Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers (54487 Views)

The Fake Families Being Smuggled Into The UK / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by tonicyril: 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
in fact you have said it all. Nothing more to add . Voluntary pillaging and voluntary enslavement. You pillage yourself and go give the bounty to the white man and then render your services to literarily wipe his yansh for cheap money ? No be juju be dat ? You have been enslaved and pillaged but you did it yourself. Most of these people get carried away by the pound strength but they don't know what you pay for rent per month over there is what we pay for the whole year. So whatever you make there it stays there. Bills . Unless you just are into crime then you can make money there. But if you are not into crime in the UK ? Forget that thing oooo. After working for 30 years you will look at your bank account and see just 1000 pounds saving grin

NOT SUPPORTING CRIME OOO
1k pound in 30yrs bro...

U wee not cee heaven grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by arazanbal: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
God. This nor be life na

sukkot:
brother, even medical doctors are not well paid in the UK talk less of security. Let me break it down for you. They pay about 15 pounds per hour if you are in London and cheaper outside. Let's say you can do 60 hours a week that is 900 pounds a week or let's say 3600 a month . It appeArs like a lot if you convert to naira. But you live in London and don't spend naira. Ok so you are at a higher tax bracket which is 40 percent so you take home like 2700 a month. It's London so your rent is like say 1000 if say you are single and no family and managing a small one bedroom. So that 1700 left. Council tax is like 150. You left with 1550. Let's say your utilities 300 a month you have 1250. Transport lets say 200. That's 1050. Phone and internet lets say 100. That's 950. Feeding let's say 400. That's 550 left. Clothing and haircut and miscellaneous like eating out and sending to naija etc and buying naija foods let's say like 300 a month. You have 250 left. Young guy you want trip woman to movies or go pub to drink pints of beer etc let's say 200 a month. You have 50 pounds left. Now this is calculation for single man. If you have wife and children may GOD help you is your cAse lol

just checked the hourly rate in london. its 12 not 15. so i was being generous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Trybes(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
sisisioge:

Hmmmm, what faces person A might be backing person B o. Many didnt plan it well while some just did it for basic things like:

1. The free education for the kids. O boy, my friends kids are doing the kind of researches our university students cant do in their grade schools. Their level of thinking, discussions and reasoning is humbling to those of us that grew up in naija. You speak to a 6yo and wonder where that confidence and brightness came from...

2. Healthcare. Hmmmm, I dont want to tell you what someone close to me went through last year. If it were in naija, she's a goner. We thank God and the country for mercies.

3. Peace of mind and better quality of life. I cant over emphasize it. A friend visited naija recently from Canny and was unable to have a good night sleep, he had forgotten the kind of unrest that was our "normal" ....Bangers, gun shots, armed robbers, naija police, agbero, reckless road users, avoidable deaths, messy healthcare, etc.

4. Better infrastructures

5. The choice of country. There are some countries that is a sheer waste of time and resources. At the moment, UK is saturated, some parts of the US is dangerous. Na to choose right o.

Honestly, if one hasn't left naija, one wont realize what one is missing. Yes, it's expensive, harder to break into the labour market especially to be on the same level one was in naija, harder to save money, harder to get used to their food....but the means justifies the end. If them clean up naija today....everyone will run back home cos there is no place like home.
In addition to what you have correctly said, some Japaed from Nigeria so they can live and not die of hunger. The greed and embezzlement level in this enclave is pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by uvie66: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
in fact you have said it all. Nothing more to add . Voluntary pillaging and voluntary enslavement. You pillage yourself and go give the bounty to the white man and then render your services to literarily wipe his yansh for cheap money ? No be juju be dat ? You have been enslaved and pillaged but you did it yourself. Most of these people get carried away by the pound strength but they don't know what you pay for rent per month over there is what we pay for the whole year. So whatever you make there it stays there. Bills . Unless you just are into crime then you can make money there. But if you are not into crime in the UK ? Forget that thing oooo. After working for 30 years you will look at your bank account and see just 1000 pounds saving grin

NOT SUPPORTING CRIME OOO
nonsense talk, don't say what you have not experienced, yes, you are right there are bills to pay and the mortgage\rent is high, however after staying abroad for a significant amount of year's one will assume the individual should be earning an above average salary to enable him to save a substantial sum every month.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by ShaqFu: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ishilove:

Yes you are tongue
ThanK heavens I ain't cheap. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by lifenajeje(m): 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Klass99:

Yep you were fortunate to have japa-ed when things were better and less expensive. I hear about the cost of relocation too and like you I think to myself......mehn this is crazy! I can't do this and I won't do it, even if I have that kind of money.

To me it feels like a rip off and pillage of our resources, similar to what the crown did to us years ago through colonization. Where they looted and plundered our lands, only this time, we are the ones willfully participating in this rip off.

A close friend confided in me that she felt blue and downcast, because almost everyone she knows has japa-ed, even people junior to her in status and financial well being. I laughed and had a lengthy conversation with her on the importance of not looking at others or jumping on the japa train, for all the wrong reasons.

She and hubby own a house here, I asked her, are you willing to give that up to start over at your age? In a foreign country that is now over-flooded with immigrants and barely enough jobs/resouces to go round? I sent her a Youtube video as well to help inform her decision at the end of the day.

Pls I need link to the video before making the wrong decision
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by xevove2061: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

The same applies everywhere. There's no country where the higher you earn as a salary earner, the lower your taxes. Even in tax havens, high earners (salary earners) pay the highest tax band. The problem in the UK as most of Europe is limited economic opportunities due to over-regulatory policies, feeding bottle mentality by the native citizens and an aging population. Even the aging population which is ubiquitous in Japan and South Korea, I'm willing to bet there are more economic opportunities in both countries compared to most parts of Europe because they've a fast growing South East Asia nearby and a huge consumer nation in China. Isn't that why European leaders are always in Asia due to economic and trade deals? Europe has limited economic opportunities and very high taxes. In California where taxes are similar to European levels, residents on average out-earn their European counterparts because of the dynamic US economy.

Across the world, only Australia, Singapore and Switzerland come close to the US in terms of salaries but none come close in terms of how dynamic, diversified and huge the American economy is. The issue isn't high taxes, but economic opportunities to earn more money. That's a European problem which isn't peculiar to the UK. Like a reddit comment said, give me more money and economic opportunities, I will sort out the taxes later. Where Europeans wan see high salaries?

Actually, companies have more ways to avoid paying taxes in the US than in Europe. It's easier to avoid paying taxes in the US. The difference is that American companies have more economic opportunities and a consumer market that in my opinion spends more than Europeans. As a result, they pay high salaries and can hire and fire at ease. Such isn't the same in Europe. People are taxed very high in most US states especially Democrat governed, but they've a dynamic economy that churns out jobs yanfu-yanfu and can easily move to states with low taxes where English is the lingua franca. How many Brits can easily move to Switzerland today to work? Even Italians find it difficult sef.

Point of correction, you will earn almost double of what you will earn in America in Switzerland. Yes, read that again, you cannot compare an average annual salary of 45k dollars a year in the states to 80kCHF in switzerland. The difference is obviously clear! Secondly, alot of brits are in switzerland working and they prefer to be in switzerland working than in britain. Italians who find jobs and want to move from Italy to switzerland or from the italian part to the german partcan do so with great ease and not have any single issue. Infact, if they are able to work for 5years they should be able to get a C permit which is the level before the Swisspassport.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Ishilove: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
ThanK heavens I ain't cheap. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
You are a rugged Nigerian man. You cannot afford to be cheap otherwise my Nigerian sisters will show you shege grin
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by CaptainFM1: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
Talentuex:
I've always been caught in the middle about moving abroad..
Cos when I look at the cost its +(-)20million.. with that money I can buy a decent house In Ibadan and b come a landlord
And sometimes I think about my kids and would want them to have opportunities I never had., It's a constant battle for me do I move or stay?

I can tell you for a fact because I've tried both worlds. The best place to be comparatively is 9ja provided it doesn't implode.

Back then, going abroad use to be for the super rich and maybe few lucky common citizens. But now, the gate is wide open in this Japa generation.

The best people abroad favours are people that have the fund to go and come back. Many going there to stay permanently are not necessarily better off than people back home.

Oyinbo are super-smart people. They have a cunny way of controlling people's mind. Our people will forever till the soil for them the way I see it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Pascal9: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
livingstone2013:
I heard security guards are well paid in UK because they do a lot of overtime.
soo when do you have time to enjoy the money, or you will leave it for another person, wasted existence, anybody that have money to Japan from Nigeria have the resources to enjoy life here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by OvertheTop(m): 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
sisisioge:

You're right to an extent but my 100mil is hypothetical and I do not want to be caged in my home forever. I want to explore and live before my bones become too tired to do so. I want to move freely around without fear of the untoward. By the way, the nice gated estate in Lekki no even clean/fine pass middle class areas for Athens o. Why dont they make a lot of lekkis out of our dear country? May God help the country.

100mil Naira wow. shocked shocked shocked
to Save that kin money....You must be Earing More than 2Million naira per Month!!

Where una dey see this kin JOB for 9ja?? shocked shocked shocked

Please Share info naa...
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Pascal9: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2023
livingstone2013:
I heard security guards are well paid in UK because they do a lot of overtime.
chai Nigerians have become aboki megard.just like some people from Niger republic feel that they are paid very well doing megard in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by olumide4christ: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
Klass99:

Some japa stories intrigue me because they are done by people who were doing reasonably well in Naija and not suffering at all. They never let you in on their plans but once they get there, you start receiving text messages about their relocation and texts soliciting prayers for their success in the new land.

I don't have a problem with being left in the dark about their relocation plans or praying for them, but don't try to turn me into a prayer warrior on top of your issues. One friend is in the habit of constantly badgering you about prayers, in the course of a conversation she will say stuff like - that is one more thing you should be praying for, for me, as if you owe her a duty of prayers.

Another whose hubby worked as a senior manager in a good firm and she in a federal agency, with a thriving cake business on the side japa-ed too. She took a leave of absence at work but is actively job searching in the UK now. When she mentioned the leave of absence I told her point blank no dey whine yourself, do you honestly think your hubby will let you return to that job and leave him with 3 kids in the UK? You better focus on your new life there and finding a job because your old life as you knew it is over.

And boy was her cake business good, she even diversified into pastries, small chops and a bit of chinese cuisine. The things we give up for this japa dream ehn, I hope and pray it all works out for good. I read online that in our quest for something better we don't even take the time to enjoy the good things we already have, we are always fixated on something better.

So well said!

Just like they usually say, a word is enough for the wise!

I hope some people will learn from your wise words and this wonderful thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by LORETA: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Am stranded at the pos machine, 2 hours now....sent 20k from zenith bank to my access...till now it didnt reflect...sent 10k to palmpay...the pos operator account...it still didnt reflect.. .I then sent 5k to opay....Am still here sitting on the bench hoping it reflect....if the money is needed for life n death...will u imagine what would be my story now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by LORETA: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
I have good amount of money in my zenithbank...I can still access it till now as I speak....if you have the opportunity, pls leave and only visit
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Smartguyboy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
sisisioge:
If you've been in naija for a while suffering the naija situation, the money will just be like an affordable means to an end.

Back in naija, I would close at VI at exactly 5pm, prior to that I would change my parking so I could hit the road immediately cos I was going to Oregun, then proceed to spend another 3 to 4 hrs on the road. Not a smooth drive o, traffic holdup, other crazy drivers, potholes and cracks everywhere. It was crazy!

Get home nko, I was lucky to live in the bit where PHCN hardly took light, but there are still days they did. Then I'm stuck with the heat or generator's noise all through the night.

Eat a simple meal, sleep to repeat the next day. Omo,e no easy o. I quickly lost weight like person on a weight lost journey and became an angry Nigerian as I felt cheated by the system. My former workplace was like 15mins drive from home....the stress was real.

So if I had a 100mil, I would spend it to get out of the hell-hole to go and become a street sweeper in the UK so long as my peace is guaranteed. I dislike wahala like kilode.
How would you know your peace is guaranteed when they are stabbing people up and down especially blacks and the govt will not do anything. If I live in nice place in Nigeria with a nice paying job 800k above fu*k uk πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§. Better be a lion 🦁 in a jungle than a rat πŸ€ in the city .

I always want a five star live you can’t get that abroad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SpyChild: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
Talentuex:
Cos when I look at the cost its +(-)20million.. with that money I can buy a decent house In Ibadan and b come a landlord
And sometimes I think about my kids and would want them to have opportunities I never had., It's a constant battle for me do I move or stay?
do it for your kids.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Pascal9: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
that's good stuff that you had transferable skills. Is it IT ? but brother even at that the amount you put up there is struggle territory for a family of 4 in America. 6500 a month for a family of four ? When you pay your rent, health insurance, car payment, insurance, feeding for 4, school fees, clothing for 4 etc etc in a month that money is finished. I know single people in America who eArn that amount and say they are struggling, talk less of a family of 4. You can't even be in New York or California ,rent would eat all that money up. I wouldn't give up 700,000 per month in Nigeria to go eArn 6500 a month in America. See brother you got bamboozled by the false equivalent. The false equivalent is the exchange rAte but in America you spend dollars and not naira and for example when you convert what you pay per month for rent in America, it would be what you pay for annual rent in naija. The false equivalent . Never compare salaries between two country because the cost of living is never the same between two country
6500dollars for a family of 4, keep deceiving yourself.you are scraping there.i better keep my job in Nigeria, established my wife and enjoy my fresh fish perpersoup, free from crazy bills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by olumide4christ: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
oh it's a true story. Got the conversations on my wassap. It's not an original story these days. Many like him. It's the long throat syndrome. My life is greAt but there is this opportunity to japa with easy visa. Long throat. Destroy yourself because of long throat. I believe it's some kind of divine punishment for people who lack contentment after the LORD has blessed them. He will allow them to go destroy themselves and lose it all

At the bolded above...this is serious word!

I will save it somewhere...more of God's wisdom to you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by ShaqFu: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ishilove:

You are a rugged Nigerian man. You cannot afford to be cheap otherwise my Nigerian sisters will show you shege grin
Hallelujah. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by CodeTemplar: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
If you have ever been kidnapped and drained with ransom of you hard earned money, you will understand easily why people against so many odds, leave assured businesses with opportunities for uncertainty.
There are those who are just rich and want to do it as part of the bandwagon effect but they are very few.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by uvie66: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
livingstone2013:
My friend who relocated to Sunderland 6 months ago analysed to me that Japa to UK is still better than Nigeria. That He saves 500 pounds monthly after bills ( which is about 500k naira) compared to me doing white collar job and earning 300k naira salary in Nigeria. He does minimum wage job in Sunderland @10 pounds per hour and on dependent visa while his wife is on student visa.....my brother he is saying the truth, it is very very possible. 500 Γ— 12= 6000 abi...@ #940 to a Β£ that is over 5.5 million a year
saved

I don't know if he is lying that he saves 500 pounds monthly cause that looks good while doing menial jobs in Sunderland. Compared to white collar job in Lagos that pays 300k for the whole month. My brain has been curious if he is saying the truth or not.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by uvie66: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
livingstone2013:
My friend who relocated to Sunderland 6 months ago analysed to me that Japa to UK is still better than Nigeria. That He saves 500 pounds monthly after bills ( which is about 500k naira) compared to me doing white collar job and earning 300k naira salary in Nigeria. He does minimum wage job in Sunderland @10 pounds per hour and on dependent visa while his wife is on student visa.

I don't know if he is lying that he saves 500 pounds monthly cause that looks good while doing menial jobs in Sunderland. Compared to white collar job in Lagos that pays 300k for the whole month. My brain has been curious if he is saying the truth or not.
...my brother he is saying the truth, it is very very possible. 500 Γ— 12= 6000 abi...@ #940 to a Β£ that is over 5.5 million a year
saved
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by EteBabaagba222(m): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Klass99:

Some japa stories intrigue me because they are done by people who were doing reasonably well in Naija and not suffering at all. They never let you in on their plans but once they get there, you start receiving text messages about their relocation and texts soliciting prayers for their success in the new land.

I don't have a problem with being left in the dark about their relocation plans or praying for them, but don't try to turn me into a prayer warrior on top of your issues. One friend is in the habit of constantly badgering you about prayers, in the course of a conversation she will say stuff like - that is one more thing you should be praying for, for me, as if you owe her a duty of prayers.

Another whose hubby worked as a senior manager in a good firm and she in a federal agency, with a thriving cake business on the side japa-ed too. She took a leave of absence at work but is actively job searching in the UK now. When she mentioned the leave of absence I told her point blank no dey whine yourself, do you honestly think your hubby will let you return to that job and leave him with 3 kids in the UK? You better focus on your new life there and finding a job because your old life as you knew it is over.

And boy was her cake business good, she even diversified into pastries, small chops and a bit of chinese cuisine. The things we give up for this japa dream ehn, I hope and pray it all works out for good. I read online that in our quest for something better we don't even take the time to enjoy the good things we already have, we are always fixated on something better.

I didn't get the whole thing yet. And my problem with them if you don't have intrest is that you're not serious. A pastor was even telling me Abraham relocated n stuff like that.

A friend whose income allow him 1m houserent after his personal house, cars and lucrative and legitimate business is now working as a chef in Canada. He complained to me recently, I just don't reply his messages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by uvie66: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
alright let's do the math on your lying friend. 10 pounds per hour at 40 hours a week is 1600 a month. Tax will leave him with 1200 a month . Rent in Sunderland maybe 500 a month he has 700 left. Utilities like 300. He has 400 left. Council tax 150. He has 250 left. Phone and internet. 100. He has 150 left.

I haven't added feeding and this your friend has only 150 left. I put it to you that your friend does not even make enough to feed himself or get a haircut or buy clothes. He will be one of those Nigerians over there who go to Salvation Army charity or church charity to get free food because they can't feed tbemself. Almost 40 percent of Nigerians in the UK cannot afford food. If you go to the charity section of every church where they give free food to the hungry it's full of Nigerian families.
this is how you people fail exam, why, because you have made a lot of erroneous assumptions. The Man said he lives with his wife who is a student, how do you know the wife is not working, what makes think he only works 40 hours and why assume that he is responsible for all the household bills and his wife do not assume some responsibilities.....so assertion may be wrong.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by okuta007: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
sisisioge:

Hmmmm, what faces person A might be backing person B o. Many didnt plan it well while some just did it for basic things like:

1. The free education for the kids. O boy, my friends kids are doing the kind of researches our university students cant do in their grade schools. Their level of thinking, discussions and reasoning is humbling to those of us that grew up in naija. You speak to a 6yo and wonder where that confidence and brightness came from...

2. Healthcare. Hmmmm, I dont want to tell you what someone close to me went through last year. If it were in naija, she's a goner. We thank God and the country for mercies.

3. Peace of mind and better quality of life. I cant over emphasize it. A friend visited naija recently from Canny and was unable to have a good night sleep, he had forgotten the kind of unrest that was our "normal" ....Bangers, gun shots, armed robbers, naija police, agbero, reckless road users, avoidable deaths, messy healthcare, etc.

4. Better infrastructures

5. The choice of country. There are some countries that is a sheer waste of time and resources. At the moment, UK is saturated, some parts of the US is dangerous. Na to choose right o.

Honestly, if one hasn't left naija, one wont realize what one is missing. Yes, it's expensive, harder to break into the labour market especially to be on the same level one was in naija, harder to save money, harder to get used to their food....but the means justifies the end. If them clean up naija today....everyone will run back home cos there is no place like home.

Ozuor who are the β€œthem”? that you are referring to ? so others need to clean up for you to return to abi? u no serious

i live in the USA and since i fled Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ I am NOT demanding from others what i could not give - it’s either we stay back and fix Nigeria or simply shut da f ck up!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Aka2003: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
lmao me I know one egbon like this. Living large in naija. At a single sitting he would destroy 200 thousand naira eating fresh fish pepper soup and drinking wine . Every night oo. So just his enjoyment money was like 1.4 million naira a week. He is always trying to take me along but I alwAys dodge him. One of the advice I got was never hang out with people like this or you will go broke trying to keep up. So I always avoid his requests. He is one of the managers at sterling bank. Doing very well. 2 children. Na so one day the guy wassap me that he has japa to Canada shocked well few weeks and months after that baba done turn to bob Marley and the wailers ooo. Always wailing about being a security guard and they have him walking with a dog and a torchlight on 12 hour shifts. Hand done touch baba well well. He is full of regrets but he has sold everything and given up his job in naija. He says he has given up his life now that he is just living for his kids now. He went there with wife and kids
Wow spending 1.4mil weekly on enjoyment lol. We all know where that income is coming from πŸ˜†. Someone in that position that does japa,will definitely struggle because their lifestyle is built on β€œruns” income. If the income was β€œlegitimate” then they will have no issues translating it to the new environment..Such a person is struggling not because of japa, rather they are struggling because japa forced them to live on their true income..

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
Talentuex:

Bro, we plenty o.

Honestly, like you, my main reason of considering japa is because of my loved ones.

I'm currently battling to make that decision of whether to move or stay.

Last week, I spoke with my friend who resides outside the country and what he told me about the cost(Forty something thousand dollars) is another cause of my indecisiveness.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by drsibz66(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:

NOT SUPPORTING CRIME OOO

Myopic black man. Know that success isn't guaranteed anywhere but some places have a higher chance of success. Sit down in your fathers house and be telling your self they don't make it abroad. Lol.
Let me give you in hint. 70% of the people that travelled abroad while they were in Nigeria could never dash some 100k and feel comfortable but after like 2 yrs they can confidently do it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by GEEBITE: 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Fallacy of generalisation. Have you heard of highways England. I have an uncle heading a major department there at 61. You are just like my older brother who felt everybody in UK is doing menial tasks.Until he met some of my friends and saw the wonderful careers and good life they are living. The day he visited my home too he was like is this possible to live like this in UK.
sukkot:
yeah I was even being generous when I said that over 90 percent. Truly no white man in the UK wants any black man over the age of 50 sitting in his office or his establishment . At that age you are like hard to train plus also the racism factor. So in the UK as a black man if you are over 50 the only job you can get is security work . That's the only time they want you in their office and mostly at night when they don't have to interact with you. So truly it's over 99 percent of Nigerian men over the age of 50 in the UK are security guards. The only way you are doing good in the UK over the age of 50 is if you are a medical doctor. That's it.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by OvertheTop(m): 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
yeah I was even being generous when I said that over 90 percent. Truly no white man in the UK wants any black man over the age of 50 sitting in his office or his establishment . At that age you are like hard to train plus also the racism factor. So in the UK as a black man if you are over 50 the only job you can get is security work . That's the only time they want you in their office and mostly at night when they don't have to interact with you. So truly it's over 99 percent of Nigerian men over the age of 50 in the UK are security guards. The only way you are doing good in the UK over the age of 50 is if you are a medical doctor. That's it.

WOW!! shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by OvertheTop(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
brother, even medical doctors are not well paid in the UK talk less of security. Let me break it down for you. They pay about 15 pounds per hour if you are in London and cheaper outside. Let's say you can do 60 hours a week that is 900 pounds a week or let's say 3600 a month . It appeArs like a lot if you convert to naira. But you live in London and don't spend naira. Ok so you are at a higher tax bracket which is 40 percent so you take home like 2700 a month. It's London so your rent is like say 1000 if say you are single and no family and managing a small one bedroom. So that 1700 left. Council tax is like 150. You left with 1550. Let's say your utilities 300 a month you have 1250. Transport lets say 200. That's 1050. Phone and internet lets say 100. That's 950. Feeding let's say 400. That's 550 left. Clothing and haircut and miscellaneous like eating out and sending to naija etc and buying naija foods let's say like 300 a month. You have 250 left. Young guy you want trip woman to movies or go pub to drink pints of beer etc let's say 200 a month. You have 50 pounds left. Now this is calculation for single man. If you have wife and children may GOD help you is your cAse lol

just checked the hourly rate in london. its 12 not 15. so i was being generous

Wow, How long Will it Take to Gather Money to Buy Rental Apartments for Retirement income?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos / Truck Crashes Into A Shop At Ojodu, Lagos After Brake Failure This Evening (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.