Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (91094 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
Better abeg. Someone can’t even read past two pages of a thread on the politics section without getting annoyed. So many abusive languages and slurs amongst one another. Made me detest that section.

I once invited a friend to experience the politics forum on this thread and all he could tell me was a lot of overgrown kids exists here and was so toxic. Deactivated the same day he opened an account. Do better, guys.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Lukgaf:
Nice one Ṣeun. We hope you apply this to Islamic section also. The way some elements speak about Islam on our thread is worrisome. Thanks alot
The moderators are not working?

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
LAXconfidential:
@Seun

Good day sir, please special attention should be paid to drug trafficking threads because they're the very root of tribal and ethnic slurs on Nairaland. Trolls like Leodeking and PoloG et. al have made it their life's ambition to source for news about Igbo drug traffickers and post them here with the view of ridiculing the Igbos on nairaland. I'm not Igbo but even I cannot stand the foolishness and hypocrisy.

DRUG TRAFFICKING THREADS SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL ATTENTION.

Cc: Nlfpmod Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique
We will. I'm going there right after this.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
ahnie:
Seun please kindly look into the issues of cloned accounts,and shaming of women online with deterogatory tags slammed on them
This looks like something we really need to address. I assume that ground zero for this problem is the romance section.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
PStacks:
People like you should be totally neutral and apolitical...
I can't pretend to be totally neutral; I can only try my best. The funny thing is that my bias is not in the direction that people think it is.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Omoawoke:
What of monikers with ethnic slurs. For example, a moniker like YorubasBastards , igboPig, why do u allow such monikers?
I think we will ban them permanently. The use of such monikers suggests they joined to break the rules. So we can't allow them to continue.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
sharone21:
Also ban those using derogatory words against women...

Apart from curses and swear words.
We will have to address this.

8 Likes 4 Shares

EmiDon11:
I heard seun mention lalasticlala

Is he still active?
Yes.

9 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Investorozay:
he literally ran an anti Igbo Ad against GRV during the elections, i wonder why after getting what they want, they want to claim sanity. even the weak apology on twitter was met by serious backlash.
don't be deceived, they know what they are doing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
IPOBian is a slur since IPOB is now considered to be a terrorist group. Don't use it please.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by BigBenSocials(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2023
Im buying WhatsApp account
Dm if you are selling
My number is my signature
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Ken4Christ: 6:16pm On May 13, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. Its presence and the presence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Seun, please how do I change my email on my profile? I need help. I am unable to open the present one for years now. Thank you for assisting.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Mabizeka: 4:27am On May 16, 2023
[quote author=Mabizeka post=122126751 [/quote]
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Ken4Christ: 9:56pm On May 16, 2023
Please, Seun, how do I change my email address on my profile Ken4Christ?
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by fuckJones(f): 7:30am On May 22, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.
I support this comment with my two ball

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by fuckJones(f): 7:38am On May 22, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. Its presence and the presence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland
we need a forum for pagans and idol worshippers
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ecolime(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2023
fuckJones:
we need a forum for pagans and idol worshippers
Surrender your life to Jesus christ now because tomorrow might be too late.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by fuckJones(f): 8:24am On May 22, 2023
ecolime:

Surrender your life to Jesus christ now because tomorrow might be too late.
we know christ son of God but who are you?
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ecolime(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2023
fuckJones:
we know christ son of God but who are you?
If you truly know Christ like you claimed, you won't be seeking threads for Pagans and Idol worshippers. Give your life to Jesus Christ. Turn a new leaf and make him your all.

A life without Christ is a life of crises. Christ is ready to accept you back.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by fuckJones(f): 10:29am On May 22, 2023
ecolime:

If you truly know Christ like you claimed, you won't be seeking threads for Pagans and Idol worshippers. Give your life to Jesus Christ. Turn a new leaf and make him your all.

A life without Christ is a life of crises. Christ is ready to accept you back.
are you sure your know christ and christ know you?
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ecolime(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2023
fuckJones:
are you sure your know christ and christ know you?
100%. I know him and he knows me too. He dwells in me.

Please accept this same Jesus today.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by fuckJones(f): 11:42am On May 22, 2023
ecolime:

100%. I know him and he knows me too. He dwells in me.

Please accept this same Jesus today.
obanigogoko know me too, he is part of me, I will not worship white god

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by fuckJones(f): 12:07pm On May 22, 2023
Ken4Christ:
Please, Seun, how do I change my email address on my profile Ken4Christ?
go to court

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.