Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work (35588 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview / Today Is My Last Day Of Work, Wish Me Good Luck. / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by oli360(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
Nigerians are fantastically tunned to scam people. I will say, to a high degree, that scamming runs in their blood!!!
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Owoado(m): 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adebisi0070:

zenith
bank
thank you sir.. Thank you so much, also check your mail sir! God bless you for your kind heart
Sent (ends with 101)

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Elsueno: 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2023
This is how nice people usually go extinct in Nigeria...... Unfortunately criminals easily take advantage of them.....

All these give me cash, I go transfer total later, I no dey do am, transfer First! if I see am drop for account, then I give u
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
kafeii123:

Sorry.... hopefully you'll first learn to maintain business for business henceforth...as for the lowlife who scammed you of 2500 out of the 3500 you have made for the day.... If you keep playing that route...you will still see him again....but when you do...ensure to first him from the back with your bike...before descending on him with punches. He will likely not have the cash
...sha collect his phone...shoes...and maybe even trousers....then go your way.....
I went back to the place I dropped him, I was there for more than 30mins. I couldn't find him nor the little boy! I'm hurt because i'm to balance 2k everyday to the owner
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by xtivin(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adebisi0070:
are you For real?
Na question Guy .... With wetin dey this country you still dey enter this old format... The scammer even try buy meatpie for you cheesy
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
Owoado:
Sent (ends with 101)
Wow! Wow.. Thank you sir, thank you so much sir! You just relief me.. I had to work harder in other to balance yesterday returns.. Thank you sir
You'll never experience a better yesterday! Thank you sir. Thank you
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Owoado(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
Adebisi0070:
Wow! Wow.. Thank you sir, thank you so much sir! You just relief me.. I had to work harder in other to balance yesterday returns.. Thank you sir
You'll never experience a better yesterday! Thank you sir. Thank you
You're welcome Bro
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by swaggss: 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
jumia or konga, same bullshit, they wont reverse the money even after 30 working days, they will always want you to end up using it to shop for another product on their website.

Somebody2020:
Please Nairalanders,
I purchased a pair of shoes from Jumia on the 8th February but I had to cancelled the order the same day when I realized the situation of the country was getting bad. I got a message from them on the 9th confirming the money in my Jumia voucher then I emailed them to help transfer the funds to my bank account. I received an email asking for bank info which I forwarded to them. They asked me to wait for 5 working days for the money to be paid.
After the 5 working days elapsed and the money is not there I went to my bank and I was asked to contact Jumia. I contacted them immediately on livechat and lodge complaint. I was not satisfied with their response on live chat and that prompted me to send another email they acknowledged it and promised to escalated the issue to my bank and promised today being 28th March all issue would be resolved.
I also asked my bank to follow up with that and gave them transaction info Jumia provided.
I went to my bank today but no money.
I chatted with Jumia representative, they asked me to wait again.
This is frustrating... I need my money back.
Please Nairalanders how can I go about this to get my refund.
Thank you guys.
I’ll be waiting for your advices.

Yours,
Somebody

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by okunwaye(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
MamaletASO:
Sour experience.
Sorry about that.. He think he is smart but he will surely pay back big time...
Lick your wounds..and cheer up

fish(c)
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Abiliboi: 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
Once you don decide to enter street to survive in any form, trust nobody no matter the closeness. Most act of benevolence in the str3et na baits and scopes.
Naso one guy lost his 2 months old Toyota bus years back. My guy my guy, because sey them dey smoke ganger together, discuss politics and football together or even share from one sachet of alomo bitters , naso the ruthless guyman ask for him car key to rush buy ganger come back, till thy kingdom come... that's the end! Street is harsh. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nicheey(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

i dont know whats more crazy/funny here...
A) you accepting food from a total stranger, B) you giving this yeye person 2k and letting him run away with it just like that or
C) saying that you lost 2500 while anyone who is good in math understand that 2000 + 200 makes 2200, not 2500

You know if the transport na 500?
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Neverslumber(f): 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2023
Qatar2022:

Are you this stupid? Laughing on someone predicament it maybe your turn tomorrow continue

Are you that mean? Please don't be.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Mandesz(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2023
[ author=Adebisi0070 post=122126643]Good Day N'Ls..
Finally, I fixed the bike I bought last week. Driving my okada today and I was able to raise about 3k!

While riding under the hot sun, I was flagged down by this tall well looking, fair guy.. He told me his location and we agreed for transfer, he's to pay me 200 naira.

While on trans, he told me we should branch an eatery, he needs to get something for himself.

Baba went inside after I packed the bike, came out with 3 meatpile.

All of a sudden, He gave me 1meat-pie! Claiming he loves the way I drive.

We got to our destination, immediately a boy of about 10years+ came to him and whispered something to him, immediately he became uncomfortable.

He asked me to give him 2k cash that he'll transfer it to me with my okada money and that it's a matter of life and death.

I gave this guy and he ran into a compound, though he told me he'll be back in right now.

I'm still there and is more than an hour and bros is no where to be found.

I'm at home now thinking about my loss of 2500, this life sha.. [/quote] don't panic anybody we surely fall for d trick. He took your 2500 but not yo life. Na poverty dey worry the guy.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Warmaterial(m): 12:06am On Mar 30, 2023
Some people na devil, daz y u no suppose to loose guard for street. For street u need to be as wise as serpent and as harmless as a dove...
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by jimcaddy(m): 2:00am On Mar 30, 2023
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. They have run you street. Chai Nigerians.. we are terrible people. So selfish, self centred, greedy. This scamming of a thing is inside our DNA. As long as you open your eyes as a new born baby in Nigeria, you are destined to be a scammer. Honestly we are our own problems.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Minjim: 3:50am On Mar 30, 2023
budaatum:

I think that was the "plus 200". But I did do the maths on the back of a matchbox and might have missed something.

It's all Squared then
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Owologbo(m): 6:28am On Mar 30, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

i dont know whats more crazy/funny here...
A) you accepting food from a total stranger, B) you giving this yeye person 2k and letting him run away with it just like that or
C) saying that you lost 2500 while anyone who is good in math understand that 2000 + 200 makes 2200, not 2500

What about his tfair?
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by delishpot: 10:24am On Mar 30, 2023
Tomorrow they say people don't help those in need.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by delishpot: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2023
adecz:

You dey fear to enter the
compound❓❓ 😶😶😶

Make he carry you go there so you go enter for am as a brother online? grin grin

Abiliboi:
Once you don decide to enter street to survive in any form, trust nobody no matter the closeness. Most act of benevolence in the str3et na baits and scopes.
Naso one guy lost his 2 months old Toyota bus years back. My guy my guy, because sey them dey smoke ganger together, discuss politics and football together or even share from one sachet of alomo bitters , naso the ruthless guyman ask for him car key to rush buy ganger come back, till thy kingdom come... that's the end! Street is harsh. grin

Na because them dey encourage men to support men na. Him believe all that crap about bros before hoe's thinking all guymen support each other.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by luluosas(m): 10:32am On Mar 30, 2023
What a wicked world we lived in!
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by delishpot: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2023
codhed:
Next time, all you have to do as a sensible person to diversify the situation is ask him if you can follow him to where as in the location he needs the 2k5 yourself just as a means of helping out you’d even offer out to use your bike to carry him and help him through out ..let’s see the expression after that smiley
Dialogues of Q and A will start between the both of you and that’s when you're supposed to be feeling suspicious already

So if he says yes you would follow him?
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
Some people are just helplessly a waste to the society. I won't be surprised to know he voted for tinubu. I won't be. Ordinary 2k he could work and earn more.
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Qatar2022: 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Neverslumber:

Are you that mean? Please don't be.
Don't laugh and mock anyone during their trying time
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by MyExpression(m): 11:31am On Mar 31, 2023
budaatum:

Of course na "wetin you charge them give you". But let us confirm, shall we, that what dem give you was what dem charge you.

Chicken man. No be wetin barbecue man charge you barbecue man give you?

79 chicken given for 100 charged, if I'm not incorrect, which sounds like no gain to me. Plus reputational loss on top.

Yep. Very good subcontract indeed.

You're incorrect na.

He charged the guy for 100 chicken.
Collected money for 100 chicken.
Delivered 79 OK.
Returned 17, not cooked,money not returned.
Still kept back 6pcs for himself.

How is that justifiable?!
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by budaatum: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2023
MyExpression:

You're incorrect na.

He charged the guy for 100 chicken.
Collected money for 100 chicken.
Delivered 79 OK.
Returned 17, not cooked,money not returned.
Still kept back 6pcs for himself.

How is that justifiable?!

Guy assumed "6pcs for himself" was part of the unwritten contract, a stupid norm in corrupt Nigeria.

And it is not justifiable, so no one is justifying it.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by damosade(m): 6:37am On Apr 01, 2023
The guy no buy purewater for you?
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by Ombudsman1: 7:29am On Apr 01, 2023
YOU AND OGA SABINUS NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL
Re: I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work by adam4success(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2023
Hello sir.please I need job
TeginsLTD:
Bro, sorry for your loss! PM with your acc details..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. / Man Shares The Strict Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Once Applied For / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.