Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? (1706 Views)

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? / Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:59am On Apr 06, 2023
How many people still drive car with barefoot 🦶 or am I the only one?

July will make it 2 years I have been driving yet still can’t drive when I wear shoes or slides
And how can I stop it?

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Ireportlive: 4:22am On Apr 06, 2023
When I am driving a manual car I do prefer barefoot or just socks
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by completey(f): 4:26am On Apr 06, 2023
I prefer driving manual with barefoot and I can't change it again.
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by dawnomike(m): 4:33am On Apr 06, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

July will make it 2 years I have been driving yet still can’t drive when I am wear shoes or slides
And how can I stop it?
This is due to the fact that you started off with the habit while learning to drive... When I started driving, an in-law warned me against it saying; I would get used to driving without shoes. So, I kept my shoes on!!!

11 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Divoc19(f): 5:30am On Apr 06, 2023
Driving manual cars with shoe ain't cool for me. I'd probably get an accident cheesy

If you want to learn how to drive a manual car with shoe, start by driving on a bad road.
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Stanweezy(m): 5:34am On Apr 06, 2023
Interesting
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by fineboynl(m): 5:37am On Apr 06, 2023
I was learning manual with high slide shoes. It was not accurate with the pressing and engagements. I told my instructor it because of my palms slippers he then said I should use my foot.

I have tried since then to drive auto with my shoes it was difficult men. As a result of that i have slippers in my car. I always pull of my shoe to drive and if there is emergency to come out i used the slippers to come out and work around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by jasent(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

July will make it 2 years I have been driving yet still can’t drive when I am wear shoes or slides
And how can I stop it?
Barefoot driving is a crime o,non let police catch you
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by imoh4king(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2023
dawnomike:
This is due to the fact that you started off with the habit while learning to drive... When I started driving, an in-law warned me against it saying; I would get used to driving without shoes. So, I kept my shoes on!!!

I also started off with shoes but along, I realised that driving with barefoot was more convenient and safe especially when you want to avoid slippery shoes that can cause mistakes and you want to be sure of the pressure you use on the gas or accelerator and brake pedal.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by imoh4king(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2023
fineboynl:
I was learning manual with high slide shoes. It was not accurate with the pressing and engagements. I told my instructor it because of my palms slippers he then said I should use my foot.

I have tried since then to drive auto with my shoes it was difficult men. As a result of that i have slippers in my car. I always pull of my shoe to drive and if there is emergency to come out i used the slippers to come out and work around.

Hmmm... Using slippers is really a good idea. I never thought of that since i am a fan of driving with barefoot.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by chinachukwu(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2023
imoh4king:

Hmmm... Using slippers is really a good idea. I never thought of that since i am a fan of driving with barefoot.

If you mean our typical bathroom slippers, it can be dangerous especially unfitted ones, it might hook one of the pedals during foot changing "gas pedal to brake" avoid that slippers!!!
Talking from experience..

Meanwhile, i drive with shoes, sandals etc but not barefoot.. I hate driving with barefoot, feels awkward for me!

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Bahamas95(m): 8:03am On Apr 06, 2023
OP you ain't alone, my mum is also like that. She can't drive with shoes on. cheesy

As for me I don't feel comfortable driving without shoes, even while riding my bicycle I wear shoe or sandal with good grip......I can't ride with slippers.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by RichieDasaint: 8:07am On Apr 06, 2023
It happens to me too October last year when I bought my Toyota Corolla my friend that thought me how to drive said I should not put on shoe or palm that I should go barefoot so that I will be able to feel the break now I can’t drive with my shoes on it has even become something else to the point that I even pull off my palms before entering my own car to drive as if na my house I won enter con Dey pull off shoe or palm for domot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by imoh4king(m): 9:24am On Apr 06, 2023
RichieDasaint:
It happens to me too October last year when I bought my Toyota Corolla my friend that thought me how to drive said I should not put on shoe or palm that I should go barefoot so that I will be able to feel the break now I can’t drive with my shoes on it has even become something else to the point that I even pull off my palms before entering my own car to drive as if na my house I won enter con Dey pull off shoe or palm for domot

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by imoh4king(m): 9:25am On Apr 06, 2023
chinachukwu:

If you mean our typical bathroom slippers, it can be dangerous especially unfitted ones, it might hook one of the pedals during foot changing "gas pedal to brake" avoid that slippers!!!
Talking from experience..

Meanwhile, i drive with shoes, sandals etc but not barefoot.. I hate driving with barefoot, feels awkward for me!

True!

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by IkeIgboNile(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2023
I too don't drive with shoes or slippers on. That was how i was taught to drive manual and i have continued driving automatics same way. Two people who i taught(coached) how to drive, do so barefooted.
To me it makes more sense to drive barefooted especially when it's long distance because you can feel the car acceleration and brakes better when you're barefooted.

4 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2023
dawnomike:
I had to condition myself to learn driving with shoes all over again, learning with bare feet is a bad thing. The only thing I'll never do is driving with slippers or slides like someone mentioned

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Whois(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2023
Lol I feel confident driving with bare foot than with shoes grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by davillian(m): 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2023
if I'm doing long distance I de remove shoes o or slippers
But short trips I keep shoes on and remove slippers
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
jasent:

Barefoot driving is a crime o,non let police catch you
Really?
Have no clue.
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by SkengRay: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2023
I'm 6'3. Omo I can't drive with shoes whether manual or auto na straight accident

3 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
SkengRay:
I'm 6'3. Omo I can't drive with shoes whether manual or auto na straight accident

The last time I said let me try it again I almost hit someone car I just don’t feel it at all.

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2023
I am 6ft I de drive with anything.
Shoes, canvas, slippers, sandals or palms.
Driving barefooted makes me feel awkward.
Na automatic sha, the last time I drove manuel was during my driving school sessions 5 years ago.
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by RoadMozart(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2023
I feel driving without shoes on make you feel more connected to the vehicle. But in most advanced countries in the world like America its illegal in some states to drive without shoes. Whenever I want to drive long distance, I put on timberland,boots, sneakers or at least slippers.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by fineboynl(m): 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
imoh4king:

i don’t drive with slippers. I just put it inside. I used it as emergency incase i wear shoes it would be easy to come out from the car from time to time.

Attached is something like this

It also serves well incase of rain.

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by diportivo: 8:39am On Apr 07, 2023
na wa o

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Elsueno: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
I used to drive without shoes, mostly because the person who gave me pointers liked to do it.....but it became annoying after a while, as I usually wear Oxford looking shoes & boots with socks....It means I had to remove them inside B4 driving & put it back on again...

One day I just decided to try driving with shoes on, it was uncomfortable for a few days...but eventually I can't even tell the difference...I can drive with any kind of shoes no problemu!😁

1 Like

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by 9icetoo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
diportivo:
na wa o
My brother.

The matter weak me. Abeg pass me the kpoli.
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2023
If u learn without shoes,its hard to unlearn it.i made it a habit to drive with different type of shoes, both bulky and comfy ones.Now even if I wear bucket for leg..I will drive the car
Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by RoadMozart(m): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2023
For long trips

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Horlawoomey(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2023
I drive with anything, trainers, trekkers, sanders, palm slippers and heavy site safety boots. The most convenient for me is those loofers. I can't drive with my barefoot.

2 Likes

Re: How Many People Still Drive Car With Barefoot Or Am I The Only One? by Sammy101111(m): 2:31am On Apr 11, 2023
I prefer driving with bare foot less friction or slippery shoes.
Less accident

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leaking Radiator / Top 5 Most Fuel-efficient Toyota Cars In 2017 / Toyota Map On Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.