Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy (1552 Views)

Keep Your Dirty Nose Out Of Nigeria’s Affairs, Fani-kayode Attacks British Envoy / British Envoy Makes U-turn On Binani’s ‘guber Victory’ In Adamawa, Deletes Tweet / British Envoy Arrives In Court For Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 02, 2023
Jones said, “Yes, let’s be specific, there were some people, like Femi Fani-Kayode, what is he saying and why is he saying it? I don’t understand. It is wrong from my perspective that he will speak on behalf of a party and that party does not distance itself from him and say stop doing that. It is wrong to say that.

“I have said it before on this show, that if you live in London, you are a Londoner, a British-Pakistan, is a Londoner. The British Prime Minister lives in London. My boss, the British Foreign Secretary is clearly British-Sierra Leone and lives in London, they are Londoners.

“So, why is it that people who pay taxes, who work, who provide teachers, who built businesses, who create jobs, who live in Lagos, who happen to be from a different ethnicity to some other people are not Lagosians? Of course, they are.

“The strength of Lagos is its diversity, and if Lagos can’t be that kind of cosmopolitan melting pot of culture and language and all the things it should be, then really how is Lagos going to succeed?

“I think the right question to people who have been driving these ethnic kind of languages would be, when you go to cities around the world like London, what do you see when you see the success of those places? Because the success of those places are not built upon division but upon unity. I think there are people who are still using that kind of language should stop, and the party they represent should be saying to them stop now, this is not in our name and you are wrong.”

The envoy called on the APC to take firm position on the matter and proper action against this behaviour.

“To me it is really important, people who have said ‘I am part of a party’s press and media campaign’, well the party itself should say no you are not, and you should stop and we do not agree. I know that some leaders very clearly said we are about unity, and that is good, I encourage that. The problem is if you get the other people over here, who are very clearly associated with the party and giving you another message, and there isn’t any kind of calling out of that. What would you take from that as a voter?

“Certainly the people who were chanting anti-Igbo messages on Saturday, they certainly took something from what they read and what they saw, and what they heard. And that is wrong. So to me, I am not being an idealist about this, I recognize that people have different views on these things, but it is about the incitement, the kind of ethnic incitement, and that needs to stop.

On the visa ban threat, which the UK government issued against electoral offenders, Jones said “We have a list, we are working through our list but we don’t publish those names I know people say we should, but we have laws, and the law prevents us from doing that.

“The UK is a rule bound society, we don’t do that, but we do have a list, which we are working it through. We said we will do this and we will do this. And we are gathering the kind of information that will enable us do this, on specific individuals.

“We watched very closely, I was in Lagos the whole time, we have people on the ground in key places. The stuff is in the public domain as well, it is not difficult to find. So we won’t publish the names, we don’t do that, we can’t do that.”

He said that at the moment the list is between 5 and 10 and it is growing.”

https://leadership.ng/hate-speech-trouble-looms-for-apc-chieftain-fani-kayode-as-uk-considers-sanction/

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by shuttox: 8:18am On Apr 02, 2023
God will help us
We are blessed already

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 02, 2023
Funnily after this, federal government has been quiet and APC doing worse.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by N3TRAL: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2023
Always playing the victim card.

You are no victims. Just change your orientation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by SadiqBabaSani: 8:22am On Apr 02, 2023
Things can change at any time, at a point Japan Oppressed China, today the story is different.

What I know is that Oppression never ends well for the Oppressor, history says so.

The Igbos themselves when ever they are majority also carry out systemic oppression against minorities.

I as an Isoko man despite my admiration for the igbos don’t pity them because they don’t need my pity.

People that can thrive no matter what you throw at them don’t need my sympathies.

I shud be more concerned about my minority status as an Isoko man in Delta State.

If not now that we have a Senator in person of JOT for 20 years we bnn in political wilderness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by SadiqBabaSani: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2023
N3TRAL:

Power is transient.

You BATist shud av waited for Tinubu to be sworn in bfre you started your boasting

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by EastAlchemist: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Igbos are the scapegoats
Dumping all the problems on their head
And the others are laughing

Do people really want truth or they like drama?
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by aariwa(m): 8:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Instead of noise I like the Canadian lawyer than filed a case with ICC ..would love to see onanuga, olumo and Tinubu hanged by ICC like sadam and Charles Taylor
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by greatiyk4u(m): 8:32am On Apr 02, 2023
What is happening is to the advantage of igbos and igboland,
Many are getting sense and relocating their investment home these time around, necessity is the mother of invention

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by BabaO2: 8:39am On Apr 02, 2023
North4Obi23:
Jones said, “Yes, let’s be specific, there were some people, like Femi Fani-Kayode, what is he saying and why is he saying it? I don’t understand. It is wrong from my perspective that he will speak on behalf of a party and that party does not distance itself from him and say stop doing that. It is wrong to say that.

“I have said it before on this show, that if you live in London, you are a Londoner, a British-Pakistan, is a Londoner. The British Prime Minister lives in London. My boss, the British Foreign Secretary is clearly British-Sierra Leone and lives in London, they are Londoners.

“So, why is it that people who pay taxes, who work, who provide teachers, who built businesses, who create jobs, who live in Lagos, who happen to be from a different ethnicity to some other people are not Lagosians? Of course, they are.

“The strength of Lagos is its diversity, and if Lagos can’t be that kind of cosmopolitan melting pot of culture and language and all the things it should be, then really how is Lagos going to succeed?

“I think the right question to people who have been driving these ethnic kind of languages would be, when you go to cities around the world like London, what do you see when you see the success of those places? Because the success of those places are not built upon division but upon unity. I think there are people who are still using that kind of language should stop, and the party they represent should be saying to them stop now, this is not in our name and you are wrong.”

The envoy called on the APC to take firm position on the matter and proper action against this behaviour.

“To me it is really important, people who have said ‘I am part of a party’s press and media campaign’, well the party itself should say no you are not, and you should stop and we do not agree. I know that some leaders very clearly said we are about unity, and that is good, I encourage that. The problem is if you get the other people over here, who are very clearly associated with the party and giving you another message, and there isn’t any kind of calling out of that. What would you take from that as a voter?

“Certainly the people who were chanting anti-Igbo messages on Saturday, they certainly took something from what they read and what they saw, and what they heard. And that is wrong. So to me, I am not being an idealist about this, I recognize that people have different views on these things, but it is about the incitement, the kind of ethnic incitement, and that needs to stop.

On the visa ban threat, which the UK government issued against electoral offenders, Jones said “We have a list, we are working through our list but we don’t publish those names I know people say we should, but we have laws, and the law prevents us from doing that.

“The UK is a rule bound society, we don’t do that, but we do have a list, which we are working it through. We said we will do this and we will do this. And we are gathering the kind of information that will enable us do this, on specific individuals.

“We watched very closely, I was in Lagos the whole time, we have people on the ground in key places. The stuff is in the public domain as well, it is not difficult to find. So we won’t publish the names, we don’t do that, we can’t do that.”

https://leadership.ng/hate-speech-trouble-looms-for-apc-chieftain-fani-kayode-as-uk-considers-sanction/
Why comparing western world/state with an African country /state? Don't confuse people with your British /London habitation, it is clearly two different things, and there are lots of check and balances in same britain you cited as an example.
You guys are quick to mention business, what business if I may ask?, anyone could sell spare parts, used computer and accessories, if you took your time to know, the best of motor mechanics and computer technicians are not even ibos. In lagos, there is over $150B investments out of which $7B is of all ibo descents, so what business you are always over dramatizing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Tranquillity360: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2023
God have blessed Igbos.

Those that curse them shall be cursed forever.

Those that bless them shall be blessed too.

After the war that destroyed all the properties in Igbo land, confiscating of Igbos properties in other regions and stealing of all Igbos money in the bank by Awolowo.
They expected Igbos to come back to Nigeria as slaves and their servants.

We understand their grievance

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by MrBiGGEST(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2023
N3TRAL:

The victimisation mentality is now really annoying 🤒

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Things can change at any time, at a point Japan Oppressed China, today the story is different.

What I know is that Oppression never ends well for the Oppressor, history says so.

The Igbos themselves when ever they are majority also carry out systemic oppression against minorities.

I as an Isoko man despite my admiration for the igbos don’t pity them because they don’t need my pity.

People that can thrive no matter what you throw at them don’t need my sympathies.

I shud be more concerned about my minority status as an Isoko man in Delta State.

If not now that we have a Senator in person of JOT for 20 years we bnn in political wilderness

We need to understand the need to live where we're safe
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2023
BabaO2:

Why comparing western world/state with an African country /state? Don't confuse people with your British /London habitation, it is clearly two different things, and there are lots of check and balances in same britain you cited as an example.
You guys are quick to mention business, what business if I may ask?, anyone could sell spare parts, used computer and accessories, if you took your time to know, the best of motor mechanics and computer technicians are not even ibos. In lagos, there is over $150B investments out of which $7B is of all ibo descents, so what business you are always over dramatizing?
What is your net worth as a person?
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by OneBulletOnly: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2023
N3TRAL:

“So, why is it that people who pay taxes, who work, who provide teachers, who built businesses, who create jobs, who live in Lagos, who happen to be from a different ethnicity to some other people are not Lagosians? Of course, they are.😃😅🤣😄😀
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by OneBulletOnly: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2023
MrBiGGEST:

The victimisation mentality is now really annoying 🤒

“So, why is it that people who pay taxes, who work, who provide teachers, who built businesses, who create jobs, who live in Lagos, who happen to be from a different ethnicity to some other people are not Lagosians? Of course, they are.😀😄🤣😅😃
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 02, 2023
OneBulletOnly:

“So, why is it that people who pay taxes, who work, who provide teachers, who built businesses, who create jobs, who live in Lagos, who happen to be from a different ethnicity to some other people are not Lagosians? Of course, they are.😀😄🤣😅😃
They won't answer the British Envoy. They love the noise they make.
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by KAHBOOM: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2023
Support there freedom

Now it's clear they are oppressed arm Dem up against there oppressors
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2023
BabaO2:

You they him let those he mentioned as Londoner committe crimes they will remove the Londoner tagged the person with his nationalist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by flokii: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2023
British Envoy should come and carry all the Igbos from Lagos to Britain now.. na by force?

We say Yoruba politics is off limits to outsiders and this one is talking trash. is UK the same as Nigeria?
Today they will claim they are Nigerians, tomorrow they will claim biafra or death.. are those the kind of people to allow in our politics? NO! we don't want sabotage, thank you.

In few years from now. British kids will curse their parents for allowimg Indians, Pakistans etc. take over their lands. you people should be forming woke till you realize the damage y'all are doung to once upon a time Great Britain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Aldol: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2023
This calls for celebration to my brothers from the east? They have achieved another self pity.
That's what they always wanted. They wine and dine in self pity. Masters of the art of playing the victim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by KwuoteYourFada: 10:34am On Apr 02, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

I get every point you are making

But can you give me an instance where Igbos oppress other minorities in the south south

Even in Delta state

I'm really open to learning sir
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Aldol:
This calls for celebration to my brothers from the east? They have achieved another self pity.
That's what they always wanted. They wine and dine in self pity. Masters of the art of playing the victim
Being and imposter and a hypocrite is worse than anything on earth. Think about life of lies
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 02, 2023
Yoruba people are naturally accommodating. APC is to blame for all this ethnic bigotry.
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Reinaldo:
Yoruba people are naturally accommodating. APC is to blame for all this ethnic bigotry.
Re: Breaking: Igbos Need Help In Nigeria, Shocked At Happens In Nig- British Envoy by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
North4Obi23:

(1) (Reply)

Why FG Should Not Increase Minimum Wage For Workers / Anti-muslim Riot In Nigeria / OFFICIAL: Babangida To Contest Nigeria Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.