Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,076 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me (5485 Views)

My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didnā€™t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Chidi2022: 11:55am On Apr 03, 2023
[quote author=Karlifate post=122263721][/quote]Die, you have a stupid and meaningless life...
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Karlifate: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
Chidi2022:
Die, you have a stupid and meaningless life...

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Fiscus105(m): 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

I believe you urgently need a new life.

You have been so much damaged.

If ur brain not damaged, you would have told her nothing but pure truth,in other for her to be able to leave peacefully,not only with her in-laws but also neighbors.

Keep on pampering her ego here, while in reality, home is hotter for her on single second, mainly because of her character. She would soon come online to narrate , life as single mother.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2023

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Gloriagee(f): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
Dont mind the clown
ahnie:

More like *HUMbLe rie nsi cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Stevenbright(m): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:
I am one year and three month old in marriage , my husband elder sister has her shop in front of our house , somehow the land belongs to there late mother who gave it to them .
The problem is my sister inlaw is very intrusive, always trying to have a say in the marriage , one time I have resisted her interference, she reported me to their father who came to the house to warn me that the elder sister is there to be leading both me and my husband in the marriage as an experience woman who is ten years old in marriage , I find this annoying but I just had to keep quiet .her workers do come into my house to pick anything from my kitchen or the room and use it carelessly . One time I got back home and I saw one of the wrapper I use in backing my baby tied arround the waist of one of her workers and I wasn't so cool with it , I told her to wash it and return it for me that I do not joke with that wrapper , she refuses , the next day I saw the wrapper on the floor very dirty and I was very angry I told her to go wash it and return it , she told me she can't cos she's not the only one that uses it and that it's my sister in law that brought it out, I told the girl that she should never enter my house to pick anything again when my sister in law arrived she started blackmailing me with so u cannot leave ordinary wrapper , if you say she shouldn't enter the house that means u pursued me and all..I had to stand my ground it's not just about the wrapper anymore , it's the fact that the girl was rude to me I am 10 years older than this girl and that I insist that she shouldn't enter my house again, she said stuffs like i am rude to her as well so I shouldn't bother about the girl being rude and left . Now she started acting up , but I make sure I greet her everyday and move on , I no longer sit with her or discuss with her sometimes she doesn't answer and sometimes she answer somehow , this girl of hers never greeted me again after that day .
Now the challenge is she had gone to report me to the father as usual , the father calls my husband and I don't know what they discuss but he has stopped talking to me in the house , he's always supporting his family anyway and his father has stopped calling me as well all of the calls themselves from time to time discussing me most times my husband run outside to answer there calls ..was I wrong in my approach, what could I have done better it looks like I am living among people that hate me they all stay close

Your husband is the problem not those his relatives. He is the one who doesn't value you.

Except you begged him to marry you, otherwise he should value you and stop using you as a bargaining chip in dealing with his people.

To achieve this, ask him why he doesn't seems to value and regard you and does he still have interest in the marriage?

His response will determine your next line of action. But I guess you need a break (move to your own parents place for some months) and only go back to him when he realized his mistakes and is committed to change.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Klass99(f): 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2023

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Stevenbright(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:

All of them are a problem not just the husband alone. What sort of father in-law behaves like this? That's a serious biitch move for a man and as for the elder sister.....I am speechless.

I gat you. But I zeroed in on the husband because he gave the leeway to those his relatives to do what they are doing.

He is the one who supposed make sure any assault to his wife is a redline.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Diligent1(f): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:
seriously this people has access to the house , I don't see any reason why I should be territorial , my sister in law goes to my shoe rack wear my best shoes casually , she takes my best jewellery and I just let it slide ,one thing I realise is that my sister in law discuss all sort of things in front of her workers who are 10 years and 12 years younger than me and those girls started reacting based on that, I left work when I got married because of distance and I start applying for job that will be of close proximity to my husband house but I got pregnant immediately after marriage which marred my search for job so I started learning fashion designing anyway , my baby is 4 month now and I have started applying for job again, my sister in law is always going on and on about how I couldn't get something doing making reference to hiw hardworking she was when she was pregnant and all, this is a woman that shamed me that I gave birth through cs because i am lazy . Even while learning my fashion designing and as I was pregnant I cook for my husband 2 times daily atleast, do his laundry , iron hus clothes and clean the house everyday . She and my husband still sit to say stuffs like I am too relaxed because he is making me too comfortable
My sister, it is well with you. Whenever you see your sister in law greet her very well with smile and go your own way, don't sit with again. If any issue arise between you and your sister inlaw don't talk back at her, it shows you did not respect your father in law.
Call and visit your father inlaw once in a while and pray for him, he will be happy with you.
God is always with people who are patient.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by frozen70(f): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:
I am one year and three month old in marriage , my husband elder sister has her shop in front of our house , somehow the land belongs to there late mother who gave it to them .
The problem is my sister inlaw is very intrusive, always trying to have a say in the marriage , one time I have resisted her interference, she reported me to their father who came to the house to warn me that the elder sister is there to be leading both me and my husband in the marriage as an experience woman who is ten years old in marriage , I find this annoying but I just had to keep quiet .her workers do come into my house to pick anything from my kitchen or the room and use it carelessly . One time I got back home and I saw one of the wrapper I use in backing my baby tied arround the waist of one of her workers and I wasn't so cool with it , I told her to wash it and return it for me that I do not joke with that wrapper , she refuses , the next day I saw the wrapper on the floor very dirty and I was very angry I told her to go wash it and return it , she told me she can't cos she's not the only one that uses it and that it's my sister in law that brought it out, I told the girl that she should never enter my house to pick anything again when my sister in law arrived she started blackmailing me with so u cannot leave ordinary wrapper , if you say she shouldn't enter the house that means u pursued me and all..I had to stand my ground it's not just about the wrapper anymore , it's the fact that the girl was rude to me I am 10 years older than this girl and that I insist that she shouldn't enter my house again, she said stuffs like i am rude to her as well so I shouldn't bother about the girl being rude and left . Now she started acting up , but I make sure I greet her everyday and move on , I no longer sit with her or discuss with her sometimes she doesn't answer and sometimes she answer somehow , this girl of hers never greeted me again after that day .
Now the challenge is she had gone to report me to the father as usual , the father calls my husband and I don't know what they discuss but he has stopped talking to me in the house , he's always supporting his family anyway and his father has stopped calling me as well all of the calls themselves from time to time discussing me most times my husband run outside to answer there calls ..was I wrong in my approach, what could I have done better it looks like I am living among people that hate me they all stay close

They have actually ganged up against you long time ago and the fault is from your husband who can't protect your interest

I think you should stand on your ground that they shouldn't touch your personal effect

Don't stop your sister inlaw from coming into that apartment, but don't tolerate nonsense from her sales girl neither should they enter your apartment

Make sure you don't insult your sister in law but don't let her push you to the wall

As for you father in law, just don't ever talk carelessly to him but then always present your case politely to him and don't respond harshly to him

As for your husband, it's a pity he has made himself a puppet just because he stays in the family house and am sure he is not paying rent, don't talk harshly to him but stand on your ground

With time every one will take caution and redress including you, after that, you all will love and appreciate each other
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by NoToPile: 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:
seriously this people has access to the house , I don't see any reason why I should be territorial , my sister in law goes to my shoe rack wear my best shoes casually , she takes my best jewellery and I just let it slide ,one thing I realise is that my sister in law discuss all sort of things in front of her workers who are 10 years and 12 years younger than me and those girls started reacting based on that, I left work when I got married because of distance and I start applying for job that will be of close proximity to my husband house but I got pregnant immediately after marriage which marred my search for job so I started learning fashion designing anyway , my baby is 4 month now and I have started applying for job again, my sister in law is always going on and on about how I couldn't get something doing making reference to hiw hardworking she was when she was pregnant and all, this is a woman that shamed me that I gave birth through cs because i am lazy . Even while learning my fashion designing and as I was pregnant I cook for my husband 2 times daily atleast, do his laundry , iron hus clothes and clean the house everyday . She and my husband still sit to say stuffs like I am too relaxed because he is making me too comfortable

I was going to ask how the sales girl had access to your house and I saw all these. All these are not acceptable.

Sorry you have entered, it might not get better soon, except the Aunty stops using that shop only then might you have a little relief
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by OfficialP: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:

You should have allowed the husband to do the talking, they're his family. The mistake have been made, just talk to your husband and allow him handle it. Remove yourself from the story for now. Talk to your husband and let your husband to his family.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by samwillyco1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by annayawchee: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
You married a typical nwa mummy..
You're in for a long thing

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Klass99(f): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2023

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Gloriagee(f): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
O ya mi lenu o. My own is when did his bad behaviour start? Cos after cooking, ironing etc, they say she's too comfortable.

Klass99:
@ Fortyishcouga, please read the original post and the original poster's subsequent posts then tell me if divorce will not be a good recommendation in her case, now that water never pass garri too much and she only has one child to deal with.

I called your attention to this because of your thread where you asked why people are quick to recommend divorce. Does the OP's situation make tolerable sense? As in, is this the sort of thing anyone should tolerate or endure beyond 180 days? But she has done so for 1 year plus, how much longer will she have to do it to keep her marriage?

This is just one year and three months of marriage o. If we encourage her to endure, fast and pray as usual, five years may go by without her spouse/in laws changing, she may also have 3 or 4 kids by then. Leaving an intolerable/disrespectful situation may also become harder to do.

We shouldn't glorify marriage, cherish or value staying married above our peace of mind and overall well being abeg. I can't even wrap my head around what I read in the post below.

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Jozilinn: 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
ahnie:

When you get too familiar with in-laws,and throw yaself at them,this is what you get.
It's best to set boundaries at the beginning to avoid ishi's like this.

@sunbestie darl...I ve bn ban on food section,seems the spambot hates us conversing in our native lingua.

Ban ends on 5th this month.
Nawa oh
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by olamilekan9(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
chaišŸ„¶ omo,sis i can smell that you re going through alot,God forbide but imagine if your husband enemy is no more,omo eith what you have tabled about your in-laws it will be a lose lose for you oo,one solution i think i can usher out is relocating,can you and your husband relocate to another area you know a bit far from that inlaw abi wetin u feel
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
olamilekan9:
chaišŸ„¶ omo,sis i can smell that you re going through alot,God forbide but imagine if your husband enemy is no more,omo eith what you have tabled about your in-laws it will be a lose lose for you oo,one solution i think i can usher out is relocating,can you and your husband relocate to another area you know a bit far from that inlaw abi wetin u feel
I doubt the husband would be willing to relocate. OP has nothing doing for herself at this time, making it an even harder sell. It is indeed a hard situation. lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by olamilekan9(m): 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I doubt the husband would be willing to relocate. OP has nothing doing for herself at this time, making it an even harder sell. It is indeed a hard situation. lipsrsealed
chaišŸ„¶ omo i feel for her, new marriage o dem no even allow the woman rest,some families ehnšŸ˜”

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by RomanGreen: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:
my husband does not want my family to interfere in our marriage at all, he does not like any member of my family because when I was pregnant, there was a time we had issue and my mother called him to take things easy with me and all he got really angry and was rude to my mom he said my mom was supposed to instruct me to come beg him not preach to him to thread softly because whenever we have little issue he takes it to his family and his sister and dad are there the next day compelling me to kneel and Beg him. He told me that day that my family does not matter in the marriage that its only his family that matters cause they are husbands family. I try not to involve my family in any issue after that cos i really hate the way he spoke to my mom

Hate to break it to you, but your marriage will soon hit the rocks as long as your husband continues to side with his family. They will simply end up exhausting you mentally and emotionally. What you can do is to distract yourself with biz or studies or anything you're doing. It's very unfortunate we still have weak men like this
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Jesslove(f): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2023
Your husband is a m*mu man. God forbid such a husband!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by NaBanga: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
If there are no children involved and you are able to support yourself, leave this marriage. I feel you will regret it, if you don't. People like your husband and his family see a wife as a product or accessory. They don't view you as human or equal to them.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
olamilekan9:
chaišŸ„¶ omo i feel for her, new marriage o dem no even allow the woman rest,some families ehnšŸ˜”
She should definitely consider waiting to have another kid for sure. Maybe wait at least 3 years to see how things turn out before considering getting pregnant a second time. undecided
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
NaBanga:
If there are no children involved and you are able to support yourself, leave this marriage. I feel you will regret it, if you don't. People like your husband and his family see a wife as a product or accessory. They don't view you as human or equal to them.
you are very correct they saw me as a product , I cannot begin to talk about how much pain they cause me when I was pregnant, I cried through out my pregnancy , it got to a stage my family mom and sis started crying on my behalf as well, I just hope I get a job soon so that I can face my life and see where this leads. This marriage is exhausting and I never saw all this coming during courtship because its a distance relationship .

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
Gloriagee:
O ya mi lenu o. My own is when did his bad behaviour start? Cos after cooking, ironing etc, they say she's too comfortable. Immediately after our court wedding all this started , different alien ideas just begin to fly in , my husband became a completely different person, like a Tyrant ! At first I was obeying all their rules even when it's hurt, 6 month down I became afraid of my own husband such that I stutter if I want to speak with him because I'm speaking in fear to the point that I started distancing myself physically from him , I just don't want to be anywhere arround him even if we are not having issue I just stylishly give him space, emotionally I became distant yet I never turned him down whenever he comes close because I just want to be a good wife , but situation keeps getting worse he keeps demanding for me to bend more and more so much that I can't even recognise myself anymore , u can definitely tell I am not happy and I am always absent minded

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
olamilekan9:
the challenge is he's the one that built the house , just that he built it on his mom's land , and I have heard his sister tell him several times that God forbids that he would start being a tenant after being a landlord ...eventhough personally I have never asked him to leave there but sometimes she knows what they might have done.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Fiscus105:
I haven't read half of ur post when I stopped reading, having realised that indeed u need marital tutorials, I pray ur marriage won't scatter before 5 years of ur marriage, I noticed of high ego in you and a wife who will not accommodate in-laws for whatever reason,and above all anger issues.

AN HUMBLE WIFE WOULD HAVE PICKED UP HER WRAPPER AND WASHED IT HERSELF AND LET THE SLEEPING DOG LIES.

I biliv that 70% of marital issues that are coming up in ur marriage are caused by you, because of ur domineering tendency.

if ur story is true, I will tell ur husband that he has succeeded wifed" his boss.

ANYBODY CAN SAY WHATEVER FROM NOW TILL TOMORROW, IF YOU ARE A WIFE AND YOU FIND IT HARD TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR IN LAWS , YOU WONT HAVE PEACE.

REASONS WHY SINGLE MOTHERS LITTER EVERYWHERE.

You are a CLOWN.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
Klass99:
@ Fortyishcouga, please read the original post and the original poster's subsequent posts then tell me if divorce will not be a good recommendation in her case, now that water never pass garri too much and she only has one child to deal with.

I called your attention to this because of your thread where you asked why people are quick to recommend divorce. Does the OP's situation make tolerable sense? As in, is this the sort of thing anyone should tolerate or endure beyond 180 days? But she has done so for 1 year plus, how much longer will she have to do it to keep her marriage?

This is just one year and three months of marriage o. If we encourage her to endure, fast and pray as usual, five years may go by without her spouse/in laws changing, she may also have 3 or 4 kids by then. Leaving an intolerable/disrespectful situation may also become harder to do.

We shouldn't glorify marriage, cherish or value staying married above our peace of mind and overall well being abeg. Try to understand my views on your thread, then try and tie it to this OP's situation.......one of the things I said was men not tolerating interference from a woman's family, is that not what her husband is doing here? I can't even wrap my head around what I read in the post below. It will be evil for anyone to justify and normalize this.

It is a lot indeed.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:
you are very correct they saw me as a product , I cannot begin to talk about how much pain they cause me when I was pregnant, I cried through out my pregnancy , it got to a stage my family mom and sis started crying on my behalf as well, I just hope I get a job soon so that I can face my life and see where this leads. This marriage is exhausting and I never saw all this coming during courtship because its a distance relationship .

I believe that is the underlying issue too. Your huband does not respect you, and it does not help to be fully dependent on someone like that. Work towards your financial independence. Personally, lack of respect is a deal-breaker for me (I can even deal with no love, but not lack of respect), but watch how it goes.

Most importantly, you need to set up and maintain boundaries between you and his family, no matter how tough it is. Limit communication and interactions to the barest minimum, but remain respectful. Lock up your things if you have to. Let them know by your body language that you want very little to do with them. Even if they make snide comments, ignore and keep things civil but sterile.

I have interfering in-laws myself and that is how I keep them out of my business, by restricting access. It is a child that raises its arms you draw close to you; don't invest time in trying to make people who do not love you come around.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2023
Your husband no be man na boy , letting his family control his home
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by rickleye: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
Olamidegal:

So the easiest advice would be to pack your load and leave with your child . But, I do not know how financially free . I mean are you career worker or have goods in the market to sell .
I am not clairvoyant but it appears to me that you ignored some red flags going into the marriage.
First off , your husband is what people on NL call a SIMP! ( I mean, no one should put his wife in such a condition to get a dressing down from his elder sister and dad) your husband ought to shelter you as not only his wife but the mother of his child.
The red flags you know - this is not the first incident that would have occurred with the sister.
In any case you have two choices
1. Fight and tell them you arenā€™t going anywhere and demand your respect
2. Leave with your head held high .

There is a reason why we have the ardent of single parents.enough of the emotional abuse .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

32 Years Old Man And Still Staying With Parents / The Wedding Ceremony Of A Nairalander / My Wife Blocked Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.