Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji (7467 Views)

Power Generation Falls By 356.8MW In Three Weeks / FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW / Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw, Highest Ever – Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji by Princek12(m): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
Arnold1:

I will like to see govt hands off the industry; let it be private sector driven.

The govt's role should be strictly confined to regulating the industry.

If we let states get involved, corruption, mismanagement and nepotism
will be the order of the day.

MTN, GLO, ZAIN etc are not perfect but you can't compare
them to NEPA PHCN !

Of course I would prefer for government to stay out of the electricity business because of the concerns you expressed. However, when you have an option between having state governments generate their own electricity and the federal government unilaterally controlling the entire country's electricity, the lesser of the two evils is having state governments generate their own electricity. At least it will increase competition among states, and locals can hold their state government responsible.
Re: Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji by liberty27(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
Yea, we must admit power supply has improved. However some areas having one local issue or the other are shut out of this cos PHCN officials do not promptly respond to such issues if ''pepper'' doesn't flow well.

Also these officials now isue a lot of fictitious billings. I was not around sometime and i came back to meet my bills with estimated consumptions between 400 and 600 KWh /month. Then when i complained, they finally came and read my meter from the time they stopped about 2 years till the present date and then multiplied it by the new rate. (my people for the first time i saw a bill in excess of N15K for the month.
Re: Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji by liberty27(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2011
yet the previous fictitious billings were not erased.
Re: Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji by samkal(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
Why havent my light at igando improved? The sily NEpA gives the police station behind my house light while they keep us in darkness. Shame on them!
Re: Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji by capitalA: 9:20am On Feb 06, 2013
We are so quick to forget the past! How many times have you noticed stable electricity in your area for a month or two and it all goes bad again?
4500megawatts is nothing to praise the government for my people! 150million people to share 4500megawatts?? Please goole this facts and you will be shocked! How many megawatts have they added since 2008?? If we continue at this rate it would take 500 years before we attain up to 60,000 megawatts. South africa with a population of 90million are lounging in 40000 megawatts and its still not enough! Are you guys really going to praise the little efforts of our government when they can do more?? They can do more!! They can add 200 megawatts a year if they want to but they are too blind and corrupt to act! They we are too gullible that's why they would turn our heads with figures! 4500megawatts is nothing, the question is, are you satisfied with electricity in your area? Dnt forget that there area who have not seen electricity for days! Don't get carried away!
They should include; WIND SOLAR, COAL, NUCLEAR and reduce corruption in the power sector!
Re: Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
Why this news? Is Barth Nnaji still the Minister of Power? Old news.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bales Of Fairly Used Clothes In Aba / Making Good Profit From Car Wash Business / Nigeria Black Friday: How To Benefit From The Biggest Sales On Konga/jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.