Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives (35717 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Woman With Three Explosives In Cross River / Sunday Igboho Second In Command Caught With Explosives (BREAKING) / Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
A 25-year-old groom has died in an explosion after his bride’s ex gifted them a music system rigged with explosives.

One day after their nuptials on April 1, the newlywed groom was at his home with family in Chhattisgarh’s Kabirdham district, India, when he was killed.

The groom, identified as 25-year-old Hemendra Merawi, and his brother, 30-year-old Rajkumar, unwrapped a music system gifted to Hemendra and his wife at their wedding. After setting it up and turning it on, the device exploded, police told The Express.

Both Hemendra and Rajkumar were killed in the blast that police said was so violent, it blew off the roof of the house and damaged three walls.

Five other family members, including an 18-month-old child, were injured in the explosion.

Hemendra’s new bride, only identified as a 29-year-old woman, was at her parents’ home at the time of the incident, news media reported.
After questioning Hemendra’s wife and other family members, police narrowed in on an ex-lover of the bride as the prime suspect.

Police have arrested the ex who gifted the newlyweds the music system rigged with explosives.

Sarju Markam, 33, who worked as an auto mechanic, was located and detained at his job on April 3.

Investigators found that Markam, who was already married with children, was upset after the bride rejected his desire for her to become his second wife, according to The Independent.

He became vengeful after she decided to marry Hemendra by way of an arranged marriage, police told The Express.

A day before the nuptials, Markam called the then bride-to-be and tried to convince her to not go through with it.

Markam then called Hemendra and threatened him.

"They had an altercation. Hemendra also had a talk with his fiancé and the issue was settled," Superintendent of Police Lal Umed Singh told The Express.

Following the phone calls, investigators say, Markam hatched his revenge plan.

Police said Markam had some experience in electronic repair work and had some knowledge of explosives after working at a stone-crushing unit which led him to create the wedding gift bomb.

Before quitting his job at the stone crushing unit around 2015, Markam stole 250 grams of ammonium nitrate which police suspect he used to create the explosive device that killed Hemendra and his brother.

In addition to the ammonium nitrate, Markam also utilized 1.5 kilograms of gunpowder he had taken from firecrackers, gasoline and several other materials to rig the music system, The Express reported.

Markam then had a friend take him to the wedding venue on March 31 where he placed the wrapped music system under several wedding gifts before departing.

Markam’s friend who gave him a ride had no knowledge of Markam’s plans, police told The Express.

Markam faces life imprisonment under India’s Explosive Substances Act, Vice reported.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/4/groom-killed-after-brides-ex-gifted-them-sound-system-rigged-with-explosives-2.html

2 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by youngreezy(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Omor that ex no get joy ooo

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Pathfinder2090: 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Man unkind to mankind

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
youngreezy:
Omor that ex no get joy ooo
Ajeh. Some people are mean. He can now marry the bride since the groom is death

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
Pathfinder2090:
Man unkind to mankind
cry cry cry
Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Wawelexy(m): 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
Investigators found that Markam, who was already married with children, was upset after the bride rejected his desire for her to become his second wife, according to The Independent.

Just imagine... Just hang him by his balls

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
i dont know whats more insane here...
A) the ex bf killing the groom because he was rejected by the bride
B) these newlywed accepting a gift from the disgruntled ex
C) or the ex doing all this above atrocity even though he already is married with kids

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Sonnobax15(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
lipsrsealed
Oh my goodness shocked. The length some nighas go just to avenge woman beef dey always dey surprise me..

8 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Bouncing2(m): 1:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Omor eeh

1 Like

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Neverslumber(f): 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
Avoid anything ex

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Kobicove(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
This is wickedness at its peak! angry

5 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Rokiat(f): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Just a downright borderline sociopath. Lord of our days have mercy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by SavageResponse(m): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
This type of crime should attract the death penalty

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Streetmovement(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

You accepted a gift from your ex and boom something terrible happens and you're no where to be found on the D-Day, I smell something bad

Make them follow arrest that bride, she's got a hand in this, who no Sabi no go Sabi

7 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Warl0ck: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
Wow
Omo see plan o
Make person cum thief my girl again
Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by PussyGalore(f): 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
I will only accept cash transfers from my exboyfriends on my wedding day, no packaged gifts.

Please take note Emeka, Kunle, Biodun, Charles, Kayode. smiley

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by muyico(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Women wicked pass devil! Second victim again! We men were endanger species? B4 we go on exile
Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Streetmovement:

You accepted a gift from your ex and boom something terrible happens and you're no where to be found on the D-Day, I smell something bad

Make them follow arrest that bride, she's got a hand in this, who no Sabi no go Sabi
Lol. Moral of the story. Stay away from ur ex

6 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
PussyGalore:
I will only accept cash transfers from my exboyfriends on my wedding day, no packaged gifts.

Please take note Emeka, Kunle, Biodun, Charles, Kayode. smiley
These are the ones u can remember. And u dated them just a week ago. cause even computer can't compute ur body count grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Warl0ck:
Wow

Omo see plan o

Make person cum thief my girl again
Lol
Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
SavageResponse:
This type of crime should attract the death penalty
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Streetmovement(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
saintbillion:

Lol. Moral of the story. Stay away from ur ex

grin no be lie

1 Like

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by oz4real83(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
Some people are just demons in human skin, he got married and has kids, but he still doesn't want the lady to also be happy and have her own family, that is greed of the highest order.😠. Such a man should be decapitated piece by piece while still alive so that he will spend every second of his remaining life in pains embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by JovialJune(f): 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
A jealous angry man is a dangerous man

Fear men

Use 24hrs to fear men

Again, FEAR MEN.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
oz4real83:
Some people are just demons in human skin, he got married and has kids, but he still doesn't want the lady to also be happy and have her own family, that is greed of the highest order.😠. Such a man should be decapitated piece by piece while still alive so that he will spend every second of his remaining life in pains embarassed
Lol maybe the girl done chop all of his money and she wan run away

2 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
JovialJune:
A jealous angry man is a dangerous man

Fear men

Use 24hrs to fear men

Again, FEAR MEN.
And fear anything that doesn't fear woman.

1 Like

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by JovialJune(f): 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
saintbillion:

And fear anything that doesn't fear woman.

Why? Women aren't destroying the world

Men are destroying the world on per minute basis

Again, FEAR MEN.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Baronthecelebri: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Streetmovement:

you're right bro, I suspect it too

3 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Baronthecelebri: 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hmm Na wa
Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by saintbillion(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
JovialJune:

Why? Women aren't destroying the world

Men are destroying the world on per minute basis

Again, FEAR MEN.
I'm sure the bride in question must have been deceiving her ex and eating his money

3 Likes

Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by Streetmovement(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
Baronthecelebri:
you're right bro, I suspect it too

cool
Re: Groom Killed After Bride's Ex Gifted Them Sound System Rigged With Explosives by JovialJune(f): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
saintbillion:

I'm sure the bride in question must have been deceiving her ex and eating his money

So why did the ex want her back if she was deceiving and eating his money? To the extent of killing her husband?

It is easier to read and comprehend clearly than type baseless assumptions from nowhere.

Streetmovement:

Where does it say she was no where to be found? She was at her parents place, so how exactly did she have a hand in it when she refused to be the ex's second wife?

Are you boys here bereft of common sense that you have to vomit baseless thoughts that sounds daft? Must a woman be at fault to suit your narrative?

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Goats Arrested In Kogi For Straying (photos) / 2-year-old girl beaten by her mother for not being able to count 1 to 200 (pics) / Police Arrest Two Suspected Ritualists With Human Skulls In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.