Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) (19961 Views)

Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe Slams Brain Drain Bill / Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) / Buhari Directs Health Minister To Turn Brain Drain To Brain Gain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by socialmediaman: 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by MotiveU(f): 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:
They should go and sch in UK/US then,majority of the medical students can't afford to sch abroad,fed govt is subsidising education for them for the betterment of NIG citizens not UK/US/Saudi
Mumu nah you they pay their school fees.
All this apc supporters have little or no brain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by bitbillionaire: 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
Who are these idiots condemning the bill that is for Nigeria's best interest.

Over 90% of their points make no sense

3 Likes

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:
They should go and sch in UK/US then,majority of the medical students can't afford to sch abroad,fed govt is subsidising education for them for the betterment of NIG citizens not UK/US/Saudi

I support the bill. Federal government subsidises education a lot in this country. It is very expensive to study these courses abroad. Most of the doctors there pay back years after graduation especially in the US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by baralatie(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
MotiveU:

It is the federal govt that has subsidized their medical education and training nau!

1 Like

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Sltp: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:
Nobody is subsidizing anything. Nigerian educational sector is bullshit. However, haven't been introduced to a lot of medical practices in Nigeria, they can go through some fast training and continuous training and they'll meet up to international standards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by bdon123(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
mactoni91:
I want to announce that most anti agbado supporters hav been blocked frm making any comment where tinubu name is mentioned.Seun is a tinubu supporter that is paid to show tinubu solidarity only .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Dcaliphate(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by luluman: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:
You are so dumb, you think Doctors are Nairaland. Miscreants?
They already opted for no subsidy for those that can afford full payment by themselves, you'll not read but ready to talk. Mumu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:

You should go and study medicine and treat yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
Is04970:
There are arguments for and against the bill but I'll tilt towards the Reps.
If you desire to practice in UK or US as a medical practitioner why not school there and pay huge fees for your training?
Why get your education in Nigeria with taxpayers money and end up not being useful for Nigeria?
The hospitals in Nigeria aren't equipped ;Yes. So also the airports, seaports, the roads are bad etc but if the country manages to train you to become a doctor it behoves on you to manage to practice there.

The bill is simply slavery

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
anything that would increase the suffering and inflict the Nigerian factor to the dreams and hopes of talented individuals from making quantifiable progress is what this government is after, the government doesn't want to see individuals progress, doctors that ordinarily didn't want to japa would see it as mandatory to do so now, If u want to stop brain drain build good hospitals, Fair pay, good working conditions, offer benefits, insurance and shift periods, training is what stops brain drain, bring what those countries are offering here in Nigeria and cut d japa by half,

bill to designate medical tourism by public officials should be passed to law

bill to penalize paternity frauds should be recognized as a crime in d country

Corruption should be matched to life imprisonment

false rape accusers should be recognized as law offenders and their sentences clearly spelt out in d constitution
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by luluman: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Is04970:
If you desire to practice in UK or US as a medical practitioner why not school there and pay huge fees for your training?
Why get your education in Nigeria with taxpayers money and end up not being useful for Nigeria?
The hospitals in Nigeria aren't equipped ;Yes. So also the airports, seaports, the roads are bad etc but if the country manages to train you to become a doctor it behoves on you to manage to practice there.
Can't you people read? They already said the government sponsorship should be optional for those that want and they can serve 5 years after study in Nigeria. Please go back and read.
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Aboguede(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
educated man grin

1 Like

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
austinvsb:
An important bill! The US does the same through the 7 years RESIDENCY programme that is Mandatory for anyone that wants to be a practicing doctor.

Looks like most people now want to go study medicine in Nigerian universities so as to be able to run away the next year after graduation!

That's not to take away from the need for the Government to provide proper financial compensations and facilities for our doctors!!!

Are doctors in the US owed salaries? Go and study medicine and start treating yourself

1 Like

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by RexTramadol1: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
I support the bill.

Nigerians pay tax to subsidize your study, in turn you get licensed and go elsewhere, open twitter account and start influencer work at the expense of repaying the subsidy.

It’s either the nation stops subsidizing the medical school fees (make them pay the full cost and be licensed immediately) or ( agree to work for at least five years here before being licensed)
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by luluman: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
tomzyELNINO:
CAN WE ALSO HAVE A BILL THAT STOPS POLITICIANS FROM GOING ABROAD FOR MEDICAT TREATMENT?
The dumb ones on nairaland that supported the bill banning doctors will not answer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nigerian politicians have a deep crazy entrenched hatred for anybody wearing white lab coats 😱😮😩 grin grin grin grin
Whether physician, scientists, et.c once they see you with lab coat wahala don start.

The bill actually aims to squeeze, emasculate and completely paralyze the medical sector.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Kossyso: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Every sane Nigerian should support this bill. It has been long coming.

1 Like

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by aloma007(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
I support NIMSA on this.

The Nigerian Legislative assembly is always anti-people in decision making and making sure citizens are tie down by law that enslaves them.

The bill is dead on arrival and will be determined by the court. Simple

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to project an affordable fast coal stove into the market. When actualized, users will only need to buy the "Save9ja" stove and keep purchasing dr. Cooker (its fitted fast coal) with lasting grades at the cheapest.

I bet with my life that many will relax the fear over gas rates.

I'm in Abeokuta for whoever is willing to see me face to face and fund it either through partnership, free sponsorship, support or as an NGO. Five hundred thousand naira, (#500,000) has kept this idea under the carpet for the past three years.

The above amount will conclude its research and produce many for immediate test-running within a month and dealers will be hugely welcomed.

I repeat it will kill off all fears relating to costly cooking energy.

I need your various help on this project to cushion effect of hardship on the people

Thanks.

#nlmods respects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by tamdun: 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
MotiveU:

U no get sense,so they are free to run to UK after nig govt used tax payers money to subsidise their education?
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by tamdun: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
Sltp:
[b]Nobody is subsidizing anything. [/b]Nigerian educational sector is bullshit. However, haven't been introduced to a lot of medical practices in Nigeria, they can go through some fast training and continuous training and they'll meet up to international standards
They should head to UK/US and Saudi since govt isn't subsidising their education
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Coly2012(m): 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
Is04970:
if a doctor is trained in a private university,those the government have any form of subsidy for such person? If the problem is to be solved why looking for medication to one of it's branches instead of focusing on treating the root cause. It's time we start to look inword to solve our too many problems and forget about individuality.
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by sniperr007(m): 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:

You are right.

The cost of medical education here is very cheap compared to what their counterpart pay in counties like Ghana.

Yet after a year of practice. They leave.i support this bill although I think the health industry should be improved also.

But i think ok no problem with health industry in Nigeria lies on culture and perception of the people. Nigerians first contact with health industry is pharmacies and thisbis both a cultural thing and also a financial thing.

It's a double edge sword. FG needs to act on health care and also health workers need to support the industry.
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by whixstan(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
The government is tryna act like they care lol when we know they really don't care you don't have to cage them in for 5yrs just because the system is all messed up and you go to those same countries they going for health checkups and care that's a big form of hypocrisy one thing I know for sure is as Nigerians we are very resilient and we hardly sit by and allow opportunities to fly by there will always be away all these is just going to make it more expensive than it already is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by tamdun: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
luluman:
You are so dumb, you think Doctors are Nairaland. Miscreants?
They already opted for no subsidy for those that can afford full payment by themselves, you'll not read but ready to talk. Mumu.
I really pity u guys,8yrs is a very long time....
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by donbenie(m): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
baralatie:

It is the federal govt that has subsidized their medical education and training nau!
The ones that went to private universities nko?
If you have any advice to give, marshall it to the government..
If they don't want Doctors leaving,all they have to do is improve all round medical experiences in Nigeria
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Chi133(f): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Is04970:

Exactly
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Coly2012(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
tamdun:

They should head to UK/US and Saudi since govt isn't subsidising their education
if I may ask oooooo, is our education really subsidized? Or the country is charging according to the services rendered? Or Nigeria parents are paying too much for a poor educational services? Let's starts from this questions first.
Re: NIMSA Opposes The Brain Drain Bill (Official Statement) by Chetas81(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Djyucee1:
Good one . Our leaders are very selfish and self centered. Their kids are abroad having the best life and medical care but they don’t want to common man to have same
their supporters are not common man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Doses Of Experimental Ebola Drug Sent To west Africa / Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method / Abibat Kehinde Welcomes Twins, Abandoned By Her Husband At Epe Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.