Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,325 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? (6736 Views)

10 Signs You're Dating An Emotionally Unavailable Man (or Woman) / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2011
I like Girls with me to Dress Sexy, i enjoy it when other men are jealous of me just because em girls with me are too sexy
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2011
^^ lol
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2011
^^ Sure, i do it for the fun of it
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2011
I do really like classy wears but I think a woman who assumes herself is very nice! smiley
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by jaybee3(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2011
I wouldn't expect me lady to be wearing jeans and any normal top to a formal dinner or wearing a formal dress to  cinema et al
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2011
What am seeing on Front page is Dess instead of Dress, got confuse with that, Mod Edit
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by antonion(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
FOR THE LADIES NO SNEAKERS/TEKKIES ITS A BIG NO NO NO , AND TRACK PANTS ITS A BIG NO NO .

FOR THE GENTS NEVER WEAR HAT.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^lol smiley a hat grin
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by antonion(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2011
Nayah:

^^lol smiley a hat grin

yes no hat , imagine you are in a restaurant and iam wearing a Hat , its a turn off.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^Is it an invitation antonion? by the way this hat thing doesn't bother me actually smiley
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Fokativ: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
Just be yourself
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by CalienteMi: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
jay bee:

I wouldn't expect me lady to be wearing jeans and any normal top to a formal dinner or wearing a formal dress to  cinema et al
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by jaybee3(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2011
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by CalienteMi: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
There is nothing wrong with wearing a dressy jean outfit to an formal event. You are just being silly sir.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by jaybee3(m): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

There is nothing wrong with wearing a dressy jean outfit to an formal event. You are just being silly sir.
Looks like u can't spot the difference
One is [b]casual [/b]and the other is [b]formal [/b]duh
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by CalienteMi: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
jay bee:

Looks like u can't spot the difference
One is [b]casual [/b]and the other is [b]formal [/b]duh

I see you can't spot a sarcasm.  Duh.   kiss You wants to fight huh?
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
Damn, what was i thinking Q grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Monjerk: 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
shocked shocked shocked Dress without cash?
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Greenslim: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
fitted
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by iv4real(f): 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
For me as a lady i feel i should dress appropriate. I like to look elegant and classy and not slutty. I don't believe in exposing too much. I wear d right clothes for any occasion.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by gbenga007(m): 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
lol. On my first date with my present galfriend - which was last weekend, i happened to spend the weekend with her. She never complained about anything not until i got to my base in Lagos. She detailed what i would need to be wearing: the kind of shoes, clothes and general appearance. All due to the first impression i gave her due to the first date. Generally, women will want to showcase you to her friends as a neat, and charming prince. I'd attend to her vanity as against my casual self.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^ dude, soon enough she will tell you what to eat, where to go and who to talk to. lol!
if YOU believed that your outfit was appropriate and SHE has a problem with it then why should YOU change?!
be comfortable with who you are rather than trying to be someone you are not, simply to continue being in this deceit.

the man she met last weekend is YOU, if she has a problem with it (or you are desperate to be with her) then by all means change WHO YOU ARE!!!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by citous(m): 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
The kind of date at hand calls for the dress code. If we are going for a cup of coffee or a drink then am down for casual jeans and tees . A dress if we are going for dinner and movie date, it still depends on where and how I knew the girl. In otherwords, circimstances of the date varies. But i don't begrudge a girl for dressing for comfort(a big plus for me);I hate pretentious girls. A sloppy or drab dresser is a big no no. You can dress simple and comfortably and still retain your sexuality without being shabby . Me, am a jean and tees kinda guy but when it comes for tux, I fit right in.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by bekay911(f): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
ur dress code matters becos first impressions matters alot
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by gbenga007(m): 3:39am On Sep 22, 2011
@BrownJay, hmmmn. Trust man anyway. It sure is going to be a thing of the past. She be open-eye Deltan while i be average Yoruba guy, with little or no freaks. I think i would welcome her 'upgrade', perhaps for now. My best may not be enough though.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2011
bekay, yes you're right but after it can count too at work for example or in everyday life
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by karpenter: 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2011
@nayah
You’re pretty and if postings are to form basis for assessment, I can add you're simple minded and kind of down-to -earth gal. I like that.
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nayah(f): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^ Karpenter I'm sincerly flattered and I thank you but a lot of your sisters are 10 times better than I you brothers you don't see and unfortunately you ( not talking about yourself) but some are judging, just open your eyes wink
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
gbenga007:

@BrownJay, hmmmn. Trust man anyway. It sure is going to be a thing of the past. She be open-eye Deltan while i be average Yoruba guy, with little or no freaks. I think i would welcome her 'upgrade', perhaps for now. My best may not be enough though.

let me ask you:
- did you have a problem with the way you were dressing?!
- is SHE gonna buy these new "fashion upgrade"?
- if you are so quick to bow to her fashion demands, what makes you think she wont do the same with anything else she find not worthy?!
- if you already doubting "your best", then why waste time trying to become who you are not?!
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by CalienteMi: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
I am going to work with just a singlet and two cherries on my breasts.

I am changing the image of work attire. tongue
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 23, 2011
@Op, Putting On a babanriga, a hat and a walking Stick!

Oh Sweet Bahamas!
grin
Re: Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? by DahBrain(f): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
BABE!:
^^ Ouch!  grin grin We're even now. Yab me, I yab you--Man no go vex.

Yh--you is free to dress like a village headmaster. Express yourself!

lmao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Auto Dealer, Lanre Shittu Snatches Zenithbank Manager’s Wife***buys House For Her In Lekki / Mention A Nairalander That Has Impacted Your Life With Their Thread / Masturbation Or Patronizing Of Prostitutes, Which Is Safer And Better As A Guy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.