Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey (73583 Views)

Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Ashawoman82: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

We all know rudeness is no excuse. The woman is devious. As soon as OP got rude, she jumped on it. That will now be her defense.

US police are not as daft as ours, look at the rubbish u are even saying, what kind of defence would she make with this kind of excuse eh...better shut up if u don't know what to say

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Rebuker(m): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
My own experience eh, let me not even start because I won't finish.

Though there are still some wonderful Nigerians out there that will even make you wonder if there're real human or Angels in human form.

2 Likes

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by GogetterMD(m): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:
I had a very nasty experience with a Nigerian in New Jersey recently. I recently just moved to the United States last Fall for my graduate school in New Jersey. Upon getting to the United States, I stayed with a friend that I have known from university in Nigeria so as to find my bearing as well as deal with transition. After styaing with the friend for a couple of months, I felt it was time to get a place to stay so as to be more independent and face my challenges.

Na your fraudulent landlady be this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by 1Sharon(f): 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ashawoman82:
US police are not as daft as ours, look at the rubbish u are even saying, what kind of defence would she make with this kind of excuse eh...better shut up if u don't know what to say

You're the one that needs to shut up. Failure to return deposit is a civil issue, not criminal. No need mentioning "US police".
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by iammolise(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Don't u know b4... We are wicked to one another, that's the reason we have't moved forward as a nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by youngrichnigga: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Try complain to the civil court like judge Judy shown on TV and see her paying that $100 in multiple folds up to ten for trying to swindle you and wasting your time, so irresponsible of her undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by pacespot(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

We all know rudeness is no excuse. The woman is devious. As soon as OP got rude, she jumped on it. That will now be her defense.

Sorry to say this, but you are a big mugu for talking like this. Even it is that rudeness that will quicken the process of collecting the money back from her. Who talks nicely to a fraudster, she will just be posting you with excuses and lies which are the cheapest in their closest. She will delay the payment, frustrate the guy and even try to come up with another means to dupe him. You have never dealt with a scammer that is why you talk like this, rudeness is like a big blow to their chest, it confuses them and destroys their scamming plan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by President2001(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
The woman did not have any fault, lack of truth from your path make you end up not getting the apartment, according to your statement the woman don't want unfaithful fellow like you around her, instead of you open up on when you will pay security level you keep on posting her, I believe by the time we heard from her you will still be blame
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
That is total and utter nonsense! Did she end up giving you the remaining $100? If not, call the Police. She is a fraud and a scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Oceanfl0w: 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
Judge Judy kind of job ;😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by DanAugust2021: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Klass99:
OP sorry o, this Rita Akhigbe is a terrible person who lacks integrity. And yes I deliberately put her name there I will pull down my post when I feel like.

E be like say you dey ment o...... and here I was feeling sorry for you grin. Please report her already or threaten to do so unless you get a refund from her. Like what the hell is wrong with you?
E be like say OP get skeleton for cupboard, the reason he doesn't want to involve the authorities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by pacespot(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Dedeity:
Many Nigerians are demons in human form. In my next world, I would not want to near Africa instead make I no come at all

The problem with Nigerians in diaspora is that, if you meet the wrong person who is a scammer, he will believe that you as a fellow Nigerian should become one of his scam victims. Nigerians always try to be rude to each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by GreyLaw(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

She has no defense. US no be Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Qc1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
Goodman247:
Any time you hear l am a Nigerian in d diaspora, run, run run for your dear life

So true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Antai123(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
That woman had a plan for you prior to your moving in, but when she realized her daughter may also want the same deal with you grin grin grin.. she had to back out!... grin grin

Bro, u missed!!!!.... Sorry ooo shocked shocked grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by 1Sharon(f): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
pacespot:

Sorry to say this, but you are a big mugu for talking like this. Even it is that rudeness that will quicken the process of collecting the money back from her. Who talks nicely to a fraudster, she will just be posting you with excuses and lies which are the cheapest in their closest. She will delay the payment, frustrate the guy and even try to come up with another means to dupe him. You have never dealt with a scammer that is why you talk like this, rudeness is like a big blow to their chest, it confuses them and destroys their scamming plan

You're absolutely wrong. Rudeness is will make them get defensive and use that as their shield.

Why do you think friends often fall out after money is lent? Same concept.

The lender gets frustrated and gets rude. And the debtor clings onto that

"Since you are being rude to me, you won't be getting your money"
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Zorn: 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

Please that's no how to treat issues, you don't treat dubious people with respect. The guy was never disrespectful in the first place the woman's attitude prompted it. I don't know why you people reason upside down in this country. Gosh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Semaj77(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

Defense for what , The woman get luck say no be me she try am with. I don use police arrest my one time best friend and family friend when he tried to dupe me. My family and his were pissed with me for not informing family first before taking that action

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Rdfactor(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Good advice. But I guess the guy wan do big boi lol. He should know better. Maybe he's Dangote's son cos that's too high for his level.

If he let her get away with that, the woman will try it on another person and the cycle only continues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by BigCowHornn: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:

If I report her, dem go say I dey find the downfall of my fellow Nigerian

This is why Nigeria doesn't wok

Perhaps your papers are not right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Tektronics12: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Your Problem..
Controlla123:
Having paid the rent, I also ordered new mattress and other utilities directly to the apartment, that way, i would save me more cost of moving things. However, things did not turn out as planned, as I have already spend over $1000 for the security deposit, and other utilities delivered to the new address.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by DanAugust2021: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
President2001:
The woman did not have any fault, lack of truth from your path make you end up not getting the apartment, according to your statement the woman don't want unfaithful fellow like you around her, instead of you open up on when you will pay security level you keep on posting her, I believe by the time we heard from her you will still be blame
This your gibberish no make sense at all. She has to refund all of the money plus time wasted. If OP carry her go court, come prove say him incur extra charges plus she waste him time, him go cash out from her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by tonicyril: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:
Like, who the hell does that!!! WHO FORCED YOU TO PUT UP THE PLACE FOR RENT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE??

DIDNT YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER INITIALLY

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE VERY DAY I WAS GOING TO MOVE IN

How I was able to get a new place that very day was only GOD! The problem now is how to get my funds back and my other stuffs. After getting a new place, I texted her to send my money asap that I need it to pay for my new place since she no longer want to give out her place.

This evil woman still wanted to frustrate me, and didn't even want to refund my deposit
I tot u guys said over there laws are bn abided...so why are u afraid to call the cops on her

2 Likes

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by pacespot(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

You're absolutely wrong. Rudeness is will make them get defensive and use that as their shield.

You've painted a different scenario, these two are no friends, remember?

1 Like

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by AngelicBeing: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
I’m not proud of what I’m going to say but in my 33 years in the USA I made a total of 5 friends.

We’re just generally bad people.

Hope you get your money back. Not sure if they have small claims court where you are.
You are correct, let me reserve the experience l had with a Nigerian shipper and his wife on how they treated me and when l went to confront them openly and expressed my dissatisfaction,it ended up in the reverse, it is a long story, the summary is keep some Nigerians at arms length for your peace of mind or completely avoid some Nigerians angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Niyonice(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nigerian doing evil to each other, so bad

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. Whatsapp 08111 thirty fifty 81

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by Burgerlomo: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Dis one is very interesting abeg driver drop me here😆
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by uchdavinci: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
Go to court.
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by President2001(m): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
DanAugust2021:
This your gibberish no make sense at all. She has to refund all of the money plus time wasting. If OP carry her go court, come prove say him incur extra charges plus she waste him time, him go cash out from her.
I understand the part of refunding but most of Nigerian misbehave a lot when they have opportunity meeting their fellow Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by yemi1504: 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Controlla123:
Like, who the hell does that!!! WHO FORCED YOU TO PUT UP THE PLACE FOR RENT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE??

DIDNT YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR DAUGHTER INITIALLY

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE VERY DAY I WAS GOING TO MOVE IN

How I was able to get a new place that very day was only GOD! The problem now is how to get my funds back and my other stuffs. After getting a new place, I texted her to send my money asap that I need it to pay for my new place since she no longer want to give out her place.

This evil woman still wanted to frustrate me, and didn't even want to refund my deposit

You see why I say Nigerian followers are no different from their leaders? So when I get that saying that Nigerians are blessed with bad leaders without mentioning they come from bad followers too, I get annoyed! Now you can see what we are saying now!
Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by DanAugust2021: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:

E be like say you think say na naija the thing happen. Na Amerika e happen o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey by IamV: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
1Sharon:
You messed by getting rude to her. Now she'll cling onto that and use it as an excuse to not refund your deposit.

If there's a way to leave a review do that.

Here you are, blaming the victim.
He did nothing wrong,she was only gaslighting him ,and unfortunately,he couldn't recognize that.
She's very very manipulative,and such character don't deserve to be respected.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / MC Oyeniyi Shogo: How Airline Official Recognized Me From Instagram / Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.