Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji (15073 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / See What They Did To These Two Boys In A Nigerian Universty (Graphic Pics) / 25 ABSU Students Arrested For Cultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by aloyemeka1: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Gang violation: Abia State Govt Denies Rapists Are ABSU Students[/size]

Like I told you all on Saturday, we contacted one of the aides of the Governor of Abia State and they told us that they would do an investigation and get back to us. They called me the following day (yesterday) to say they have concluded their investigations. Result - The boys in the video are not students of Abia State University. They called the VC of the school, the VC told them it didn't happen in the school, end of story!

Seriously, I'm not surprised by this statement - no institution wants to be associated with something like this, so I understand, but here's the problem; in fact two issues.

Firstly; One of the girls I spoke with said these boys are from my school. I said what school? She said ABSU. A lot of students there have different versions of this video. And one of them said to me, I don't believe these boys will be caught, we came out with this evidence because we want people outside of this region to know what happens 'sometimes' in these parts. Girls are gang violated and nobody is doing anything about it. Most of the time, the victims don't say anything, and when they do, people ask them 'Wetin you sef do the boys'? Like it's your fault you were violated.

Secondly: How can the school authority say without any reservations that these boys are not their students when their faces didn't even show in the video? Can you tell who your students are by their silhouettes and voices? If there's no Law faculty in Abia State University, then I apologize, maybe I was misinformed; but if there's a law faculty in this school, then I think the school needs to thoroughly investigate this, because one of the boys said he's a 400L student of Law, names were mentioned,

So far, it doesn't look like ABSU is interested in doing a proper investigation. The VC said there's nothing in the video that indicates it's ABSU and has asked Student Union President to issue a statement exonerating the school.

Please continue,

See, here's my point - if these boys' faces had been very clear in the video, and the school authority had taken still photographs from video and passed the photos round the campus to fish out these boys, and students in the school don't recognize any of them, then ABSU can say with all authority that these students are not from their school, but that's not the case here. So saying without any reservations that these boys aren't from their school holds no water.

Well, the State Government and ABSU have concluded their investigations, now it's the turn of the police, let's see what they come up with.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/gang-violation-abia-state-govt-denies.html
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Mcleo007(m): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
Hmmmmmm! When has the governor of a state become the mouth-piece for the institution in his state? Whtever happened to the VC/the-right-people- to-present-the-correct-info
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by aloyemeka1: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2011
The VC denied they are students too. Why are these boys difficult to identify when they have video and their voices?. How did they get that video in the first place?.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by aljharem3: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2011
aloy/emeka:

The VC denied they are students too. Why are these boys difficult to identify when they have video and their voices?. How did they get that video in the first place?.

very stu.pid question from a dull person

IT WAS RECORDED olodo
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Mcleo007(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2011
Thats Nigeria for u.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by friedrice1: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
Nothing reasonable comes from Theodore Ochendo Orji.
I am surprised you guys are surprised at his response.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by aloyemeka1: 11:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
alj_harem:

very stu.pid question from a dull person

IT WAS RECORDED  olodo

May be you are the f00lish one here. Was it recorded by robots?. Who recorded it or did they pick it from the streets?. Something is not right with this story.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by ReachRich(m): 12:29am On Sep 20, 2011
One of the rapists must be the son of a high profile individual frm the state.That explains the reason why the school authority would not investigate the matter.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by chamber2(m): 1:16am On Sep 20, 2011
One of the boys in the video said he is a 400 level law student.

And a student of absu on NL confirmed that the incident actually happened in absu

Theodore Orji is a dimwit
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by whobemumu(m): 1:21am On Sep 20, 2011
IF HE KNOWS THEY ARE NOT ABSU STUDENTS THEN IT EITHER MEANS HE KNOWS ALL ABSU STUDENTS OR HE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE

I FIND THE FORMER IMPROBABLE , THE LATTER IS MORE LIKELY .
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by mallorca(m): 1:25am On Sep 20, 2011
Failed Nation
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by emmatok(m): 1:28am On Sep 20, 2011
aloy/emeka:

May be you are the f00lish one here. Was it recorded by robots?. Who recorded it or did they pick it from the streets?. Something is not right with this story.

What is not right about the story, that the girl was violated?

Orji is very silly to make such comment without proper investigation.

Let him tell us who violated that poor girl, if he has his fact.

Evil Governor.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by seedord247(m): 1:43am On Sep 20, 2011
If they are not Abia Student then they must be Umuahia Student
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Sinju: 2:10am On Sep 20, 2011
To determine if these boys are students in ABSU or not, one first has to know who they are. Until their identities are established no one can say with any confidence that they are not students of the school.

Posting anything on the internet or sending messages to cellphones is not as anonymous as we think. If the police are serious, they will find these boys. Until then the VC and governor can feel free to SHUT UP.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by aloyemeka1: 2:36am On Sep 20, 2011
emmatok:

What is not right about the story, that the girl was violated?

Orji is very silly to make such comment without proper investigation.

Let him tell us who violated that poor girl, if he has his fact.

Evil Governor.

How are you sure the video is real?. Anybody who attended college in Nigeria should know that there is no way these boys will remain anonymous till now even if their father is IBB. Are you saying that no ABSU law student has seen this report online and made inquiries on their own?. Theodore Orji investigated through the VC and they could not identify any student who matched the voices and faces on the video including the lady.

Let us learn to keep our emotions in check. Was it not somebody who leaked the video to the press or whomever?. Why don't they start from there and ask him/her how he/she obtained the video?. What is the big deal about identifying 5 boys in a school that has roughly 3000 students?. What is the big deal identifying one boy in a 4th year law school that has not more than 60 students?. We are not talking DNA technology or rocket science here, are we?
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by htajz: 2:52am On Sep 20, 2011
nonsense is the girl not alive? she knows who they are, why dont they grab her and make her talk or expose who raped her , if they can get at least one of the boys am sure they will get the other, even a primary school student can get to the root of this, also am sure she knows the house where she was raped , wats so difficult in finding out who first posted the video and where they got it from.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by awardeez: 3:19am On Sep 20, 2011
If you wana know how empty headed nigerians are. then come on to NL and attempt to read their arguements,
Extremely
aloy/emeka:

How are you sure the video is real?. Anybody who attended college in Nigeria should know that there is no way these boys will remain anonymous till now even if their father is IBB. Are you saying that no ABSU law student has seen this report online and made inquiries on their own?. Theodore Orji investigated through the VC and they could not identify any student who matched the voices and faces on the video including the lady.

Let us learn to keep our emotions in check. Was it not somebody who leaked the video to the press or whomever?. Why don't they start from there and ask him/her how he/she obtained the video?. What is the big deal about identifying 5 boys in a school that has roughly 3000 students?. What is the big deal identifying one boy in a 4th year law school that has not more than 60 students?. We are not talking DNA technology or rocket science here, are we?
poor sense of reasoning and judgement, smh
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Walexsammy(m): 5:28am On Sep 20, 2011
I jst wached the video yestaday.doest look 2me to be a rape,becuz the girl in question answered a phone call while the act was going on & all she could say was that 'she's making her hair',moreover,we shld no 4get that even the girl's guidian hav not done anything or is it that they are not aware?
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 20, 2011
Walexsammy:

I jst wached the video yestaday.doest look 2me to be a violation,becuz the girl in question answered a phone call while the act was going on & all she could say was that 'she's making her hair',moreover,we shld no 4get that even the girl's guidian hav not done anything or is it that they are not aware?
Seriously if a gun was pointed at your Joystick, I bet you would do the same.

Offcourse she must have been under pressure and told to do so.

I doubt that poor girl wanted to fu!!ck 5 se!!x starved guys.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by slap1(m): 6:34am On Sep 20, 2011
I wonder why people are blaming the governor. How on earth can he know the students from that video?! Even if one of them said he's from ABSU, how can they be recognized when their faces didn't show?
But from another angle, there are some little clues in that video: the room and the student of law. It's possible to identify the room from the lodges around school, if you watch the video well. Infact, I could do that; but it's not my job. ( the room has a door net and a bit of the outside environment showed from the window).
Again, the law student mentioned having a car. How many 400L students of the law in ABSU has cars. . . ?I wonder why people are blaming the governor. How on earth can he know the students from that video?! Even if one of them said he's from ABSU, how can they be recognized when their faces didn't show?
But from another angle, there are some little clues in that video: the room and the student of law. It's possible to identify the room from the lodges around school, if you watch the video well. Infact, I could do that; but it's not my job. ( the room has a door net and a bit of the outside environment showed from the window).
Again, the law student mentioned having a car. How many 400L students of the law in ABSU has cars. . . ?
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by itiswell1(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2011
whobemumu:

IF HE KNOWS THEY ARE NOT ABSU STUDENTS THEN IT EITHER MEANS HE KNOWS ALL ABSU STUDENTS OR HE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE

I FIND THE FORMER IMPROBABLE , THE LATTER IS MORE LIKELY .

Good talk
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by camaldina(m): 6:41am On Sep 20, 2011
I AM EMBARRASSED BY THE WORDS OF THE GOVERNOR. HE IS A DISGRACE TO HIS OFFICE. IS HE EVEN LITERATE AT ALL?
HE'S THE STATE'S CHIEF EXECUTIVE AND SHOULD NOT HAVE STOOD SO LOW.

CAN THERE EVER BE JUSTICE FOR THE WEAK, DESTITUTE IN NIGERIA?

CAN THERE EVER BE?
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by camaldina(m): 6:46am On Sep 20, 2011
rokiatu:

Seriously if a gun was pointed at your Joystick, I bet you would do the same.

Offcourse she must have been under pressure and told to do so.

I doubt that poor girl wanted to fu!!ck 5 se!!x starved guys.

THE GIRL, HUM THAT GIRL, I SMELL RAT!

I BELIEVE THERE IS MORE TO THE WHOLE INCIDENT.

SHE IS SO DECENT THAT SHE COULD EVEN PICK A PHONE CALL WHILE BEING "RAPED"

CHINEKE!
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 20, 2011
Whatever happened to the girl in question? She is still alive, can't she talk?
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Iamdominiq(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2011
I'm a 400L Law student of ABSU, and those names that were mentioned looks kinda familiar to me, but i cnt judge without seeing the video first, I'm not really happy with this whole Rapin' thing and am also interested in fightin' the crime, just send the downloadin' link of the full video 2 this email-drnko2009@yahoo.com for voice clarification.! THANKS
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Ignatio(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2011
Is it that investigators don't want to or they can't? This is a very simple case. If actually it happened in ABSU rumours will be in d air n if followed properly will lead to apprehension of this guys.
Besides what makes it hard for the tape be traced back to its source?
Even cult hitmen in schools can be easily pointed out by students.
If Linda Ikeji truly wants to bring the cultists to justice she should put more effort not just calling the governors office and waiting for the police to fabricate their own lie too.
BTW did the girl disappear into thin air.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Sweetnecta: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2011
TO ALL NIGERIAN WOMEN;

WHEN A RAPIST COMES TO YOU GRAB HIS CRUTCHES and PULL DOWN HIS BALLS.

IF HE DOES NOT DIE, HE WILL BE HALF DEAD SO THAT THE AUTHORITY CAN GET TO HIM.

IF YOU CAN KILL HIM, DO IT. IT IS PERMISSIBLE IN ISLAM.

TO ALL NIGERIAN YOUNG MEN: THOSE OF YOU WHO TAKES ADVANTAGE OF WOMEN, SO MUCH SO THAT YOU FORCE SEX ON THEM, YOU ARE DISGRACE TO MANHOOD AND TO HUMANITY. EACH RAPIST IS WORSE THAN CATTLE.

YOU RAPISTS NEED TO CASTRATE YOURSELVES.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by snthesis(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2011
Iamdominiq:

I'm a 400L Law student of ABSU, and those names that were mentioned looks kinda familiar to me, but i cnt judge without seeing the video first, I'm not really happy with this whole Rapin' thing and am also interested in fightin' the crime, just send the downloadin' link of the full video 2 this email-drnko2009@yahoo.com for voice clarification.! THANKS
ole!!! grin grin u wan watch free mojo tongue
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Echepet(m): 8:27am On Sep 20, 2011
the level on how we take matters most especially in criminal case should be look into properly.its time we start upgrading from were we think our standards are.clues av been made to see who is d offender, jus because of shame n disgrace,rush conclusion are made already to boycot d image of oneself,cos of ur high profile in d country, investigatns shld b made,n prove who is right or wrong
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Iamdominiq(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2011
snthesis:

ole!!! grin grin u wan watch free mojo tongue
lolz this is really serious mehn.!
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2011
I think effort should be at getting d victim rap.ed to confess.
Re: The Boys In The Video Are Not ABSU Students - Governor Orji by igbsam(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2011
Why wont the girl in question come out and help with the investigations. This keeps me wondering. She must have known those guys in the first place. We all are going round circles and only this girl can help unravel these guys. I watched the video and i was so mad at the scenerio. I said to myself, if only these girl would just say something, or give us a clue, then we will head somewhere in apprehending them. But without her saying nothing, i guess we have nothing to say for now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Ebonyi, Kill Policeman / Robbery Suspect Awaiting Trial, Nabbed In Ondo After Snatching Policeman’s Car / Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.