Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Fifty-fifty Relationships Never Work. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Fifty-fifty Relationships Never Work. (402 Views)

Dj Cuppy. Why Her Relationships Will Never Work And What She Needs / Why My Relationships Never Last - Diary Of A Nigerian Lady / I Am Scared I Will Be Alone As My Relationships Never Last! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Fifty-fifty Relationships Never Work. by Fotobonny: 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Like the vast majority, you might feel that an ideal relationship is one where each partner takes on their portion of the work and the advantages as a 50/50 suggestion.

For a long partnership, you may think that couples need to compromise in a relationship so that everything is "equitable" for every person.

One of the most important lessons I’ve learned about relationships of all kinds, both romantic ones in particular, is that they are rarely 50/50. This applies whether it's 50/50 money-sharing, domestic labor, or emotional labor.

When couples are asked "What percentage of the work do you do in your relationship?" their response is rarely 50 percent.

Therefore, in that sense, it cannot be "fair."

You maintain that your relationship should be fair since you would rather not feel objectified or tok advantage of. You would rather not surrender excessively. All things considered, you get into a relationship to have a fair partnership. In any event, you ask yourself, "What am I going to give up to get what I need?"

It is here that compromise in a relationship can become a problem. You are two individuals who have different emotions, thoughts, opinions and points of view.

If you think you should compromise and expect your partner to compromise the same amount, but they don't think that you or they should have, resentment can soon build and rot.

In the event that you characterize your relationship as far as decency and equity, your partnership before long transforms into a challenge with scorekeeping as fundamentally important.

Regardless of whether you win, you lose. You lose closeness in your relationship, you lose the capacity to astound and amuse the one you love, and generally you lose the climate of regard. All things considered, you ought to give a valiant effort to comprehend and uphold your accomplice's fantasies. Dream with your accomplice, truth be told. Read More
Please give this post a like on vocal
Re: Why Fifty-fifty Relationships Never Work. by helinues: 6:03am On Mar 29, 2023
Wrong perception.

No best relationship like 50/50.

Consideration is what makes relationship work as we are not perfect. A guy or lady who is ready to be share 50% of consideration is fair enough to be with
Re: Why Fifty-fifty Relationships Never Work. by Fahvvy: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2023
I don't believe in 50:50 relationship, it's utterly useless undecided...

Every relationship that ever worked, worked because both partners gave their best, in other words a 100:100 relationship undecided...

All this halfhearted attitude towards seemingly "serious" relationship is what has led us to this point undecided...

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Se.un & Mynd.44 Fights Dirty In Market Over Domini.que / How Possible Is This / How You Can Use This Fuel Subsidy Wahala To Get Girls In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.