Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! (4639 Views)

Meet Nonye Soludo, The Next Anambra First Lady / Obiano Is An Igala Man From Ibaji LGA, Kogi State / Key Areas Lagos New Governor Must Look Into - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Why don't you contest for the next Anambra Election, or ask your father to contest.

I will vote for you.

Genocidal perpetrators like you
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Quality20:
Igala or idoma
Governor and deputy

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by jimyjames(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

Anambra State is not homogeneous.

Igala is a major group there

We have the Oba of Awka
Just like ijaws are majority in ondo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kewtt: 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
Enough is enough of handouts for the igala people who are indigenous Anambrarians

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Mercury12(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Hahahaha😂
Nairaland headquarter of vawulence.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Gavinleah(f): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

We have the Oba of Awka

Bring your candidate, contest and win then become governor.

Has any Anambra man told igala not to vote in Anambra, is only in Lagos that happens
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by AyakaDunukofia: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:
As a Igala tribe in an Igbo dominated state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

This MUST be addressed. This is actually an act of genocide

Every three, four years, you'll come out here to spew trash. I know that there's official state news broadcast in Igala language in Anambra state. Despite that native Igala speakers are about 1.5% of Anambra population. This is a privilege native Igbo communities of Kogi don't enjoy. Nor native Igbo communities of Benue state numbering over three hundred villages.

Discuss your grievances with your kinsman Dr Chukwuemeka Omaremi of the Labour Party. Or equally your traditional ruler Igwe Alokwu. You can also discuss with Chief Emmanuel Aniwetalu of Nzam. I am sure they will be suprise with your baseless accusation. And your ever penchant to whip up useless emotions.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

Genocidal perpetrators like you

Okay.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

We have the Oba of Awka

I feel bad for not being able to figure out that you are just trolling.

I'm out of here.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Ikechukwutech: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2023
Nice observations by the op. Equity is sacrosanct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Ikechukwutech: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2023
SenatePresdo:

I feel bad for not being able to figure out that you are just trolling.

I'm out of here.
He raised valid points. Counter them and stop drooling

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by SenatePresdo(m): 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ikechukwutech:

He raised valid points. Counter them and stop drooling

I don't counter lies, you can counter them if you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by asaajuomo1(m): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2023
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Ikechukwutech: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by GeneralPula: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
Lol..

I support this..

Say No to Igala Marginalization in Anambra..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by OfoIgbo: 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:
Igala people occupy Nzam, Inoma, Owelle, Ukwala, Ala, Odomagwu, Udi, Igbokenyi, Igbedor, Onugwa and Odegbe in Anambra state but they have never been governor, deputy governor, commissioner or anything in Anambra’s political space.

It's time to correct the wrongs of the governmental composition of the Anambra State... The igala man and woman are bonafide indigenous people of Anambra State and deserve the chance to partake in governance in Anambra State.

The unhealthy and unethical marginalisation must stop 🛑

IGALA:THE PLIGHT OF IGALA PEOPLE IN ANAMBRA STATE BY VICTOR O EKELE.

lgala is an ethnic group In Nigeria with over ten million population as of now. The home of the Igala people is situated east of the river Niger and Benue confluence and astride the Niger.

The Igala people shares boundaries with the Igbo's(ibo) people at the south, Idoma at the east, Benis people at the west and Ebira people at the north.

The Igala people are found in Kogi state with 55 percent of kogi state population and also found in Anambra state, Enugu state, Edo state and Delta state.

The Igala people which are found in the Anambra west are mostly Mmiata Anam, Umuoba-Abegbu Anam, Umuenwelum Anam, Oroma-Etiti,Umueze Anam, Umudora Anam, Umuikwu Anam, Inoma-Akator, Nzam, Igbedor and Iyiora Anam all from the family of Ogbe the descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin(Idah is traditional headquarters of Igala kingdom) Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida.

The family of ogbe and other Anambra west villages. Anam, Anako, and Akpanam people have recently neglected their real tribe Igala which was the language they were speaking originally as their mother tongue before the Nigeria civil war.

As a Igala tribe in an Igbo state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

Igala people in Anambra west are making a lot of mistakes now because some of them are giving Igbo's names to their children rather than Igala names. They know that they are Igala people but the Anambra west generations of youths does not really knows who there are rather they thinks they are igbo because most of them bears Igbo names.

The history of Nzam are traces back to descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin who came to the town. Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida. He was the first settler of the present place Ogbe area of Anambra west.

In my interview with a man called chinedu Idoko an indigene of the land. I asked him about himself and his tribes and also his names.
This was his replies, "my names is chinedu Idoko, I am an Igala man, but I bears igbo names while my father names Idoko Atama an Igala names. I was given the names after the Nigeria civil war in in 1971."

Speaking further to chinedu:
Why are you people in this Generation doesn't want to give Igala names to your children again? "I don't know maybe it is because we are living in Anambra an Igbo state. But we still speak our Igala language as our mother tongue".

Most youths in Anambra who are bearing Igbo names and some times are not living in Anambra west will thinks that there are igbos not knowing there are Igala people.
Their land has lack development and government neglection. The only roads that links their town is not something we might talks about because it is not good.

They are the least undeveloped area in Anambra state lacking many facilities after my research.

Nzam people must know their origin and try to preserve their origins before it dies off.

An advice to Ogbe family of Anambra west. Stop given your children Igbo names and teach your children how to speak Igala.

Do you know that the king of Nzam originally was called Ide of Nzam. Which means the Guardian of Nzam people. Ide means Guardian in igala not igwe now they are calling them.
This article was written by Victor O Ekele in 2016 for united Igala Nation

No Umu Nri person has ever been a governor in Anambra also.

This issue has to be addressed. I am not pleased that this fact was not highlighted in your trash above
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2023
Seems you are mad.

Igbos comprise 99.5% of Anambra State and you are talking rubbish. We can add your tiny portion to Kogi State (I think they said half-a-village at the tip of Anambra North) by Constitutional amendment if you want.

See these mumu people that can never challenge muslims, perpetually ruled by them unchallenged.

It's high time we start flogging all of you. Rubbish post. God punish you & Bless/make saint of me and 4000 other Igbo men.

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Ikechukwutech: 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
NigerianAngelo:
Seems you are mad.

Igbos comprise 99.5% of Anambra State and you are talking rubbish. We can add your tiny portion to Kogi State (I think they said half-a-village at the tip of Anambra North) by Constitutional amendment if you want.

See these mumu people that can never challenge muslims, perpetually ruled by them unchallenged.

It's high time we start flogging all of you. Rubbish post. God punish you & Bless/make saint of me and 4000 other Igbo men.

Genocidal traits. Igala men and women are a substantial portion of Anambra State population
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Kodak9(m): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
dinachi:

Stop sounding uneducated. Where is the genocide against Igalas anywhere? A highly intolerant people. If not for God, Only Igala rule Kogi State. They ignore Kogi Central dominated by the Egbiras and Kogi West dominated by the Okun. But today, there is serious agitation for power to shift to Kogi West.

Very barbaric and backward people. I mean Igala people. Go to their region, juju and very outdated people everywhere!

Mention any notable Igala Man in the whole Nigeria. Ayingba is a very local place, LOKOJA is a little more than one street city. One flyover in the whole state. A very very backward people full of themselves.
guy Dem tire me
If you want to go to Abuja through lokoja the smell that will welcome is so pungent and bad, like fermented cassava
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Ikechukwutech: 7:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
God bless you all that have spoken against the injustice in Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by dinachi(m): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kodak9:
guy Dem tire me
If you want to go to Abuja through lokoja the smell that will welcome is so pungent and bad, like fermented cassava
Even in that Kogi State, Igala people are so backward that you begin to wonder. Very proud, very poor and empty people. Smelly everywhere. Infact, I know that the Egbiras and Okun are tired of them.

Imagine an Igala Man coming and accusing Anambra people. Just imagine. Oh. If we hand over Anambra State to you can you do anything there? You want to return Anambra to your backward state of Kogi.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Chindozy: 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:
Igala people occupy Nzam, Inoma, Owelle, Ukwala, Ala, Odomagwu, Udi, Igbokenyi, Igbedor, Onugwa and Odegbe in Anambra state but they have never been governor, deputy governor, commissioner or anything in Anambra’s political space.

It's time to correct the wrongs of the governmental composition of the Anambra State... The igala man and woman are bonafide indigenous people of Anambra State and deserve the chance to partake in governance in Anambra State

The unhealthy and unethical marginalisation must stop 🛑

IGALA:THE PLIGHT OF IGALA PEOPLE IN ANAMBRA STATE BY VICTOR O EKELE.

lgala is an ethnic group In Nigeria with over ten million population as of now. The home of the Igala people is situated east of the river Niger and Benue confluence and astride the Niger.

The Igala people shares boundaries with the Igbo's(ibo) people at the south, Idoma at the east, Benis people at the west and Ebira people at the north.

The Igala people are found in Kogi state with 55 percent of kogi state population and also found in Anambra state, Enugu state, Edo state and Delta state.

The Igala people which are found in the Anambra west are mostly Mmiata Anam, Umuoba-Abegbu Anam, Umuenwelum Anam, Oroma-Etiti,Umueze Anam, Umudora Anam, Umuikwu Anam, Inoma-Akator, Nzam, Igbedor and Iyiora Anam all from the family of Ogbe the descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin(Idah is traditional headquarters of Igala kingdom) Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida.

The family of ogbe and other Anambra west villages. Anam, Anako, and Akpanam people have recently neglected their real tribe Igala which was the language they were speaking originally as their mother tongue before the Nigeria civil war.

As a Igala tribe in an Igbo state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has made it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) language through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young ones to speak Igala.

Igala people in Anambra west are making a lot of mistakes now because some of them are giving Igbo's names to their children rather than Igala names. They know that they are Igala people but the Anambra west generations of youths does not really knows who there are rather they thinks they are igbo because most of them bears Igbo names.

The history of Nzam are traces back to descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin who came to the town. Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida. He was the first settler of the present place Ogbe area of Anambra west.

In my interview with a man called chinedu Idoko an indigene of the land. I asked him about himself and his tribes and also his names.
This was his replies, "my names is chinedu Idoko, I am an Igala man, but I bears igbo names while my father names Idoko Atama an Igala names. I was given the names after the Nigeria civil war in in 1971."

Speaking further to chinedu:
Why are you people in this Generation doesn't want to give Igala names to your children again? "I don't know maybe it is because we are living in Anambra an Igbo state. But we still speak our Igala language as our mother tongue".

Most youths in Anambra who are bearing Igbo names and some times are not living in Anambra west will thinks that there are igbos not knowing there are Igala people.
Their land has lack development and government neglection. The only roads that links their town is not something we might talks about because it is not good.

They are the least undeveloped area in Anambra state lacking many facilities after my research.

Nzam people must know their origin and try to preserve their origins before it dies off.

An advice to Ogbe family of Anambra west. Stop given your children Igbo names and teach your children how to speak Igala.

Do you know that the king of Nzam originally was called Ide of Nzam. Which means the Guardian of Nzam people. Ide means Guardian in igala not igwe now they are calling them.
This article was written by Victor O Ekele in 2016 for united Igala Nation

Why not if they have the numbers. Nobody is gonna hunt them down due to their political preferences. That’s democracy.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Goodday90(m): 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2023
Written by an igala person from kogi Ekele
I follow those people from Anambra west on Facebook and if you see how they tackled igalas from kogi when they try to count them as igala

And to me it makes no sense,these people are pure Igbo,with Igbo names and Igbo village names,nothing igala about them
Kogi igala are grasping on straws

2 Likes

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by juman(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
But some haters of obiano always called him Igala.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by juman(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2023
Goodday90:
Written by an igala person from kogi Ekele
I follow those people from Anambra west on Facebook and if you see how they tackled igalas from kogi when they try to count them as igala

And to me it makes no sense,these people are pure Igbo,with Igbo names and Igbo village names,nothing igala about them
Kogi igala are grasping on straws

Why are they denying their origin?
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by onumadu: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mischievous post.
Since the creation of Anambra state (both old and new) an Nnewi person has never been elected governor except the three months Virgy Etiaba interregnum.
Imagine a whole Nnewi people that are the heartbeat of Anambra, and yet they somehow get sidelined for governorship positions in Anambra state.
And they don't complain, at least not yet.
Even Nnewi roads are being ignored despite the fact that Nnewi generates billions of Naira for Anambra state coffers, while roads in Igala part of Anambra state has been getting government attention from Peter Obi's government to Obiano and now to Soludo.
You people creating this type of post should fear God, but I support that the OP is likely from South west.

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by udede(m): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

How can you call a whole tribe that makes up to 40% of Anambra State bunch of.... That's very unfair
continue fooling your self. 40% and i have never met any igala man.

Go mobilize your people to contest the governorship election,40% of the population of Anambra state is more than 2million . You can win any election in anambra if you are sure of what you are saying.
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Goodday90(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
juman:

Why are they denying their origin?
because they are not,they happen to be bilingual which is normal with every groups that live in boundaries and igala are using that opportunity to try to take them for themselves,these people communicate mostly with Igbo language and bear mostly Igbo names
They are not igalas,simple

1 Like

Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Blake755: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kewtt:

We will. The UN would be notified duly. Igala language must be taught in Anambra State schools by fire by force ...
I hate injustice in any form
Is there language different from normal igbo
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by Nzogbu2012: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
I know says all these Bemue people have lost their identity.....bevsue they don't know.where to.belong....they kept on licking the ass of Yiibo people....and no place for them.in either the northern or eastern side of the. Country....now, they want to become the governor of Anambra state...now, ask them.on which threshold....who will support you...when those you could have been fighting against have kept on using you to. make their Biafra voice known...
Igala or. whatever people. you, call yourself ..leep lo king Yiibo people ass in Anambra state till you get sense.....
Re: Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! by TheChameleon: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
We don't want a history lesson.

We need Igalas to lead Anambra and it will happen.

Those who ruled the state previously left it a shiithole. ONLY Obiano tried a bit angry angry

onumadu:
Mischievous post.
Since the creation of Anambra state (both old and new) an Nnewi person has never been elected governor except the three months Virgy Etiaba interregnum.
Imagine a whole Nnewi people that are the heartbeat of Anambra, and yet they somehow get sidelined for governorship positions in Anambra state.
And they don't complain, at least not yet.
Even Nnewi roads are being ignored despite the fact that Nnewi generates billions of Naira for Anambra state coffers, while roads in Igala part of Anambra state has been getting government attention from Peter Obi's government to Obiano and now to Soludo.
You people creating this type of post should fear God, but I support that the OP is likely from South west.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi Condemns Attack On The Nigerian Army In Delta, Urges Arrest Of The Culprits / Bank Robbery In Lagos, About 75mins Ago / I’m On A Mission To Rescue Nigeria –buhari !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.