Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call (2182 Views)

How I Knew That Leaked Phone Call Between Obi & Oyedepo Was Fake – Chuks Akunna / Peoples' Gazette Suspends Ayoola Babalola Who Posted Peter Obi & Oyedepo Call / Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by MikeofAfrica: 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ijebulogic:

Youre right bro - this is politics and the players will use all that is accessible to them to win. But you see, declaration (private or public) of religious war is on another level. I dont want to debate it too much as i think youre a mature contributor so you know what i mean. Tinubu is not perfect but if he were to declare "religious war" that suggest he declares war on his wife, kids, grandchildren, Lagos State Governor and a large majority of his trusted friends and associates. You see , what a man says is an indication of how he thinks , it is his "confession" of his innermost thoughts. Nobody is perfect, but it was not Tinubu that used those words to describe his ambition.
For your info- i am a neutral in the Labour vs APC/PDP matter as I supported a less known and less popular party. But we must not standby and watch this nation set alight with words that carry major implications.

There are many kinds of religious war. If a Christian is made the Head of a Federal Agency in Nigeria today and he takes advantage of his position to ensure that only Christians are promoted in the agency, he has declare a religious war against the Muslims.

Since 1999, the positions of the President and Vice President of Nigeria have reflect our religious diversity. However Tinubu who is a Muslim believed that the best strategy to get to Aso Rock the over 80 million Christians in Nigeria the Vice President position.

That is a clear religious war. The Islamic bigots in the north understand this hence they voted for him to mock Christians. Today, the APC is also considering having a Muslim Senate President because christians in Nigeria had proven to be weaklings by not standing solidly behind Peter Obi.

PA Adebanjo pointed this out that a Christian can never be President of Nigeria again if Obi losses. The reason is that we Christians are very naive and timid.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by samunaka: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
God1000:
Too much noise over this issue, he didn't say anything bad

You are a fool to write this type of rubbish, somebody who wants to be the President of a country with over 200 million people with different religious backgrounds just singled out one religion as his focal point of his campaign and promising the leaders of that religion that they will never REGRET supporting him and you are saying there is nothing wrong with that, for one Obi never campaign in the north he only had a brief stop over in Kwara, southern Kaduna, plateau, I mean this man took the north for granted, only God knows what he would have done to the north if he had won
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by siaco(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
yarimo:
To obi it's religious war not election. Thank God Nigerian voters rejected him and his evil plans

Which Nigeria voters rejected him? Abeg park one side supporter of iniquities.
Election that was massively rigged for bulaabu, if not for riggings where will Tinubu see 3 million votes.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by siaco(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ijebulogic:
You see, there are many things that APC have done thats wrong...and APC supporters will always tell you their candidate is not perfect but they support him. But it is shocking to hear Labour/ Obi supporters say this is "no big deal" ...for a Nigerian presidential candidate to declare a religious war is very dangerous language. Maybe PO doesnt understand the implications on national security , or maybe he doesnt understand that it is words that start wars. It is not a statement that can be defended under any circumstances.

It is a private discussion with a fellow christian, if not the panic in your camp you won't be seeing this as anything..

You all are busy looking for what you will hang on stainless Peter Obi to shut him up, but it will not work.

What will you call choice of muslim muslim ticket? Religion dialogue I guess.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by HNICEARTH: 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2023
We dey court dey wait una

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Proudlyomonna: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
yarimo:
To obi it's religious war not election. Thank God Nigerian voters rejected him and his evil plans

Muslim-muslim agenda in a Country where terrorist have killed thousands in their Islamization agenda is an act of terrorism itself.
The average Nigerian who hustles legitimately,the civil service men, traders, farmers and the majority masses are Obidient by default but ofcus Inec get their own selection and Obi wey no dey give shishi no fit be the highest bidder grin
Let's see how the court proceedings will go.
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by siaco(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
tungamaje:
So what all this noise? I didn't see what wrong he said there.

I wonder ooo
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Ijebulogic(m): 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
siaco:

It is a private discussion with a fellow christian, if not the panic in your camp you won't be seeing this as anything..

You all are busy looking for what you will hang on stainless Peter Obi to shut him up, but it will not work.

What will you call choice of muslim muslim ticket? Religion dialogue I guess.

LOL...my brother, for the record, i dont support any of the "Big Three" parties but to be honest, i dont see why APC should be panicking. They have the president elect. But on the Obi matter , lets agree to disagree. What is a major issue in my eyes ,can be a minor thing in someone elses...thats the beauty of freedom of choice. Lets see how it goes.
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by yarimo(m): 11:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Muslim-muslim agenda in a Country where terrorist have killed thousands in their Islamization agenda is an act of terrorism itself.
The average Nigerian who hustles legitimately,the civil service men, traders, farmers and the majority masses are Obidient by default but ofcus Inec get their own selection and Obi wey no dey give shishi no fit be the highest bidder grin
Let's see how the court proceedings will go.
But Christian/Christian governer in Anambra state is not act of terrorism
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by yarimo(m): 11:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
siaco:

Which Nigeria voters rejected him? Abeg park one side supporter of iniquities.
Election that was massively rigged for bulaabu, if not for riggings where will Tinubu see 3 million votes.
that is why ABIA state governorsip election must be cancel and INEC should conduct fresh election
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by yarimo(m): 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Religious war was declared by APC and Tinubu who mocked the over 80 million Christians in Nigeria by going for a Muslim Muslim ticket.

Hence we must commend Obi for having the gut to voice it out.
Muslim Muslim is constitutional or not
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Proudlyomonna: 10:01am On Apr 03, 2023
yarimo:
But Christian/Christian governer in Anambra state is not act of terrorism

Which kind point be dis one.
What's the business of Edolites with if Anambra choose Muslim-muslim or Christian-Christian or what's the business of Ekiti if Kano choose Muslim-muslim or Christian-Christian?
We are talking about representation and inclusiveness at the federal level.
We are talking about bridge between the two most populous Religious faith in the Country of people with diversities,you are talking about State undecided
In as much as efforts should continue to be put towards ensuring that our diversities make Us instead of break Us further,we must always ensure that equity, fairness, justice, inclusiveness is never found wanting with our dealings as a Country with diversities.
Muslim-muslim agenda is as fiendish for Christians as it is for liberal Muslims.
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Freezyhot(f): 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
TGM2015:
On Obidepo (Yes daddy) audio leak,

Kenneth the Labour Party presidential campaign spokesman has confirmed the audio to be real but disagreed with "religion war" attached to it.

Bishop Oyedepo has not denied it but said he doesn't campaign for politicians but only give them advise.

FIJ has subjected the audio to AI test and confirmed it was not doctored.

Premium Times has comes up with transcript of the audio conversation as reproduced below.

SOURCE: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/591397-full-text-what-peter-obi-oyedepo-said-in-leaked-religious-war-phone-call.html
Very tardy cut and join work. Obviously doctored. The response and follow up doesn't add up...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ozara Primary School In Abia / Onyechi Ikpeazu: 7 Things About Lead Counsel Who Defended Adeleke’s Victory / Between Mmesoma And Tinubu Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.