Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? (13211 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Sebastine1994(m): 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Today is for both Muslim and christian

Christian is in the morning
Muslim na afternoon

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Jesterinjay: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2023
There's no wrong in eating meat today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by elpochas: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2023
These applies only to catholics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by naijapikin2(m): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2023
For all those who are not ready to eat meat today. You can forward ALL MEATS.. To me.

Inbox me for details.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by jubrilELsudan: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2023
IF YOU CAN FVCK ON GOOD FRIDAY THEN WHY CAN'T YOU EAT MEAT....AFTER ALL KUKUNASE NA STILL MEAT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by NigerianAngelo(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2023
It is a mortal sin to eat meat today.

On a day like this we commemorate the initial Immaculate integrity of human nature, when God hadn't allocated it the consumption of meat and man didn't eat meat. (Gen 1).

3 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2023
MMempire:
Just abstain from meat today, shikena.
You didn't answer his question

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pressplay411(m): 8:53am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

But I Just remembered I used Meat to cook the Soup. embarassed

Does that mean I will use Money again to Buy Fish or Boiled Eggs?

IS EATING MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY UNCHRISTIANLY?

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

Following Christ and diligently seeking his kingdom requires dedication. Take time for a personal study on your own with the bible and concordance.

3 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by jimoholuyemi3(m): 8:53am On Apr 07, 2023
By your moniker
You're indeed a False Prophet

[Qquote author=FalseProphet1 post=122349544]As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Exceed15: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2023
I just had a well garnished meat with vegetable soup and eba this morning. Thank you Jesus for dying for me

4 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2023
free2ryhme:

is it writing in the bible?

No,

But Thoughtfully, Eating MEAT on the Day Jesus Christ was crucified and his Body torn Apart.

Looks somehow. embarassed
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Exceed15: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2023
I just had a well garnished meat with vegetable soup and eba this morning. Thank you Jesus for dying for me.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

But, they said Jesus was Scourged (Flogged Mercilessly till his Flesh ripped Apart).

He gave up his Body for Man to get salvation.

So Christians should Honor him by Abstaining from MEAT on Good Friday.
You didn't say anything

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by OloyeVIII: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2023
i wan chow the left over chicken from yesterday like this.. The only religion i know is Love.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Greenlandncom(m): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

It is a call for sacrifice. Meat is considered one of the most precious things to people, so you are called to give it up in honour of this day.

Again it is not about blood. You can also give up fish if you consider it so precious. Remember some people do not eat meat but fish.

So simply give up what you consider most precious to you.

5 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by spiceadole: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

Christians and their hypocrisy.

Same people that gives vague reasons to support sexual immorality esp fornication and adultery (committed by men)..despite the adverse effects it may have on their health....are here wondering if they should eat meat because of a mere tradition.

Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2023
NigerianAngelo:
It is a mortal sin to eat meat today.

On a day like this we commemorate the initial Immaculate integrity of human nature, when God hadn't allocated it the consumption of meat and man didn't eat meat. (Gen 1).
You haven't answered the question neither did you explain why eating meat today is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by free2ryhme: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

No,

But Thoughtfully, Eating MEAT on the Day Jesus Christ was crucified and his Body torn Apart.

The only thing recorded in the bible is the last supper when Jesus told his disciples "to do this in remembrance of me"

Anything else na una add am

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by AngelicBeing: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.
You are wrong, it has no biblical support and for posting this on nairaland.com, you are to proceed to Afghanistan desert for 70 days of dry fast and you will break with a slice of bread 🍞 daily tongue

5 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by OloyeVIII: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

No,

jus call me when u ready to chow.. i love meat more than i love people.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Godstiger(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2023
Just doctrine
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.

Lolss.

Correct Boss! You are Carried. cool
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Greenlandncom:

It is a call for sacrifice. Meat is considered one of the most precious things to people, so you are called to give it up in honour of this day.

Again it is not about blood. You can also give up fish if you consider it so precious. Remember some people do not eat meat but fish.

So simply give up what you consider most precious to you.
Call to sacrifice from who? So if I eat meat today I haven't sacrificed enough?
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by OloyeVIII: 9:00am On Apr 07, 2023
Franklinpaul054:
Pls assist me
go to your pastor or something..we for NL na troublemakers union & champions of ethnic bigotry.. and hate.. We no get sympathy for anybody know this, know peace.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Gilgil: 9:00am On Apr 07, 2023
You are not a Catholic. If you were, you wouldn't be posting this kind of question, which seems to call for ridicule on the practice.

Every Catholic has the answer to that question by Holy Communion stage.

Vinnie2000:

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

4 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by charlypoker(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.

Guy, go and eat you meat. It's not wrong.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2023
pek:
You didn't say anything

What other Answer do you want?

I have told you that Based on the Fact the Body of Jesus Christ was Brutalized on Good Friday.

Is why the Abstaining of MEAT Opinion/Views came up.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by chukwuoke(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Guy or any person you might be. You a Catholic as you said,if you Don't really know more about your sect and doctrine is better you Update your self. Have you ever seen any other sect come hear to say any thing about their faith. Na una wey very soon you will say you have seen the light and start saying all sort of nonsense against the Catholic church. When programme is fix every Sunday evening for teaching of the faith you choose to go around drinking and eating now you want others to teach you your faith. Stop being confuse just be focus and prayerful ask of Him anything it shall be yours. Remain faithful.

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by specialmati(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2023
helinues:
I love food like Kilode.

What's my business with not eating meat
grin grin grin grin grin grin no wonder you love corruption like kilode

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Nicholas Anyanwu Wins Lawsuit As Abuja Court Nullifies His Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.