Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? (7575 Views)

Poll: Which of these guys would you vote for in 2015?

Sullivan Chime of Enugu State: 7% (14 votes)
Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state: 46% (91 votes)
Nuhi Ribadu Ex EFCC: 4% (8 votes)
Rochas Okorocha of Imo State: 35% (70 votes)
Some other candidate: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Ihedioha Begs Rochas For Forgiveness (photo) / Amaechi Or Fashola Or Rochas or Al makura- Who Is The Best Shoki Dancer (PICS) / If Not Ararume, Ohakim Or Rochas : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by jason123: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
PointB:

Well, not the SE. Equity demands that the best of SE, and NC confirm your theory. [b]And if the presidency does not equate to development of any kind, why should the SW want it? [/b]So let's try those whom we believe can actually do something with the presidency. I strongly believe Rochas is the man for the job!

Do they want it? You might have some info that I do not have. If Fashola does well in government, is it for the Yorubas or all Nigerians?? Recently, he (Fashola) deported Yoruba beggars. Does that seem like someone who is regionally inclined?? What about the appointment of Ben in his cabinet (although, the Ben guy, from what I have heard, is quite GOOD!).

I really doubt if Yorubas "want" presidency. Their actions does not seem speak about their intention towards presidency. In fact, they are trying to move away from the center. After all, Buhari chose a Yoruba VP, yet he did not win the SW.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by danjohn: 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
I just had an epiphany cheesy.  What do you guys think about a Sanusi/Fashola Ticket? Since the North wants power, we can field a brilliant Northerner who happens to be the grandson of the former Emir of Kano and a young competent Governor who can be groomed to run for President once Sanusi's time is up.  This will give us 16 uninterrupted years of effective leadership.  In the years leading up to 2015, ACN can launch a propaganda campaign in the North via Hausa BBC to create the myth that Sanusi has towering integrity so that a cult of personality can be built around him. 

Off course such a decision by ACN or CNPP (if they are wise enough to come together) will have to be poll tested etc.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by PointB: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2011
jason123:

Do they want it? You might have some info that I do not have. If Fashola does well in government, is it for the Yorubas or all Nigerians?? Recently, he (Fashola) deported Yoruba beggars. Does that seem like someone who is regionally inclined?? What about the appointment of Ben in his cabinet (although, the Ben guy, from what I have heard, is quite GOOD!).

I really doubt if Yorubas "want" presidency. Their actions does not seem speak about their intention towards presidency. In fact, they are trying to move away from the center. After all, Buhari chose a Yoruba VP, yet he did not win the SW.

lol, who doesn't want it? grin grin grin
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by PointB: 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
danjohn:

I just had an epiphany cheesy.  What do you guys think about a Sanusi/Fashola Ticket?  Since the North wants power, we can field a brilliant Northerner who happens to be the grandson of the former Emir of Kano and a young competent Governor who can be groomed to run for President once Sanusi's time is up.  This will give us 16 uninterrupted years of effective leadership.  In the years leading up to 2015, ACN can launch a propaganda campaign in the North via Hausa BBC to create the myth that Sanusi has towering integrity so that a cult of personality can be built around him. 

Off course such a decision by ACN or CNPP (if they are wise enough to come together) will have to be poll tested etc. 

It will be a bigot muslim/moderate muslim ticket. It will sell like hot cake in the North, gathering fifty percent of Northern vote. But the other fifty percent christians in the North will vote against it. The pair will will not make any headway in the SS/SE, and Benue, Jos, Adamawa. Non-indigene population in Lagos, Ogun, will resist it. Besides, I dont see why Fashola will agree to serve as a junior partner to Sanusi, knowing very well that Vice President is a figure head position these days. Speaking of which I ask where is Sambo?
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by ektbear: 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
On what planet should Fashola serve as VP to Sanusi of all people?

I'm not sure he should be VP to anyone, truth be told

Then again political realities might say otherwise. But if pure merit were the metric, he is VP to no one
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
PointB:

Well, not the SE. Equity demands that the best of SE, and NC confirm your theory. And if the presidency does not equate to development of any kind, why should the SW want it? So let's try those whom we believe can actually do something with the presidency. I strongly believe Rochas is the man for the job!

Another lie that has been peddled for too long and unchallenged

Yakubu Gowon - NC 9yrs

IBB - North Central 8yrs
AbdulSalam Abubakar 1yr

Infact the NC has ruled more than any other Geopolical zone in Nigeria.

If anyone on the North deserves it, Its the NE who hasnt tasted power since Tafawa balewa. Infact NE and SE has the same in Balewa and Azikwe
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by danjohn: 12:20am On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

It will be a bigot muslim/moderate muslim ticket. It will sell like hot cake in the North, gathering fifty percent of Northern vote. But the other fifty percent christians in the North will vote against it. The pair will will not make any headway in the SS/SE, and Benue, Jos, Adamawa. Non-indigene population will resist it. Besides, I dont see why Fashola will agree serve as a junior partner to Sanusi, knowing well that Vice President is a figure head position these days. Speaking of which I ask where is Sambo?

PointB, I beg to differ with you on this one.  Here are my reasons:

Chances are that PDP will most likely nominate a non-controversial mediocre Northerner for president and an above average Southerner (Chime, Amaechi, or Donald Duke) for vice-president.  Sanusi's Sharia baggage is not as big as Buhari's Sharia baggage.  In addition Fashola transcends religion, hence people do not view him from a religious lens.  If the integrity myth that I suggested can be created long in advance, Fashola and Sanusi will have a good chance of winning the 12 States Buhari won in 2011 + the 6 states in the SW.  Since Sanusi and Fashola have less Sharia Baggage than Buhari, Adamawa, Nassarawa, and Taraba could become too close to call.   In addition, Kwara could be more competitive (40 - 45% may even be feasible).  Furthermore, I doubt that the margins that we saw in the SS and SE in 2011 will repeat themselves in 2015.  Regardless of whether PDP wins in the SS and SE, I am sure that Fashola and Sanusi will do better than Buhari's 1% in Rivers, Delta, and Cross River etc.  At the end of the day folks will have to choose between competence and mediocrity.  Fashola being on the ticket will give the ticket the credibility factor to still compete in the SS and SE and garner 20 -30% of the vote in some of the states there.

As for your second concern, a VP is only as powerful as a President wants him/her to be.  When a VP adds electoral value to the ticket or has a strong track record, his/her bargaining hand becomes stronger.  For example Okonjo-Iweala's bargaining hand with Jonathan was very strong.  The president had to beg her to join his team and she in turn decided to join his team on her terms.  Sambo was a mediocre political featherweight before he was elevated to the Vice-Presidency.  In addition, Sambo's political obituary was signed when PDP lost Kaduna in the Presidential election.  Fashola has too much political clout to be made a figure head VP.  Any president who makes Fashola a figure head VP will do so at his/her own peril.

Overall, I still think that this ticket will give us a chance of having 16 years of uninterrupted competent leadership.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by PointB: 12:54am On Sep 21, 2011
danjohn:

PointB, I beg to differ with you on this one. Here are my reasons:

Chances are that PDP will most likely nominate a non-controversial mediocre Northerner for president and an above average Southerner (Chime, Amaechi, or Donald Duke) for VP. Sanusi's Sharia baggage is not as big as Buhari's Sharia baggage. In addition Fashola transcends religion, hence people do not view him from a religious lens. If the integrity myth that I suggested can be created long in advance, Fashola and Sanusi will have a good chance of winning the 12 States Buhari won in 2011 + the 6 states in the SW. Since Sanusi and Fashola have less Sharia Baggage than Buhari, Adamawa, Nassarawa, and Taraba could become too close to call. In addition, Kwara could be more competitive (40 - 45% may even be feasible). Furthermore, I doubt that the margins that we saw in the SS and SE in 2011 will repeat themselves in 2015. Regardless of whether PDP wins in the SS and SE, I am sure that Fashola and Sanusi will do better than Buhari's 1% in Rivers, Delta, and Cross River etc. At the end of the day folks will have to choose between competence and mediocrity. Fashola being on the ticket will give the ticket the credibility factor to still compete in the SS and SE and garner 20 -30% of the vote in some of the states there.

This ticket will give us a chance of having 16 years of uninterrupted competent leadership.

That is not how the system work; and besides what made you think others agree with you that Sanusi and Fashola are competent? Competent in what exactly? Sanusi ruining the banking industries and heating up the polity? Or Fashola looking the other way while Tinubu and co line the their pocket with looted treasury? If that's your description of competency, then I am afraid competency has found a new low.

Their dodgy competency aside, lets look at the politics, and how the system works. Presently, they system seems to abhor muslim/muslim ticket especially at the highest level. So Sanusi/Fashola ticket is dead on arrival. Unless, they are satisfied with winning core north, and SW state with narrow margins, opening a a huge opportunity for the PDP to mop up. And make no mistake, Sanusi is not popular in SW. What Buhari could not do with his so called integrity, Sanusi open bigotry especially against SW and their leaders will come to hurt him if he venture for the highest level, not even fashola can save him.

Now your assumption that PDP will go for a 'non-controversial mediocre Northerner for president and an above average Southerner (Chime, Amaechi, Donald Duke') as VP is equally wrong. PDP will look for a strong candidate in 2015, especially if GEJ does not satisfy Nigerians yearn. PDP factor for selecting strong candidate will most likely be performance and integrity and with PDP knowing that In 2015, SE will not be playing second fiddle, will Chime or Ayim. I doubt if Duke is still in PDP. I also see PDP making overtures to Rachas, who will have the mandate of Ohaneze and APGA to go for it. Rochas (as PDP and APGA presidential candididate) will then pair with a strong Northern political heavy weight for the titanic battle. The outcome will be bigger that the GEJ landslide.

That is how the battle of 2015 will play out bros! Power then go back to the North at the next election if single term is agreed. And in my own opinion, that is how Nigeria can mover forward as one.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by danjohn: 1:47am On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

That is not how the system work; and besides what made you think others agree with you that Sanusi and Fashola are competent? Competent in what exactly? Sanusi ruining the banking industries and heating up the polity? Or Fashola looking the other way while Tinubu and co line the their pocket with looted treasury? If that's your description of competency, then I am afraid competency has found a new low.

Their dodgy competency aside, lets look at the politics, and how the system works. Presently, they system seems to abhor muslim/muslim ticket especially at the highest level. So Sanusi/Fashola ticket is dead on arrival. Unless, they are satisfied with winning core north, and SW state with narrow margins, opening a a huge opportunity for the PDP to mop up. And make no mistake, Sanusi is not popular in SW. What Buhari could not do with his so called integrity, Sanusi open bigotry especially against SW and their leaders will come to hurt him if he venture for the highest level, not even fashola can save him.

Now your assumption that PDP will go for a 'non-controversial mediocre Northerner for president and an above average Southerner (Chime, Amaechi, Donald Duke') as VP is equally wrong. PDP will look for a strong candidate in 2015, especially if GEJ does not satisfy Nigerians yearn. PDP factor for selecting strong candidate will most likely be performance and integrity and with PDP knowing that In 2015, SE will not be playing second fiddle, will Chime or Ayim. I doubt if Duke is still in PDP. I also  see PDP making overtures to Rachas, who will have the mandate of Ohaneze and APGA to go for it. Rochas (as PDP and APGA presidential candididate) will then pair with a strong Northern political heavy weight for the titanic battle. The outcome will be bigger that the GEJ landslide.

That is how the battle of 2015 will play out bros! Power then go back to the North at the next election if single term is agreed. And in my own opinion, that is how Nigeria can mover forward as one.

My brother, I disagree with you.  Can you please provide me with the name of the Northerner that PDP will choose who is not a non-controversial mediocre?  I need examples please.  In addition please explain to me how that PDP Northerner is more competent than Fashola and Sanusi. 

Sanusi has cleaned up the banking sector.  There were so many risk management lapses and malpractices in the sector that Soludo overlooked.  Sanusi stood up against the power brokers in that sector even when it meant sometimes standing alone and today the sector has made a rebound.  Profits are up and balance sheets are healthy again. 

As for Fashola, I think it is laughable when you infer that Fashola is incompetent and then go on to say that Ayim has competence and integrity.  Fashola may be not be perfect, but Fashola and Ayim are not in the same league.  As for Okorocha, he is yet to prove himself with concrete results.  He is in the above average category because of his positive overtures and PR.  We need to see results before he can be classified as good, great, or exceptional. 

My brother, if you are concerned about the unity of Nigeria as you say you are, then the presidency needs to go back to the North in 2015.  Dude, the North wants power in 2015!!!!!!  Don't you get it??  Your argument about power going to the SE does not hold water.  PDP has a zoning arrangement.  Jonathan said that he will serve for 1 term and hand over power to the North.  Going by that assumption, I think it is safe to say that PDP will nominate a "non-controversial mediocre Northerner" in 2015.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by EkoIle1: 4:53am On Sep 21, 2011
Ngodigha:

Though am not from Imo state, but I think Rochas Okorocha is the man.
Give him Lagos state and he will surpass Fashola's achievement by a very large margin.

Why not just go ahead and list what this man has done so far, in fact, don't worry about any long list, just 1 is enough.

Show us the single class room he has built

Show us even one hen cage he has built.

Is it even possible for this man to rule a complex state like Lagos with 18 million people from every corner of the country?

The man can't even rule his own people and state with just 2 million people

They gave him a state to run and he ran it to the ground in less than 4 months.

The state is at a stand still, no banking activities, commerce is at a standstill, the state is losing tons of money/day, the citizenry is angry and 10,000 graduates that he sacked and rendered unemployed are still breathing down his neck and demonstrating everyday causing needless distractions, the state legislature and local governments are in turmoil while he jets around the world from Japan to, UK, London, China, Singapore and Ireland, even the country is still laughing at his special affairs fiasco including special affairs comedian or what ever.

And you people are willing to lay this man on 150 million Nigerians? This is why it's very have to take you people seriously, I honestly think you people walk on your brains.

Unfortunately for me, I share the same country with people like you.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by PointB: 7:37am On Sep 21, 2011
danjohn:

My brother, I disagree with you.  Can you please provide me with the name of the Northerner that PDP will choose who is not a non-controversial mediocre?  I need examples please.  In addition please explain to me how that PDP Northerner is more competent than Fashola and Sanusi. 

Sanusi has cleaned up the banking sector.  There were so many risk management lapses and malpractices in the sector that Soludo overlooked.  Sanusi stood up against the power brokers in that sector even when it meant sometimes standing alone and today the sector has made a rebound.  Profits are up and balance sheets are healthy again. 

As for Fashola, I think it is laughable when you infer that Fashola is incompetent and then go on to say that Ayim has competence and integrity.  Fashola may be not be perfect, but Fashola and Ayim are not in the same league.  As for Okorocha, he is yet to prove himself with concrete results.  He is in the above average category because of his positive overtures and PR.  We need to see results before he can be classified as good, great, or exceptional. 

My brother, if you are concerned about the unity of Nigeria as you say you are, then the presidency needs to go back to the North in 2015.  Dude, the North wants power in 2015!!!!!!  Don't you get it??  Your argument about power going to the SE does not hold water.  PDP has a zoning arrangement.  Jonathan said that he will serve for 1 term[b] and hand over power to the North[/b].  Going by that assumption, I think it is safe to say that PDP will nominate a "non-controversial mediocre Northerner" in 2015.

Can you corroborate the bolded?

Indeed it's true that Ayim and Fashola are not in the same league. For while the latter has a treasury looter and felon as Godfather, they former has none. And if this is not a barometer for measuring integrity, then I wonder what is. As for Okorocha, he has portrayed his grasps of Imo state problems and challenges with amazing ease and some of the solutions he has proffered are very insightful. Beyond that, his antecedent in philanthropy across the nation set him head and shoulder above other politician. PDP will be foolish not to make overture to especially since they can barely any Northern politician that is up to scratch.

Dude, the SE want power in 2015!!! Don't you get it? Your argument about power going to the North does not hold water, on is simply because they are not bombing the places like Boko Haram and MEND before them? GEJ knows better not to make any commitment to the North. 2015 election will be very interesting, when the permutations begin to unravel.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by member479760: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2011
policeman = tiv
Ribadu = policeman
make una remove policeman from the list first.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
OP,
You Omitted:

General Buhari (rtd)
Donald Duke
Amaechi
Godswill Akpobia
And many more credible candidates
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by danjohn: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

Can you corroborate the bolded?

Indeed it's true that Ayim and Fashola are not in the same league. For while the latter has a treasury looter and felon as Godfather, they former has none. And if this is not a barometer for measuring integrity, then I wonder what is. As for Okorocha, he has portrayed his grasps of Imo state problems and challenges with amazing ease and some of the solutions he has proffered are very insightful. Beyond that, his antecedent in philanthropy across the nation set him head and shoulder above other politician. PDP will be foolish not to make overture to especially since they can barely any Northern politician that is up to scratch.

Dude, the SE want power in 2015!!! Don't you get it? Your argument about power going to the North does not hold water, on is simply because they are not bombing the places like Boko Haram and MEND before them? GEJ knows better not to make any commitment to the North. 2015 election will be very interesting, when the permutations begin to unravel.

PointB, we all know that President Jonathan decided to seek only one term because of pressure from the Northern Governors / Political Elite. The agreement to zone the office of the Presidency to the North in 2015 is implied and not overt. I feel horrible engaging in this type of argument given that I consider myself a progressive who looks beyond tribe, ethnicity, and religion. Above all I think that those of us who are educated and enlightened should be challenging the zoning status quo and not conceding to it.

As for the Fashola vs. Ayim comparison, Fashola has proven himself to be an effective administrator whose results speak for him. Yes he has the Tinubu baggage but you cannot tell me that Ayim does not have corrupt PDP chieftains that he, unfortunately, has to work with in one way or the other. Ayim does not have the achievements that Fashola has as an executive. In fact, many Government insiders say that what Ayim has going for himself is that he is a "Yes Man" hence he stays in the good books of the power brokers in PDP. Can you please list Ayim's meaningful accomplishments and objectively ask yourself if they come close to Fashola's. We do not need sentiments. As for Okorocha, his antecedent as a philanthropist is impressive and he seems to have his heart in the right place. Moreover, the close election in Imo really boosted his name recognition. Now is the time to see how well he can execute. Right now, all he needs to do is to perform well to secure his legacy.

Btw, I am happy that the we both agree that PDP does not have an exceptional Northerner who is ready to run for President in 2015. However, they can find a non-controversial mediocre like Yaradua to promote. Remember they succeeded when they did that in 2007.

On a side note, you seem to be of the opinion that the next President must come from PDP. Don't you think that strengthening the opposition will be good for our democracy? We are not yet a country with political parties that are based on ideology. With the exception of ANPP and its overt support for Sharia Law, most Nigerians just want to vote for a leader who will work towards providing us with the basic things of life. I think that it is imperative that we have a credible and strong alternative to the ruling party that can put up a formidable national push for political power on the Federal level and state level across the country. Having such an alternative will be an incentive for our leaders to give us nothing but their best. I rest my case. It was nice arguing with you bro.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by efisher(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
danjohn:

On a side note, you seem to be of the opinion that the next President must come from PDP.  Don't you think that strengthening the opposition will be good for our democracy?  We are not yet a country with political parties that are based on ideology.  With the exception of ANPP and its overt support for Sharia Law, most Nigerians just want to vote for a leader who will work towards providing us with the basic things of life.  I think that it is imperative that we have a credible and strong alternative to the ruling party that can put up a formidable national push for political power on the Federal level and state level across the country.  Having such an alternative will be an incentive for our leaders to give us nothing but their best.  I rest my case.  It was nice arguing with you bro.

My good friend, long time. I really enjoyed your analysis during the last elections.

@Bolded, I agree with you. I think we need a stronger and more focused opposition in 2015. If the opposition can get its act together and possibly take over the presidency in 2015, Nigeria will benefit a lot more cos things will be done differently. Lots of things that may have been hidden will be brought to fore and the system will be improved. There will be a renewed passion for good governance and PDP will provide good challenge as an opposition.  PDP has taken us thus far, I think Nigeria is matured enough to move on now. The only condition is that the opposition has to get its house in order (recall the ACN + CPC failed rush hour deal. How can one entrust the entire nation to such an unstable, rickety, premature contraption?). An opposition with the likes of Fashola, Donald Duke, Pat Utomi, El Rufai, Sanusi, etc all in one team and working with singleness of purpose will be great.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by PointB: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
danjohn:

PointB, we all know that President Jonathan decided to seek only one term because of pressure from the Northern Governors / Political Elite.  The agreement to zone the office of the Presidency to the North in 2015 is implied and not overt.  I feel horrible engaging in this type of argument given that I consider myself a progressive who looks beyond tribe, ethnicity, and religion.  Above all I think that those of us who are educated and enlightened should be challenging the zoning status quo and not conceding to it.

As for the Fashola vs. Ayim comparison, Fashola has proven himself to be an effective administrator whose results speak for him.  Yes he has the Tinubu baggage but you cannot tell me that Ayim does not have corrupt PDP chieftains that he, unfortunately, has to work with in one way or the other.  Ayim does not have the achievements that Fashola has as an executive.  In fact, many Government insiders say that what Ayim has going for himself is that he is a "Yes Man" hence he stays in the good books of the power brokers in PDP.  Can you please list Ayim's meaningful accomplishments and objectively ask yourself if they come close to Fashola's.  We do not need sentiments.  As for Okorocha, his antecedent as a philanthropist is impressive and he seems to have his heart in the right place.  Moreover, the close election in Imo really boosted his name recognition.  Now is the time to see how well he can execute.  Right now, all he needs to do is to perform well to secure his legacy.

Btw, I am happy that the we both agree that PDP does not have an exceptional Northerner who is ready to run for President in 2015.  However, they can find a non-controversial mediocre like Yaradua to promote.  Remember they succeeded when they did that in 2007.

On a side note, you seem to be of the opinion that the next President must come from PDP.  Don't you think that strengthening the opposition will be good for our democracy?  We are not yet a country with political parties that are based on ideology.  With the exception of ANPP and its overt support for Sharia Law, most Nigerians just want to vote for a leader who will work towards providing us with the basic things of life.  I think that it is imperative that we have a credible and strong alternative to the ruling party that can put up a formidable national push for political power on the Federal level and state level across the country.  Having such an alternative will be an incentive for our leaders to give us nothing but their best.  I rest my case.  It was nice arguing with you bro.

In any case, run-up to the 2011 election, GEJ was under alot of pressure not to run. The Northern Governors and their political elite out-rightly rejected his candidacy, which made the raise candidates to contest against him. So where and when he implied that power will return to the North in 2015, I wouldn't know. You certainly made that one up, cos I am hearing it for the first time from you. If at all GEJ made any agreement in respect of power shift, he would have made it to the SE/Ohanaze who urged him on and threw in the biggest support for him outside his Zone before, during and after the election; and ensured no major SE candidate opposed him.

On the issue of Ayim and Fashola competency, Fashola so called administrative prowess are all based on what is on the PR machine. What exactly has Fashola done for people of Lagos state in concrete terms, I mean with all the revenue generate by that state.We all read Fashola is working, yet Lagos is easily flooded by rain because drainage are not cleared, and in 20 years, Lagos roads has never been worse than it is today. So I asked again what sets Fashola apart, aside Tinubu and the SW press? What are the so called achievements? Reel them out cos I haven't seen any that is not matched or surpassed by other governors.

And Ayim ran a very successful National Assembly as Senate President. His uncompromising attitude (contrary to your Yes Man portrayal of him) was largely responsible for the 'killing' of the Third Term bid of Obj. With all the Ghana Must Go bag flying around that time, people's integrity was easily compromised, but he stood firm. And if you know the  power-that-be (Chieftain), that he kowtows to, why not mention it. Talking about 'insiders' and 'sources' like some of our dailies is a clear indication of lack of substance in your case against Ayim. If you do, then tell us this corrupt PDP guy that Ayim is working with. I am sure Nairalanders are equally interested.

What made you think I care where the next President come from? Like you said and I agree, parties are just platform for winning elections. My fixation with PDP is simply because they have a better platform than any other party in the country. Even the so called opposition party are filled to the brim with disgruntle members of PDP; old wine, new wineskin. No clear cut difference in substance or ideology. From ACN, to CPC, to APGA, they all the same to me.

I am a progressive, but firstly a pragmatist. Only idealist will pretend tribe, ethnicity, and religion have no place in politics. Need I remind you, that alot of highly educated and progressive blacks (Oprah, Jesse, etc) voted for Obama because he was black (race), some almost scuttled his ambition because they thought he was Muslim (religion), and that was in the United States! Friend, eliminating tribal and religious sentiment in our election politics will not happen in 50 year, no matter how educated we are - primordial sentiments are in the DNA!

Nice debating with you man.
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by cryingbaby: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2011
South-East:

You mean 50% obtained by counting Chadians, Nigeriens and Cameroonians who are indistinguishable from the northern mallams? Have you done a true census yet?
And for your information you are nt gonna get any among those list in 2015 there all wasting there time, jega,lamido sunusi
Re: Chime, Fashola, Ribadu, Or Rochas For 2015? by danjohn: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2011
efisher:

My good friend, long time. I really enjoyed your analysis during the last elections.

@Bolded, I agree with you. I think we need a stronger and more focused opposition in 2015. If the opposition can get its act together and possibly take over the presidency in 2015, Nigeria will benefit a lot more cos things will be done differently. Lots of things that may have been hidden will be brought to fore and the system will be improved. There will be a renewed passion for good governance and PDP will provide good challenge as an opposition.  PDP has taken us thus far, I think Nigeria is matured enough to move on now. The only condition is that the opposition has to get its house in order (recall the ACN + CPC failed rush hour deal. How can one entrust the entire nation to such an unstable, rickety, premature contraption?). An opposition with the likes of Fashola, Donald Duke, Pat Utomi, El Rufai, Sanusi, etc all in one team and working with singleness of purpose will be great.

efisher my good friend. We had great discussions during the last election. Nairaland needs to add an inbox to each account. You are one of the people on nairaland that I hope I can one day meet in person. I look forward to making more contributions going forward. Take care my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Who Increased Minimum Wage From N7000 To N18,000? / Nigeria / Isingidi Moves To Stop Azubogu As APGA's Anambra South Senatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.