Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,394 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? (6741 Views)

10 Signs You're Dating An Emotionally Unavailable Man (or Woman) / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sisters, do you have any objection about the dress code of your boyfriend, or exigences?
As for you brothers do you get mad if you see your "woman" too "sexy" or on the contrary you like having a woman who is very feminine, or you don't like a woman who's too "ordinary"

I know that dress doesn't make you who you are, but very often it can reveal one side of your personality
Enjoy wink

1 Like

Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

As for you brothers do you get mad if you see your "woman" too "sexy" or on the contrary you like having a woman who is very feminine, or you don't like a woman who's too "ordinary"

I know that dress doesn't make you who you are, but very often it can reveal one side of your personality
Enjoy wink
Huh? Is there anything as "too sexy"? I like very feminine ladies, but her dress code should suit the occasion or place we are going to for a date! I dont expect her to use the same attire or make up she used for a candle night dinner date, for a date to the beach or rock climbing! She should be balanced and modest! Sexy doesnt mean immodest or dressing in a way that leaves very little to be desired! I like ladies that put their innate ability of thinking, to good use when considering what to put on for a date! Any lady i constantly have to remind that she's showing off too much cleavage or that the slit on her skirt is too long or that we are going to the beach, and as such you dont need high heeled shoes, -- would sooner or later be deemed pathetically immature by me! Everything should be balanced! cool

3 Likes

Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
yes "everything should be balanced" that's the phrase I'd like NL don't forget sometimes, what I meant by "too sexy" it's sometimes, some guys don't really like when their woman are "suggestive"

1 Like

Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by BABE3: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sexkillz---na you be that?  grin Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee--- That picture is going on my desktop for future references.

@ OP: Look at sexkillz' profile. That's the only objection I have. grin

On a serious note; No I don't. Wear whatever you wanna wear. I have my freedom of dress, you can have yours.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^ lool Babe grin
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2011
BABE!
Huh? Been there for a week now! Dont tell me you havent seen it! Dont worry you are free to save it! It's flawless enough! wink

Are you saying i'm free to dress like the village headmaster when going on a date with you? ( In real life i cant date you, so dont sweat it! tongue)
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by BABE3: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^ Ouch!  grin grin We're even now. Yab me, I yab you--Man no go vex.

Yh--you is free to dress like a village headmaster. Express yourself!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by r231(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2011
didnt knw dating has a dress code grin grin
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MrCork17: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2011
Mr Cork dresscode on a normal day:

Shoe: £700
Shirt: £300
Pant: £150
Sock: £15
Belt:£ 250
Jacket: £303
Wave Cap: £120
wink
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by allure1(f): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sexkillz
nice one. . .
same with my man. . . u dress according to the occasion and season.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MrCork17: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
~allure. sweeery who the heck u callin sexxxxkillz? u have eaten for 2 days? undecided
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by deedsway: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2011
Great comments we have here, interesting
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
Mr Cork phenomenon lol
Actually I really like classy guys, not too fashion but classy
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MMM2(m): 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2011
nayah

what u should be looking is d money in d guyz pocket winkwink not his clothes becos d guy fit steal some 1 clothes just 2 impress u angry
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
MMM there's no need to wink
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
people should dress how they feel as i am sure that same dress sense is part of what attracted you to that person. i do NOT care how a person dresses so long as the vibe and feelings we have is right, and i surely will NEVER tell someone what to wear or HOW to dress. if i really dont like it i simply bounce but i am not going to try to change how that person wants to express herself.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Cipriani(m): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Nayah

A lady going on a date with me should be modest in dressing. When you reveal too much for less to be imagined, then I guess you have messed up the date for me. I also don't like ladies who dress to kill on a date thereby making everyone notice her presence. I like my privacy and would appreciate a lady not to make heads turn when we go on a date.
Now, if you dress like a rural inhabitant, then the date is off. I wouldn't even step out with you. I would just head back home.
Lastly, I love it when my dates don't put on any panties or preferably a G-String. I t goes a long way to help the cause of the date.  wink wink
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2011
McBrown I feel you, that's why I told you that dress doesn't make you the person, but seriously I don't know if I could date a "rapper" or something like this even though he's a good person, classy and simple that's what I like

Cipriani hi, wow lol what a descritpion, but I understand that you like your "privacy" lol
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MrsChima1(f): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
On the other thread I mentioned that our appearances give people an impression of whom we may be not necessary whom we are. 

Its a big difference when you are dating someone that already KNOWS you and will take you differently then someone who is getting to know you. 

Dress codes are important in dating and life because it either give us prosperity or it doesn't  I have mentioned in another thread that if a woman dresses whorish she will be classified as a LovePeddler not saying it is right but that is fact unfortunately. 

Now SOME men will not take their women dressing revealing for many reasons and SOME men doesn't care.  I can stake my last penny most men prefer their women to dress modest. 

I do not care about the FASHION but I do care about the appearance.  Some men have horrible fashion sense but can dress for success with the right directions.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2011
^îf a woman dress the way she desires then she shouldnt give a damn what idiots who dont know her think of her. people should live their lives the way THEY feel is right, without having to conform to anybody with low self esteem.
if a man judge a gal to be a h0e just because of the way she dresses then he is a damn fool. . . . . . . . . .but if she fukcs the whole football team then thats another story!!!

@nayah
people dont miraculously change so what you see the first day is pretty much what you may encounter in the future. so if the guy has a baggy jean down to his knees the first time you meet him, chances are he will the next time you meet.

the problem is that some people think they can change a person dressing habits. they think:"i will date him/her and then polish him up so that he will dress how i like my mates to dress" WRONG!!!!!

i particularly laugh my a[b]s[/b]s off when guys meet and want to date sexy beautiful women who dress to kill (and leave nothing to the imagination) BUT the minute they seriously date this damsel, they expect her to DRESS DOWN! 150% FAIL!!!!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^ not really my dear! in fact your dress code is suppose to change in the same time you grow, and like my mother used to say: "Educate the person you love" I mean "educate" mean by you as a woman you can make your man make concessions, if you love him, he'll feel it and then will do some effort
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

^^ not really my dear! in fact your dress code is suppose to change in the same time you grow, and like my mother used to say: "Educate the person you love" I mean "educate" mean by you as a woman you can make your man make concessions, if you love him, he'll feel it and then will do some effort

i disagree with you on that one. people dress code "may"change if their lifestyle changes BUT growing up has nothing to do with anything.
now, if you met a guy that dresses a certain way and AUTOMATICALLY believe/think that because you guys are in love, he should change the way he dresses then you are wrong. what has LOVE got to do with the way you dress?! isnt it that same dress sense that had you falling in love with that person?!

why do you "expect" concessions when everything was PERFECT before?! i dont get it?! if YOU love this man then you will accept him the way he is rather than trying to change the way he feels comfortable in.

but i guess, if i listen to what you are saying, if YOU love your man, you will wear whatever HE prefers, right?!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by pendo89(f): 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
Dress not to embarrass and for the occassion.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MrsChima1(f): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2011
MBJ

Let be real if your woman wore an outfit that was horrific and she is looking a plum fool you are okay with that?   undecided undecided

I am not talking about FASHION, I am talking about dress appearance.  I agree everyone has their personal fashion and should express it.  But appearance wise, decency should be considered.  

If you was a CEO of a popular firm would you hire someone that has Nicky Minaj'a appearance?
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
Mrs C
dont get me wrong, what i am saying is that:" if she wore that same dress before and all was ok by me, then i shouldnt say a damn thing down the line."

if that woman FEELS COMFORTABLE dressing that way, then there is no reason why me you or anyone else should say otherwise. you may give that person your opinion of her dress sense but that's about it.

as for the CEO bit, if she was the BEST at that position, YES i would hire her in a minute!!!!! the way she dresses is NOT going to affect her work so why should that be a problem?!

now, if she has to meet prospective new clients and represent the firm then that wouldnt look too professional BUT if her duties were mainly in the office then all is good!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MMM2(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nayah:

MMM there's no need to wink

ok

can i take u out 2 nite n a k e d undecided
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by MrsChima1(f): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2011
I can see it now.  A hot secretary with blue weave and pink eye contact!   lipsrsealed
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^i doubt any of the people that are on the phone with her all day would mind, lol!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by tellwisdom: 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2011
ok

can i take u out 2 nite    n a k e d  undecided

grin grin grin grin Why nakedd?? dont you think i might see her BIG BIYEST?? grin
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 21, 2011
As long as his pants is not hanging down his butt, I am fine.

I believe style should be personal. So who am I to tell someone how to dress?
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2011
MC sorry again but you can't tell me that someone who wants to be respected at work for example or as a responsible man would wear like 50 cents, I know it's caricatural but the idea is the same, dress code doesn't always reveal your personality but it's very important for some context
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by horny4u(f): 8:58am On Sep 21, 2011
All dates must include
*Highest shoes you can muster.
*All attires must make your waist seem smaller
*Tuck your tummy in or bandage your self
*Pinpoint higher higher higher la senza bra
* Crest whitening strips 3 days in advance
* The most alluring perfume you can afford: I like red door and No 5 ( sophistication), beautiful (sensual and pretty), lolita lembrika ( rare and french like), happy ( flirting) spring flower creed (soft and sensual) etc.

Dinner date or afternoon brunch.

1st date: A dress or a skirt, Make up should seem very simple, great skin coverage, a contact lens to make eyes pop, false eyelashes or good mascara and every other thing should be natural like. Feminine but classy look.

2nd date : Add some bronzer and and contouring, we want you to look even more sensational. A dress still

3rd date: Red lipstick or your most daring lipstick that suits you

The most attractive though is your confidence, your smile and your good heart, it will radiate and if he is not worth your time end it ASAP, but if he is end it ASAP too but with a glint in your eyes and shyness in your smile, and even Mr CORK will fall in love, grin grin grin
While you are having fun be alert and make sure to notice any bad habit or fakeness, if he talks about his car, driver, money more than himself he is therefore n empty calabash.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Manual For Understanding Women....vol.1 / Why Are We Female's Infinitesimal In Nature To The Male Folks? / A Hot Sexy Angel Meets Pope Today In Rome with hot boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.