Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (91832 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by babaalagbo11(m): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Well done seun that's the way forward
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
EverblazingTee:
Seun, please do something about fake news being pushed to the front page lately.
Please give specific examples.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Mabizeka: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Corridon:
But why banning Fahdiga for four months? Is it fair? He was the one who initiated the insult. Why don't you ban both of them equally or are some people more sacred than others? Cc Seun.

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheSameGuy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Whatever rocks you both boats, if you're so COWARD to acknowledged you're also Fahdiga, Malory I'm not.

I'm not scared of being ban.

It'll make me relax and concentrate on my activities off Nairaland
Corridon:
Seun this poster should be bañned permanently for challenging and bullying you to submission. He also said that you are a lilly- liver without balls.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheOgaBoss: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
, i support your idea
which stupid idea? so they can turn this place to a dss hunting ground for people with dissenting opinions, rubbish.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good!
Very laudable.
It had gotten way too much! Bigots inhere be turning Nairaland threads to battle grounds for ethnic warfare.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Chaii! Nairaland no go sweet again. But brother Seun, you for itemize those words na. Because some of us can mistakenly type d word such as......
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheSameGuy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun If you like, let corridon Fahdiga Malory keep tossing you around.

He's still owner of this Mabizeka account
Mabizeka:
Seun I support this guy. Fahdiga should be banned same way as the guy who insulted him. Do justice to this please.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Corridon: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSameGuy:
Whatever rocks you both boats, if you're so COWARD to acknowledged you're also Fahdiga, Malory I'm not.

I'm not scared of being ban.

It'll make me relax and concentrate on my activities off Nairaland
Sharap.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Ademola47(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:

I have been in a place where I find it difficult to employ new people.I'm probably going to overcome it as I become more active on Nairaland.

Please sir, if possible, create a thread to enlighten members on how "Sponsored Post" thread Advert on frontpage works. Like the types of post that can be promoted, Ads rate and how to go about it.

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by labi1977(m): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
So many ppl here will insult seun on his own forum ooo. Y ??

Twitter is almost worse, there they have even accused him of inciting violence. grin

Then they will shout bigot ! Insatiables !

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by grtfem: 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Welcome development.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
EmmaFantastic:
Good!
Very laudable.
It had gotten way too much! Bigots inhere be turning Nairaland threads to battle grounds for ethnic warfare.
thousands of people left nairaland because of the tribal war

I would have even suggested Seun start closing comments on politics related topics on frontpage because the comments are always too vile
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by MissOpe(f): 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
Even though you ban them from commenting, you can't ban the heart from speaking .....

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheFacelessMan: 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
XAUBulls:

Nicely put @Seun.

We also need 2 more moderators that would immediately delete any thread that is ethnically bigoted in nature. These posts tend to be opened after 12 midnight Nigerian time. They should also be given a 10 year ban if these trolls create new threads that incite ethnic violence.

I must commend Mynd44 though for detecting and closing a thread that was created to spread an ethnically inciting and doctored video by a poster here in the politics section in the weeks [February 2023] leading right up to the elections. Mynd closed the thread and warned the guys who were from the Labor party and trolling to desist from spreading FALSEHOOD against Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. The video was doctored to make it seem that Tinubu was against the Northerners in Lagos state back in the day when he was the Governor.

Such insidious posters should get a life ban or a 10-year ban. The only thing is that with free throwaway emails, they have created to register multiple NL accounts and new NL accounts have to be vetted for 48 hours before approval.

Seun should take note.

Mynd44 bans EVERYONE regardless of your ethnic background.

If Seun can ask MODs to show their ban history... he has the best track record by far! Same Mynd44 has banned me more than 10x

It's just an ethnic agenda to remove him and leave their own who allows them to run riot.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSameGuy:
Mynd44 Nlfpmod Dominique mukina2
This guy broke rule 2

Calling someone ozuor
What does Uzuor mean?

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by OVikkytan49: 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

NO.

I disagree.

If NL should enact such, people wouldn't express themselves again.

It's an infringement on freedom of expression.
Is it until they ban nairaland because of tribal war before you see it as a bad thing.
The tribalism on this forum is just too much.
Do u enjoy it.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Flamezreal(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
There's a certain tribe that has this pull him down syndrome. They so much believe in mob action as a way to press their sentiment home. Mynd44 is now their target as a water test for Nairaland. They do mistake cunningness for wisdom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Opening new accounts is just too easy, nothing has changed regarding registering new account since Seun created the site

You open new topics and you see some bst advertising scams, you can't flush them as they can only open new account in 1 minute
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Awesome01(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hello Seun. Where and how can we make reports of members flouting this rule?.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheFacelessMan: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
He was banned for 3 days.

Seun, PLEASE track the ban history of your MODs.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by happney65: 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
BitmapStudios:
Happney65, Seun ti ji kuro ninu orun ese.

cool

Eni ti Ori ree ti buru danu danu. Igbayi ni aro.

Oluya.. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Timiolutomi: 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Taeewo:
Good, and try to grade each member by level that will always display along side their username...

Example

Someone that joined within six months should display newbie

After a year he fit change again

After another year he go change again,this can be achieved through the activeness of each member...

You wan come dey form seniority for Nairaland.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
thesicilian:
You're just waking up now

He just woke after achieving their aim
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by luckyz4rea(m): 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Long overdue! Commendable
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Make the registration tougher and watch the bigots reduce

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
What does Uzuor mean?
Ozuo or ozuor means stupid person.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Corridon:
But why banning Fahdiga for four months? Is it fair? He was the one who initiated the insult. Why don't you ban both of them equally or are some people more sacred than others? Cc Seun.
If you've been banned before, subsequent bans may be longer. We are trying to find the right ban dosage that will change your behaviour.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:

I told him that I have become convinced that he is biased because I asked him to host the GRV AMA which was good for Nairaland, but he refused. I have told him to work on his bias and try to conduct himself in a way that will convince everyone that he's no longer biased.
lol imagine throwing your mods under the bus.

I can't imagine working for someone like you. It will be an absolute nightmare tbh.

Mynd44 is still the most balance mods here.
We know you are biased towards the obidients as you push every crap they post on frontpage, including the fake news just to satisfy the mob and appear unbiased because of your tribe.
You even went as far as claiming that tinubu supporters were using bot when we know the people getting all the likes and shares.
I guess the election has shown us the people who were actually using troll farm to inflate figures online.

After all these, none of your mods are yet to call you biased and dragged your ID publicly like this.

Continue o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by iCauseTrouble: 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Lol. Ode ni e. You think everybody that is against tribalism is Igbo?
TheFacelessMan:

Seun why is it okay for Igbo guys to constantly attack Mynd44?

Is that respect for the MODs? Or contacting them privately.

I have just served a ban for calling out Lalasticlalaa publicly for his evident bigotry.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Corridon: 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSameGuy:
Seun If you like, let corridon Fahdiga Malory keep tossing you around.

He's still owner of this Mabizeka account
I'm the owner of the whole account on nairaland. This drunk, What's that your favorite beer again?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27)

Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / Ganduje Dollar Video Played On Edo Biggest Roundabout Billboard / DSS Arrests Suspended CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.