Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. (12469 Views)

Debt Profile Of The 36 States As At December 2018 (Pictured) / FACT-CHECK: How Accurate Is Osinbajo’s Claim On Nigeria’s Debt Profile / "I Will Laugh Last", Fayose Tells Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by davidtemi(m): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
But mumus still voted for APC.
No mind dem. Wit all d complains in d country, I no expect APC to get 100k votes nationwide.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Stanleyallen17(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2023
And some person's here will be saying APC member will heal Nigeria from these problems.

Dey play!!!
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Iykopee(m): 8:46am On Apr 04, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
We only fear Debts because our leaders are extremely Corrupt!... No country on earth doesn't have Debts.. infact USA and so many European countries has bigger debts than us...no competent government fear Debts!.

You want to compete with USA and European countries on debt but you don't want to compete with them on good standard of living. grin grin

keep justifying the absurd. Reality will dawn on you sooner than later the negative effects of indebtedness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Dickson178(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2023
How this take concern common man like me ?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by SMARTMOTORS(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2023
If only you are literate enough to read and understand... You will see where I mentioned the negative effect of our debts and why we fear it...now I know why your leaders are corrupt, because the youths that are suppose to stand up are too myopic and uninformed!
Iykopee:

You want to compete with USA and European countries on debt but you don't want to compete with them on good standard of living. grin grin

keep justifying the absurd. Reality will dawn on you sooner than later the negative effects of indebtedness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by nigeriainfo: 8:57am On Apr 04, 2023
Rufai Oseni is Labour Party card carrying member

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Glorious4ever(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2023
Wehdone, sir.To everything done on earth is a reward waiting afterward.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Brushstrokes20: 9:01am On Apr 04, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! undecided

The lifeless looter and cohorts are all shades EVIL!
They've looted the Nig blind!
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Iykopee(m): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
If only you are literate enough to read and understand... You will see where I mentioned the negative effect of our debts and why we fear it...now I know why your leaders are corrupt, because the youths that are suppose to stand up are too myopic and uninformed!

I'm not literate enough simply because it is healthy to pile up debts even if our leaders aren't corrupt.

Obviously, a vast majority of Nigerians aren't thinking straight up.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Hessem: 9:04am On Apr 04, 2023
U will not see all those APC ass lickers here. They will avoid these thread like covid
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by gidgiddy: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2023
I remember the days when Nigerias debt was 30 billion Dollars and people were shouting

Those people are going to need loudspeakers now
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by emmybobo1: 9:09am On Apr 04, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
We only fear Debts because our leaders are extremely Corrupt!... No country on earth doesn't have Debts.. infact USA and so many European countries has bigger debts than us...no competent government fear Debts!.
Economist, what is the essence of taking a loan you can’t service. Did you go to even secondary school, because you sound so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Lemos14: 9:10am On Apr 04, 2023
sojayy:
What are these money used for?

I think you already know the answer to that question
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Confirm4real(m): 9:10am On Apr 04, 2023
My visa is almost ready I won't say more than that...

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by buzorcharles(m): 9:11am On Apr 04, 2023
Some people are useless. On this topic u won't see those talking bad about Peter obi. Hope the know they are "owing" 200k+ each from the Nigeria gbese?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by aksule(m): 9:12am On Apr 04, 2023
Judging from the recent elections results emanating from all the six geopolitical zones of the country and assuming it's the true will of those that voted, there's nothing to convince me in the near future that Nigeria is worth dying for. I assumed we voted according to our regional sentiments and to some extent religion and nothing to do with parties or so called development. From all indication, it seemed the voters are satisfied with the way things are going assuming the aforementioned factors are absent.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Lemos14: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:

All because you wanted to defend apc see how you've shown us the degree of your stupidity...read your comment again. Fool.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by IamAsiri: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2023
Growsss3:
This is serious

invest in charcoal business production and nationwide distribution, 35% return on investment per trip

Minimum investment is 1million naira for a full load of 911 truck goods

And 2.3 million for a full load of container truck

2-4 trip per month

Pls check my profile for contact details

And you just registered your account yesterday?
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by DesChyko: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2023
If Nigeria considered her economy a priority, there was only one choice at the ballots.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by tuoyoojo(m): 9:21am On Apr 04, 2023
the country is on life support

Oga Yakubu went to unplug the ventilator Nigeria was on in other to recharge his [/s]bank account[s] fone
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by Sunnyja: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2023
Ransomware:
I don't have a problem with debt, what I have a problem is this, with all the debt, are Nigerian's lives better than before? if not, where did all the money go? what was it used to do? If there are projects that were done with this money and did not make Nigerians better, what kind of feasibility study was done before it started?
what kind of white elephant project did this money go into?

But hey sprinkle a little tribalism and religious and the same people complaining now will come out and ask " Is he the first person to do it"
that is why Nigeria is going nowhere.
BMCs will soon show you second Niger bridge, infinity story buildings and bandits infested rotten railway lines.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by CodeTemplar: 9:26am On Apr 04, 2023
Buhari's APC vs Tinubu's APC loading ...

The strategy is to create a clean slate for the shaky shaky mandate man.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by obailala(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
FROM $18 BILLION TO OVER $103 BILLION 22 years ago. . . .THE HIGHEST IN NIGERIA'S 62 YEAR HISTORY

Oner 5 Trillion. . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2KJ6jB3EFk
Actually from $62billion, not $18.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by wolexy14(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
But mumus still voted for APC.
nobody voted for dem bro,only mumus did ..na select dem select give us ......people wey no go die well
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by CodeTemplar: 9:28am On Apr 04, 2023
Ransomware:
I don't have a problem with debt, what I have a problem is this, with all the debt, are Nigerian's lives better than before? if not, where did all the money go? what was it used to do? If there are projects that were done with this money and did not make Nigerians better, what kind of feasibility study was done before it started?
what kind of white elephant project did this money go into?

But hey sprinkle a little tribalism and religious and the same people complaining now will come out and ask " Is he the first person to do it"
that is why Nigeria is going nowhere.
The debt was used(AKA looted) like oyel money.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by stepaside2: 9:30am On Apr 04, 2023
OBJ met $30bln debt, paid $18bln and got $12bln forgiven and written off. That was one of OBJ's lasting legacies of prudent financial and fiscal management despite oil selling for less than $50/barrel for most of his tenure.

PMB went on an infrastructure spending spree despite low oil revenue earnings thereby accumulating over $100bln debt. Not a lot of critical thinking or financial intelligence and management by this regime.

BAT I believe will work with professionals, seasoned financial, fiscal and monetary experts to turn things around. First off, oil and gas prices are relatively high and will favour him in the short term. All he needs do is to ensure there is security to allow maximum production. Next is to remove fuel and power subsidies to plug a N6-8trn hole. Next is to plug revenue leakages and further raise revenues through well thought out policies and visionary thinking. He has done this before so I know he can do it again. Once these are in place, our revenues will be tripled within his first 4 years and our debt servicing will be less burdensome. He then needs to restructure our loans into longer term, less interest yielding ones. We don't need to pay them off in a hurry as we need the funds for massive development and turn around of our economy. Best luck to him and his team!
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2023
Iykopee:

I'm not literate enough simply because it is healthy to pile up debts even if our leaders aren't corrupt.

Obviously, a vast majority of Nigerians aren't thinking straight up.
oga loans are not bad..it's what you use it for that matters...your leaders borrow loans to feed their stomachs and service their Private jets... a government having is not bad, even China that we borrow from has bigger debts than us but their economy is doing well..
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by History555: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2023
Buhari borrowed 22 trillion from cbn. No one knows wat he did with it

Buhari borrowed $18 billion in dollar, euro bond, chinese loan, world bank etc. No one knows wat he did with it

Buhari borrowed 44 trillion from debt mkt via govt bonds and treasury bills. No one knows wat he did with it
Re: Nigeria's Debt Profile Under Buhari's APC. by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2023
emmybobo1:

Economist, what is the essence of taking a loan you can’t service. Did you go to even secondary school, because you sound so dumb.
Mister! There are some loan that can't even be serviced by a government till the end of there administration....but using the loans to build tangible things to boost the economy that will generate revenue to service the debt years later is what every government does! Both USA, China, Russia even Britain all borrow loans...but because there leaders are not corrupt they pump the loans into key areas of their economy and they will be able to service the loan and have a stable economy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Seized Turai’s Land - Minister / Buhari Versus Buhari / Olufunso Amosun Celebrates Her 50th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.