Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (91469 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by malaria(f): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Na now wey you gather sense . It's late through but still nice .
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland
Nairaland forum shall be great again.
Thank you for this Mr. Seun Osewa.
Please check your mail Sir.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Politics section needs more than 2 active mods

Mynd44 cannot be online everytime to do the cleaning, he got life offline

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheFacelessMan: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Lol. Ode ni e. You think everybody that is against tribalism is Igbo?

Seun, Mynd44, Mukina2.. Rule 2.

Please grin

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
lol imagine throwing your mods under the bus.

I can't imagine working for someone like you. It will be an absolute nightmare tbh.

Myn d44 is still the most balance mods here.
We know you are biased towards the obidients as you push every crap they post on frontpage, including the fake news just to satisfy the mob and appear unbiased because of your tribe.
You even went as far as claiming that tinubu supporters were using bot when we know the people getting all the likes and shares.
I guess the election has shown us the people who were actually using troll farm to inflate figures online.

After all these, none of your mods are yet to call you biased and dragged your ID publicly like this.

Continue o.
Calm down.

Seu.n was sarcastic with that response.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't believe you missed that! 🤣🤣🤣
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by LadiIshola(m): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:

Seun nlfpmod Mynd44

Rule 2

Ozuor(mumu) is an insultive word in Edo dialect
Did you report the quoted message too? Cos he only returned the insult. Dunno why you guys hate to be truthful in your lives!

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ahnie: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
slowpoketinubu:

I M suggesting seun should please re instate sexkillz back as a mod.
He does a better job.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Chible17(f): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nice one. Thank you so much
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Corridon: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
If you've been banned before, subsequent bans may be longer. We are trying to find the right ban dosage that will change your behaviour.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by FemiEmkaMusaFEM(m): 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
You're right
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ganjafama:
Seun, you should have banned yourself when you accepted and aired an anti-igbo advert here on nairaland. I don't care if I'm banned for this but you and your mods are tribal bigots.
Seun and the mods are not tribal bigots.

Guy, it is not easy to maintain a Forum as big as this.

This is a faceless Forum where someone can wake up one day and just decide to insult others and we have many users like that.

Do you think it is easy?

About the ad you were talking about, Seun took it down and even tendered apology.

What else do you guys want?
You may not understand though.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Ofemmanu1: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
OVikkytan49:

Is it until they ban nairaland because of tribal war before you see it as a bad thing.
The tribalism on this forum is just too much.
Do u enjoy it.

Honestly I do enjoy it...

My Padi is Uche, normally I can call him Olori-pelebe to his face but NL gives all the fun.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Kodak9(m): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
ahnie:

I M suggesting seun should please re instate sexkillz back as a mod.
He does a better job.
Because he does what you tell him to do just like mynd44 that banned me for no reason 😒😒

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Dopenigga(m): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland
Finally. Decorum will finally return to this forum
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Fira09(m): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
LadiIshola:

Did you report the quoted message too? Cos he only returned the insult. Dunno why you guys hate to be truthful in your lives!
What do you mean by 'you guys'? huh!

He reported the quoted person, then I also reported him.

Get your facts right and stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by richie240: 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Good one. Also, those spreading fake news and misinformation to massage their ego.

Plus, what are you doing about the fake news on fp, why do you guys push unverified news to fp, misleading the public, and come again to push a debunked news after the damage have been done? 🤷‍♂️
This point u've made is far more important than even d tribal slur.
I trust our ppl, they'll find a way round d tribal slur, but this issue of fake news is the koko.

How will someone just sit in his 2by2 'shade'and compose lies and a lazy mode will just move it straight to fp.
Haha!
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Persephone1:
Calm down.

Seu.n was sarcastic with that response.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't believe you missed that! 🤣🤣🤣
doesn't look sarcastic to me.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
slowpoketinubu:

I don't know why most guys talk bad about Mynd44.

That man does a very good job on this forum.

He is a man I know to have taken this forum like his own personal business.

Mynd44 is really trying. Well done man.

Seun should please look into this issue and find someone to assist him and other SMs.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by LadiIshola(m): 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
IrawoKross:
Before I leave this thread, I will be glad if you do something about Mynd44. For him to disrespect your orders shows he doesn't care and it also shows he is bigger than you. Forget the "Egbon" or "Boss" he calls you.

Do something about him and watch your forum flourish.
Please rest and stop manipulating him abeg. It's disgusting how you've been going about this Mynd44 thing. He steal your money?
WTF!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by LadiIshola(m): 4:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:

What do you mean by 'you guys'? huh!

He reported the quoted person, then I also reported him.

Get your facts right and stop embarrassing yourself.
Keep reporting then, you who isn't embarrassing him/herself....
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by jelel6: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

Seun, you are doing this to save face and heal your conscience after damages has been done already. This is more of a face saving and mind healing post, don't worry, the damages has already been done, remember the consequences must take effects for everything to come back to it's original form, no justice no peace thats the strongest fact.

Before the healing process would take place in the minds of people, this forum and yours, justice must prevail first before healings to take place.

Justice in the sense that, you must consistently tell or post here that election malpractice, violence, voter suppressions, money-induced contests, and falsehood are not good for our great nation.

The mind of people are now damaged by the processes of all the stages of the election and politics, which unfortunately was supported by your teaming forum members, so you must come out from your hideous and senseless shells to be proactive in speaking against or condemning these vices for the proper healing of both your forum and the people.

So, be a voice and stop being deceptive in your ways just to pacify your selfish self.
Bye 👋

Nonsense.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheFacelessMan: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
IrawoKross:
Before I leave this thread, I will be glad if you do something about Mynd44. For him to disrespect your orders shows he doesn't care and it also shows he is bigger than you. Forget the "Egbon" or "Boss" he calls you.

Do something about him and watch your forum flourish.

Seun this guy's past 15 posts have all been about Mynd44.

Shouldn't complaints about Mods be private? Isn't it obvious they want him out at all costs?

Mynd sef suppose do the same thing Ishilove did.

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheBillyonaire: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
The advent of the mandate bandit has exposed tribalism grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27)

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Buhari Meets Service Chiefs At Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.