Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey (73358 Views)

Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Klass99(f): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2023

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by ShaqFu: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:

If I report her, dem go say I dey find the downfall of my fellow Nigerian
who will tell you that nonsense?

A fellow Nigerian who want to scam you? Please, report her ass. She a thief.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Johnn74: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Cant you report her to police there.
🙌
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by alfa666: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Then you never ready yet na grin grin except you are there illegally, I don't see why you are yet to go to the police

It's not a police matter. No crime has been committed. Yet.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Onyeziokwu(m): 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tadadobe:

If this guy were to be White, that woman will never treat her that way. Because she knows she'll get messed up in no time

Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by MasterTeeUSA: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
What people go through here is crazy but since she is Naija...get a lawyer, preferably American and sue her since you have the text, payments and all your expenses. She will be forced to reimburse at least your expenses and your legal fees. You should be able to find one on ProBono. Keep us posted

Controlla123:
To my greatest surprise, on the day I was supposed to move in, she said she was going to drop the key at the entrance, and later, she said she will be home soon that I should give her some hours. I had already packed my stuffs, ordered uber and stuffs my belongings inside, only for me to get a message from Mrs Rita stating some gibberish excuse that she is not putting up the room for rent again bacause her daughter was coming back and she might cause some trouble. I initially thought i interpretted the message wrong, but after re-reading the text, I knew that I was dealing with a hopeless, and morally dysfunctional woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Johnn74: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
rooftops:
I am sure that remaining 100dollars is what she was after all through.
I can't imagine how many people she has/and will be doing this thing to.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Nimrod81: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Then you never ready yet na grin grin except you are there illegally, I don't see why you are yet to go to the police
And if she didn't refund you from the same account you sent the deposit to, better inform the police of the suspicious transaction before them go don use your account do picker. Be smart.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by flokii: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
@OP I hope you've reported her to the Police over there?. now I see why guys abroad advice our people to avoid fellow Nigerians once they go abroad
Just imagine this one now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Vikynas: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
All i see here is Good morning, Good morning!!
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by EgunMogaji2: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
I’m not proud of what I’m going to say but in my 33 years in the USA I made a total of 5 Nigerian friends.

We’re just generally bad people.

Hope you get your money back. Not sure if they have small claims court where you are.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Epinbiz(m): 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
We are here
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Eriokanmi: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rdfactor:

Please has she refunds you Find posting for graduate assistantships in your school
Or you can consult your department if they have openings for TA/RA. That's easy if you're a STEM.
Which school are you tho?
Good advice. But I guess the guy wan do big boi lol. He should know better. Maybe he's Dangote's son cos that's too high for his level.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
madscientist88:
besides my family members and personal friends,i dont frankly think i want to meet any Nigerian abroad, most of them are an embarrassment.its sad.

Nigerians are better o don't even go there!

U never jam mental whitee

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Johnn74: 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Beware. Rita Akhigbe is low life Scammer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Exmilitant(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
abba09:
type well next time
his grammar sucks for one running a masters program abroad.

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Klass99(f): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by LastProphet: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
How is $700/month on the high side? Is it not new Jersey again abi the house is a dumpster

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by abba09: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Exmilitant:
ofcourse
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by juman(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
If I see any nigerian, I be togolese.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by lexy2014: 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:

Then why are you disturbing us with your story? What do you want us to do about it?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Dindondin(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
God1000:
Please report her to the police if doesn't refund your money, don't go and confront her oo
Controlla123, report her to Police. This isn't Nigeria.
You are in a place where there's law and order. Morseso, she didn't empathize with you so don't sympathize with her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by pocohantas(f): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
After she called you “MY BROTHER”

I knew she was about to rip you badly.

grin grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by edorhe14(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:

Na You be the Mugu no offence
people like this should be thought a valuable lesson so she doesnt do it another person.
Sometimes some of these people just take advantage of the fact that you're new and dont know your way around.
If push comes to shove she will be playing the sex card.
Pls report her accordingly let her learn her lesson

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by lexy2014: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
LastProphet:
How is $700/month on the high side? Is it not new Jersey again abi the house is a dumpster

Is it from your pocket he collected the money?

5 Likes

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Akharmony: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Very funny self entitlement character even when it most clear that she fail in doing the right thing.Me wey deh SA have had some horrible experience with my fellow country people. I sometimes just wonder if traveling abroad truly change this people. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by juman(m): 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Dont report to police, she would refund your money.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by quickly: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:
To my greatest surprise, on the day I was supposed to move in, she said she was going to drop the key at the entrance, and later, she said she will be home soon that I should give her some hours. I had already packed my stuffs, ordered uber and stuffs my belongings inside, only for me to get a message from Mrs Rita stating some gibberish excuse that she is not putting up the room for rent again bacause her daughter was coming back and she might cause some trouble. I initially thought i interpretted the message wrong, but after re-reading the text, I knew that I was dealing with a hopeless, and morally dysfunctional woman.

if you didnt sign contract there is not u can do

also if the contract says the deal is at will of both parties you are out of luck.

Normally b4 they give u house for rent you do a 1 payment agreement and u might have deposit.

So it seems she was helping u in this case.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by ChristineC: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
use the small claims court in your area. if you let this go then I suspect you are also a terrible individual.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by finallybusy: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
One thing I do not like in this Nairaland is any thread where the story is more than two comment boxes. I'm out.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Exmilitant:

But you still love it when whites speak poor grammer on TV.

English na him mother tongue?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Eriokanmi: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Nigerians are better o don't even go there!

far better abroad. Regardless of your tribe, you're treated as brothers and sisters. Ghanaians too. I had a robust relationship with one. He's such a great brother. Anyone in doubt should try any of the kokoyes( Mexicans) angry. You go see madness, confam. Dem no even send dem pikin.

East or west, north or south, no place like Nigeria. Those who ran back home to join politics under the guise of serving their father land would know better. Ask femi gbajabiamila with his long stay in America if he could afford to school in havard. Ovie omo-agege too. That's why I didn't blame gbaja during ASUU strike last year when he posted the picture of himself taking lectures at havard

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why A Nigerian Was Denied Schengen Visa (Refusal Letter) / Japa: See crowd At The UK Embassy In Nigeria / Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.