Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? (13208 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 11:08am On Apr 07, 2023
Greenlandncom:

Just give up something precious to you.
According to you not my Bible!
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:13am On Apr 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

After my Fasting (As a Catholic) ends by 6pm, I have already programmed a good Delicious Egusi soup and Eba.

But I Just remembered I used Meat to cook the Soup. embarassed

Does that mean I will use Money again to Buy Fish or Boiled Eggs?

IS EATING MEAT ON GOOD FRIDAY UNCHRISTIANLY?

Drop ur Comments.

Nplfmod.
nonsense! u could have given the money to those sure of its use!

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Emeka71(m): 11:16am On Apr 07, 2023
Godyke:
Both Good Friday, Easter, and the myth of not eating meat are not in the Bible. Therefore all of the mentioned practices are unbiblical and does not make it Christianly according to you.
I shall definitely eat better meat if I see because today is Good Friday.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by chatinent: 11:18am On Apr 07, 2023
Well, I’ll choose to respect your views.

Comment reserved.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Skepticus: 11:21am On Apr 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Happy Easter

45 killed in benue for no reason...

Shey na like dis we go dey dey🙄

Why Is our government doing this to us... if they feel our military are so week... why can't we invite rhe ecowas or UN military to help us clear out this terrorist...

We can't Continue like dis nah

Dem go still kill more for years to come. The Nigerian system is so rotten from the core that nothing external can help. God probably has given up and left Nigeria to its own fate. Don't pray for Nigeria. Nigeria is long gone.

Pray for your loved ones (friends, family and well-wishers) and work hard enough to get them better/securing them because they are the only ones you have.

Anyone still waiting for Politicians, UN or ECOWAS to secure or improve his/her life is an unserious person wasting their lives.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Godsongang: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2023
Oh boy me don chop meat oo because for inside bible I no read am say make person no dey chop meat on good Friday. Christians with laws

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2023
Medley02:

Some of you will just wake up in the morning, come online and begin to show case your ignorance. I'm very sure you are not a Christian if not you wouldn't have said Easter is not mentioned in the Bible. But if you are, then it is a shame that you don't know what you are saying.

Acts of Apotles 12 vs 4 KJV

And when he had apprehended him, he put him in a prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.[b]

Do they read their Bible?
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Justkatty(f): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2023
kenny714433:
Who told you fasting ends by 6PM? It's till 12 noon.

The fasting from meat was modified in the Cathechism in my own Diocese. The meat there was symbolism. You can fast from your phone, from alcohol, from doing anything you usually did in excess.
The aim is to detach yourself from excesses and draw closer to God.

I can't wait to see different versions of Today's Jesus 😂
Catholics make Easter so special, the hymns, activities, chants, etc you automatically experience the ancient Roman lifestyle and traditions.

This season also brings nostalgic memories of how I tried to pass literature class reading Chimamanda's Purple Hibiscus 😂
I believe your Diocese is Port Harcourt?

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Probz(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
I’m going to making a delicious lamb and turkey stew. I’m not really one for fish anyway.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by obinna58(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Religion is a joke
Make I no eat meat kee all of una

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by ahamonyeka(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
If una no go eat meat abeg make una pack am come give me

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Medley02(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
pek:
Do they read their Bible?
Like seriously. They will just come online and be spewing what they don't know.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by AbdulAkpan: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
EriMma1:
Where is it written in the bible that you should not eat meat as a memorial or in commemoration of Jesus' death? These are Catholics doctrines and the bible speaks against man-made doctrines and teachings in the book of Matthew 15:9-11
,👇
in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

I was once a catholic. In fact, born into a catholic home and was there up till 2001. And I remember how we were made to avoid meat on good Fridays just because of this catholic doctrine. It wasn't funny then but we had no choice as little children. Since I left, I no kukuma dey observe those things because I now read and understand the bible for myself.

So if as a christian you're not living by the word of God in the bible but some doctrines of men, then you need to check your christian life. The bible says, study to shew thyself approved, a work man that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Where is it written in the Bible that you should open your own church in the name of 'God called me'?

Don't argue what you don't know.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
MMempire:
Just abstain from meat today, shikena.
Why??
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by gbaskiboy: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.
Can you point to Bible reference regarding this? If you can not kindly keep mutes and stop deceiving people..
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by pek(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
AbdulAkpan:

Where is it written in the Bible that you should open your own church in the name of 'God called me'?

Don't argue what you don't know.

In trying to look smart, you sound foolish. You can as well enlighten us so that we know.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by DestinyNigga: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
Ola4lead:

I just want to ask, so if you and your wife don’t eat meat today you can have an affair even though you’re fasting and praying ? Lol
It’s blasphemy indeed

Sex between husband and wife is not sin. You can prove me wrong.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by ogascomax: 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
How can you say the Friday is good, you say it's a good Friday and yet you are not eating meet so why is the Friday good? I go over eat meat and the bones.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Ola4lead(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2023
DestinyNigga:

Sex between husband and wife is not sin. You can prove me wrong.

But you earlier said if the wife or husband eats meat cos it’s Good Friday that it’s wrong. Moreover don’t forget you even add the term fasting and prayer to it, You are now telling the world it’s right for a husband and wife to have sex even when they’re active in fasting and prayer.

My pastor I hail thee ooo
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by DestinyNigga: 7:57am On Apr 08, 2023
Ola4lead:

But you earlier said if the wife or husband eats meat cos it’s Good Friday that it’s wrong. Moreover don’t forget you even add the term fasting and prayer to it, You are now telling the world it’s right for a husband and wife to have sex even when they’re active in fasting and prayer.

My pastor I hail thee ooo

Where in bible they said that husband and wife should not have sex when fasting? Is we individuals that formed such.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Cool83(m): 8:05am On Apr 08, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I would state this openly that eating meat today is very wrong, because it was today that Jesus died so eating meat is outright blasphemy and would attract the agents of the dark forces to your life. The best is to stay away from it.

This I have seen.

Any Bible verse to support your claim
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Ola4lead(m): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2023
DestinyNigga:

Where in bible they said that husband and wife should not have sex when fasting? Is we individuals that formed such.

Thanks a lot for your reference, now tell me where you can find it in the Bible where it state you should not eat meat on Good Friday? Lol

More so tell me how the 40 days fasting is related with the Passover or the time of Jesus death that we opt for today
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Dharmiejoe(m): 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
Go and read bible and stop asking silly questions all over the place...all this nairalander posts sef!!
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Gilgil: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Then ENLIGHTEN us.

Let's Learn from you. sad
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Gilgil: 12:41am On Apr 09, 2023
The reason I wouldn't have wanted to is that, you the poster are an imposter.

And would like to ridicule the doctrine. If you had posted and claimed to be non-catholic, that would have been understandable.

But for the benefit of those who don't know, the simple action of abstaining from meat on good friday is self denial on that day given that meat has been historically pleasurable to most humans.

This practice is the baseline penance one can make during lent that as a Catholic faithful on a worse case scenario.

The Church then came together way back and agreed for all members to abstain, as a message of penitenance in unison

Now there are vegetarians and Vegans who naturally don't eat meat, what should they do? Its still the same fundamental concept of self denial on that day - They would abstain from their most representative desirable meal as part of the church's agreement as the body of Christ.

Vinnie2000:

Then ENLIGHTEN us.

Let's Learn from you. sad

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:40am On Apr 09, 2023
Gilgil:
The reason I wouldn't have wanted to is that, you the poster are an imposter.

And would like to ridicule the doctrine. If you had posted and claimed to be non-catholic, that would have been understandable.

But for the benefit of those who don't know, the simple action of abstaining from meat on good friday is self denial on that day given that meat has been historically pleasurable to most humans.

This practice is the baseline penance one can make during lent that as a Catholic faithful on a worse case scenario.

The Church then came together way back and agreed for all members to abstain, as a message of penitenance in unison

Now there are vegetarians and Vegans who naturally don't eat meat, what should they do? Its still the same fundamental concept of self denial on that day - They would abstain from their most representative desirable meal as part of the church's agreement as the body of Christ.

U should have dropped this when it was MOSTLY needed.
Re: Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? by Exceed15: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
thatigboman:
no heaven for u. Abomination

Loool ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation / What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.