Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other (2007 Views)

Ijaws Should Stop Adding South South Tribes To Their Niger Delta Republic. / Yoruba Vs Igbo: Both Tribes Are Blameless / Coalition Minority Tribes To Atiku: Return To Cameroon Within 21 Days, Apologise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by djon78(m): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2023
Owontime:
In writing your comment you completely forgot about the law of cause and effect, the question really should be- Why are IPOB so disrespectful?
Why are the other guests in Yorubaland not having issues?
When you look inwards and answer these questions then come back and have an intelligent conversation with me.
Mind you,this issue is not just in Yorubaland, it happens wherever IPOB people migrate to.

There are more igbos in the North than South West

How many times Northerners have attacked the Igbo man despite our not agreeing with them? Or how many times have Niger Deltans attacked the Igbo man despite we sometimes disagree with them

Why I am happy is so that the average Igbo man will actually see the real people that don't like them in Nigeria

All these happening is a blessing in disguise so that our people will know how they do there thing
And be wiser about it

When we survived Fulanis that are more strategically positioned in Nigeria, una na moi moi and beans

As for war, we no even get una time. We will overlook any form of provocation.
We are above that

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Offence Of Both Tribes To The Other by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
ridwintin89:

You are mature with your comment,I sincerely love that.I patronize Igbo markets in Lagos very well,be it Arena Oshodi,Ladipo Mushin,Alaba Ojo.This three main markets were dominated by Igbo, I did business with them and I can tell you there behaviour is nothing to write about.
They sold a TV to me at Alaba,after making the payment ,I was given one yeye receipt of no testing no guarantee on it.
If not for my doggedness i wont have collected my money back.Many Igbo people were watching us fight without interfering to our cause.But Yorubas cannot see u duping people in daytime without putting mouth to settle the fracas,u will see them asking what happens.
At Arena I paid one Igbo man to recoil my DC motor,after collected 5k in advance. This man told me he travels to Village, I went to Arena several time to complaint to his accomplish,only to see them speaking language on phone and the person that knew me denied knowing me.I have to begged the guy for my DC motor,but my 5k had gone
First, thank you for your words about me being mature in response....

If that was really your experience, that is bad. Playing smart as in to outsmart one with intention to dupe ain't business, it's stealing.

Meanwhile, as for this stuff which comes in all shades to show stealing or fraud it's what the good will speak against irrespective of which tribe perpetuates it. That's why it is good for the good people to speak out against evil...

Like in the case of AY and Basketmouth that's trending now, I see Igbo casting Basket even though he is one of them and AY yoruba (but that isn't to say he is guilty or ay is, since one doesn't know completely what had transpired but from AY, account it appeared basket was the one who did bad. Hence the attack ..)

Same with ekweremadu ..... You'll see fellow Igbo castigating him and stating how karma has caught up with him and all that .........

So this lays more credence to the fact good should speak out against evil in the face of it.

Yet I'm going to highlight something more to you. Read below

I have once been an exco in a fellowship when I was schooling in one of the southwestern states. To cut the long story short, it happened such that they were to give posts to us to turn us from just workers to excos. Guess what ? It went on, and they gave me one and gave someone the papa post (mentioning these two cos they're only relevant to this discussion ).
The guy couldn't run the fellowship - always from one issue to the other. I could remember he kept running to me for advice.

Along the line in the heat of those brouhaha, one of us who happened to me my friend too and also a yoruba , she now told me like a secret that this post they gave to this brother so so and so, that it was supposed to be me. That infact my name was the one submitted. They had to change it at the last minute to him.

And it was obvious why the people that did that did it.....

So even inside the fellowship, this was my experience ... I was dissapointed not because it has always been said of yoruba being backstabbers but that it even happened in the church. But the good thing it was to me was that, just like normal, I wasn't even wishing for such. If you are in this space you'd understand really this reality.

So, here it is the usual notion of both tribes that we both have highlighted (to Igbo it is said to fraud one, to yoruba it is backstbing ) but these aren't enough to cause tribal offence.

If for example a tribe is known for killing another tribe then it fits in as tribal offence of sort....

So my dear brother you can now see.

So actually, the main thing that could stand as a real fault one can hold for tribalism to be brewing isn't here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu And Guinea President. Relationship / The Person Who Has Worked The Hardest To Deal With Tinubu Is A Yoruba / US Illiois Court Placed Our Supreme Court Under Internation Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.