Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey (73503 Views)

Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by BigIyanga: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2023
Eriokanmi:
far better abroad. Regardless of your tribe, you're treated as brothers and sisters. Ghanaians too. I had a robust relationship with one. He's such a great brother. Anyone in doubt should try any of the kokoyes( Mexicans) angry. You go see madness, confam. Dem no even send dem pikin.

East or west, north or south, no place like Nigeria. Those who ran back home to join politics under the guise of serving their father land would know better. Ask femi gbajabiamila with his long stay in America if he could afford to school in havard. Ovie omo-agege too. That's why I didn't blame gbaja during ASUU strike last year when he posted the picture of himself taking lectures at havard
Cos average Naija is an oppressor-in-waiting… Waiting for the right time to corruptly enrich himself..
folks like you adulate them… but the odds of you becoming a local government chairman in Naija are like 1 out of 5 million. So you’ll die a pauper and be buried with your lofty dreams

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Eriokanmi: 11:49am On Apr 02, 2023
BigIyanga:

Cos average Naija is an oppressor-in-waiting… Waiting for the right time to corruptly enrich himself..
folks like you adulate them… but the odds of you becoming a local government chairman in Naija are like 1 out of 5 million. So you’ll die a pauper and be buried with your lofty dreams
I'm not even a politician. I'm more comfortable than most of them dying to occupy political offices. If only those chasing politics could pray that God shows them the way, they'd hate politics with passion.

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
your funny. try comedy. bro its all about the dollars. if you like show up from mars without papers but you have the 40 thousand dollars a year tuition , they will enrol you sharp sharp

This isn't correct.

A US institution's Admission letter is almost always more than enough to GUARANTEE a VISA so a school need not be fraudulent to secure paperwork for prospective students.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

This isn't correct.

A US institution's Admission letter is almost always more than enough to GUARANTEE a VISA so a school need not be fraudulent to secure paperwork for prospective students.
bro millions of mexicans walk in through the border illegally and many attend universities without papers

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Dedeity: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
9jaRealist:

Don’t worry, you’ll come back as a Mexican - or Honduran! grin grin grin
>
Mexico is far better than Nigeria
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Berankis: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
I just feel that any time you see a Nigerian outrightly stating that he/she prefers to deal with Nigerians only should be a red flag. It's most likely a scam! And they know they can't pull that crap with the whites or natives but naive Nigerians.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
bro millions of mexicans walk in through the border illegally and many attend universities without papers

Now you're exaggerating.

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

Now you're exaggerating.

google SANCTUARY STATES. in those states no one is allowed to ask about your immigration status. you soundd like someone who has not been on a plane

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by whirlwind7(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
Controlla123:

If I report her, dem go say I dey find the downfall of my fellow Nigerian

Really silly mindset you got.
I stopped reading any further once I saw this.
If you've decided it isn't worth reporting, why drag your sob story here?
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
google SANCTUARY STATES. in those states no one is allowed to ask about your immigration status. you soundd like someone who has not been on a plane

Saying there are Millions of Illegal migrants in US is different from saying their are Millions of Illegal migrant STUDENTS registered as bonafide student in US Universities.

And you know the one I mean.

An admission to a US school more than likely GUARANTEES a Visa so why the illegality when you're already paying tuition.

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

Saying there are Millions of Illegal migrants in US is different from saying their are Millions of Illegal migrant STUDENTS registered as bonafide student in US Universities.

And you know the one I mean.

An admission to a US school more than likely GUARANTEES a Visa so why the illegality when you're already paying tuition.
you are assuming that everyone trying to enter the USA has education in mind. these mexicans troop in through the border illegally to do manual labor. it is after many years of dead end manual labor they decide maybe college is a better option. so they move to a sanctuary state and enrol in college

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
you are assuming that everyone trying to enter the USA has education in mind. these mexicans troop in through the border illegally to do manual labor. it is after many years of dead end manual labor they decide maybe college is a better option. so they move to a sanctuary state and enrol in college

The bane of this thread is a Post graduate STUDENT migrant in a US university FROM NIGERIA NOT Mexico.

Your comparison with Mexico farm hand migrants is OFF. Since I'm referring to a Nigerian bonafide STUDENT!

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

The bane of this thread is a Post graduate STUDENT migrant in a US university FROM NIGERIA NOT Mexico.

Your comparison with Mexico farm hand migrants is OFF. Since I'm referring to a Nigerian bonafide STUDENT!
you said its impossible to be in university in the usa and be illegal. dont shift the goalpost . accept your defeat like a man
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
you said its impossible to be in university in the usa and be illegal. dont shift the goalpost . accept your defeat like a man

Quote me where I said that.

I'm waiting.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

Quote me where I said that.

I'm waiting.

Asour:

That's US culture.

In Nigeria (this fellow just came from Nigeria) people AVOID having to involve the police as much as possible in any matter. It would take time to get used to the US way.

Also the paper issue should be dispelled by him being a student.

Do you reckon a bonafide US graduate student is an illegal immigrant?
Is that possible?
obviously you thought it impossible hence your bolded question. NEXT cheesy
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by BigIyanga: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I'm not even a politician. I'm more comfortable than most of them dying to occupy political offices. If only those chasing politics could pray that God shows them the way, they'd hate politics with passion.
It doesnt matter.. you’re better than who? Tinubus, Obis, Adelekes, Atekes, Obasanjos, Buharis, OUKs… abeg park your delusion for your garage b4 coming online. Lol
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by BigIyanga: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:

obviously you thought it impossible hence your bolded question. NEXT cheesy
It’s impossible. If you’re a bonafide student in in school, you can never be an illegal immigrant.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:

obviously[b] you thought[/b] it impossible hence your bolded question. NEXT cheesy

Thanks for confirming that was your opinion of my thoughts.
However, I never said it's Impossible. I asked a question.

Nevermind that it's in the millions as you've claimed.

Again my point is that why the hassle for illegality when the an admission Almost guarantees a VISA.
Why take the window when being a bonafide student opens the door for you.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by BigIyanga: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
This comparison is out of place. You need to know the difference btw non-immigrant and immigrant visa processes first.
A bonafide student in the US, even though with expired visa cannot be classified as illegal immigrant.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
BigIyanga:

It’s impossible. If you’re a bonafide student in in school, you can never be an illegal immigrant.

College Admission Policies
Undocumented students may incorrectly assume that they cannot legally attend college in the United States. However, there is no federal or state law that prohibits the admission of undocumented immigrants to U.S. colleges, public or private.

https://counselors.collegeboard.org/financial-aid/undocumented-students#:~:text=College%20Admission%20Policies,U.S.%20colleges%2C%20public%20or%20private.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
BigIyanga:

This comparison is out of place. You need to know the difference btw non-immigrant and immigrant visa processes first.
A bonafide student in the US, even though with expired visa cannot be classified as illegal immigrant.
Undocumented students may incorrectly assume that they cannot legally attend college in the United States. However, there is no federal or state law that prohibits the admission of undocumented immigrants to U.S. colleges, public or private.

https://counselors.collegeboard.org/financial-aid/undocumented-students#:~:text=College%20Admission%20Policies,U.S.%20colleges%2C%20public%20or%20private.

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

Thanks for confirming that was your opinion of my thoughts.
However, I never said it's Impossible. I asked a question.

Nevermind that it's in the millions as you've claimed.

Again my point is that why the hassle for illegality when the an admission Almost guarantees a VISA.
Why take the window when being a bonafide student opens the door for you.
SOME peoples visa got denied. hence the illegality
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
[quote author=Asour post=122240790][/quote]may is different from CANT
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
may is different from CANT

So why was the statement included?

If legal limitations don't apply to an immigrant, isn't it LITERALLY implied that such an immigrant is assumed legal?
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
SOME peoples visa got denied. hence the illegality

And the school still held them in as bonafide students?

The point then is the CULPABLE schools NOT just the illegal immigrant.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

So why was the statement included?

If legal limitations don't apply to an immigrant, isn't it LITERALLY implied that such an immigrant is assumed legal?

you know why I can have this conversation boldly with you ? Because I did it. Went to visit my brother in Chicago and I loved it so much at the time and overstayed my visa and became illegal. While illegal I got my degree in Chicago and graduated. Of course I rectified my status later but the point is I was illegal and got a degree from the USA . So this is experience talking.

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Asour: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
you know why I can have this conversation boldly with you ? Because I did it. Went to visit my brother in Chicago and I loved it so much at the time and overstayed my visa and became illegal. While illegal I got my degree in Chicago and graduated. Of course I rectified my status later but the point is I was illegal and got a degree from the USA . So this is experience talking.

There's a difference between one with an expired VISA (but who came documented) which you said you are & an undocumented immigrant, which the Mexicans usually are.

In your case the Institution failed to run a check through the US immigration on your stay legality — even though you were not undocumented. And that's a gap. However YOU GOT a VISA to the US First.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by sukkot: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

There's a difference between one with an expired VISA (but who came documented) which you said you are & an undocumented immigrant, which the Mexicans usually are.

In your case the Institution failed to run a check through the US immigration on your stay legality — even though you were not undocumented. And that's a gap. However YOU GOT a VISA to the US First.

illegal is illegal and my best friend in college then was a hispanic kid called juan Diaz and he was a straight up wAlk through the border illegal with no papers whatsoever but we were classmates

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Rdfactor(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Nobody said he should be quiet. He made the right move. I only harped on his decision to pay so much on a rent as a student when there were cheaper options for him as suggested by the moniker i responded to. He can't even confront the police in that case cos his source of funds would he questioned. He'd be exposing himself to needless issues , if he does that. As a student, you have a whole lot of options available
to you, when it comes to cheaper accommodation. I guess he wantedprivacy and do big boi, the naija style, which doesn't work for many. You cut your coat according to your material.

I thought he said he's in New Jersey? Rent of $700+ per month isn't too high in New Jersey. That's only normal. If you understand how expensive New Jersey is. Even average apartment in Midwest states, you pay up to or more than that, and for that for an apartment that's not close to school at all. Apartment in the $700 range can have shuttle to convey you to school. If it's really close to school, expect to pay in the $1200 to $1500 per month. And this will be on the high side for places with better opportunities like New Jersey, New York, California, Texas etc etc
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by BigCowHornn: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Asour:

That's US culture.

In Nigeria (this fellow just came from Nigeria) people AVOID having to involve the police as much as possible in any matter. It would take time to get used to the US way.

Also the paper issue should be dispelled by him being a student.

Do you reckon a bonafide US graduate student is an illegal immigrant?
Is that possible?

I'm currently based in Lagos so I know how people behave here too
You can stay in the US for years without papers like Mexicans do or with the wrong papers like criminals do but your kanda will burst the day an integrity check is run on you and it normally starts with a simple police request report or suspicious

Please note my first comment here was that the ops action is why Nigeria is so bad

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by koboko69: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Cant you report her to police there.

Lol. Police nor go do shit. Na civil matter. They will tell you to go to small claims court to sue her

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is Ojodu-Berger Bus Stop Toilet The Most Sophisticated Public Toilet In Nigeria? / Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / MC Oyeniyi Shogo: How Airline Official Recognized Me From Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.