Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (22275 Views)

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kobonaire4:

It is

In the event of Nigeria splitting.....the North would lose access to the sea. That is where the problem is.

Most landlocked countries have to pay something to countries where their goods pass through. Then if the country of transit is unstable, that is another issue.

Nigeria is a contraption...I agree with y'all there...but splitting the country causes great complications for many.

You don't have to like the idea of Nigeria. If una wan split the country....you guys know what to do. I am just explaining why oil in the North won't lead to splitting of the country.

And I am not interested in the argument for or against Nigeria's splitting. Just pointing to the fact that the whole argument and the premises it was based on is flawed.

Like I said earlier, your argument is based on 3 assumptions that do not have to hold (i.e there are alternatives and workarounds for them).
1. That the oil has to be exported.
2. That the only medium of export is through the sea.

3. And that the only coast through which aguch export on sea can occur is from the southern coast of Nigeria.

All of these are flawed reasons.

For 1. above, reference back to the recent Kolamni well, it was reported that the product is to be refined for local use and the gas to be used for the generation of electricity. There is no provision or even mention of export.

There are various fields in different places around the world whose output are not sold on the intl market. The whole of your 1st point dosent hold.

2. In instances where export is pursued, there are various models that can be pursued to achieve such and a major one can be through pipelines, as we speak, there have been plans to pipelines to Morocco in far west Africa and another through the Sahara into Niger and Algeria, export via the sea isn't the only of putting hydrocarbons out there. Export through the sea isn't the only way out.

3. I made mention of a pipeline in Cameroon that Tchad has been using to export it's crude, a similar model can be implemented or that same can even be used. Another one can be having barges come inland as far north as Kogi and Benue, get laden by product and then put out to bigger vessels on the Atlantic or better still, lay a pipeline through the lower Niger (pursue the creation of canal, similar to the suez canal) and pipe that crude to vessels in the Atlantic.

Many different models of doing these things can be pursued and will come to fruition. There isn't one and only way of doing it.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

And I am not interested in the argument for or against Nigeria's splitting. Just pointing to the fact that the whole argument and the premises it was based on is flawed.

Like I said earlier, your argument is based on 3 assumptions that do not have to hold (i.e there are alternatives and workarounds for them).

3. And that the only coast through which aguch export on sea can occur is from the southern coast of Nigeria.

For 1. above, reference back to the recent Kolamni well, it was reported that the product is to be refined for local use and the gas to be used for the generation of electricity. There is no provision or even mention of export.

There are various fields in different places around the world whose output are not sold on the intl market. The whole of your 1st point dosent hold.

2. In instances where export is pursued, there are various models that can be pursued to achieve such and a major one can be through pipelines, as we speak, there have been plans to pipelines to Morocco in far west Africa and another through the Sahara into Niger and Algeria, export via the sea isn't the only of putting hydrocarbons out there. Export through the sea isn't the only way out.

3. I made mention of a pipeline in Cameroon that Tchad has been using to export it's crude, a similar model can be implemented or that same can even be used. Another one can be having barges come inland as far north as Kogi and Benue, get laden by product and then put out to bigger vessels on the Atlantic or better still, lay a pipeline through the lower Niger (pursue the creation of canal, similar to the suez canal) and pipe that crude to vessels in the Atlantic.

Many different models of doing these things can be pursued and will come to fruition. There isn't one and only way of doing it.

I am aware of all that, and in case you do not know...countries can charge transit fees for piped crude oil.

Think it does not happen....Chad pays Cameroon transit fees. (Ya think pipelines are running through land for free).

Which is better...North pays transit fees in a divided Nigeria, or doesn't in a united Nigeria?

You don't have to agree with me.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kobonaire4:

I am aware of all that, and in case you do not know...countries can charge transit fees for piped crude oil.

Think it does not happen....Chad pays Cameroon transit fees. (Ya think pipelines are running through land for free).

Which is better...North pays transit fees in a divided Nigeria, or doesn't in a united Nigeria?

You don't have to agree with me.

And like I said, I am not interested in the argument for or against 'one Nigeria', just punching the belief that export has be via the sea and southern Nigerian coast.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

And like I said, I am not interested in the argument for or against 'one Nigeria', just punching the belief that export has be via the sea and southern Nigerian coast.

Yes it will be that way in a united Nigeria, just without the added burden of transit fees.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Yes it will be that way in a united Nigeria, just without the added burden of transit fees.

So, it's 'One Nigeria' by the way? I thought only the backward northerners that don't contribute anything are hell-bent on that?
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

So, it's 'One Nigeria' by the way? I thought only the backward northerners that don't contribute anything are hell-bent on that?

Tribal chat detected.

Conversation terminated from my side.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Tribal chat detected.

Conversation terminated from my side.

Loool. πŸ˜…
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Osoboshi: 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
Wonderful619:

Ebenyi Obi local government in nassarawa....the names keep ringing a bell. Those names have no relationship with Hausa or fulanis.

Who are the owners of that community.
Alago people of the state
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Espelbengz(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
Na this kind people the vex for friends and family members wey the excel..

Raheeqilmaktoom:

And he will have the guts to call someone uneducated or a bigot while he wears them like clothes.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Watcharena: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Niger Delta are the biggest fools in Nigeria.
A state sitting on billions of oil
But is looking like Syria and Afghanistan
Now Dem don use and dump una

Oil money turn a dry desert to a mega city called Dubai
But look at Niger Delta looking like an apocalypse town from hell.
Is it not the same oil that made Dubai
Abi Niger Delta oil na counterfeit
Black man is cursed

blame their governors please not federal governments
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by MasterShifu010(m): 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Forget all the hype, read and research about the prospect of the oil industry, oil is staying for the next 2 to 3 decades and gas for much longer.

I know , but after 2-3 decades , what next ?
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by AnyanwuSilas: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
callmevirus:
Why only in the north?

They want to create a narrative that the North also have oil,

The largest gas reserve in Africa was discovered in Imo State but the government is hiding it from the people and Nigerians

Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by ArewaNorth: 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Niger Delta are the biggest fools in Nigeria.
A state sitting on billions of oil
But is looking like Syria and Afghanistan
Now Dem don use and dump una

Oil money turn a dry desert to a mega city called Dubai
But look at Niger Delta looking like an apocalypse town from hell.
Is it not the same oil that made Dubai
Abi Niger Delta oil na counterfeit
Black man is cursed

Have u ever question the poor leadership in Niger-Delta or you are just jealous of others efforts?

Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Asswipemod: 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Why isn't there oil in the north?

The oil majors of this world have diverse geography, from deserts in Saudi - the leading producer of the product alongside Russia, to semi arid regions to snowy areas and plains. Some of the biggest fields are in the deserts - Saudi and China. Rid yourself of this hatred and as you accuse others - jealousy and envy.

,πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Indeed. You and I know there is no oil in commercial quantity in Northern Nigeria. It's all about politics. Stop caping and be real. It's all about jealousy and envy. If oil was in Northern Nigeria in commercial quantity, it would have become common knowledge since. This shinnenigan was introduced during OBj's tenure and it was found to be a profound hoax. OBJ wasn't going to go along with them so they dropped it. But since Buhari is a Fulani ethnic bigot and represents Northern interest, they have been able to pull this off.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Asswipemod: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Watcharena:
blame their governors please not federal governments

Is there anywhere in his comments where he even as much as mentioned federal government? This is how you guys fail exams.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Asswipemod: 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Bit you just confessed, albeit indirectly, that the oil is not in commercial quantity.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by ProblemChild1: 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
The man will be in history of Nigeria for our unborn children to knw how he destroyed Nigeria kwatakwata
Ahswear down. Buhari really destroyed this kontary Parapata angry
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by olaeffect(m): 1:46am On Mar 29, 2023
updatechange:
When the world is moving into clean energy

Dey play, just dey play.

What is clean energy?
Any energy that relies on battery to store energy is not clean, because the production of batteries have been scientifically proven to be more environmental degrading than fusel fuel.
But the West don't care because unlike fusel fuel, the environmental degrading effect of batteries happenes where it's raw materials are mined than where it is used🚢🚢🚢🚢🚢

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by AnyanwuSilas: 1:55am On Mar 29, 2023
Lovenorth:
Thank God no one can call us leeches now, we are the most blessed in Nigeria, we have food meat and mineral resources grin

Stop adding Middle Belt to your Sharia North
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by AnyanwuSilas: 2:03am On Mar 29, 2023
Ikpaitid:
So the only zone that is a parasite in Nigeria is the SE,the North now has Agriculture, solid minerals and crude oil.

We have 6 regions in Nigeria not 4,

SE is reacher than the entire North combined.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by AnyanwuSilas: 2:19am On Mar 29, 2023
chaloskyx:
Lol congrats to the North jare as for those fools in the SS who they used divide and rule for after the Biafra war i hope you get whats coming for you for betraying your people in the SE

Fool it's Middle Belt not the entire North
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Oddfinder012: 2:42am On Mar 29, 2023
Wonderful619:

Ebenyi Obi local government in nassarawa....the names keep ringing a bell. Those names have no relationship with Hausa or fulanis.

Who are the owners of that community.
I'm also confused.
Ebenyi means fish in Idoma, Obi is also a local government in IDOMA land
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by chaloskyx: 3:09am On Mar 29, 2023
Thanks for the correction but your parents are fools for not training you on how to give constructive criticism without insults, kindly reach out to your extended family members for support and training since they lack good parenting skills
AnyanwuSilas:

Fool it's Middle Belt not the entire North
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by AnyanwuSilas: 3:27am On Mar 29, 2023
chaloskyx:
Thanks for the correction but your parents are fools for not training you on how to give constructive criticism without insults, kindly reach out to your extended family members for support and training since they lack good parenting skills

Glad you realised you were stupid and ignorant, this shows you inherited your stupidity from your foolish and ignorant parents.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:24am On Mar 29, 2023
MasterShifu010:

I know , but after 2-3 decades , what next ?

That is enough time for serious nation's to explore their resources, invest in infrastructure and plan for the future.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:28am On Mar 29, 2023
Asswipemod:

,πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Indeed. You and I know there is no oil in commercial quantity in Northern Nigeria. It's all about politics. Stop caping and be real. It's all about jealousy and envy. If oil was in Northern Nigeria in commercial quantity, it would have become common knowledge since. This shinnenigan was introduced during OBj's tenure and it was found to be a profound hoax. OBJ wasn't going to go along with them so they dropped it. But since Buhari is a Fulani ethnic bigot and represents Northern interest, they have been able to pull this off.

I thought it was a normal human I quoted, turns out to be a professional bigot, a simpleton and hate filled individual, enjoy your mentions.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by plaindealer: 4:38am On Mar 29, 2023
Kobonaire4:

It is

In the event of Nigeria splitting.....the North would lose access to the sea. That is where the problem is.

Most landlocked countries have to pay something to countries where their goods pass through. Then if the country of transit is unstable, that is another issue.

Nigeria is a contraption...I agree with y'all there...but splitting the country causes great complications for many.

You don't have to like the idea of Nigeria. If una wan split the country....you guys know what to do. I am just explaining why oil in the North won't lead to splitting of the country.

Nigeria splitting doesn't mean the North won't have access to the sea or won't have trade pacts, trade relations and agreements with the SW to guarantee the North access to the sea to ship their products and services anywhere in the SW or the rest of the world.

The SW is the North's largest trading partner as we speak so Nigeria splitting won't do a damn thing to the North, negatively.

The North and the SW will continue their friendship and trade relationship as if Nigeria never broke up, I even see open borders and zero Visa requirements for Northerners to enter, trade and live in the SW, but Biafra must face strict border and Visa control.

Splitting doesn't mean anything, except when it comes to hostile neighbors like Biafra.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Asswipemod: 5:10am On Mar 29, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

I thought it was a normal human I quoted, turns out to be a professional bigot, a simpleton and hate filled individual, enjoy your mentions.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†The truth hurts.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Invitationn: 11:57am On Mar 30, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Somewhere plagued with incessant terrorism, banditry, kidnappings and all negative societal vices is a wasteland!
Well Kogi is not that place.
It may interest you BTW, that the South fits the literal definition of a wasteland. A land where you can’t farm or fish. Where the rivers and ponds are contaminated due to spillage. A land where militants controls the creeks. Where expats are kidnapped. You’d agree with me.

Modified: A land where the oxygen is toxic!
You breathe in and breathe out poison. Reflect on that!
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2023
Invitationn:

Well Kogi is not that place.
It may interest you BTW, that the South fits the literal definition of a wasteland. A land where you can’t farm or fish. Where the rivers and ponds are contaminated due to spillage. A land where militants controls the creeks. Where expats are kidnapped. You’d agree with me.

Modified: A land where the oxygen is toxic!
You breathe in and breathe out poison. Reflect on that!

Haha.., dream on.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by Invitationn: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Haha.., dream on.
Godspeed mate!
It’s the truth- you live in a wasteland.
Deal with your reality first.
Re: Buhari Set To Flag-Off Third Oil Field In Northern Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
Invitationn:

Godspeed mate!
It’s the truth- you live in a wasteland.
Deal with your reality first.

Armrest we don’t kill ourselves like chickens and pigs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obi Congratulates Nigerian Art Student, Ahaghotu, On Guinness World Record / Soldier In Sambisa Forest Drops A Rap Freestyle (Video) / Forbes Africa Names Akinwumi A. Adesina African Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.