Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,924 members, 7,952,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Children Of Nairaland (chon) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Children Of Nairaland (chon) (1084 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / 6 Memorable Things We Did As Kids (Children Of The 70's And Early 80's) / Children Of African Parents Who Grew Up In America,pretending Not To Be African? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
First and foremost, I want to use this forum to thank SEUN for all his efforts on Nairaland. I also want to beg SEUN the moderator of Nairaland to please IN THE NAME OF GOD do something very important here.

1. Please ask all Naira landers to update their profile again and state clearly their AGES and location.

2. Please ensure that when someone make a post or comment, only people of his/her age-mate can read or have access to their comments or post.

3. let us also know those that are not in Nigeria by making their comment differently coloured and even display where they are currently (i may help you with that if am sought) so we can see where they truly are (some are in Topa or Mesebo in Cotonou and say they are in Texas, USA) and also decide if we want t read their comment or not as many of them want to oppress/flaunt at any available opportunity about where they are even when not asked (regular naija oppression mentality).

In African culture elders and children don't talk on same forum. Its either elders talk, children listen or elders talk separately and children talk separately. I have read a lot of blasphemy here seemingly posted by children, and i don't blame them, they are just TOO, TOO young to understand many things. Some things are not meant for public hearing(called classified) and some are not meant for kids (parental guidance and control).

I am SO, SO, SO TIRED of reading comments by children hiding behind computers to talk. All this CHILDREN OF NAIRALAND (CHON) are so, so many and they need a forum of their own.

I know it may be difficult for you SEUN to do, but i believe if you can go this far, you should make it better. GOD is your strength.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by ogeelove(f): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
@isleman hi. i believe nairaland is a board for everybody and anybody to talk on. sometimes wise words do come out from the young uns. tolerance is the key. if you do not like a comment move on or report to a moderator. and no i am not young. hope this soothes ur nerves. cheers wink
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by oladosusak(f): 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2011
An opportunity you’ve been waiting for to be a landlord is here. At Silver Spring peninsular, a serviced estate located off Agric bus stop, Ikorodu, You can buy a piece of land for as low as N250, 000 or N450, 000 or N850, 000. You can pay in bits after the down payment as low as N10, 000 and pay the balance over 24 months. Most interestingly, if you could pay just 50% for any of the options; you have your piece of land allocated to you. What a UNIQUE offer!
For further details, visit our website: www.silverspringpeninsula.com or you can call: John on 08137777641.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by ogeelove(f): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
@oladosusak r u serious? cant u create a new topic for ur advert?
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by olawalebabs(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2011
In as much as the OP may have the best of intention in starting this thread, but i see it more as inferior complexity. if person like make he dey ajase talk say him dey Washington, na him sabi what we need is robust argument that will improve our situation
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
ogeelove:

@isleman hi. i believe nairaland is a board for everybody and anybody to talk on. sometimes wise words do come out from the young uns. tolerance is the key. if you do not like a comment move on or report to a moderator. and no i am not young. hope this soothes your nerves. cheers wink

Thanks pal for your comments. indeed it is tolerable, but when they begin to misbehave and mis-yearn, it becomes unbearable. Don't you think some of those unholy and cruel abuse on Nairaland are from these kids? would any mature person ever speak carelessly at another person? only uncontrolled kids behind computers can do that  and in as much as can perpetrate this behind computers, there should also be a good control of how some comments are spilled to the public.

thanks.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by olawalebabs(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
isleman, i understand your grouse, but being abusive, cute and civil is not only a function of age, some people abuse the anonymity the cyber space confers to misbehave, just look beyond them nd move forward, that is how to treat them. cheers grin
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
olawalebab:

In as much as the OP may have the best of intention in starting this thread, but i see it more as inferior complexity. if person like make he dey ajase talk say him dey Washington, na him sabi what we need is robust argument that will improve our situation

we didn't ask them, why tell us? who hasn't traveled before? its a major Nigeria mentality that make people do evil things to be counted (oppression).

I don't have to flaunt what i have done as i don't expect to be the only one to had done it. but when people begin to flaunt over it even when un-necessary, only those who want to oppress flaunt such.

I only ask for everybody's location be revealed which is achievable with today's technology along with their username, so that all that cheap lies can be cleared and we can move on with the thread at hand.

i'd never felt inferior over anything, no matter what.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
olawalebab:

isleman, i understand your grouse, but being abusive, cute and civil is not only a function of age, some people abuse the anonymity the cyber space confers to misbehave, just look beyond them nd move forward, that is how to treat them. cheers grin

Yes i agree with you, if people know that they are in a forum of their peer, they would rather behave or be quiet, and if they misbehave, his peer will call him/her to order how his age should be corrected.

really just think NL should add more control features.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by olawalebabs(m): 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2011
What is the assurance that people will say or add their real age if that is added to the profile section?
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2011
at least, when they misbehave, we know they've lied and their profile can be re-associated with the age group they portray.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by olawalebabs(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2011
I love your spirit, in as much as i try to 'discourage' you, you always have plan B, carry go then.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
i like when people respect other people's opinion, but when children try to behave like adults, they should be told they are still underage.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2011
isleman:

Thanks pal for your comments. indeed it is tolerable, but when they begin to misbehave and mis-yearn, it becomes unbearable. Don't you think some of those unholy and cruel abuse on Nairaland are from these kids? would any mature person ever speak carelessly at another person? only uncontrolled kids behind computers can do that  and in as much as can perpetrate this behind computers, there should also be a good control of how some comments are spilled to the public.

thanks.

Your observation simply supports the view that Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigerian society and nothing more.
From the unreconstructed troll, to the ethnic jingoist, to the religious fundie, to the sycophantic political jobber, to the secessionist as well as your purveyour of crass music, NL's got them all grin
My guess is some of those you regard as kids are actually adults whose mental development has been severely impacted by Nigeria's slow (or uneven) growth. angry

I do not discount the concerns you've raised completely.
But I think the solution you want may lie in creating a new Forum, where the mods enforce a higher standard.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Your observation simply supports the view that Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigerian society and nothing more.
From the unreconstructed troll, to the ethnic jingoist, to the religious fundie, to the sycophantic political jobber, to the secessionist as well as your purveyour of crass music, NL's got them all grin
My guess is some of those you regard as kids are actually adults whose mental development has been severely impacted by Nigeria's slow (or uneven) growth. angry

But I think the solution you want may lie in creating a new Forum, where the mods enforce a higher standard.

Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Wow!! that's quite harder, but it might just be true. If they are truly adults, i beg permission to weep for this country. we wont get there.

but sincerely, am tired of reading craps. You read several craps before reading some sensible posts.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by ogeelove(f): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
@isleman if u check the profile page there is allowance for the age and location. it however depends on the individual to choose to or not to. on facebook i choose not to have my age on it. wats age got to do wit it. pls lets break all the social barriers and give people a voice and confidence to speak up for their beliefs whether it is negative or positive is another matter. also as we are all not sitting on one spot shouting at each other we tend to listen more to wat others have got to say. cheer up man. life is too short to bother with other people's ego.aaaaaaannnd if i may add some grown up men(both genders) behave childish so lets not cast aspersions.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by LoveKing(m): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Op

are you jobless? we have sane issues to talk about, and this is what you end up with.
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
Be honest, i have read some comments i consider funny, those people just what to be funny and that is allowed. But when people are not modern

haven you read some posts that upsets you not because it doesn't go with your view but because the poster sound senseless and childish? besides that, people using F-words to abuse and some even abuse before making their own comments.

Yes, anyone can be anywhere, we don't wanna know!!! that doesn't even bother me much like the rains of abuse, insults, unwise and unfriendly posts.

if i disagree with your view, should i then start abusing you or say you lie?
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2011
LoveKing:

@Op

are you jobless? we have sane issues to talk about, and this is what you end up with.

go to house of assembly
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by ogeelove(f): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2011
@isleman you see this thread is already generating some heat. you and loveking are already on each other's throats. the same thing you have complained about. be wise man. if i may ask are you an old man? for i can just envisage you with a beard and bottle spectacle. only want to lighten up the atmosphere grin
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
ogeelove:

@isleman you see this thread is already generating some heat. you and loveking are already on each other's throats. the same thing you have complained about. be wise man. if i may ask are you an old man? for i can just envisage you with a beard and bottle spectacle. only want to lighten up the atmosphere grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

of course, we should catch fun, i like funny posts a lot. i just don't like ill manners, that's all. you don't know somebody and you just abusing them undecided undecided undecided
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by ogeelove(f): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ isleman okayooooooooo. but u still haven't answered my question. wink
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by isleman(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2011
old man?? nahh!! still in my 30s

beards?? - fairly.

glasses yeah!! but designer. happy now?
Re: Children Of Nairaland (chon) by ogeelove(f): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ isleman grin grin grin grin grin. you see i am half psychic.

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Past. / . / The Funniest or Embarrassing Moment You Had Or Witnessed On a Public Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.