Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle (18304 Views)

Keyamo: Peter Obi And Labour Party Rigged In Enugu (Photos) / PDP: Atiku Will Lose Presidency Over Plot To Punish Me — Wike / See How Presidential Election Was Rigged In Crossriver State By PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Maxymilliano(m): 7:52am On Mar 31, 2023
FG used military to rig election in favour of PDP to punish me for challenging its new naira policy – Zamfara governor

He said at least fifty soldiers were sent to every polling unit to rig the election in favour of PDP.

The Governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, has accused the federal government of militarising the 18 March gubernatorial and state assembly elections in the state to punish him for challenging its new naira policy in court.

Mr Matawalle and his counterparts from Kano and Kaduna, Abdullahi Ganduje and Nasir El Rufai filed a suit challenging the federal government and the Central Bank of Nigeria at the Supreme Court over its new naira policy.

The three governors are members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mr Matawalle lost his re-election bid to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dauda Lawal.

Mr Lawal polled 377,726 votes to defeat Mr Matawalle, who got 311,976 votes.

The APC candidate in Kano also lost the governorship election but the party’s candidate won in Kaduna.

But in a nine minutes interview with the DW Hausa, the governor said he was warned that the election might not go his way for his actions.

He said over 300 truckload of soldiers were sent to the state in the eve of election with over 50 soldiers sent to strategic polling units to intimidate voters against voting for APC.

We’ve security challenges in Zamfara state and we’ve been asking them to send soldiers to us but they didn’t. But three days to the election (gubernatorial) they sent over 300 vehicles conveying soldiers into Zamfara. Such a high number of soldiers, if they could send them to us to fight insecurity it would be better. But they only sent them during elections.

“And I tell you, they were over fifty soldiers in our polling units in Zamfara. They (soldiers) were even straight about it that those voting for APC would not be allowed to vote. People were harrassed and beat because they wanted to vote for APC. We all have this evidence on video. When we called soldiers to come to our aid, they didn’t come. But I’ve left everything to God,” he said.

When asked if there was any reason for the militarisation of the election in the state, Mr Matawalle said he had intelligence report that the soldiers were sent to rig the election.

“When I saw that (the soldiers being sent) I knew they were up to something. That was why it didn’t bother me. Because I received intelligence report on what they were going to do against me. Not only myself but other governors that did something that is considered wrong….. Yes, what’s being said is that we went to the court (Supreme Court) over new naira notes redesign. They said myself, Ganduje and El Rufai would be punished accordingly,” he said.

When he was asked why APC won the state during the presidential election but failed to reflect so in the gubernatorial, Mr Matawalle said he was happy that Bola Tinubu, the president elect, won the state with a landslide.

On whether he would go to court over the “irregularities”, Mr Matawalle said he has left it to the party to decide and he would respect whatever decision the party take on whether or not to go to court.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/590854-fg-used-military-to-rig-election-in-favour-of-pdp-to-punish-me-for-challenging-its-new-naira-policy-zamfara-governor.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Odin13: 7:58am On Mar 31, 2023
This is a very foolish human..

You join Pdp win election.. decamp.. to another party.. conduct elections again .. you lost to same PDP you left and you’re in power ..

Even if they conduct that election 1000 times .. you will still lose

Funny na you make noise pass during the presidential..

Zamfara is out to take you down.. what’s have you done for the state .. aside paying insurgents and sponsoring bandits..

A man that careless about his people.. zamfara is the state that husband start trading their wives and daughters just to breath.. something Gid gave us free

A real stupid human ..

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by SisterAnn(f): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2023
Buhari is a silent vengeful killer, you should have known that before going up against him because you felt he was outgoing and powerless.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by inoki247: 8:01am On Mar 31, 2023
Lol all this Loser with dere Lamentation no be free ride u use enter oga count ur loss nd move on with life that's how some people too dey find interim Govt after dem lose....

5 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by donpapa(m): 8:02am On Mar 31, 2023
Bad losers everywhere. Coming up with a flimsy excuse as if he’s the only state that took the FG to court. Alaye take your “L” and move on. You might be lucky in 2027 if Dauda fails too.
If you had done your work and delivered the dividends of democracy to your people they wouldn’t have rejected you. Oh well I can’t blame you, you got the position on a platter of gold and no surprise you turned out as one of the worst governors in the country.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Beremx(f): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2023
The Governor-elect will also defect to APC. Same thing Matawalle did.
Matawalle should move on and stop crying. His administration has brought too much problems for his people

5 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Jicqueville: 8:04am On Mar 31, 2023
They have started grin
Anyways, Stop putting the lives of your family members in danger with septic tank that allows snake in the closets, which can cause snake bite or even death! To avoid this, build a biodigester today.

1 Like

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by rolams(m): 8:07am On Mar 31, 2023
See mumu! Why is that not so in Kaduna, Ogun and other states that did not support?

3 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Maxymilliano(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2023
.... And FG didn't punish El-rufai and Yahaya Bello, who led the pack

8 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2023
That means you were a useless governor, step aside quietly please

62 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by press9jatv: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2023
This one is cluelessly lamenting, you never start yet. Efcc will investigate you too on the corruption charges hanging on your neck. Barawo

3 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by marlow1962(m): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2023
grin
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by obembet(f): 9:13am On Mar 31, 2023
Peter obi brother... Only loser complain.

Go to Court grin

4 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by PerfectJUSTICE: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2023
So APC can now rig out a sitting APC governor to favor the opposition just to prove a point. Ok,we are watching.

1 Like

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by dondodo: 9:32am On Mar 31, 2023
Obi is reclaiming his mandate on the 17th of April

1 Like

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Naijalarry: 9:32am On Mar 31, 2023
Odin13:
This is a very foolish human..

You join Pdp win election.. decamp.. to another party.. conduct elections again .. you lost to same PDP you left and you’re in power ..

Even if they conduct that election 1000 times .. you will still lose

Funny na you make noise pass during the presidential..

Zamfara is out to take you down.. what’s have you done for the state .. aside paying insurgents and sponsoring bandits..

A man that careless about his people.. zamfara is the state that husband start trading their wives and daughters just to breath.. something Gid gave us free

A real stupid human ..

Point of correction, he has never won an election before.

Supreme Court made him governor after he lost woefully.

4 Likes

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by datola: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2023
Hmmm....
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by NAC1666: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Zupay: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2023
See talk! I believe you have looted enough to take care of your 30 children and possibly more. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Gibson07: 9:38am On Mar 31, 2023
eeya
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Guyman01: 9:38am On Mar 31, 2023
If APC and PDP are talking about election being rigged it means that Prof Mahmud did a terrible job with the N300B he collect to give us this charade.

I heard an African International observer saying saying that they came to observe election and learn from Nigeria based on the claims by INEC to conduct the freest and fairest election in Africa but they ended up observing a crime scene
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2023
Rigging is the new excuse
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by BossLA: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2023
rolams:
See mumu! Why is that not so in Kaduna, Ogun and other states that did not support?
Ogun and kaduna would be annulled by the court
PDP won those states

1 Like

Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by atobs4real(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2023
Go to court with your Evidence and retrieve your mandate
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by jaxxy(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2023
it's OK just prove the rigging. I blame inec and iRev sabotage for most of these rigging but if valid it can be discovered and corrected by legal means.
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Seefinish: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2023
G
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by IgweOfIHIALA(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2023
LABOUR PARTY AND RIGGING NA 5&6
Re: Election Was Rigged In Favor Of PDP To Punish Me - Bello Matawalle by Ireportlive: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2023
grin

How come El Rufai retained his state his son even won Fed Rep... ElRufai performed wonders, same as Zulum

If you are not strong don't ever challenge Buhari or you might end up like the likes of Nnamdi Kanu and Elzazaky

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building / Nigerian Army Condemns Four More Soldiers To Death By Firing Squad / Children's Day: President Buhari’s Message To Every Nigerian Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.