Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,693 members, 7,955,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks (15740 Views)

Hardship: NLC, TUC Issue 14-day Nationwide Strike Notice To FG / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Bigchristo: 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREADS:
https://www.nairaland.com/7623391/nlc-declares-nationwide-strike-wednesday#121978033

https://www.nairaland.com/7630424/emefiele-begs-nlc-shelve-protest#122109080
You see why Nigeria will never get better if these sets of people don’t leave government? The NLC n TUC Chair persons are really weak n corrupt , the country has been suffering fuel scarcity n price hike for months now also cash shortages they didn’t do anything, I missed the days when Oshiomole was NLC chairman he will grind the country down for week’s federal government will be begging for dialogue n do the needful, after Oshiomole left that position the rest of them just collect bribe n forget the entire nation even if we are suffering it doesn’t concern them,,,Nigeria government placed a sufferry n smiling system for the citizens to follow go to ATM queue go to fuel station queue go to NIN office queue go to immigration office queue go to fast food sef for Naija you go still queue to buy food even heard from someone that people burying their loved ones will still queue with corps before they can allow them in to bury their loved ones so waiting come Dey really function well for this country gan gan? No light no good road bad economy no cash poor salary structure and insecurity n heavy corruption bag of rice is more expensive than minimum wage even if you vote they will still manipulate the results to favor their preferred candidate and the will of the people can’t prevail via ballots pappers,… Nigerians really need to think twice and stop allowing themselves to be instigated by politicians to fight each other with tribe and religious sentiments when on a long run we all suffer the consequences of bad government, when there’s cash shortages they didn’t say because you are APC or LP and PDP let us give you cash no we all suffer it when we are buying expensive fuel they didn’t give you free or cheap slots to buy cheap fuel because you belong to a certain tribe or political party but on a long run when your tribal person want to run for an office they will play religious and tribal cards to make you hate your fellow citizens just to get your vote but meanwhile it’s not adding value to yourself as a person but think really deep if we elect a viable candidate that can work for everybody regardless of his tribe or religion don’t you think you will enjoy a country that creates an enabling environment for we Nigerians to strive and have a better life? Just take a look at countries working well today they didn’t use religious ideas to build it they used an intellectual leadership and system that works for everyone being any tribe or religion but here in Nigeria they will keep deceiving us until we think out of the box to fix this country it begins with out individuals mindset to follow the right path, putting national interests first for the country to work for all of us not only our own tribe and religion if we truly want to be one Nigeria
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by canalily(m): 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Apart from my political bias, I love and admire Mr. Emefiele's commitment to a cashless economy.

It will benefit Nigeria in the long run. Let's cooperate for the sake of our future.

A cashless society will check embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds. It will reduce terrorism financing drastically. Embezzlement would still go on through transfer

Focus should be on improving e-banking infrastructure and enlightening computer illiterates on the need to evolve.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by yusufmurry: 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
otuomasirichi:
I agree with you on fuel scarcity and electricity hike, but when it comes to money 💰 we have it bountiful in my State. Just walk inside your bank and request for any amount of money 💰 you want ✍️

Which state is that and his far is the queue?

Although , I am interested in having it at ATM as usual
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Daniluv1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Apart from my political bias, I love and admire Mr. Emefiele's commitment to a cashless economy.

It will benefit Nigeria in the long run. Let's cooperate for the sake of our future.

A cashless society will check embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds. It will reduce terrorism financing drastically.

Focus should be on improving e-banking infrastructure and enlightening computer illiterates on the need to evolve.

And how many years do you think it will take Nigeria to achieve that?
Let them work on that firstly they can then go fully cashless when the network system is fully functional.
Seems you really don't know what the poor masses are facing out there

Stop thinking from your anus
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by donprinyo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
Toothless organization
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by stasius: 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
No balls.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by chijike(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

A cashless society will check embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds. It will reduce terrorism financing drastically.

You are correct. I hope they are trying to avoid taking us back to the old Normal.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by geoworldedu: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

Kidnapping is the effect of a cause.

In the 90s and Early 2000s when e-banking infrastructure were not developed, what we had were highway robbers. It was why Bakassi boys were formed because traders were victims.

As people started travelling without cash, the crime evolved to kidnapping on highways. It was more like, "since they don't have cash with them, let's steal them so that their families and business partners bring cash to us".

When banks are short of cash, the crime of kidnapping will be less productive and gradually fade away.

Regarding misappropriation, with time it will be difficult to withdraw 200k over the counter.
So with cashless policy, when someone is being kidnapped and ransom is being asked for in big millions and the families couldn't bring it, what do you tthink the kidnAppers will do to the kidnapped? When SARS are extorting money from people asking them to go to atm machine with them to withdraw all their cash, were the SARS people arrested? This is a country where bad people go Scot free because theyof have backings. Kidnappers will also do cashless with the backing of big men in the society and They will go Scot free. Don't believe any policy by Nigerian politicians. Corruption won't make them work. Remember NIN and BVN and SIM card registration. Where are we today?
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by ahamonyeka(m): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
Toothless dogs
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Dada4me: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
The only union with balls is ASUU.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by CrudeSon: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
But forget,this cashless reduced banditry and kidnapping news well
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Ken4Christ: 12:45am On Mar 29, 2023
otuomasirichi:
The strike should be suspended for now because CBN had already complied to the agreement 🤝
I went to GTbank last week Friday, i was asked to write ✍️ any amount i want, I taught they were joking, I requested for 500,000.00 thousand naira, to my greatest surprise' it was given to me 🤸💃👍

They did the same in PH that same weekend but those who went today said there is a very low limit. I am yet to confirm the limit. I think it's just to make Labour to change their minds on their planned protest and it worked.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by DaddyCash: 3:57am On Mar 29, 2023
POS Operators have now adjusted their charges to 1k charge per N10,000 in Benin City.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Enemyofpeace: 7:41am On Mar 29, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew. Trust NLC at your own risk
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2023
May God deliver us from all this problem.
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by philipobiz: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2023
otuomasirichi:
The strike should be suspended for now because CBN had already complied to the agreement 🤝
I went to GTbank last week Friday, i was asked to write ✍️ any amount i want, I taught they were joking, I requested for 500,000.00 thousand naira, to my greatest surprise' it was given to me 🤸💃👍
Is your gtbank different from mine? Was not allowed more than 40k
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by edoairways: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
geoworldedu:

A cashless policy in a corrupt Nigeria will not check embezzlement and misappropriation of public fund because before now, banks are asked to report any withdrawal more than 500k to cbn. Yet with that people still withdraw and make use of public funds for selfish interest without anyone getting arrested. As for kidnapping, it will not stop. Only that people kidnapped will be killed more if the kidnappers don't get as much money as they want.
But their identity can be traced
Re: NLC, TUC Shift Strike Notice By 2 Weeks by geoworldedu: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
edoairways:

But their identity can be traced
Traced to where? Funny thing is these kidnappers are working with police and top government officials. They will never get caught even if they have known identities. Governors and even some cabals in the federal government own these kidnap businesses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Use NIN For Verification As It Begins Sale Of 50kg Rice At ₦‎40,000 / Ramadan: Book Haram Planning Bombing – Army / RTEAN President, Musa Muhammed, Backs APC, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.