Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call (2183 Views)

How I Knew That Leaked Phone Call Between Obi & Oyedepo Was Fake – Chuks Akunna / Peoples' Gazette Suspends Ayoola Babalola Who Posted Peter Obi & Oyedepo Call / Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by TGM2015: 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
On Obidepo (Yes daddy) audio leak,

Kenneth the Labour Party presidential campaign spokesman has confirmed the audio to be real but disagreed with "religion war" attached to it.

Bishop Oyedepo has not denied it but said he doesn't campaign for politicians but only give them advise.

FIJ has subjected the audio to AI test and confirmed it was not doctored.

Premium Times has comes up with transcript of the audio conversation as reproduced below.

Peter Obi: Good morning Daddy.

Bishop Oyedepo: Praise the Lord, how are you Sir?

Peter Obi: Fine Daddy, good morning Sir.

Bishop Oyedepo: Amen, in Jesus name we are going to get bright results.

Peter Obi: Thank you Daddy, when I hear these your calls and prayers, Daddy it’s very dear to me. Like I keep saying if this works, you people will never regret the support.

Bishop Oyedepo: Amen! Amen! We look forward to God’s intervention.

Peter Obi: Thank you, Daddy, I need you to speak to your people in South West and Kwara, the Christians in South West and Kwara, this is a religious war.

Bishop Oyedepo: I believe that… I believe that… I believe that… You know I did a release ‘Nigeria Going Forward’ and I am coming with the second one today. I wanted it out when they won’t have any time to do damage control. But in the name of Jesus this would be a success. You know what I said in today’s own? A sickling nation like Nigeria will require a strong and healthy personality. I said anyone whose source of wealth could not be verified should not have access to governance. So all we are doing is appealing to the conscience of people to know where to go. But I want to assure you, in the name of Jesus, that the result will be favourable.

Peter Obi: Thank you Daddy.

Bishop Oyedepo: So relax yourself don’t be apprehensive. Are you in Lagos or Abuja?

Peter Obi: I am in Onitsha now

Bishop Oyedepo: So you will be there for the election?

Peter Obi: Yes Sir

Bishop Oyedepo: Very good, that is where to be, I say all Nigerians have an equal stake, nobody has the right to claim that he is dashing something to someone, we are coming out of it, so how is the east generally?

Peter Obi: East is okay. East is correct.

Bishop Oyedepo: And the Middle Belt?

Peter Obi: It is okay, Middle Belt is okay but places like Kogi, Kwara and Niger are worrisome places.

Bishop Oyedepo: We will get to Kwara

Peter Obi: Fantastic, I went to Kwara and visited Olofa of Offa who told me that nobody had ever come here, with you no problem but the Christian community in Kwara and Niger, and I am also working in Kogi same way.

Bishop Oyedepo: Okay then I will target this clip to them; I will make sure it gets them.

Peter Obi: Thank you I will be looking forward to the release as well, please send it to me.

Bishop Oyedepo: Okay I will do that, God bless you.

Peter Obi: Thank you, Daddy.

SOURCE: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/591397-full-text-what-peter-obi-oyedepo-said-in-leaked-religious-war-phone-call.html

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by God1000(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
Too much noise over this issue, he didn't say anything bad

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by SadiqBabaSani: 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Thats All?

4 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by yarimo(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
To obi it's religious war not election. Thank God Nigerian voters rejected him and his evil plans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Ijebulogic(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
You see, there are many things that APC have done thats wrong...and APC supporters will always tell you their candidate is not perfect but they support him. But it is shocking to hear Labour/ Obi supporters say this is "no big deal" ...for a Nigerian presidential candidate to declare a religious war is very dangerous language. Maybe PO doesnt understand the implications on national security , or maybe he doesnt understand that it is words that start wars. It is not a statement that can be defended under any circumstances.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by kk2027: 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
Mm ticket is a religious unifier

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by kk2027: 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
We wont be distracted from Chicago drug matter

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by kk2027: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ever since Obi went to court, agbadorians are rattled

No peace for election riggers

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Tofax: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
No to a drug baron as Nigeria President.

I am Proud to be associated with Obi & Oyedepo.
Oyedepo my daddy, Obi my President
😘😘

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by kk2027: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
I heard America will be testifying at the tribunal

POTUS did not congratulate us

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by kk2027: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
Tofax:
No to a drug baron as Nigeria President.

I am Proud to be associated with Obi & Oyedepo.
Oyedepo my daddy, Obi my President
😘😘

I think Bayo said he did drug 10 years ago, now he can become president cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by YouandiAllofus: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Y
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by tungamaje: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
So what all this noise? I didn't see what wrong he said there.

3 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by OGwales(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2023
Me: Obi Obi, my guy well well, mr desperado himself 🌚

Obi: yes daddy

Me: Oya give me five 🖐️🖐️🖐️

Obi: okay daddy, please 🙏 help me talk to your people, daddy. This is a war

Me: where did you get this advice?

Obi: daddy, I got the advice from a mad man

Me: 🤣🤣🤣 you can only be the president of mad people 😂😂😂

7 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by gly(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
God1000:
Too much noise over this issue, he didn't say anything bad

I wonder as if he said things that were inciting. Nigerians still have ways to go. It is a matter of time that stolen mandate will be returned back to the rightful owners.
You all supporting one person or the other bear in mind tlhat in 20 years time if you will be proud to tell your grand children that you did the right thing through you act of ommission or commission then good for you if not remember nature rewards!
Lastly if the process that brings you to a given position you are occupying is not excellent then you have no BUSINESS aswering that name your Excellency!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Oluwadare316(m): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
He has said the truth,everyone knows ethnicity and religion is affecting our present
and future. We need to move forward, some religious leaders have said worse than that and nothing happened to them. It would not have meant anything if Peter obi was not contesting. May God save our country.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
grin This matter no dey finished ni undecided

Abeg make I take style enjoy with my first Lady grin

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Godjone(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
So? Is there any offence here? We must reclaim that mandate you people stole. Obi remains the president elect

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by RuddyFusion(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
So what exactly is the issue here?
What's the issue
Our stolen mandate must be restored no matter whatever Thiefinibu and his camp pulls up

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Stone03: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ijebulogic:
You see, there are many things that APC have done thats wrong...and APC supporters will always tell you their candidate is not perfect but they support him. But it is shocking to hear Labour/ Obi supporters say this is "no big deal" ...for a Nigerian presidential candidate to declare a religious war is very dangerous language. Maybe PO doesnt understand the implications on national security , or maybe he doesnt understand that it is words that start wars. It is not a statement that can be defended under any circumstances.

Which implications on national security? Did you say that when Buhari made worse religious incitement, and you went ahead and voted him.

Tinubu said that you snatch power by all cost. All these did not pose threat to our national security, until Obi made these two words statement. Let's curtail our hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Heffalump(m): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ijebulogic:

This is politics. Politics in Nigeria has many connotations. From Obi's tone, he didn't mean harm against people of other religions. Of course he has to pull from the areas of his strength, by relying on the support of a clergyman. This time, he has made contacts with different clergymen of different faiths, signifying that he does not relegate anyone.

Nevertheless, if you're quick to blame Obi on religious idiosyncrasies, what will you say about a man (Tinubu) that ignores the existence of a core religious group in Nigeria, and went ahead to pick same faith as vice, without recourse to balance of power and national harmony? Tinubu rode more on religious tactics than any other candidate and that's is very very dangerous for Nigeria. If you turn the table around, Muslims will never support a Christian- Christian presidency in Nigeria. It's like the Muslims took the docile nature of Christianity forgranted. The biggest pain is the manner in which some so called Christians play along as though, it doesn't matter. It matters alot! Buhari has showed that it matters.

Please, if you're an APC apologist, reflect well and stop whinning over nothing because of Obi's audio. Obi respects all religions and expects that his should be respected also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Throwback: 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
Peter Obi is finished
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Gajagojo: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nothing illegal said
But it could be used against him politically
Mobilising Christians this way will work in some places but may backfire in NE and NW
If he contests in future he may need to go Christian Christian. I doubt he will be that bold
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Gajagojo: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
Heffalump:

This is politics. Politics in Nigeria has many connotations. From Obi's tone, he didn't mean harm against people of other religions. Of course he has to pull from the areas of his strength, by relying on the support of a clergyman. This time, he has made contacts with different clergymen of different faiths, signifying that he does not relegate anyone.

Nevertheless, if you're quick to blame Obi on religious idiosyncrasies, what will you say about a man (Tinubu) that ignores the existence of a core religious group in Nigeria, and went ahead to pick same faith as vice, without recourse to balance of power and national harmony? Tinubu rode more on religious tactics than any other candidate and that's is very very dangerous for Nigeria. If you turn the table around, Muslims will never support a Christian- Christian presidency in Nigeria. It's like the Muslims took the docile nature of Christianity forgranted. The biggest pain is the manner in which some so called Christians play along as though, it doesn't matter. It matters alot! Buhari has showed that it matters.

Please, if you're an APC apologist, reflect well and stop whinning over nothing because of Obi's audio. Obi respects all religions and expects that his should be respected also.
same faith
Tinubu is not the first to do so .Awolowo did it,Abiola too
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Ijebulogic(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
Heffalump:

Youre right bro - this is politics and the players will use all that is accessible to them to win. But you see, declaration (private or public) of religious war is on another level. I dont want to debate it too much as i think youre a mature contributor so you know what i mean. Tinubu is not perfect but if he were to declare "religious war" that suggest he declares war on his wife, kids, grandchildren, Lagos State Governor and a large majority of his trusted friends and associates. You see , what a man says is an indication of how he thinks , it is his "confession" of his innermost thoughts. Nobody is perfect, but it was not Tinubu that used those words to describe his ambition.
For your info- i am a neutral in the Labour vs APC/PDP matter as I supported a less known and less popular party. But we must not standby and watch this nation set alight with words that carry major implications.
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by MikeofAfrica: 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
yarimo:
To obi it's religious war not election. Thank God Nigerian voters rejected him and his evil plans

Religious war was declared by APC and Tinubu who mocked the over 80 million Christians in Nigeria by going for a Muslim Muslim ticket.

Hence we must commend Obi for having the gut to voice it out.

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Essential(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2023
PETER OBI HAVE TURN WINNER'S CHAPEL TO LOSER CHAPEL.
Churches and pastors should stay away from politics.
So that they don't bring shame and disgrace to the house of God.
Pastor by day politician by night. God will keep on exposing them and their fake prophecy.
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by Putindbutt: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
We heard him loud and clear, they only need the transcript and interpretation in the North to bury his political career finally. It is pathetic that a man as deceptive as he is, would visit Emir palaces in the day, seeking and begging for the votes of their people while at night scheming a religious war against them with some pastors at night. That is a deceptive character, the nature of a snake. Worse is falsehood of the hell bound pastor who was lying he would never caimpaign for anyone. Meanwhile in his own words " he wanted to release a sermon to tarnish Tinubu's image at a time it'd be too late for a damage control". It is a shame that the devil exist on the pulpit. You had your plan but the true God scattered it and put you to shame.
Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by DMerciful(m): 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
Go and sit down...its a private conversation and Oyedepo actually called him
Ijebulogic:

1 Like

Re: FULL TEXT: What Peter Obi, Oyedepo Said In Leaked “religious War” Phone Call by DMerciful(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
You're just wasting your time. If you look at the comments, Oyedepo agreed with all Obi said.
It was a private conversation and indeed its a religious war when you pick mu-mu ticket to appeal to Muslims, he appealed to Christians
Throwback:
Peter Obi is finished

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! / Who Is Barack Obama? / Cyber Crime In Nigeria This Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.