Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me (5579 Views)

My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by dominique(f): 3:53am On Apr 04, 2023
Olamidegal:
my husband does not want my family to interfere in our marriage at all, he does not like any member of my family because when I was pregnant, there was a time we had issue and my mother called him to take things easy with me and all he got really angry and was rude to my mom he said my mom was supposed to instruct me to come beg him not preach to him to thread softly because whenever we have little issue he takes it to his family and his sister and dad are there the next day compelling me to kneel and Beg him. He told me that day that my family does not matter in the marriage that its only his family that matters cause they are husbands family. I try not to involve my family in any issue after that cos i really hate the way he spoke to my mom

A husband that treats your family like trash yet expects you to treat his lile gold, that's madness! The moment je uttered that stupid statement, you should have started making your exit plans from that man and his family. That family will never have regards for you all long as your husband continues to reason like this, even your sister in-law's sale girls have started disregarding you. The only solution is for you to quietly move your things away from his house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by sunbestie(f): 10:02am On Apr 04, 2023
ahnie:

When you get too familiar with in-laws,and throw yaself at them,this is what you get.
It's best to set boundaries at the beginning to avoid ishi's like this.

@sunbestie darl...I ve bn ban on food section,seems the spambot hates us conversing in our native lingua.

Ban ends on 5th this month.
No wahala
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Dailyparrot: 10:39am On Apr 04, 2023
Olamidegal:
he's supporting his family by keeping malice with me in the house, he always supports his family , his sister can never do any wrong in his eyes. I live like an outsider in this marriage because my husband believes his father and sister are his family and they must be satisfied if I want ti see his good side

I have come to realize that in marriage, the mindset of the partner is way more important than anything else.

A girl with a feministic tendency will always drag right and authority with the husband.

A man with the traditional inclination that women are meant to be in the kitchen will forever not regard his wife.

Same with mindsets or opinions on child birth, work life, religion, etc.

In this case, your husband has a terrible mindset and opinion about who a wife is.

To him, a wife is a subject, a subordinate that shouldn't have a say in the marriage. If your husband does not regard you, he cannot regard your family.

The question is, how did you end up with such a man in the first place? Most of you ladies are trying oo. You can take any sh1t in the name of marriage.

I guess you are living in the village but that shouldn't warrant this type of disrespect from a man you call your husband.

My suggestion is for you to think what you want to do with your life. You can exit the marriage now that it's too early.

Because in the near future, his family will advise him to marry a second wife because you are not good enough and he will oblige.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Gloriagee(f): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sis, you got this. I can't understand why a human being will want another person
terrified of him, not to mention a terrified wife.

You are being emotionally abused and i wont be shocked if you're being physically abused as well. If you are being physically abused, get out ALIVE. Practice self affirmation, speak positively to yourself and tell yourself you don't deserve this. Pray for yourself too and your spouse if you think there's a negative influence at play and otherwise he's a good guy but if there's physical abuse, RUN first.

[quote author=Olamidegal post=122276216][/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
Gloriagee:
■ Sis, you got this. I can't understand why a human being will want another person
terrified of him, not to mention a terrified wife. You are being emotionally abused and i wont be shocked if you're being physically abused as well. If you are being physically abused, get out ALIVE. Practice self affirmation, speak positively to yourself and tell yourself you don't deserve this. Pray for yourself too and your spouse if you think there's a negative influence at play and otherwise he's a good guy but if there's physical abuse, RUN first.
1. Please, let's stop propagating that evil bullsheet that a man or woman should not be held accountable for their actions in all cases. It is partly to blame for why so many women sit tight in abusive situations when they ought not to. And no, God is not going to come down to save anyone from or in marriage. undecided
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Gloriagee(f): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
My opinion and my prerogative. Shes under no obligation to accept my suggestions. Know this and know peace....
Kobojunkie:
1. Please, let's stop propagating that evil bullsheet that a man or woman should not be held accountable for their actions in all cases. It is partly to blame for why so many women sit tight in abusive situations when they ought not to. And no, God is not going to come down to save anyone from or in marriage. undecided
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
Thank you all so much for your contributions, I am very grateful! From all, I realised that what o need very much in my life right now is a good job and i have been so committed to applying, i really hope I am able to get a job as soon as possible , so that I can move on life and take care of my daughter!.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Klass99(f): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2023

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 9:13pm On May 11, 2023
Good evening sir and Ma s, I feel a bit taken aback doing this but I am just kind of desperate right now, things didn't get any better, I have gone to beg the sister like some people suggested and even my husband as well and have kept a safe distance , but she wasn't so pleased with the distant I kept , she kept saying things I don't even know to their family member as usual about how I am not regarding her just because I don't discuss anything with her anymore, I greet her with respect and go my own way every now and then , everyday I kept getting threatened by there dad about how they will throw me out for disrescting hus daughter and my husband as usual is just following his family trend I don't know what plans they are making but I can't even put my thought together because I'm afraid one day they will just come together and fufil there threat ..please I really need a job , I am based in lagos ikorodu and I don't even mind relocating to any state if there's accommodation, I have a six month old daughter as well! Anyone that can help me with a job please help I've been trying to apply and I am not getting much of a call back . Please help me I really need a job . I studied political science and I have 4 years experience in customer service role
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Mindlog: 10:43pm On May 11, 2023
Olamidegal:
Good evening sir and Ma s, I feel a bit taken aback doing this but I am just kind of desperate right now, things didn't get any better, I have gone to beg the sister like some people suggested and even my husband as well and have kept a safe distance , but she wasn't so pleased with the distant I kept , she kept saying things I don't even know to their family member as usual about how I am not regarding her just because I don't discuss anything with her anymore, I greet her with respect and go my own way every now and then , everyday I kept getting threatened by there dad about how they will throw me out for disrescting hus daughter and my husband as usual is just following his family trend I don't know what plans they are making but I can't even put my thought together because I'm afraid one day they will just come together and fufil there threat ..please I really need a job , I am based in lagos ikorodu and I don't even mind relocating to any state if there's accommodation, I have a six month old daughter as well! Anyone that can help me with a job please help I've been trying to apply and I am not getting much of a call back . Please help me I really need a job . I studied political science and I have 4 years experience in customer service role

The most important thing you need to do right now, is to pack your things, that of your baby leave that family when they are not around, go back to your birth family and end that marriage from your family's house!

Until you leave that toxic environment and marriage, you will never achieve clarity on how to rediscover yourself and move ahead with your life.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by LadyRosa2(f): 12:02am On May 12, 2023
Fiscus105:
I haven't read half of ur post when I stopped reading, having realised that indeed u need marital tutorials, I pray ur marriage won't scatter before 5 years of ur marriage, I noticed of high ego in you and a wife who will not accommodate in-laws for whatever reason,and above all anger issues.

AN HUMBLE WIFE WOULD HAVE PICKED UP HER WRAPPER AND WASHED IT HERSELF AND LET THE SLEEPING DOG LIES.

I biliv that 70% of marital issues that are coming up in ur marriage are caused by you, because of ur domineering tendency.

if ur story is true, I will tell ur husband that he has succeeded wifed" his boss.

ANYBODY CAN SAY WHATEVER FROM NOW TILL TOMORROW, IF YOU ARE A WIFE AND YOU FIND IT HARD TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR IN LAWS , YOU WONT HAVE PEACE.

REASONS WHY SINGLE MOTHERS LITTER EVERYWHERE.

Rubbish!
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On May 12, 2023
Olamidegal:
■ Good evening sir and Ma s, I feel a bit taken aback doing this but I am just kind of desperate right now, things didn't get any better, I have gone to beg the sister like some people suggested and even my husband as well and have kept a safe distance , but she wasn't so pleased with the distant I kept , she kept saying things I don't even know to their family member as usual about how I am not regarding her just because I don't discuss anything with her anymore, I greet her with respect and go my own way every now and then , everyday I kept getting threatened by there dad about how they will throw me out for disrescting hus daughter and my husband as usual is just following his family trend I don't know what plans they are making but I can't even put my thought together because I'm afraid one day they will just come together and fufil there threat ..please I really need a job , I am based in lagos ikorodu and I don't even mind relocating to any state if there's accommodation, I have a six month old daughter as well! Anyone that can help me with a job please help I've been trying to apply and I am not getting much of a call back . Please help me I really need a job . I studied political science and I have 4 years experience in customer service role
Wow... Sounds like the situation became a lot worse after the begging. Not sure what you went to beg for by the way. Please consider heading back to your family home if you feel the condition is no longer conducive in that home abeg! I am not certain how long it will take for you to get a job after you move back to your family, but at least if you are in a place where you can get your mind more settled, you can move forward from there to see what you can find. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 12:20am On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wow... Sounds like the situation became a lot worse after the begging. Not sure what you went to beg for by the way. Please consider heading back to your family home if you feel the condition is no longer conducive in that home abeg! I am not certain how long it will take for you to get a job but at least if you are in a place where you can get your mind more settled, you can move forward from there to seeing what you can find. undecided
I just went to beg like Emabinu ma (im sorry ma) and she told me now that i have come to beg her is now the time she will show me .i have talked to my parent about this my father did not want me back home, he said I can't come back to his house , I really do not have anywhere to go , I just need a job so that I can rent a small place and start my life
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 12:23am On May 12, 2023
Mindlog:

The most important thing you need to do right now, is to pack your things, that of your baby leave that family when they are not around, go back to your birth family and end that marriage from your family's house!

Until you leave that toxic environment and marriage, you will never achieve clarity on how to rediscover yourself and move ahead with your life.

I really wish I have the means to because I do not have any peace here this is 12:22 am I can't find sleep and thus sleepless night has been going for long
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On May 12, 2023
Olamidegal:
■ I just went to beg like Emabinu ma (im sorry ma) and she told me now that i have come to beg her is now the time she will show me . i have talked to my parent about this my father did not want me back home, he said I can't come back to his house , I really do not have anywhere to go ,
■ I just need a job so that I can rent a small place and start my life
WOW... your own dad said that? Ask him to come to pay his in-laws a visit to maybe see what life is like with you where you are. Maybe that will help change his mind or something. undecided

While searching for work, I feel you also need to deal with the immediate problem of your location at the same time. undecided
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Mindlog: 12:44am On May 12, 2023
Olamidegal:
I really wish I have the means to because I do not have any peace here this is 12:22 am I can't find sleep and thus sleepless night has been going for long

Call your family later in the morning and get them to facilitate your leaving, you are better off leaving there alive with your child.... raising a child in such toxic setting is unnecessarily punishing the little one.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Mindlog: 1:04am On May 12, 2023
Olamidegal:
I just went to beg like Emabinu ma (im sorry ma) and she told me now that i have come to beg her is now the time she will show me .i have talked to my parent about this my father did not want me back home, he said I can't come back to his house , I really do not have anywhere to go , I just need a job so that I can rent a small place and start my life

The same father who is refusing you coming back home in the face of abuse, will be first to call on Nigerians to assist in seeking for justice should anything happen to you in that marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Gr8ness4: 2:20am On May 12, 2023
Nah poor people dey get this kind issue. Do you have parents? How old are you? Nah battle wey u no fit win u dey inside so. Run now if you can or keep quiet forever.

Olamidegal:
I am one year and three month old in marriage , my husband elder sister has her shop in front of our house , somehow the land belongs to there late mother who gave it to them .
The problem is my sister inlaw is very intrusive, always trying to have a say in the marriage , one time I have resisted her interference, she reported me to their father who came to the house to warn me that the elder sister is there to be leading both me and my husband in the marriage as an experience woman who is ten years old in marriage , I find this annoying but I just had to keep quiet .her workers do come into my house to pick anything from my kitchen or the room and use it carelessly . One time I got back home and I saw one of the wrapper I use in backing my baby tied arround the waist of one of her workers and I wasn't so cool with it , I told her to wash it and return it for me that I do not joke with that wrapper , she refuses , the next day I saw the wrapper on the floor very dirty and I was very angry I told her to go wash it and return it , she told me she can't cos she's not the only one that uses it and that it's my sister in law that brought it out, I told the girl that she should never enter my house to pick anything again when my sister in law arrived she started blackmailing me with so u cannot leave ordinary wrapper , if you say she shouldn't enter the house that means u pursued me and all..I had to stand my ground it's not just about the wrapper anymore , it's the fact that the girl was rude to me I am 10 years older than this girl and that I insist that she shouldn't enter my house again, she said stuffs like i am rude to her as well so I shouldn't bother about the girl being rude and left . Now she started acting up , but I make sure I greet her everyday and move on , I no longer sit with her or discuss with her sometimes she doesn't answer and sometimes she answer somehow , this girl of hers never greeted me again after that day .
Now the challenge is she had gone to report me to the father as usual , the father calls my husband and I don't know what they discuss but he has stopped talking to me in the house , he's always supporting his family anyway and his father has stopped calling me as well all of the calls themselves from time to time discussing me most times my husband run outside to answer there calls ..was I wrong in my approach, what could I have done better it looks like I am living among people that hate me they all stay close
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Nobody: 2:39am On May 12, 2023
How old is your husband? 15?

You are being disrespected because your husband has failed to take a stand for you before his family members.

No body in my family can try that shit with my wife and my house is strictly off limit to family members on both sides.

There is nothing you can do but talk to your husband to act like a man and protect his home.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Mindlog: 3:25am On May 12, 2023
Skyview01:
How old is your husband? 15?

You are being disrespected because your husband has failed to take a stand for you before his family members.

No body in my family can try that shit with my wife and my house is strictly off limit to family members on both sides.

There is nothing you can do but talk to your husband to act like a man and protect his home.

It is too late, the husband cannot suddenly develop spine to draw the boundaries....OP, should leave as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by LaShawn: 12:40am On Aug 15, 2023
Olamidegal:
I am one year and three month old in marriage , my husband elder sister has her shop in front of our house , somehow the land belongs to there late mother who gave it to them .
The problem is my sister inlaw is very intrusive, always trying to have a say in the marriage , one time I have resisted her interference, she reported me to their father who came to the house to warn me that the elder sister is there to be leading both me and my husband in the marriage as an experience woman who is ten years old in marriage , I find this annoying but I just had to keep quiet .her workers do come into my house to pick anything from my kitchen or the room and use it carelessly . One time I got back home and I saw one of the wrapper I use in backing my baby tied arround the waist of one of her workers and I wasn't so cool with it , I told her to wash it and return it for me that I do not joke with that wrapper , she refuses , the next day I saw the wrapper on the floor very dirty and I was very angry I told her to go wash it and return it , she told me she can't cos she's not the only one that uses it and that it's my sister in law that brought it out, I told the girl that she should never enter my house to pick anything again when my sister in law arrived she started blackmailing me with so u cannot leave ordinary wrapper , if you say she shouldn't enter the house that means u pursued me and all..I had to stand my ground it's not just about the wrapper anymore , it's the fact that the girl was rude to me I am 10 years older than this girl and that I insist that she shouldn't enter my house again, she said stuffs like i am rude to her as well so I shouldn't bother about the girl being rude and left . Now she started acting up , but I make sure I greet her everyday and move on , I no longer sit with her or discuss with her sometimes she doesn't answer and sometimes she answer somehow , this girl of hers never greeted me again after that day .
Now the challenge is she had gone to report me to the father as usual , the father calls my husband and I don't know what they discuss but he has stopped talking to me in the house , he's always supporting his family anyway and his father has stopped calling me as well all of the calls themselves from time to time discussing me most times my husband run outside to answer there calls ..was I wrong in my approach, what could I have done better it looks like I am living among people that hate me they all stay close

How is it going now?
Send me an email where I can talk to you.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Emmanuel30a: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2023
Olamidegal:
Mumu...let me check your breast,etc; that isn't brest and abreast...I want to see someone or someones phone... How many times have you gone to Brent, etc; because of Best for Best or Born Best...?...
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 7:07am On Dec 09, 2023
LaShawn:

How is it going now?
Send me an email where I can talk to you.
.. nothing much Haa changed , I was able to get a teaching job the pay is very poor and all the money goes into transport and trying to fend for myself , I was hoping to atleast save and rent a room apartment, but I couldn't, i have not even be able to save ordinary 10k .you can reach out to me on ogunleyeolayinka54@gmail.com . Thanks ma
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Ohizman73(m): 8:19am On Dec 09, 2023
Did you not first date your husband before settling with him as a wife. which involves knowing his family and viewing them. Then also knowing where you are to reside during marriage and such necessary stuff that involves cohabition.all these have to have been sorted out b4 you took in.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Intergrated: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2023
Olamidegal:
.. nothing much Haa changed , I was able to get a teaching job the pay is very poor and all the money goes into transport and trying to fend for myself , I was hoping to atleast save and rent a room apartment, but I couldn't, i have not even be able to save ordinary 10k .you can reach out to me on ogunleyeolayinka54@gmail.com . Thanks ma
madam go your family house. Until that man is ready for the marriage. I hate reading stuffs like this. In law it's advised you separate first and see if there would be changesm
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Intergrated: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2023
Olamidegal:
madam go your family house. Until that man is ready for the marriage. I hate reading stuffs like this. In law it's advised you separate first and see if there would be changes
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Omoluabi16(m): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2023
Family land.. sister in law's shop right in front of your house. Lemme guess.. you father in law's house na like 20minutes drive? It's inevitable all these fights. Unfortunately, poor man is caught in the middle and will have to take sides eventually.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by dominique(f): 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Olamidegal:
my husband does not want my family to interfere in our marriage at all, he does not like any member of my family because when I was pregnant, there was a time we had issue and my mother called him to take things easy with me and all he got really angry and was rude to my mom he said my mom was supposed to instruct me to come beg him not preach to him to thread softly because whenever we have little issue he takes it to his family and his sister and dad are there the next day compelling me to kneel and Beg him. He told me that day that my family does not matter in the marriage that its only his family that matters cause they are husbands family. I try not to involve my family in any issue after that cos i really hate the way he spoke to my mom

The moment a man utters the bolded, better start making your exit plan. Such man will ensure his family frustrates the living daylights out of you. Who knows if it's under such circumstances that his mother died. Till you're able to stand on your own, just continue to ignore them. Begging an oppressor empowers them, stand your ground without being rude. If they see you're firm and not willing to bend over to please them, they will back down.
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ohizman73:
Did you not first date your husband before settling with him as a wife. which involves knowing his family and viewing them. Then also knowing where you are to reside during marriage and such necessary stuff that involves cohabition.all these have to have been sorted out b4 you took in.
we attended the same university, he's just a year above me we were friends but not dating , I have known this man since 2011 when I gained admission, we started dating arround covid 19 period and got married Dec 2021 , I didn't even know where I got it wrong, he looks so responsible outside, this man is a programmer who has built apps, I was working as a supervisor in a supermarket in ibadan and he was in lagos, so we didn't really meet during the dating period , relocating to his place is lagos after marriage made me leave my job when I was even due for promotion, we did court , traditional and church wedding , there was no way I could have known this man will do me like this , I didn't know where I got it wrong
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
Intergrated:
madam go your family house. Until that man is ready for the marriage. I hate reading stuffs like this. In law it's advised you separate first and see if there would be changes
my father has refused blatantly, he would not allow me to come home , I am still begging him till today
Re: My Husband And His Family Has Turned Against Me by Olamidegal(f): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
Olamidegal:
my father refused , he would not allow me to come home , I am still begging him till today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys Can You Slap A Married Woman In Public / To Whom Does The Child Belong To In Nigeria? The Father Or The Mother Or Both? / All Girls And Husband's Anger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.