Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election (37443 Views)

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents / Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / INEC Uploaded Jigawa Results On IREV Portal As Imo Results – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Shantyken(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Any evidence?

And any evidence from other regions as claimed by obi followers
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by cktheluckyman: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
tonididdy:
I wish OBI luck on his quest to retrieve a stolen mandate.

That being said, Yoruba or Igbo apc or lp… the last presidential election was hugely unfair and rigged by all parties.

Kwankwaso rigged kano
OBI rigged the east
Bola rigged west and
Wike rigged south.

You just confirmed that the election was rigged and thus should be cancelled.

thank you

2 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JoshTim: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
tolexy007:

y don't u use ur own sample and let see ur results

Tinubu wọn, so why stress myself when we are confident he won.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Massiveglory: 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
Goodlady:

If APC is determined to rig, they ll rig all states.
My take, Tinubu won the majority votes. Some states has numbers of two or more states in south south and south east.
Dey play. I am not even sure tinubu came second.
Tinubu did not win the majority of the popular votes. When it comes out you go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Electorate: 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
JoshTim:

Oh boy, you have to admit it that the samples you used are skewed to favour Obi. If e sure for you, use another sample set and run the test, result will shock you your self.

If i begin to analyse your results and methods, you will be amased by the standard error in your result. Come alive, stop sleeping.

Oga, Obinoscopy told you to do yours and share with us the result if not satisfied with his, You didn't argue with him when he did his first analysis that showed APC won, he reach LP turn now you start blabbing, stay one place make thunder achieve him target na.

6 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Recall I had perform an analysis of the presidential results on the IREV portal and came to the conclusion that APC won based on the results on IREV. See link to the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7626424/inec-result-analysis-based-samples

However I noticed some discrepancies in the result for Rivers State and decided to probe further. Again I used simple random sampling and multistage sampling to ensure that every polling unit had equal chance of being selected. I used a sample size of 198. I got the sample size using the formula:

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

And where z is the z-score which is 1.96 for a 95% confidence level
p is the population proportion of those who voted in Rivers State which is 15.6%
e is the margin of error which we take as 5%
N is the population size (total number of polling units in Rivers State) which is 6866.

The result is mind boggling.

RESULT
So after collating the results sheets from randomly selected 198 polling units, APC got a total of 4637 votes, LP got 8129 votes, NNPP got 47 votes and PDP got 3578 votes. So LP (and not APC as we were meant to believe) got the majority of votes followed by APC, then PDP and finally NNPP. Infact LP got more than 50% of the vote such that if you combine APC and PDP votes its still less than LP’s votes. This corroborates Peter Obi claim that he got 50% of the votes in Rivers State.

This means LP won more than 12 States (13 States or perhaps more) and APC won less than 12 States (11 States or perhaps less). With this result, I begin to wonder if there are other States with this kind of glaring discrepancies.

Caveat:
Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.

I don't even understand what you are doing?

At this stage, you can only analyze results.

I don't know what sampling you are doing or what you think you can achieve with it.

And for the fact that you are even using inferential statistics shows that you don't even know what you are doing.

3 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Naturemed: 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obiakpa LGA we know wella nko APC bring this out
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
searchlight:
Yeah. If you feel you were cheated and you have the evidence come up with it let's talk about that.

I can believe everything you say but saying that Rivers results was not rigged makes me question all the results in the whole 37 states

South East was rigged too because ballot boxes and papers where not dispersed to some polling unite there by disenfranchising thousands of people. The election was totally rigged QED
Have u seen me making a statement that "rivers was not rîggéd"?
I replied a particular comment with this my reply that u mentioned.
Maybe u should provide the evidence to back that particular statement I replied then we can talk about evidence.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by DesChyko: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
JoshTim:

Bursted!!!!
Samples have already been determined apriori, so claims that you used a random sample is a lie, you know that.

If you understand statistics so well as you claimed, you will understand that what you just generated is an estimate not the accurate figure.

It's also important to get a representative sample rather than get a sample that is skewed so that your analysis can follow a normal distribution. Else, what you just generated will have standard deviation greater than zero, skewness greater than zero, and kurtosis less than 3 or greater than 3.

I will like to ask the confidence interval for this your result?

What is the standard error?

It is an estimate and we cannot say for sure how accurate your estimate is. I believe your data is skewed to places where peter obi got majority of his votes.

A simple counter analysis and test would have made more sense. We're not purveyors of words in this discipline. Get busy. iREV is there.

Clean up all of these words, use any of the 7 spaces you filled with words to put your words into the hard numbers we understand better and let us see what you have too.

Science, unlike politics, is never a tale of two jealous nagging housewives you're making it look like.

2 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Bimpe29: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
The results found on IREV aren't what was declared, right?
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Any evidence?
U are giving me a mention from a comment replied about how Obi's votes were supressed in Lagos, Nasarawa, Plateau, Bauchi etc etc.
Provide evidence to that claim before asking me for evidence.

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by greatiyk4u(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Did u apply the formula to Akwaibom, Plateau, Bauchi, Nasarawa, Lagos etc that u are mentioning?
A group of duIIards forming inteIIigeñt because of chèàp data.

I can see your IQ level
Shalom
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Shantyken(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2023
Okealaaye:
There's no rule or law anywhere that disallows anyone from delighting himself in delusion of grandeur or finding the occasion to relieve himself of pent-up bitterness and anger.

Gbam, all the children of hate can go and hug transformer

2 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2023
udeh3:

Isn't this enough reasons for other parties to take LP to court to disregard the results in that region?

Why is the APC crying that LP is going to court? If the votes in the East was stolen, then, APC Should be happy that LP is going to court
The last time I checked, it was u guys posting that "if a thief ask u to go to court, his brother is the judge".
U were all making this post because APC asked u guys to challenge their victory in court.
So how did u guys turn it in a split second that APC is cryîñg because u went to court?
Same APC that told u to go court?
Na Wa o.
I am not surprised because that's how u all turned Obi to messiah overnight.
Why should APC even take u to court?
Has APC told u guys they are not ready for court procession?

2 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by 4ward4: 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
States like rivers, akwaibom, bauchi, jos , nasarawa, lagos and more are states where LP votes were either suppressed or outrightly stolen and added to the yakubu select.

We are not so bothered because we know the authentic winner of the election will get his mandate back.

There are many ways to catch a thief. That is why PODATTI took them in ways they could not believe.

It is not a mistake that the riggers forgot to rig abuja. Somethings are divine. You just can't explain why.

Include Benue. the difference in win was just less than 2000. which we know is a lie

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2023
advanceDNA:

Thats what pple complained about....let it all be reviewed...if any part was rigged for LP...we will see it....
.. instead..inec ddnt want the world to see their yansh and quickly declared winner...
Last time I checked, u all complained because INEC was taking too long to declare a winner and then now the statement has become INEC "quickly declared a winner".
U people doñ't get tired of this turn coat attitude?

2 Likes

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Nchenches: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Recall I had perform an analysis of the presidential results on the IREV portal and came to the conclusion that APC won based on the results on IREV. See link to the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7626424/inec-result-analysis-based-samples

However I noticed some discrepancies in the result for Rivers State and decided to probe further. Again I used simple random sampling and multistage sampling to ensure that every polling unit had equal chance of being selected. I used a sample size of 198. I got the sample size using the formula:

Sample Size = S/(1+S/N)
Where S = z2*p*(1-p)/e2

And where z is the z-score which is 1.96 for a 95% confidence level
p is the population proportion of those who voted in Rivers State which is 15.6%
e is the margin of error which we take as 5%
N is the population size (total number of polling units in Rivers State) which is 6866.

The result is mind boggling.

RESULT
So after collating the results sheets from randomly selected 198 polling units, APC got a total of 4637 votes, LP got 8129 votes, NNPP got 47 votes and PDP got 3578 votes. So LP (and not APC as we were meant to believe) got the majority of votes followed by APC, then PDP and finally NNPP. Infact LP got more than 50% of the vote such that if you combine APC and PDP votes its still less than LP’s votes. This corroborates Peter Obi claim that he got 50% of the votes in Rivers State.

This means LP won more than 12 States (13 States or perhaps more) and APC won less than 12 States (11 States or perhaps less). With this result, I begin to wonder if there are other States with this kind of glaring discrepancies.

Caveat:
Whether the results from IREV is authentic or not is a matter for another discuss. My focus was just to use the results I saw on the IREV Portal.

Bolded below:
What on earth would make the results on INEC’s iREV portal authentic when the results were not uploaded in real time?
You ask as if you are not a Nigerian.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bimpe29:
The results found on IREV aren't what was declared, right?
Yes
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by just2endowed: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2023
JoshTim:

Bursted!!!!
Samples have already been determined apriori, so claims that you used a random sample is a lie, you know that.

If you understand statistics so well as you claimed, you will understand that what you just generated is an estimate not the accurate figure.

It's also important to get a representative sample rather than get a sample that is skewed so that your analysis can follow a normal distribution. Else, what you just generated will have standard deviation greater than zero, skewness greater than zero, and kurtosis less than 3 or greater than 3.

I will like to ask the confidence interval for this your result?

What is the standard error?

It is an estimate and we cannot say for sure how accurate your estimate is. I believe your data is skewed to places where peter obi got majority of his votes.

I like statisticians like you

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by advanceDNA: 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Last time I checked, u all complained because INEC was taking too long to declare a winner and then now the statement has become INEC "quickly declared a winner".
U people doñ't get tired of this turn coat attitude?

Complained?? Oga abeg... why are u afraid og review...i am not a supporter of anybody... i just want fairness for one in our elections...

Thats supposed to the essence of the IREV
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2023
PointB:

What are you waiting for? A keg of palm wine? A visa?

Obi is coming...
He is coming to watch Tinubu's inauguration in two months time.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U all ovèrràté Obi too much.
What APC and PDP's votes that were supressed in South East and added to Obi?
Should we talk about that?

Are you implying that the elections was rigged cross parties?
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Beolly(m): 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
States like rivers, akwaibom, bauchi, jos , nasarawa, lagos and more are states where LP votes were either suppressed or outrightly stolen and added to the yakubu select.

We are not so bothered because we know the authentic winner of the election will get his mandate back.

There are many ways to catch a thief. That is why PODATTI took them in ways they could not believe.

It is not a mistake that the riggers forgot to rig abuja. Somethings are divine. You just can't explain why.

Does it mean Atiku rigged the election too? because Atiku won in Bauchi, Akwa Ibom and also got sizeable chunk of vote in Plateau.

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by babyfaceafrica: 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Everything na noise

1 Like

Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by egunna(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:
PODATTI is not an ffk or bayo onasuga or keyamo that talks anyhow and anyway.
When they said we won the election and we will prove, they were not joking

so ur claim now is that tinubu did not win fct abi?day dreamer.buhari lost fct in 2019,yet,he was not only sworn in,he is rounding up his tenure.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Teemax09: 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U all ovèrràté Obi too much.
What APC and PDP's votes that were supressed in South East and added to Obi?
Should we talk about that?

You lack sense . Peter doesn’t even need to campaign in the south east to win convincingly.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by aliscomonaj: 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
Your calculations were wrong from the level of confidence set. Go through it and you will find out that your result was the opposite.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by JagabanBorgu: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2023
Teemax09:

You lack sense . Peter doesn’t even need to campaign in the south east to win convincingly.
Same way even with his campaign in other regions he won't get substantial votes, he don't need campaign to win his region, but other candidates winning their region is not right, una mumu no too much?
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Nchenches: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
The Supreme Court judges are neither Computer Scientists nor Mathematians or Statisticians; therefore, it's no point belabour them with calculations.
The election is clear and simple to understand: INEC breached the trust of voters on INEC through failure to make for upload of election results from the BVAS to INEC's iREV portal in real time.
Re: Statistical Analysis On IREV For Rivers State Presidential Election by Goodlady(f): 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
Massiveglory:

Dey play. I am not even sure tinubu came second.
Tinubu did not win the majority of the popular votes. When it comes out you go dey alright.
I think you are the dey play.
Tinubu outsmarted LP and PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Criticizes Buhari: "Expected Change Is Not Being Experienced" / More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor / Helicopter Loaded With Arms Lands In Taraba Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.