Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,330 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? (15919 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Quitting My Jobs To Become An Influencer – Elon Musk / Please Who Have Ever Bought Item From Wish / Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by codesty: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes,
Zappo Android phone

broda shaggi Was used for their ads

They ended up scamming everyone.

They used the influencer to scam people

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by xevove2061: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bobrisky def buys products because of influencers
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by bigdammyj: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not at all
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by MNDY(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not me directly. My friend bought a pack of Sosa beverage when the drink was being heavily influenced on Twitter. I drank from the pack with him while staying with him. The popularly demanded orange flavour is actually great. Tastes exactly like sweet fresh orange. I am yet to taste it other flavours.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by mariahAngel(f): 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
ecolime:
From the angle of an entrepreneur, they are the cheapest means of advertisement. Nothing concern me with Google or Meta Ads again.

Trust me, influencer marketing works like magic on our people.

This generation is fixated on their phones and believes 'everything' they see online.

I swear, it does.
Especially on beauty products. πŸ˜€

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Golan007: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Heineken because of Champions League.

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by ugbanante: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
vertueptime:

Infact it's a reason not to buy it

Me too, I buy what I need. No influencer ministrations

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by yeyebrity: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
I have. I ordered some products from 'beauty secrets of April' because Ini Edo was constantly promoting all their products on her page at that time. I think she owns the company.

That would be my first time of buying a product because a celebrity was influencing it. I felt since Ini has a great skin, the products may be good after all.

I don't regret my purchase but I will not patronize them again because I realized that their rates were on the high side.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by mariahAngel(f): 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
xevove2061:
Bobrisky def buys products because of influencers

Bob is a major influencer o.
No try Bob o. Hahaha πŸ˜‚
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by NEROSKY(m): 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Never in my Life, that's girl's things

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by greatiyk4u(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
IGUODO GOKO CLEANSER HERBAL MEDICINE

The advert nearly killed many youths in the east that year, they were just abusing the drug.

The advert na mad

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Onyechejoy: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
Most people on Facebook who invested with Chinmark did so because of "influenza" he used.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by mariahAngel(f): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
MNDY:
Not me directly. My friend bought a pack of Sosa beverage when the drink was being heavily influenced on Twitter. I drank from the pack with him while staying with him. The popularly demanded orange flavour is actually great. Tastes exactly like sweet fresh orange. I am yet to taste it other flavours.

Now, I want to taste Sosa. cheesy
You see? It does work.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Protagonist(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
YES. I buy several products because of Davido. From Minimie chinchin to Da Viva Detergent to Martel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Golan007: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
Wetin be the name of that soap those days wey those yellow girls go dey dance for beach?

grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by house10studios: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
I avoid them

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by house10studios: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Expecially those crypto noise makers n exchange
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Adewale1603(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Only a fool will think olamide uses an itel phone

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by house10studios: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
ecolime:
From the angle of an entrepreneur, they are the cheapest means of advertisement. Nothing concern me with Google or Meta Ads again.

Trust me, influencer marketing works like magic on our people.

This generation is fixated on their phones and believes 'everything' they see online.

is that the question they ask u?
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by JetStar: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes. I've done so. I've signed up for services bought phones, and clothes because of influencers.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by eruchboy(m): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Yugoslavia

Ever since the issue of black diamond and davido came up.

And dubious estate with famous influencers.

Also crypto scams with top influencers

I stopped taking influencers serious.

I make research and be sure I used my head and decisions based on facts I gathered.

Influencers are no different from footballers made to wear kits even if they don't like it. They are all for the money.

Davido advertising for infinix but uses iphone

Wizkid advertising for techno but uses iphone.

Use your head
Davido & Racksterli😭😭

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Lovenorth: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nop
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by enuelly: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ndleabilli:
I recently relocated to Lagos and I'm actively seeking job opportunities as a HND holder in Metallurgical Engineering with completed NYSC and skills in website design, PHP/Laravel, UIUX and graphics design. I am open to any work opportunities and Please contact me.

Reach out if you are truly a good graphics designer.
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by jumper524(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
N3TRAL:
Before the Fifty Shades of Grey franchise, BMW was my second favourite German machine after Mercedes. I never loved the Audi.

After I watched Christian Grey handle the R8 and the Q7 in Darker and Freed respectively, with Anastasia in the front seat, I started scheming to own an Audi.

Bad news- I'm too poor to own any Audi. However, if I buy one in future (which I hope isn't electric), it would be because of Christian Grey πŸ˜‚.

BTW, I think Hero Beer is very popular and frequently requested for after Peter Obi's investment in the company was revealed (my observation and opinion). I've seen more people request for it lately last year and this year than ever. The company's revenue will definitely increase.
oga hero beer is cheeper. Low budget Heineken. That's why the patronage is higher.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by N3TRAL: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
jumper524:
oga hero beer is cheeper. Low budget Heineken. That's why the patronage is higher.

I'm a teetotaller so I don't know the prices. I just noticed that a lot of people request for it at malls, shops, bars, everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by mariahAngel(f): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Not directly

How exactly do you mean not directly?
Please explain. smiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by Bahamas95(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
Never!

Some of them don't even like the product but their mission is to deceive you to buy it. Broda Shaggi go dey drink odogwu bitters like tea, I sure say u nor go see any bottle of the drink for him house.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by lilioj: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Well I haven't bought a product marketed by an influencer but I have used an influencer on Instagram to market my product and people patronized me, so yes influencer marketing works!
Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by MNDY(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
mariahAngel:

Now, I want to taste Sosa. cheesy
You see? It does work.

Sosa is great! The orange flavour is amazing. I neva even drink am chilled since I dey drink am yet I am enjoying it wella. I saw a very big 1ltr plastic bottle of it going for 2k same price for a pack containing about 10 small plastic bottles.

I don't know, I find the small plastic bottles too expensive for its size whenever I come across them where they are sold in units though, but then again I conclude that the quality of the content wins its quantity.

Don't forget to give me feedback after you have a taste. The popular orange flavour I strongly recommend.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by mariahAngel(f): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
N3TRAL:

I'm a teetotaller so I don't know the prices. I just noticed that a lot of people request for it at malls, shops, bars, everywhere.

Did you know that word is pronounced titotla?
English! πŸ™„

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Bought A Product Because Of An Influencer? by N3TRAL: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
mariahAngel:

Did you know that word is pronounced titotla?
English! πŸ™„
Yes, I know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Economic Structure Of Nigeria By Simon Kolawole / How To Identify A Very Profitable Business Idea - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / GtBank Domiciliary Account = N50,000 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.