Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers (54553 Views)

The Fake Families Being Smuggled Into The UK / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by jc4real(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
alright let's do the math on your lying friend. 10 pounds per hour at 40 hours a week is 1600 a month. Tax will leave him with 1200 a month . Rent in Sunderland maybe 500 a month he has 700 left. Utilities like 300. He has 400 left. Council tax 150. He has 250 left. Phone and internet. 100. He has 150 left.

I haven't added feeding and this your friend has only 150 left. I put it to you that your friend does not even make enough to feed himself or get a haircut or buy clothes. He will be one of those Nigerians over there who go to Salvation Army charity or church charity to get free food because they can't feed tbemself. Almost 40 percent of Nigerians in the UK cannot afford food. If you go to the charity section of every church where they give free food to the hungry it's full of Nigerian families.

Bros e be like say u na accountant o. Small thing like this u don give breakdown. Abeg make u take am easy on our Nigerian people for UK na. cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by juman(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
There is lot of money abroad except the lazy ass.
Somebody here on nairaland wrote that he was building a hotel of hundred of millions of naira in nigeria, he is just five years in abroad.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by juman(m): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
If you are a lazy ass, stay in your village dont go abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Justfacts: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
lmao me I know one egbon like this. Living large in naija. At a single sitting he would destroy 200 thousand naira eating fresh fish pepper soup and drinking wine . Every night oo. So just his enjoyment money was like 1.4 million naira a week. He is always trying to take me along but I alwAys dodge him. One of the advice I got was never hang out with people like this or you will go broke trying to keep up. So I always avoid his requests. He is one of the managers at sterling bank. Doing very well. 2 children. Na so one day the guy wassap me that he has japa to Canada shocked well few weeks and months after that baba done turn to bob Marley and the wailers ooo. Always wailing about being a security guard and they have him walking with a dog and a torchlight on 12 hour shifts. Hand done touch baba well well. He is full of regrets but he has sold everything and given up his job in naija. He says he has given up his life now that he is just living for his kids now. He went there with wife and kids
That second to the last statement touches me embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by juman(m): 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
If you are doing well please stay at home and continue your work, because if you throw it away and travel abroad, you will regret it and cry.

Most people that travelled abroad to do carer job are crying now.
Making money in abroad is tough. Its for very hard working people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by zanebaddo(m): 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
livingstone2013:
My friend who relocated to Sunderland 6 months ago analysed to me that Japa to UK is still better than Nigeria. That He saves 500 pounds monthly after bills ( which is about 500k naira) compared to me doing white collar job and earning 300k naira salary in Nigeria. He does minimum wage job in Sunderland @10 pounds per hour and on dependent visa while his wife is on student visa.

I don't know if he is lying that he saves 500 pounds monthly cause that looks good while doing menial jobs in Sunderland. Compared to white collar job in Lagos that pays 300k for the whole month. My brain has been curious if he is saying the truth or not.
He's telling you the truth bro
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Tonytonex(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
I was watching this video on YouTube. I will link the video. This girl wAs narrating all the cost it took for her to get to the UK. To my surprise it was like 20 million naira. I just cannot imagine dropping 20 million naira just like that for something I cannot see I know I will have numerous stomach ulcers if I had to be parting with these huge sums of money and I am not getting something tangible in return like a house. If I give you 20 million I expect you to at least give me a small bungalow in return. But maybe I am just a cheAp guy . Lol. How do you guys do it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95oqGzG55U
that girl fine sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Bacteria8: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
alright let's do the math on your lying friend. 10 pounds per hour at 40 hours a week is 1600 a month. Tax will leave him with 1200 a month . Rent in Sunderland maybe 500 a month he has 700 left. Utilities like 300. He has 400 left. Council tax 150. He has 250 left. Phone and internet. 100. He has 150 left.

I haven't added feeding and this your friend has only 150 left. I put it to you that your friend does not even make enough to feed himself or get a haircut or buy clothes. He will be one of those Nigerians over there who go to Salvation Army charity or church charity to get free food because they can't feed tbemself. Almost 40 percent of Nigerians in the UK cannot afford food. If you go to the charity section of every church where they give free food to the hungry it's full of Nigerian families.

I don't know if you are having an agenda here o 😅
because my friend in the UK just about 5 months in, is in a contribution of 1M/month since March. She makes a little over 3k pounds/month. And by the way she does live-in care work of 10pm-8am everyday. Which means she can even still get other jobs during the day if she's so strong for it. She's really doing amazing for herself.
I help her calculate her taxes and I see her accounts first hand. So I know.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by chiself: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
SpyChild:
do it for your kids.

That "do it for your kid" is a myth. You are not rich, you children will be going to the local schools. Their classmate are going to be sons and daughters of Jamaica gangster, Mogadishu warlords, Albania pick pocketers grin
The teachers are scared to come to class, so their education will suffer. You don't have £250 a month for extra tuition for your kids.
Let's hope they don't join a gang and settle their differences with stabbing.

You are doing it for yourself!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Bacteria8: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
livingstone2013:
My friend who relocated to Sunderland 6 months ago analysed to me that Japa to UK is still better than Nigeria. That He saves 500 pounds monthly after bills ( which is about 500k naira) compared to me doing white collar job and earning 300k naira salary in Nigeria. He does minimum wage job in Sunderland @10 pounds per hour and on dependent visa while his wife is on student visa.

I don't know if he is lying that he saves 500 pounds monthly cause that looks good while doing menial jobs in Sunderland. Compared to white collar job in Lagos that pays 300k for the whole month. My brain has been curious if he is saying the truth or not.

Your friend is definitely telling you the truth bro.
Truth is if you're not lazy abroad, and you have a visa that allows you work as much you can...walahi you will make money.

Your friend is earning 10pounds/hour my babe is earning 12pounds !!! And I know what we have achieved since she got there 5 months ago.

Just don't be lazy. Have a focus and a plan with a very good saving culture. Within 5years you can come back to nija as a well-to-do multi millionaire.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Asour: 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
lmao me I know one egbon like this. Living large in naija. At a single sitting he would destroy 200 thousand naira eating fresh fish pepper soup and drinking wine . Every night oo. So just his enjoyment money was like 1.4 million naira a week. He is always trying to take me along but I alwAys dodge him. One of the advice I got was never hang out with people like this or you will go broke trying to keep up. So I always avoid his requests. He is one of the managers at sterling bank. Doing very well. 2 children. Na so one day the guy wassap me that he has japa to Canada shocked well few weeks and months after that baba done turn to bob Marley and the wailers ooo. Always wailing about being a security guard and they have him walking with a dog and a torchlight on 12 hour shifts. Hand done touch baba well well. He is full of regrets but he has sold everything and given up his job in naija. He says he has given up his life now that he is just living for his kids now. He went there with wife and kids

I totally believe your story HOWEVER, always balance a bad story with a good one — BECAUSE good ones abound too.

Otherwise you're just selectively taking single anecdotes and stretching their larger implications.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by zanebaddo(m): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
Gerrard59:
The problem with people like OP is their sheer hypocrisy and wickedness. OP is a British citizen and he supports Tinubu and APC. I can never take such people to be serious. They preach what they don't practice and practice what they don't preach. They are the first to shout rAcIsm but carry tribalism for head like gala.

I know their antics so well. Only naive and ignorant people can be deceived by them.
kai are you serious?
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Thortp(m): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
I will advise people not to japa ooo.
Shebi, that's what you want to hear.
No place like home, no place like home.....that's what we hear every day. Hmmmm
A country where killings are now normal(no justice), not to talk about police brutality, traffic robbers, area boys, cultism, fraud, unemployment, and most of all, religion and juju. Everything is now upside down with no hope in sight. They still end up voting APC(9th wonder of the world)

Maybe you guys don't know that many people left that country because of sanity and rest of mind. Last last, everything is not about money.
Leave us alone, let us struggle for our pounds with peace of mind with our care job.
Same people will keep disturbing you for assistance offline with unending calls and WhatsApp chat. Mtcheew

4 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by MOVIC6: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Most people saying I will buy this and that if I have 20m.
If you have 20m you will see what will take it away from you, wether you like it or not, this is naija and it has its own way of draining people.
You don pay for bills, you never chop and you wan buy house, be like say you wan go broke instantly.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Anunakeeh: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
zed7:

This is a general rant now, not directed at you.

Nigerians are lazy, unimaginative and entitled. They think running abroad will give them a great life. When they realise they still need to work hard, they start lamenting and some take to crime.

They say Nigeria is so bad but I see young igbo boys in Asaba, Auchi, Nsukka and some other obscure places making money and buying properties.

The Lebanese, Chinese and Indians come here and set up thriving businesses and even try to get our citizenship.

People talk of kidnapping as a reason to run. How many of your relatives have been kidnapped? How many of your relatives have died of a seizure? Our problem is myopia. Have you visited India, Cambodia or even Swaziland to learn of how people live and their cultures? The world is not UK and US alone.

Other nationalities migrate everyday. Unfortunately, Nigerians migrate because others are migrating. They have no clear cut reason.

Nobody anywhere in the world will have a great life without working hard for it, except you're a trust fund baby. We look down on uber drivers here but go there and drive uber.

People claim to want a better life for their kids and then sell their properties and borrow money. How many of you groom your kids from birth and expose them to opportunities for scholarships and help them learn a sport that can give them scholarships abroad since you're so concerned about your kids.

Most of those claiming to japa for the kids, their kids will end up becoming gays, junkies etc. Their kids will end up as delivery men and security men because the parents lack the values of hard work and critical thinking which they should pass on to their kids.

My kids will have the opportunity to school anywhere in the world, just to broading their horizon and give them choices but the basic foundation has been laid. I have laid a foundation that even if they chose to go to Kenya, they will excel.

A goat in Nigeria will not become a lion in Canada because of the cold.

Who ask this MuuMuu for this useless Epitsle lol😂
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by rinzylee(m): 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
brother, even medical doctors are not well paid in the UK talk less of security. Let me break it down for you. They pay about 15 pounds per hour if you are in London and cheaper outside. Let's say you can do 60 hours a week that is 900 pounds a week or let's say 3600 a month . It appeArs like a lot if you convert to naira. But you live in London and don't spend naira. Ok so you are at a higher tax bracket which is 40 percent so you take home like 2700 a month. It's London so your rent is like say 1000 if say you are single and no family and managing a small one bedroom. So that 1700 left. Council tax is like 150. You left with 1550. Let's say your utilities 300 a month you have 1250. Transport lets say 200. That's 1050. Phone and internet lets say 100. That's 950. Feeding let's say 400. That's 550 left. Clothing and haircut and miscellaneous like eating out and sending to naija etc and buying naija foods let's say like 300 a month. You have 250 left. Young guy you want trip woman to movies or go pub to drink pints of beer etc let's say 200 a month. You have 50 pounds left. Now this is calculation for single man. If you have wife and children may GOD help you is your cAse lol

just checked the hourly rate in london. its 12 not 15. so i was being generous

Terrible misinformation...Tụfịakwa

3 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Greenscientist: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:

Just like a someone's story I know.

A banker in Nigeria, 2 kids and almost close to becoming a manager but left for US not even UK. He is regretting and only living for his kids now.

Is it not better he stays home and send the kids abroad if they desire to go by themselves?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by fabolouz1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
What is the correlation of a huge amount of money with ulcer? Do you know what is ulcer ?
Headache would have been more reasonable.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by enoch273: 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Here to take some lessons from the comments while I drown my worries with the rich bass from my oraimo freepod 4

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by armyofone(m): 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:

grin grin
Sukkot, you no alert me to this place since.
Interesting.
His second phase of life. He should gladly welcome it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Anunakeeh: 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
brother, even medical doctors are not well paid in the UK talk less of security. Let me break it down for you. They pay about 15 pounds per hour if you are in London and cheaper outside. Let's say you can do 60 hours a week that is 900 pounds a week or let's say 3600 a month . It appeArs like a lot if you convert to naira. But you live in London and don't spend naira. Ok so you are at a higher tax bracket which is 40 percent so you take home like 2700 a month. It's London so your rent is like say 1000 if say you are single and no family and managing a small one bedroom. So that 1700 left. Council tax is like 150. You left with 1550. Let's say your utilities 300 a month you have 1250. Transport lets say 200. That's 1050. Phone and internet lets say 100. That's 950. Feeding let's say 400. That's 550 left. Clothing and haircut and miscellaneous like eating out and sending to naija etc and buying naija foods let's say like 300 a month. You have 250 left. Young guy you want trip woman to movies or go pub to drink pints of beer etc let's say 200 a month. You have 50 pounds left. Now this is calculation for single man. If you have wife and children may GOD help you is your cAse lol

just checked the hourly rate in london. its 12 not 15. so i was being generous

Nonsense Analysis.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by armyofone(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Nonsense Analysis.

True o - enter a bar to drink beer grin you will jump out.
But you can cut your hair yourself or do self twist cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by bishopjoe02(m): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
sisisioge:

Hmmmm, what faces person A might be backing person B o. Many didnt plan it well while some just did it for basic things like:

1. The free education for the kids. O boy, my friends kids are doing the kind of researches our university students cant do in their grade schools. Their level of thinking, discussions and reasoning is humbling to those of us that grew up in naija. You speak to a 6yo and wonder where that confidence and brightness came from...

2. Healthcare. Hmmmm, I dont want to tell you what someone close to me went through last year. If it were in naija, she's a goner. We thank God and the country for mercies.

3. Peace of mind and better quality of life. I cant over emphasize it. A friend visited naija recently from Canny and was unable to have a good night sleep, he had forgotten the kind of unrest that was our "normal" ....Bangers, gun shots, armed robbers, naija police, agbero, reckless road users, avoidable deaths, messy healthcare, etc.

4. Better infrastructures

5. The choice of country. There are some countries that is a sheer waste of time and resources. At the moment, UK is saturated, some parts of the US is dangerous. Na to choose right o.

Honestly, if one hasn't left naija, one wont realize what one is missing. Yes, it's expensive, harder to break into the labour market especially to be on the same level one was in naija, harder to save money, harder to get used to their food....but the means justifies the end. If them clean up naija today....everyone will run back home cos there is no place like home.

You are right, but some of us are business men, if I am investing 20m in an adventure like UK, how long (years) will take me to get my money back and probably make profit. Most of us don’t care about infrastructure or sanity, most things in life (security and health etc) can be bought in Nigeria if u have the means, dangote is still in Nigeria. From your experience, how long will take me to get my 20m in uk

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by armyofone(m): 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
juman:
There is lot of money abroad except the lazy ass.
Somebody here on nairaland wrote that he was building a hotel of hundred of millions of naira in nigeria, he is just five years in abroad.

There is lot of money but the cost to go is the problem.
It is just too high!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Zahra29: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kelechi009:

Maybe medication & healthcare systems are good in Canada, but not in the Uk, my big bro complains of even getting emergency help, you cannot call NHS unless you are at the point of death. That's the only time help can come to you, the NHS is highly under staffed. Sometimes I have had to ship drugs to my bro from the US. NHS nurses starting salary is 27k in the UK & Nurses are leaving for Australia in droves, IN DROVES!

If you are in Canada, just thank God because abroad is different from abroad.

Canada, Australia, New Zealand are also experiencing significant pressure on their health care, housing and other services. In the UK as with many of these countries, there is something called postcode lottery. Where you live matters and largely determines the type of life experience you have such as well funded services, overcrowded or quality housing , high performing state schools etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sofiscatedmoron: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2023
sukkot:
OPPORTUNITIES like what ?
There are job opportunities in USA ,UK and Canada than in Nigeria
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sofiscatedmoron: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Not every country is the UK. I don't think it would cost up to 5 million to even move to Austria through studies but the process isn't for the weak. People just do follow follow and not do enough research.
What is the cost and what is involved
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by zed7: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Who ask this MuuMuu for this useless Epitsle lol😂
Product of failed parenting. Na your papa be mumu.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
armyofone:

grin grin
Sukkot, you no alert me to this place since.
Interesting.
His second phase of life. He should gladly welcome it.
grin grin Sis no vex o jare . trust you are well. ahhh well baba has embraced his fate grin
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by eaglez(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Oga buy enough lands, have the documents, leave the land to appreciate for people wey japa to come buy, use same proceed further your children studies, if possible label each land in choice areas with the name of the children, if u bought a land for 2m now and your child na 5years old in 10years time, you know how much the land go appreciate, by then ur child na 15years, you don sought and settle that side. Everything is planning, not joining the bandwagon, as for me, I go make my bar here, go vacation at my will for Yankee.
Talentuex:
I've always been caught in the middle about moving abroad..
Cos when I look at the cost its +(-)20million.. with that money I can buy a decent house In , Ibadan and b come a landlord
And sometimes I think about my kids and would want them to have opportunities I never had., It's a constant battle for me do I move or stay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Greenscientist:

Just like a someone's story I know.

A banker in Nigeria, 2 kids and almost close to becoming a manager but left for US not even UK. He is regretting and only living for his kids now.

Is it not better he stays home and send the kids abroad if they desire to go by themselves?
ahhh well thats what i think. but my own abroad to send my kids to study would be ghana rwanda etc
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2023
jc4real:

Bros e be like say u na accountant o. Small thing like this u don give breakdown. Abeg make u take am easy on our Nigerian people for UK na. cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin grin baba i salute oooo grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.