Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? (13214 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Cation(m): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Could someone please send me Easter food?

I take this opportunity to let you know I am a DATA VENDOR. Buy all networks at 300 Naira per gig. There is room for credit facility. Come in let's do business. Whatsapp o81 three eight 7 two 55 three eight
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by funkylarry21: 9:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Reading this I just shook my head.you denied yourself of eating meat coz of christ but after breaking fast for evening you go go chop one girl ponmo n meat,even lick her plate join...bunch of hypocrites...
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by AllenforGOD(m): 9:57am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

But I Just remembered I used Meat to cook the Soup. embarassed

Does that mean I will use Money again to Buy Fish or Boiled Eggs?

IS EATING MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY UNCHRISTIANLY?

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.
you thrive and wallow in delusions and ignorant of the Bonafide Word of Christ.
did Jesus stated this?
you follow the doctorines of men,and Jesus warned you in matt 24:4-11
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by ByeByeeToSapa(m): 9:57am On Apr 07, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Fish get blood now grin
how many blood dey fish body?πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2023
ByeByeeToSapa:
how many blood dey fish body?πŸ˜‚
blood is blood according to mosquito grin

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2023
funkylarry21:
Reading this I just shook my head.you denied yourself of eating meat coz of christ but after breaking fast for evening you go go chop one girl ponmo n meat,even lick her plate join...bunch of hypocrites...

Everyone is NOT like you, who eats Girl's Kpomo, Plz. smiley
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Patented: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2023
Godyke:
Both Good Friday, Easter, and the myth of not eating meat are not in the Bible. Therefore all of the mentioned practices are unbiblical and does not make it Christianly according to you.

Oose joor, our people no wan dey read their Bible. They want to be spoon fed
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2023
OloyeVIII:

go to your pastor or something..we for NL na troublemakers union & champions of ethnic bigotry.. and hate.. We no get sympathy for anybody know this, know peace.

Lolss, πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Let me go for Prayers Abeg.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by AllenforGOD(m): 10:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

No,

But Thoughtfully, Eating MEAT on the Day Jesus Christ was crucified and his Body torn Apart.

Looks somehow. embarassed
you catholics are zombies to the priests,eating meat does it mean you are eating Jesus's flesh of about 2000yrz ago?
your priests are devils and xou are the zombies.
Jesus gave us His Body and Blood as a New Convenant with us but didn't state what those devils are doing now! Better get out of that devilish useless church called catholic! B4 you land in hell!
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2023
OndoRaph:
Is worshipping on Sundays Biblical?

sabbath day is Saturday right, what stops your church from conducting service on a Saturday?

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by hupo: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2023
free2ryhme:

is it biblical?
Yes
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2023
hupo:

Yes

which verse for bible
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by charlesdinho(m): 10:17am On Apr 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by charlesdinho(m): 10:18am On Apr 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.
THANK GOD, you are a false prophet
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by HeroicMeastro: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

But, they said Jesus was Scourged (Flogged Mercilessly till his Flesh ripped Apart).

He gave up his Body for Man to get salvation.

So Christians should Honor him by Abstaining from MEAT on Good Friday.
Flogged till his flesh ripped apart? grin
Who would do this to 'a son of God'?
Confusion everywhere πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Ginomel(m): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2023
AllenforGOD:
you catholics are zombies to the priests,eating meat does it mean you are eating Jesus's flesh of about 2000yrz ago?
your priests are devils and xou are the zombies.
Jesus gave us His Body and Blood as a New Convenant with us but didn't state what those devils are doing now! Better get out of that devilish useless church called catholic! B4 you land in hell!

Stop criticising people's beliefs as far as you were not kidnapped or robbed or killed by it

Let everyone's belief be beneficial to them.

The woman with issue of blood touched Jesus Christ and was made whole whereas others were pushing Jesus Christ but no healing.

The woman's belief healed her, so if someone Says he wants to avoid meat today to honour Jesus and for his favour, your criticism will not make him not to achieve his desire.

So be mature and leave other people beliefs

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by MT: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

IS EATING MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY UNCHRISTIANLY?

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

Which part of the bible states that?

The bible is the constitution of the christians. Anything that is NOT found there should just be discarded as the wishful thinking of the overzealous pastors.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by AllenforGOD(m): 10:45am On Apr 07, 2023
thatigboman:
no heaven for u. Abomination
shebi na ur papa wan judge am abi.
Mr judges stop making arbitrary and misjudgement!
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by OndoRaph(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2023
free2ryhme:

sabbath day is Saturday right, what stops your church from conducting service on a Saturday?
I understand the meat thing is not in the Bible. I even told you in an obvious question that worshipping on Sunday is not in the Bible. What I don't understand is this your question to my question.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by OLENS: 10:47am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

IS EATING MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY UNCHRISTIAN
You are not a real catholic. If you are, you wouldn't come here and be asking non catholic to provide an answer to questions that borders on the faith/denomination you claimed to have profess. Every churches and denomination have their doctrine. You were supposed to have asked your members but you rather choose to come here so that you and non members can make mockery of your church. If you think you don't know what they are doing in your church you can't ask your priest and your leaders, then get out of there

Nplfmod.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by kiddkash(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Godyke:
Both Good Friday, Easter, and the myth of not eating meat are not in the Bible. Therefore all of the mentioned practices are unbiblical and does not make it Christianly according to you.
Just 1 day of abstinence from that which you love. Is the person gonna die

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by mayorkent(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Smiles , I no see this thing early , I Don chop meat today already

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Chris8t(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Godyke:
My brother I think say na only me view am this way.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Chris8t(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2023
Godyke:

My brother I think say na only me view am this way.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by OloyeVIII: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2023
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=122351276]
Lolss,
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Faposky95: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Happy Easter

45 killed in benue for no reason...

Shey na like dis we go dey deyπŸ™„

Why Is our government doing this to us... if they feel our military are so week... why can't we invite rhe ecowas or UN military to help us clear out this terrorist...

We can't Continue like dis nah

Lately, the Born Agains never rise up and decry the killing of the brethren...their brothers
If the news is verifiable....is this not like the worst of thing...
The military, Govt and so called talking of treason...and not this
Even So called Sowore, Soyinkas and co....?!

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

What other Answer do you want?

I have told you that Based on the Fact the Body of Jesus Christ was Brutalized on Good Friday.

Is why the Abstaining of MEAT Opinion/Views came up.
I expected you to answer the question with biblical references or examples but you did neither.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Greenlandncom(m): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2023
pek:
Call to sacrifice from who? So if I eat meat today I haven't sacrificed enough?

Just give up something precious to you.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 11:08am On Apr 07, 2023
mayorkent:
Smiles , I no see this thing early , I Don chop meat today already
You need to eat it again to counter the one you ate before

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by KeyEndurance: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2023
Nothing Concern Me Oo I Must Eat The Hell Out Of Meat Today

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by isabi2lof: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2023
It's not Biblical

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.