Yes, it is! undecided
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Yes, it is! undecided

Why then did you attempt to derail the thread, and why are you still derailing it?
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■Why then did you attempt to derail the thread, and why are you still derailing it?
The focus here is on women and their relationships, hence there was no attempt made by my person to derail. If you have nothing to add as far as women's right to power in their relationship, it's OK to move along. undecided
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The focus here is on women and their relationships, hence there was no attempt made by my person to derail. If you have nothing to add as far as women's right to power in their relationship, it's OK to move along. undecided

So when does a discussion about a polyamorous relationship involving one woman and two men become a discussion about just the woman's right to power in their relationship? Is the woman in the relationship alone?

1 Like

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■ So when does a discussion about a polyamorous relationship involving one woman and two men become a discussion about just the woman's right to power in their relationship? Is the woman in the relationship alone?
1. Direct your questions at the Op as I didn't create the thread. I am simply trying to engage is all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Direct your questions at the Op as I didn't create the thread. I am simply trying to engage is all. undecided

The op posted about a woman and a man in a polyamorous relationship. The woman made it very clear that "We've always been an equal-partner relationship. Everything is 50/50. What I can do, he can do, so as I date, Dustin dates as well...", so where and how does your question about women's right to power in a relationship arise from, to the exclusion of men's?
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mordecai:
■The op posted about a woman and a man in a polyamorous relationship. The woman made it very clear that "We've always been an equal-partner relationship. Everything is 50/50. What I can do, he can do, so as I date, Dustin dates as well...", so where and how does your question about women's right to power in a relationship arise from, to the exclusion of men's?
1. Then it seems you missed his follow up statement.
Mavanda:
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Mordecai(m): 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Then it seems you missed his follow up statement.

Thank you for pointing that out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men, just like women, want more power in relationships too.
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by dnawah(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mavanda:
Meet the couple who opened their 11-year marriage to a divorced father so they could grow emotionally and sexually
Julia Naftulin
Mon, March 27, 2023, 4:00 AM GMT+1
Vinson (left) joined Kim and Dustin's relationship after they opened up their 11-year marriage last year.
Vinson (left) joined Kim and Dustin's relationship after they opened up their 11-year marriage last year.Courtesy of TLC
Kim, 37, and Dustin, 42, have been married for 11 years and opened up their marriage last year.

On TLC's upcoming series "Seeking Brother Husband," they show their relationship with Vinson, who dates Kim but not Dustin.

They said opening their relationship has been challenging, mainly due to others judging their decision.

Kim loves Dustin, her husband, and Vinson, her boyfriend, and that's exactly why she wants to find another partner.

ADVERTISEMENT

A year ago, Kim and Dustin decided to open their marriage, specifically in search of another man. When Kim fell in love with Vinson, who she met through a mutual friend, they, along with her husband, decided to become a family unit. Their grade school-aged children play together, and Dustin and Vinson have become friends. Kim has a sexual relationship with both men.

Their story is featured on TLC's series "Seeking Brother Husband," where married women seek to date and marry men in addition t0 their first husbands. On the show, partners grapple with jealousy, confused and unsupportive family members, and lots of uncomfortable conversations about polyamory.[b][/b]https://www.yahoo.com/news/meet-couple-opened-11-marriage-030000417.html
polyandry
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
When you have nothing to worry about, na stupid thoughts go dey enter your head. Na so that one go draw tattoo for eyeball.
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Truthsbitter: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
They are welcome to the club...
The only thing is that most aren't good in taking responsibilities for their actions.. I just hope they woman up to the responsibilities of having two husbands...

And don't bother arguing about who should have more power... You are what you worth at every single moment...
Power goes to who is worth it at each moment.. No be to dey brag about or drag for power.. Just be consistent in taking responsibilities and respecting yourself.

Them think say power na to dey march the other person under feet like a slave.. They will learn!
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Truthsbitter:
■They are welcome to the club... The only thing is that most aren't good in taking responsibilities for their actions.. I just hope they woman up to the responsibilities of having two husbands...
■ And don't bother arguing about who should have more power... You are what you worth at every single moment... Power goes to who is worth it at each moment.. No be to dey brag about or drag for power.. Just be consistent in taking responsibilities and respecting yourself.
■ Them think say power na to dey march the other person under feet like a slave.. They will learn!
1. How did you come about this deduction of yours? undecided

2. Who is worth it, or to the one with the biggest ego and who throws the most tantrums for it? undecided

3. Are you certain because subjugation of females --- matching the other person under feet like slave-- has been the major way at achieving power for most in power but in homes and at society levels in your very Nigeria? undecided
Re: Are Women Getting Married To Two Men Becoming The New Norm (polyamory) by Truthsbitter: 4:33am On Mar 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How did you come about this deduction of yours? undecided

2. Who is worth it, or to the one with the biggest ego and who throws the most tantrums for it? undecided

3. Are you certain because subjugation of females --- matching the other person under feet like slave-- has been the major way at achieving power for most in power but in homes and at society levels in your very Nigeria? undecided

Your number is very obvious... Female gender generally preffered to be defended by someone else, it's almost a natural thing.
Just check your naira land and see.. "yesterday I saw a thread were some women were saying it is good to force a man to marry a woman that got pregnant for her." As if he found an isolated vigina on the floor and fvcked it". When it is both of them who are responsible for the fvcking. And you won't see these women support to force a girl into marriage just because she got pregnant for a man she doesn't like.

This how it goes when women shy away from the consequences of their actions. The woman and society at large chants "you know she is a woman"
If a woman slaps.. (leave her she is a woman)
If she is slapped(don't you know she a woman)
If she steals (don't strip her she is a woman)
If he steals (he deserve what he got)

What I am trying to say is that you don't see men supporting thier wrong actions.. Men chastise themselves for doing wrong infact both men, women and the society at large doesn't spare men when they go wrong (WHICH IS ACTUALLY THE CORRECT THING TO DO)
But women they want to be wrong and say we are women we don't deserve to be treated that way, funny enough many men and the society supports (but thank goodness they are coming aware of the havoc they are creating in the society)

Who told you men have got the biggest ego? It is those that feel entitled every time when there's a battle between the two sexes and every time the battle ensues the ones who mostly are supported by law and society has the biggest ego and uses it manipulatively.

Well you could say men are seen more to commit physical crime against women but that is not the only thing "slavery" and "trampling" entails in this context. The trampling here is the weakening of the rights of one sex by one sided society laws. Women play the law better (act and hide). Men were just being foolish, ignorant and so termed beasts.

Maybe that's why trans are becoming more pronounced, to match the consequences of the law on both sex.

(1) (Reply)

Yes, I Am A Lesbian Who Likes Women That Dress Like Men / I Love My Girlfriend And I Don't Want This Love To End / Will You Marry Someone You Love Or Someone That Loves You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.