Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka (39470 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Struggles To Prevent Husband From Eating Mistress' Concoctions / Obidients Is Most Repulsive, Off-putting Concoctions I Ever Encountered- Soyinka / I Wish There Would 2 Countries In Nigeria - One For Obidients & One For Urchins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Ckonnet: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
youngreezy:
Em true colour don dey come out,prof be a man with balls,tell us where you belong,no dey go through corner abeg......and remember say Fulani herdsmen dey slaughter people up and down oooo,make you speak out about that one too,make una carry obi matter for head make Fulani dey kill dey go....till e go reach everybody na that time una go get sense

Apart from baba fella and Chinua achebe, others are just educated clowns because these men dont know what it means to be a Nigerian youth in this period even outside the country.
France of all places is been razed down by it's citizens just because macron extended their retirement age,here we are bashing n calling youths that their only crime is being ruled by idiots. When that revolution will arrive, their will be room 4 them
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by donprinyo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
Christistruth03:

Back to Sender
U need a job. What's ur highest educational background
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Karnice600: 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/07/obidients-one-most-repulsive-putting-concoctions-i-ever-encountered-political-arena

Practically this man's thinking is just average.
Poetically and grammatically he's better off, but those don't matter to our current realities.

This is the same man who witnessed Buhari's military rule, yet told the youths to give him another chance. He lacked the analytical ability to differentiate a disciplinarian from an Islamic fanatic. Mistook religious sentiments for unwavering integrity.

Wole Soyinka is only colourful for ceremonies and for the records, not a promising potential for dealing with the current realities.
He's a walking artifact, not a working potential for practical, effective leadership .
He should just look for a good chair and relax abeg.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by uzhiyeka(m): 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
accordadoga29:
cheesy

They thought everyone would be daft to vote for an illiterate with upper iweka accent.

A colossal failure who could not commission a single project when he was a governor.

A religious warrior who knew he would lose because he has no track records as a governor but thought the only way he could win votes would be through religion antics.

A youth at 62.

A pathological liar.

An illiterate who did not know what green energy is.

A man who gets advised by a mad man.

A fake messiah who sheds crocodile tears on the national tv.

Nigeria does not need a female president at this critical time.

God bless every finger that voted against the serpent. It doesn’t matter if the vote was for Ashiwaju, Kwankwaso or Atiku. You saved us

May we live long to witness the leadership of Tinubu together.

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Karnice600: 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Sltp:
After inventing cultism into Nigeria, this idiot supported Buhari. I've always known he is overrated.

The man no worth am
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Karnice600: 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
RexTramadol1:

He for put himself for cross make dem nail am na.

Your dad or grand dad no dey that generation? Wetin dem contribute?

Why you come mumu like this?
Wetin concern you and the guy papa?
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Christistruth03: 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
donprinyo:

U need a job. What's ur highest educational background

More than yours

To God be the Glory
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by cuteboy2: 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
The seed of tribal politics of hate was sown and fanned by APC into a raging flame in 2015 in their desperate attempt to unseat Jonathan. The APC Internet trolls concocted every lie and called GEJ every unprintable name then. Yet Soyinka didn't think that was "fascist" or reprehensible.

The APC Internet trolls were so toxic they were called "zombies". They in turn called PDP supporters "wailers" for complaining about the toxic and hateful attacks.

Curious that Soyinka was part of that marauding APC and Buharist crowd. When the result of Buhari's horrible tenure affected him personally when herdsmen invaded his farmstead, he got angry but then went deaf mute thereafter till today.

Zico5:
The level of hatred these so called Obidients are sowing in our polity. It will be very hard for anyone from that potopoto enclave to be president.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by donprinyo(m): 12:21am On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

More than yours

To God be the Glory
I doubt that.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Toriq1299: 12:23am On Apr 08, 2023
Are you looking for expert and talented animator and modeller that can bring your imagination to life? Look no further ! With our years of experience and expertise in 3D modelling and animation, we can create high-quality animation and models in the best possible light.

*Kindly reach out to me on fiverr through the below link*
https:///41aoo4V
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Christistruth03: 12:39am On Apr 08, 2023
donprinyo:

I doubt that.

Do you have PHD

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by RexTramadol1: 2:34am On Apr 08, 2023
Karnice600:

Why you come mumu like this?
Wetin concern you and the guy papa?

If him papa don die for Nigeria, the country for don better now.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Naz34(m): 3:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Jakpon:
The truth is that a large percentage of the so called obidients are IPOB miscreants who had been trained by Nnamdi kanu to be abusive, vile, uncouth and asinine

You need to read the disparaging comments they wrote about Pastor Adeboye and RCCG simply because the respected man of God, out of divine wisdom, did not use the pulpit to promote the candidacy of Peter Obi as other pastors did.

See the poster below me refering to Professor Wole Soyinka as a man with words but no action. This is the same Wole Soyinka, a Yoruba man, who spent eighteen months in prison during the civil war because of his involvement in the Biafra cause. Meanwhile their own Biafra leaders like Ojukwu, Achebe, Azikiwe etc, were all hiding from one under ground bunker to another until Ojukwu cowardly ran away to Abidjan.

Former President Obasanjo whom they now regard as an hero because of his hypocritical and self serving stance in supporting Peter Obi's presidency, succeeded late Benjamin Adekunle(Black Scorpin) as the C.O of the 3rd Marine Commando Division. This is the Division that finished off their fathers during the war.

Today this headless mob who have gotten their heads buried deep inside Peter Obi's rectum, see Obasanjo as a friend while Soyinka is a villian.
those people are really lacking brain and proper reasoning

3 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Naz34(m): 3:28am On Apr 08, 2023
wole soyinka lacks effective communication.

I do not see intelligence on this write up
says a miscreant wey no finish secondary school. Go and sit down abeg

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Snakedoctor1: 5:52am On Apr 08, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/07/obidients-one-most-repulsive-putting-concoctions-i-ever-encountered-political-arena

Simple comprehension!

Who told you people that the article is against Obi movement and the supporters? It is a balanced piece that the nobel leurate wrote to advice generality of the people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Caseless: 6:00am On Apr 08, 2023
Misterc:
In as much as he's one of our Most Respected Nobel Laureate.....
I must say Professor Wole Soyinka is just all words and no actions....
If you're supporting Obi just say it...
If you're supporting Tinubu just says it straight up...
Rather than these sitting on the fence and all words...
His article is too deep for you to understand? English of higher people? Read again!

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Caseless: 6:00am On Apr 08, 2023
Snakedoctor1:

Simple comprehension!

Who told you people that the article is against Obi movement and the supporters? It is a balanced piece that the nobel leurate wrote to advice generality of the people.
na english wey prof use de confuse them.

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Caseless: 6:01am On Apr 08, 2023
If you read from people like Soyinka,you'd respect Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by vickydevoka(m): 6:30am On Apr 08, 2023
chisomkachy:

The most useless professor of all time. A man that takes zero action but sits comfortably in another man's land to type gibberish articles. With all due respect I spit on you say. My own be say make yoruba man or woman no even beg me money as dem Sabi beg ..
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by HNICEARTH: 8:00am On Apr 08, 2023
See where this one's problems with the youth started.

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by donprinyo(m): 10:23am On Apr 08, 2023
Christistruth03:

Do you have PHD
With de way u reason I doubt u have smelled university not to talk of PhD
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by toneroforever(m): 10:36am On Apr 08, 2023
Hypocrisy is when someone at Soyinka's level will see nothing wrong with Yoruba thugs attacks on Igbos & other OBIdients during the elections but would rather write an epistle against the same people who r against the worst administration in the history of this country.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by toneroforever(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2023
Misterc:
In as much as he's one of our Most Respected Nobel Laureate.....
I must say Professor Wole Soyinka is just all words and no actions....
If you're supporting Obi just say it...
If you're supporting Tinubu just says it straight up...
Rather than these sitting on the fence and all words...

Don't mind the hypocrite. Soyinka could attack GEJ because GEJ was civil & respected people's rights. He should have tried to protest against or criticize PMB,who he incidentally supported in 2015.... that's when he will know that freedom after speech isn't guaranteed.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Gajagojo: 10:47am On Apr 08, 2023
toneroforever:
Hypocrisy is when someone at Soyinka's level will see nothing wrong with Yoruba thugs attacks on Igbos & other OBIdients during the elections but would rather write an epistle against the same people who r against the worst administration in the history of this country.
Hypocrisy combined with illiteracy and duplicity is when this happened
https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/04/nobel-laureate-soyinka-condemns-violent-attacks-unleashed-igbo-lagos-during-governorship

The problem with Obidients is they tell lies without shame,many are illiterates and enjoy being victims
They lie and lie and lielie and lie and lielie and lie and lielie and lie and lielie and lie and lie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Christistruth03: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2023
donprinyo:

With de way u reason I doubt u have smelled university not to talk of PhD

I asked you have a PHD
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by CookieBrown: 11:26am On Apr 08, 2023
Sizwezi:

Who are the Obedient’s ? To simply put . These are people who are tired of the status quo when it comes to Nigeria. All they want is a man who can lead this nation to that greatness it deserves. He can be from any tribe or religion we don’t care, All we care about are his leadership attributes, sincerity , and compassion for the common man and the nation at large. Peter Obi is /was that man. Outta the candidates that contested no man was more deserving than Obi. I, an Igbo man born and brought up in Lagos , wouldn’t have had a problem voting BRF; Babatunde Raji Fashola. Not just myself , but a lot of us can attest to his leadership qualities and zeal to do what is right. They might not be perfect , but these are men that have the capability and heart to give this nation a befitting status that is not below par. When the likes of Soyinka speaks or write concerning the Country, I just laugh, because the only legacy he is known for are two things; stealing Achebe’s award and starting up cultism, the former being the most famous. So my advice to him is to maintain his silence, because all he is known for is negativity. His contribution to the country has had more negativity than positivity. For us who chose to be known as Obedient, we are proud of it , because all we are asking for is a better country with Obi as our leader spearheading that cause. They say we are intolerant all because we refuse to accept mediocrity, repetition, stagnation, backwardness, and what not …… but I tell you today, we are even nice because we haven’t chosen violence, but words of truth with our voices; See Falz, Aisha, Kenneth , and the youth at large, it’s just been our voices. If our voices shake you this much, what would become of you , when we decide to take the streets like the good people of Sri Lanka ? It’s better to be Obedient than to be sacrificed for their greed, killings, corruption and quest for power which turn out to be a pain in the lives of the common man.

Who are the Obedient’s ? Mostly an Igbo (not the successful & intelligent ones obviously) IPOB movement filled with religious and ethnic bigotry. A very unintelligent group

These are people who are tired of the status quo when it comes to Nigeria - As mentioned above, a very unintelligent group. Tired of the status quo but want to vote in a candidate that's part of the very same status quo and worse

All they want is a man who can lead this nation to that greatness it deserves - Lead just like he did in Anambra for 8 years? The same man who prefers to live in Lagos run by the Yoruba government?

He can be from any tribe or religion we don’t care, All we care about are his leadership attributes, sincerity , and compassion for the common man and the nation at large. Peter Obi is /was that man - Wrong and unintelligent. Tinubu is the man. Let's look at the states the candidates come from and record as Governors. Tinubu comes on top. HARD COLD FACTS!

an Igbo man born and brought up in Lagos - An igbo man he is and will always be irrespective of whether he was born in Yoruba or Arewa land. Stop trying to claim what you never have or had or can never be. Be confident in your history and where you come from!!

Soyinka speaks or write concerning the Country, I just laugh, because the only legacy he is known for are two things; stealing Achebe’s award - Prove it. But of course you can't. As a default and average / below average igbo, you function mainly on emotions as opposed to critical reasoning. Best stick to buying and selling.

Unfortunately, the average and below igbo (Definitely not all) is constantly looking in the mirror and what they see, they really don't like. Everything he claims to be is what the Yoruba is and everything he accuses the Yoruba of is what he is sadly. A truly strange phenomenon.

2 Likes

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by Sewgon79(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
kingthreat:
I don't like any of the Nigerian presidential candidates.
But the fact that Obi lost was something worth celebrating to. Even if Kwankwaso won, I would have preferred it to Obi. He started a movement of an online mob that seeks to destroy reasoning that contradicts him.
If Obi had won and become president, he will have a movement of over 30million obidients willing to defend his misdeeds. Nigeria did not didge a bullet. Nigeria dodged a RPG.

I will repost this again so that Yoruba can know where the Ibo/Igbo are coming from:
🦉
IGBO INFERIORITY COMPLEX
Our Elders talk about the man who was in search of trouble. He has been looking for trouble all over the village but couldn't find any So the elders of the village directed him to the house of the village pauper, the poorest man in the village. They told him to go and carry his lone fowl, the very one he has been nursing for several months and keeping for the next New Yam festival. So he went to the man's house and when the man wasn't looking,he picked the fowl and bolted with it. NOBODY knew peace in the whole village as a consequence of that action. The trouble and noise became so much that the whole village went in search of the man who carried the fowl of the pauper. Infact the man who was looking for trouble had to rush there with the fowl, panting he dropped it and left. Before he left he asked the man " What is it gan sef, just an ordinary ONE FOWL?"
Since that time our Elders have had the saying: “The man who steals the fowl of the village pauper has activated the same man who will talk him to devil!”
Why am I saying all these?
You people need to understand the Igbos, we really need to understand wherefrom they came and what has added to make them what they are today. The Igbo people [ of the HINTERLANDS, TODAYS today's SE ] are a people who suddenly, belatedly, came into contact with civilization at a time that most other people had gone very far.

And they came with their very CUNNING INSTINCTS. Do you know that from my friend's mother, I have always heard that the ANIOMA people of Asaba, Ibusa, Ogwashikwu etc dealt with the Igbos of the hinterland with EXTREME CAUTION AND DISTRUST? A story is told that when the Asaba man had cause to cross the River Nigeria into Obosi, today's Anambra State, he would go round the entire length of his village to announce to his kinsmen that he was crossing the River Niger into Obosi. It was because they NEVER TRUSTED the Obosi people of Anambra. The Igbos of the hinterlands are people troubled by INFERIORITY COMPLEX and this worries them every minute of their lives and association with other people. It is the problem they have had in Nigeria. They have a mindset that you must accept that they DOMINATE YOU otherwise, where you don't allow them, it will appear to them that you have cheated them because they were Igbos [ from the bush ].
They are awed by your complex and advanced social order which they lack. They know it is way ahead of theirs but this angers them again. It eats them up as though it was your fault that you both grew up under different settings.

As the typical sufferer of inferiority complex the typical Igbo doesn't want to respect your own peculiar culture but he wants to let you know that his own culture is better than yours and he actually wants you to subscribe to his culture.
He wants his culture and way of life to rub off on you and probably subsumes yours.
It is a problem of inferiority complex.
The igbos [ of the HINTERLANDS, today's SE ] NEVER had anything like monarchies.
No, they didn't have.
The Asaba and other Ika Igbo tribes had but not those of today's SE IGBOS.
Monarchy - Igwe, Eze etc are very recent creations of the Europeans in Igbo land.
They never had it.
And it troubles them too.
Have you noticed that in nearly all Igbo communities and towns, you can hardly find a man who goes by the title " Eze whatever II of Amawbia" or " Okwadike Gburugburu III of Nnewi" ?
Very rare, if you ever find at all.
Everybody gets his title as NUMBER 1
Examples:
Eze Nwafor Ndiorioma I of Nnobi
Igwe Okwadike Gburugburu I of Ogunnabali
Gbogbotigbo I of Awka.
Eze Ndigbo Ogbuefi I of Lagos.
Sopuro Ngwo Warawara I of Kano
You just go an verify.
Anything that is Number 2 is a matter of psychological pain for the typical Igbo man.
It is infact the reason many of them are breaking their necks around the world for money, just to be RICHER THAN THEIR NEIGHBOURS, just so they can be identified as the Richest man in the community.

As far as the typical Igbo man is concerned - ANAMBRA IN PARTICULAR - MONEY answers all questions so they believe that MONEY is what all sensible persons must first get before CHARACTER. It is the reason the Igbo man can't understand why all the Yorubas of Lagos can't oblige them by quitting Lagos and walking into Atlantic ocean when they, the Igbos, have all the money to buy all of them poor people. The typical igbo man usually confuses RICHES WITH WEALTH.

His inferiority complex doesn't allow him to comprehend the fact that a man can be without money but exceedingly wealthy and can infact command such respect and recognition than the man with all the money.
It is the reason why the igbo man won't understand why a Professor Wole Soyinka will be talking about giving a reward of $1,000 in the same country where Chris Uba can conjure N10 Billion for same purpose yet you people don't listen to Chris Uba the way you listen to Soyinka. The typical Igbo man doesn't understand that kind of setting and it hurts him. To him it is discrimination. In Igbo land the man with the MONEY MUST BE THE TALKER, AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF ALL DECISIONS. It is still the same problem - inferiority complex.

This is what you see when a Giringory Obi, a man who got a F9 GCE DEGREE from Night School, couldnt get NE and NW crucial votes, came distant 3rd, doesn't agree he lost on 25th February 2023. He cant understand how a Yoruba man can be ahead of him. Till this day, the Igbos haven't forgiven Prof. Soyinka for beating Prof. Achebe to the Nobel Literature Prize. They take it very seriously. It is an ETHNIC issue for them. Whereas Achebe wrote Things Fall Apart - a very excellent story - you still won't compare his workd to the many works of Soyinka. The igbos will never agree. It always have to be about and for the Igbo man.

The Nigerian structure that can be acceptable to the typical Igbo man is one where the Igbo man is on top of every single sphere in Nigeria's Government at the Federal and state level. Give them that and you become the Friend of Ndigbo - A good detribalized Nigerian. This is the mindset of the typical Igbo people - the WANNABE ZIONISTS. A very funny people. Anytime and everywhere you find some of them wannabe Zionists misbehaving just remember this post.

Thank you.
© Adedamola Adetayo
06 April 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by XAUBulls: 7:01am On Apr 24, 2023
Jakpon:
The truth is that a large percentage of the so called obidients are IPOB miscreants who had been trained by Nnamdi kanu to be abusive, vile, uncouth and asinine

You need to read the disparaging comments they wrote about Pastor Adeboye and RCCG simply because the respected man of God, out of divine wisdom, did not use the pulpit to promote the candidacy of Peter Obi as other pastors did.

See the poster below me refering to Professor Wole Soyinka as a man with words but no action. This is the same Wole Soyinka, a Yoruba man, who spent eighteen months in prison during the civil war because of his involvement in the Biafra cause. Meanwhile their own Biafra leaders like Ojukwu, Achebe, Azikiwe etc, were all hiding from one under ground bunker to another until Ojukwu cowardly ran away to Abidjan.

Former President Obasanjo whom they now regard as an hero because of his hypocritical and self serving stance in supporting Peter Obi's presidency, succeeded late Benjamin Adekunle(Black Scorpin) as the C.O of the 3rd Marine Commando Division. This is the Division that finished off their fathers during the war.

Today this headless mob who have gotten their heads buried deep inside Peter Obi's rectum, see Obasanjo as a friend while Soyinka is a villian.
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by XAUBulls: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
Sewgon79:

I will repost this again so that Yoruba can know where the Ibo/Igbo are coming from:
🦉

IGBO INFERIORITY COMPLEX
Our Elders talk about the man who was in search of trouble. He has been looking for trouble all over the village but couldn't find any So the elders of the village directed him to the house of the village pauper, the poorest man in the village. They told him to go and carry his lone fowl, the very one he has been nursing for several months and keeping for the next New Yam festival. So he went to the man's house and when the man wasn't looking,he picked the fowl and bolted with it. NOBODY knew peace in the whole village as a consequence of that action. The trouble and noise became so much that the whole village went in search of the man who carried the fowl of the pauper. Infact the man who was looking for trouble had to rush there with the fowl, panting he dropped it and left. Before he left he asked the man " What is it gan sef, just an ordinary ONE FOWL?"
Since that time our Elders have had the saying: “The man who steals the fowl of the village pauper has activated the same man who will talk him to devil!”
Why am I saying all these?
You people need to understand the Igbos, we really need to understand wherefrom they came and what has added to make them what they are today. The Igbo people [ of the HINTERLANDS, TODAYS today's SE ] are a people who suddenly, belatedly, came into contact with civilization at a time that most other people had gone very far.

And they came with their very CUNNING INSTINCTS. Do you know that from my friend's mother, I have always heard that the ANIOMA people of Asaba, Ibusa, Ogwashikwu etc dealt with the Igbos of the hinterland with EXTREME CAUTION AND DISTRUST? A story is told that when the Asaba man had cause to cross the River Nigeria into Obosi, today's Anambra State, he would go round the entire length of his village to announce to his kinsmen that he was crossing the River Niger into Obosi. It was because they NEVER TRUSTED the Obosi people of Anambra. The Igbos of the hinterlands are people troubled by INFERIORITY COMPLEX and this worries them every minute of their lives and association with other people. It is the problem they have had in Nigeria. They have a mindset that you must accept that they DOMINATE YOU otherwise, where you don't allow them, it will appear to them that you have cheated them because they were Igbos [ from the bush ].
They are awed by your complex and advanced social order which they lack. They know it is way ahead of theirs but this angers them again. It eats them up as though it was your fault that you both grew up under different settings.

As the typical sufferer of inferiority complex the typical Igbo doesn't want to respect your own peculiar culture but he wants to let you know that his own culture is better than yours and he actually wants you to subscribe to his culture.
He wants his culture and way of life to rub off on you and probably subsumes yours.
It is a problem of inferiority complex.
The igbos [ of the HINTERLANDS, today's SE ] NEVER had anything like monarchies.
No, they didn't have.
The Asaba and other Ika Igbo tribes had but not those of today's SE IGBOS.
Monarchy - Igwe, Eze etc are very recent creations of the Europeans in Igbo land.
They never had it.
And it troubles them too.
Have you noticed that in nearly all Igbo communities and towns, you can hardly find a man who goes by the title " Eze whatever II of Amawbia" or " Okwadike Gburugburu III of Nnewi" ?
Very rare, if you ever find at all.
Everybody gets his title as NUMBER 1
Examples:
Eze Nwafor Ndiorioma I of Nnobi
Igwe Okwadike Gburugburu I of Ogunnabali
Gbogbotigbo I of Awka.
Eze Ndigbo Ogbuefi I of Lagos.
Sopuro Ngwo Warawara I of Kano
You just go an verify.
Anything that is Number 2 is a matter of psychological pain for the typical Igbo man.
It is infact the reason many of them are breaking their necks around the world for money, just to be RICHER THAN THEIR NEIGHBOURS, just so they can be identified as the Richest man in the community.

As far as the typical Igbo man is concerned - ANAMBRA IN PARTICULAR - MONEY answers all questions so they believe that MONEY is what all sensible persons must first get before CHARACTER. It is the reason the Igbo man can't understand why all the Yorubas of Lagos can't oblige them by quitting Lagos and walking into Atlantic ocean when they, the Igbos, have all the money to buy all of them poor people. The typical igbo man usually confuses RICHES WITH WEALTH.

His inferiority complex doesn't allow him to comprehend the fact that a man can be without money but exceedingly wealthy and can infact command such respect and recognition than the man with all the money.
It is the reason why the igbo man won't understand why a Professor Wole Soyinka will be talking about giving a reward of $1,000 in the same country where Chris Uba can conjure N10 Billion for same purpose yet you people don't listen to Chris Uba the way you listen to Soyinka. The typical Igbo man doesn't understand that kind of setting and it hurts him. To him it is discrimination. In Igbo land the man with the MONEY MUST BE THE TALKER, AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF ALL DECISIONS. It is still the same problem - inferiority complex.

This is what you see when a Giringory Obi, a man who got a F9 GCE DEGREE from Night School, couldnt get NE and NW crucial votes, came distant 3rd, doesn't agree he lost on 25th February 2023. He cant understand how a Yoruba man can be ahead of him. Till this day, the Igbos haven't forgiven Prof. Soyinka for beating Prof. Achebe to the Nobel Literature Prize. They take it very seriously. It is an ETHNIC issue for them. Whereas Achebe wrote Things Fall Apart - a very excellent story - you still won't compare his workd to the many works of Soyinka. The igbos will never agree. It always have to be about and for the Igbo man.

The Nigerian structure that can be acceptable to the typical Igbo man is one where the Igbo man is on top of every single sphere in Nigeria's Government at the Federal and state level. Give them that and you become the Friend of Ndigbo - A good detribalized Nigerian. This is the mindset of the typical Igbo people - the WANNABE ZIONISTS. A very funny people. Anytime and everywhere you find some of them wannabe Zionists misbehaving just remember this post.

Thank you.
© Adedamola Adetayo
06 April 2023
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by XAUBulls: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
Re: Obidients, One Of The Most Repulsive Concoctions Encountered - Soyinka by charlypoker(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2023
AnambraPRINCE78:
HE IS MORE USEFUL AND IMPORTANT THAN YOUR FOOOOLISH FATHER

NITWIT

You a degraded nincompoop, you are as foolish as your father.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2023: Naira Will Hit ₦5,000 Per Dollar If.... – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu / Nigerians React To Peter Obi's CKC Claim In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.