Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) (11217 Views)

List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

^^^ Sorry, you missed out Airforce - Eliozu road constructed by StarBoard's mentor Odili. Ameachi had to escavate the whole road to get it fixed.

This was one of the worst roads in PH until amaechi decided to reconstruct the whole road, the man basically tore the former one down , even the flyover is not left out, i remember nearly having an accident on that flyover grin grin grin, but the point is, he has and is making a difference as governor,
he has identified bad drainages as a cause of roads breaking down and is slowly but steadily converting open drains to underground drains, look at OLU OBASANJO and STADIUM road,
well all i can say is that the effects of all these constructions will not be felt now,
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by oladosusak(f): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
You could have a land for just N850,000, N450,000 and N250,000 @ Agric Bus Stop, Ikorodu in Lagos, Nigeria. call 08089199531 for more info.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^Thank you but please logoff, wait for 5 mins, logon again and then look for the Properties session for your posts.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

I repeat: Not making a choice is not an option

Now answer my own question:

Is there a difference between 25 and 35? If not, why are they not on the same point on the number line?

Awaiting your response . . . . . . . . .
There is none whatsoever in the context of an exam over 100.Both are regarded failures.
Enough?
phantom:

the last time we argued,you sounde reasonable AT first, then something happened, it was like you brought your brain out.threw it on the ground and stepped on it, i agree with you, the monorail is a colossal waste but must you throw away the baby with the bathwaterseriouslydo you deny this man has done reasonably well so far,even if you want to fail him in road construction
starboard, please be fair and tell us what rumuola road,elekahia-rumuomasi,old aba road,ikweree road(education to UST) used to be like
dont come off sounding like you have a personal vendetta against the man, if the above roads were not done or completed, na still you go come here dey cry blue murder, i ask again Do you live in PH?
I don't have a vendetta against Amaechi.I don't know him from a can of paint.So i have no reason to have anything personal against him.
My gripe with him has been highlighted by the fellow who released  the figures on Federation account allocation.If he collects that and is left with muddy,pot-hole infested roads in Port Harcourt,he is a failure.
As per the monorail,it still goes to show my point,which is a distinct LACK OF VISION IN GOVERNANCE:something he has in common with Odili.Odili did nothing;Amaechi is confusing things with the ones he is doing,in a bid to appear smart.
I live in Port Harcourt,have lived here for 4 1/2 years since I was transferred from Abuja at my place of work.I ply Trans Amadi-Nkpogu-Old GRA-Azikiwe axis twice everyday to drop and pick my child to and from school.I don't have to prove that to you or anyone.I do a masters in engineering at Uniport and I ply the NTA road most weekends.I know my way around PH enough to recognise that the roads are in terrible condition.
Fine the roads you listed are better now,but what about maintenance?Does that word exist in Amaechi's dictionary?Isn't Odili Road already developing holes?
What do you have to say about his jet plane?Isn't that lack of vision?What about hosting the sports festival that Rivers didn't need to?
Fokativ:

^^^ Sorry, you missed out Airforce - Eliozu road constructed by StarBoard's mentor Odili. Ameachi had to escavate the whole road to get it fixed.
Don't be dull.Where have I backed Odili anywhere?This is supposed to be constructive and insightive argument.Why reduce this to a game of ludo and ayo?
If you don't have anything constructive to say,just do yourself a favour and climb down from Amaechi's rod.
phantom:

Starboard, i am sorry  if i insulted you at any time, i didnt mean it, but please be objective!
Posting pictures of a failed project (monorail) is just uncouth.Not to mention the verbal assault you gave to me,but it's a hazard we face on the internet.
Back to the monorail;I still think that only in Nigeria will a governor embark on such a white-elephant project.You need to castigate him seriously for lack of vision.The main Port Harcourt is crumbling,But Amaechi wants a greater PH so he and his cronies can make money.
I'm tired of being angry at a governor who wants to decieve us by pretending to work.
I'm going to pick my kid.I'm shuddering at the dangerous pot holes I'm going to face.Maybe if I can,I will take pictures and post.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

There is none whatsoever in the context of an exam over 100.Both are regarded failures.
Enough?I don't have a vendetta against Amaechi.I don't know him from a can of paint.So i have no reason to have anything personal against him.
My gripe with him has been highlighted by the fellow who released  the figures on Federation account allocation.If he collects that and is left with muddy,pot-hole infested roads in Port Harcourt,he is a failure.
As per the monorail,it still goes to show my point,which is a distinct LACK OF VISION IN GOVERNANCE:something he has in common with Odili.Odili did nothing;Amaechi is confusing things with the ones he is doing,in a bid to appear smart.
I live in Port Harcourt,have lived here for 4 1/2 years since I was transferred from Abuja at my place of work.I ply Trans Amadi-Nkpogu-Old GRA-Azikiwe axis twice everyday to drop and pick my child to and from school.I don't have to prove that to you or anyone.I do a masters in engineering at Uniport and I ply the NTA road most weekends.I know my way around PH enough to recognise that the roads are in terrible condition.
Fine the roads you listed are better now,but what about maintenance?Does that word exist in Amaechi's dictionary?Isn't Odili Road already developing holes?
What do you have to say about his jet plane?Isn't that lack of vision?What about hosting the sports festival that Rivers didn't need to?Don't be dull.Where have I backed Odili anywhere?This is supposed to be constructive and insightive argument.Why reduce this to a game of ludo and ayo?
If you don't have anything constructive to say,just do yourself a favour and climb down from Amaechi's rod.Posting pictures of a failed project (monorail) is just uncouth.Not to mention the verbal assault you gave to me,but it's a hazard we face on the internet.
Back to the monorail;I still think that only in Nigeria will a governor embark on such a white-elephant project.You need to castigate him seriously for lack of vision.The main Port Harcourt is crumbling,But Amaechi wants a greater PH so he and his cronies can make money.
I'm tired of being angry at a governor who wants to decieve us by pretending to work.
I'm going to pick my kid.I'm shuddering at the dangerous pot holes I'm going to face.Maybe if I can,I will take pictures and post.
you ve lived in PH for 4 and half years so i take it you relocated to PH at the time amaechi became governor, do you have any idea what PH was like before amaechii am not a rivers indigene but i was born in Portharcourt and lived here all my life.Dont you think i have seen govts come and go in this state and as such i should be in a better position to say which govt is failed or not.you ve only lived in PH for about 5years and you are asking how amaechi is better than odili
did you notice that the figures quoted by the other guy were from 1999-2007IF YOU WERE OBJECTIVE YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT.
Yes, the monorail is not necessary when we have multiple bad roads, but dont you think its best to wait till the end of his tenure to see what comes out of it
did amaechi do the peter odili road? i stand to be corrected
why didnt rivers need to host the sports festivalplease enlighten me,
The roads i listed are "better"??dude,are you for real
The old PH is crumbling.Why?dont you think the congested nature of old portharcourt as it is is responsiblehow you fail to see how moving key institutions to the outskirts solves that problem totally beats me.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

Enough?I don't have a vendetta against Amaechi.I don't know him from a can of paint.So i have no reason to have anything personal against him.
What do you have to say about his jet plane?Isn't that lack of vision?What about hosting the sports festival that Rivers didn't need to?Don't be dull.Where have I backed Odili anywhere?This is supposed to be constructive and insightive argument.Why reduce this to a game of ludo and ayo?
If you don't have anything constructive to say,just do yourself a favour and climb down from Amaechi's rod.Posting pictures of a failed project (monorail) is just uncouth.Not to mention the verbal assault you gave to me,but it's a hazard we face on the internet.
you ve lived in PH for 4 and half years so i take it you relocated to PH at the time amaechi became governor, do you have any idea what PH was like before amaechii am not a rivers indigene but i was born in Portharcourt and lived here all my life.Dont you think i have seen govts come and go in this state and as such i should be in a better position to say which govt is failed or not.you ve only lived in PH for about 5years and you are asking how amaechi is better than odili
did you notice that the figures quoted by the other guy were from 1999-2007IF YOU WERE OBJECTIVE YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT.
Yes, the monorail is not necessary when we have multiple bad roads, but dont you think its best to wait till the end of his tenure to see what comes out of it
The old PH is crumbling.Why?dont you think the congested nature of old portharcourt as it is is responsiblehow you fail to see how moving key institutions to the outskirts solves that problem totally beats me.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
Rivers’ll take delivery of new trains soon – Commissioner

The Rivers State government has said that brand new trains will be arriving in the country soon from Switzerland. The trains are for the state’s mass transit project.

Transport Commissioner, Mr. George Tolofari, who made this known, said more rail tracks and other equipment for the state’s multi-billion naira monorail project have arrived Port Harcourt, the state capital. “The trains, which are being built in Switzerland will arrive in Nigeria soon!, he said. The commissioner, who was speaking at Onne Port, while inspecting the equipment, accordingly appealed to those who are skeptical about the mass transit project, to be patient with government.

He said as soon as the facilities were cleared by the customs, they will be transferred to the built warehouse located in Trans-Amadi, the industrial hub of the state in Port Harcourt. Tolofari said part of the delay in the early completion of the monorail project was the heavy rains in the state. The project, which has so far gulped N11bn, according to the commissioner, is to be powered by independent power supply. He claimed that the epileptic power supply from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) will not affect the project, adding that those who feel that the monorail will result in the demolition of their houses have no cause to worry.

“Government has done a survey of the routes and discovered that only few houses will be affected”, the transport commissioner said, pointing out that adequate compensation will be paid for such houses. Governor Chibuike Amaechi, has already given those affected seven days notice to vacate the marked houses before the bulldozers start to roll in to reduce them to rubbles.

The houses are at Azikiwe Road, Port Harcourt. Before now, there have been fears of massive demolition as a result of the monorail project. The fears according to Tolofari, were unfounded. He said the first phase of the project will be completed before December next year. “The arrival of these equipment is evidence that the monorail is not an abandoned project as being touted by some uninformed people”, the commissioner said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/21005.html
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by OCHULORC(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
this is definitely Aadgeorge rd, i know personally know that building,
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
phantom:

Lol.This is shocking.
I'm back from my school run.Luckily my car is still in one piece.
Starting with the figures.
If I averaged those figures,I could easily deduce how much Amaechi has recieved as Governor of rives state from the federation account,
Try being smart.Those figures will give you an idea of how much your governor has squandered/looted.
Which brings me to the Sports festival issue.Apart from just being an avenue to show off,Rivers State benefited ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from hosting that jamboree.Kindly convince me that I am wrong.It's not like it was the first time Rivers was hosting it anyway.Apart from wasting resources,the event was a drain on man hours spent on the roads.What happened to Liberation Stadium that used to host Super Eagles games in 2000-2001?Instead Amaechi decides to build a brand-new stadium in Port Harcourt,for reasons best known to him.And you think it's ok to waste that kind of money.
To Odili road.So because a governor didn't do a road,it shouldn't get involved if it starts to fall apart?Is that a smart enough reponse?
I remember Amaechi trumpeting an operation-zero pothole jargon all over the place.The commissioner for works and his cronies have eaten their money and the project forgotten,but the pot-holes still stare at our cars.Anything to say on that one?
I came in March 2007 around the election period when militants were wrecking havoc in town.So I have an idea of what Port Harcourt was.Prior to that,you would think I dropped from Mars and landed in Port Harcourt,but in your skewed way of thinking,you forgot that Port Harcourt is not a closed enclave:people can visit it anytime.I had been coming to PH at least twice a year since 2002 on trainings and missions.So hold your horses on that one,since you are supposed to be the mayor of PH and you should know who and who lives in it at any given time.
I ask how Amaechi is better than Odili because I still see a visionless,directionless,purposeless and planless government moving in circles with all movement but no motion.
I ask how Amaechi is better than Odili when he decides to borrow a bond and enslave Rivers indegenes for years to come to develop GReater Port Harcourt at the expense of the existing Port Harcourt,after telling us in his usual propagandist style that he saves at least 1billion Naira every month.
I ask how Odili is worse than Amaechi when Amaechi  embarks on futile ventures like monorail project he saw work in the developed world.
I ask how Amaechi is better than Odili when Amaechi refuses initially to pay teachers and medical doctors decent wages but builds world-class facilities to host these same doctors.
I ask how Amaechi is better than Odili when Amaechi commits huge finances (public) at his disposal to ensure he remains governor and intimidates everybody into voting for him.
I rest my case.
BTW,don't be fooled by the Greater Port Harcourt gimmick.Amaechi desperately wants Port Harcourt to look like a city in the developed world,hence the phantom vision of Greater Port Harcourt.This has nothing to do with moving any facility out of congested Port Harcourt.
If he is concerned about the congested nature of the town,his first priority would be to sanitize the town instead of building another town entirely.The emphasis on this new town has led to this bond issue.Port Harcourt isn't more crowded than Lagos,but Fashola isn't talking about a new Lagos.Same as cities like Ibadan and Kano which have significantly higher population densities.
But you'll say I'm not objective,which happens to be your only line of defense against me.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2011
Amechi rushed into projects without planning.
Initially he was shouting that he was saving money for the state, right now, he is borrowing huge amounts of money.
The latest is N100B with 8% annual interest.

Those of us that live in PH are suffering because our Governor does not know anything about leadership, but he is a politician, the type Nigeria produces.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
phantom:

Rivers’ll take delivery of new trains soon – Commissioner

The Rivers State government has said that brand new trains will be arriving in the country soon from Switzerland. The trains are for the state’s mass transit project.

Transport Commissioner, Mr. George Tolofari, who made this known, said more rail tracks and other equipment for the state’s multi-billion naira monorail project have arrived Port Harcourt, the state capital. “The trains, which are being built in Switzerland will arrive in Nigeria soon!, he said. The commissioner, who was speaking at Onne Port, while inspecting the equipment, accordingly appealed to those who are skeptical about the mass transit project, to be patient with government.

He said as soon as the facilities were cleared by the customs, they will be transferred to the built warehouse located in Trans-Amadi, the industrial hub of the state in Port Harcourt. Tolofari said part of the delay in the early completion of the monorail project was the heavy rains in the state. The project, which has so far gulped N11bn, according to the commissioner, is to be powered by independent power supply. He claimed that the epileptic power supply from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) will not affect the project, adding that those who feel that the monorail will result in the demolition of their houses have no cause to worry.

“Government has done a survey of the routes and discovered that only few houses will be affected”, the transport commissioner said, pointing out that adequate compensation will be paid for such houses. Governor Chibuike Amaechi, has already given those affected seven days notice to vacate the marked houses before the bulldozers start to roll in to reduce them to rubbles.

The houses are at Azikiwe Road, Port Harcourt. Before now, there have been fears of massive demolition as a result of the monorail project. The fears according to Tolofari, were unfounded. He said the first phase of the project will be completed before December next year. “The arrival of these equipment is evidence that the monorail is not an abandoned project as being touted by some uninformed people”, the commissioner said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/21005.html
So if anyone from Amaechi's government tells you he will reproduce Jesus Christ,you'll believe him abi?
The Commisioner says soon.How soon is soon?No exact time frame,and you rush to post this weak thing.
Still what I'm saying about this government.
More hood-winking and propaganda.And grown folks like you keep falling for their lies.
Till I see it,before i believe it.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
@phantom,
Come to think of it,why are you trying to absolve Amaechi from Odili?
Wasn't Amaechi an integral part of the maladministration by Odili?
Now he is a saint in your eyes because he fell out politically with Odili?
Your argument holds no base,abeg.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by EkoIle1: 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
And this is the richest state in Nigeria with just 5 million people? Might as well be the poorest state in Nigeria.

This is really sad.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

And this is the richest state in Nigeria with just 5 million people? Might as well be the poorest state in Nigeria.

This is really sad.
5 million people who can't taste a benefit of being in the state dripping with oil.
Yet ordinary roads to pass,e nor day.Instead we have a governor who is concerned with propaganda.Yet he had a hand in how Rivers is today.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

@phantom,
Come to think of it,why are you trying to absolve Amaechi from Odili?
Wasn't Amaechi an integral part of the maladministration by Odili?
Now he is a saint in your eyes because he fell out politically with Odili?
Your argument holds no base,abeg.
No repsonse from you. . .
Can you please speak up. . .I can't hear you. . .phantom and fokativ. . .
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^ Your name calling is putting me off, I hate when supposedly learned people are not able to drive home their points without insults and abuses.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by EkoIle1: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

5 million people who can't taste a benefit of being in the state dripping with oil.
Yet ordinary roads to pass,e nor day.Instead we have a governor who is concerned with propaganda.Yet he had a hand in how Rivers is today.

You really can not worry too much about people running and succumbing to propaganda, ethnic and tribal interests trumps common sense and objectivity.

With so much money/Largest state budget in Nigeria and little responsibilities in terms of population and demand, this state should be looking like Dubai of Nigeria or at least on it's way, but instead, you can not differentiate this state from the poorest state in Nigeria. Nothing ground breaking, nothing visionary, just missed opportunities and the largest budget in Nigeria going down the drain and unaccounted for.

Well, at least the governor is blessed with his own tax payers funded plane to jet around in and he must not be subjected to the same hardship on the ground that the same tax payers endure everyday.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Abiboy09: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2011
Someone should get me Hook and Net I wanna fish grin
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

^^^ Your name calling is putting me off, I hate when supposedly learned people are not able to drive home their points without insults and abuses.
If you don't have anything to say,be quiet.
You only resort to lame responses like these when you have no concrete defence.
I'm still asking you;how can you manage to divorce Odili from Amaechi?Still awaiting your repsonse.
Eko Ile:

You really can not worry too much about people running and succumbing to propaganda, ethnic and tribal interests trumps common sense and objectivity.

With so much money/Largest state budget in Nigeria and little responsibilities in terms of population and demand, this state should be looking like Dubai of Nigeria or at least on it's way, but instead, you can not differentiate this state from the poorest state in Nigeria. Nothing ground breaking, nothing visionary, just missed opportunities and the largest budget in Nigeria going down the drain and unaccounted for.

Well, at least the governor is blessed with his own tax payers funded plane to jet around in and he must not be subjected to the same hardship on the ground that the same tax payers endure everyday.
What I find shocking is that people are supposedly intelligent enough to make their minds up for themselves.Yet they choose to fall victim to propaganda
The embolded is so on point.This government/administration is so bent on propaganda,but there remains little to show for it.
As for the airplane,I still want these defenders of amaechi to put up some kind of defence.
Then we'll know how people-oriented he is.
He secured a bond to build a new town after telling us he saves 1 million Naira every month but the roads in the existing town are hardly passable and cause users so much heart-ache and harrowing pains.
He is an abject failure in every sense of the word,given the resources at his disposal.
The state of roads only serve to highlight his planlessness/lack of vision.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by niviso: 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
Rivers money for Rivers people not a bad idea at all. The pain is what those who got the jobs did with the monies they were paid.
It is simple:
1. Lack of project planning on the part of the contractors
2. Lack of foresight
3. Lack of Project Management skills

Who says they would not have built world class construction firms from what they were paid?
Who says with the right strategy they will not be basking on more jobs for the successes recorded.
It is all about vision and the initiative to succeed against all odds.

May be they got the money and they went to "sleep".

Imagine that the executives of such firms took the time to hire the best hands, as most successful business executives do, while not experts in the field themselves they hire the best heads and hands, get the best equipments and delivery is on target. They should have learned from the likes of Bill Gates he will always get the best heads for his projects.
It is an issue of Project Management considering the 9 Project Management body of knowledge and living it out in the course of a project.

Time to develop our people for the future and with the potentials for growth.

Lets support and Groom Firms to meet our aspiration.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by nasoeb: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
please i am searching for that Tinubu DIICK SUCKER.

Anybody know who he is?

please tell him somebody wants to massage em prick.

i think his name is EK

if i call Eko [/b]then you call [b]Ile, na you sabi
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by sweettweet: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2011
These pics are real.
The second and third roads lead to Jaros Base in PH.
The truth has to be told.
i do not see any reason y amaechi wont re-construct these roads with the FG allocation and other allocation at his disposal.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by oscartawn1: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2011
Roads in PH are in a mess. Government is waiting for the rains to stop before they'd start work. My question is:
Is this the first time we are experiencing rains in Port Harcourt? Is this the first raining season? Are we shocked that it rains from April to September/October annually in this state? How come all over Port HArcourt, people are crying, lamenting and raining courses on the government?
I think the current administration has been misguided on this instance.
You don't have to wait for the roads to cut into two and become un-motorable before you swing into action.
I believe that if PH is divided into 3 or 4 zones and 3 or 4 contractors (even tested indigenous ones) are awarded a running contract for say 2/3 years simuultanously to ensure there are no pot holes exceeding a specified diameter/section, the state of the roads would never have come to what it is now.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by uhuns: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
En guys

Am sure that some guys are from "educationally disadvantage states here------from their write ups," I guess we should learn to deal with the message only.

The issue here is that most people in ph are not seeing the difference in governance between this administration and the last. Considering the following:

1. Yearly budget of 400billion compared to Edo state of 70bn and which has a bigger occupied land mass
2. Conditions of road having spent 3yrs in office
3. Ph and rains are brothers ( ie the lame excuses)
4. Maintainace of old road, const. of new one, reconstruction of old one-------planning/ prioritization
5. School project over sized------should have phased this. 30-----30------------40%
6. Mono rail project -------moved till 2040
7. Bottom line don’t see any major changes. Though am not expecting any
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by shongoP: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2011
, then,why the complain?
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by otokx(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
The most baffling thing is their complain of rain in the disturbance of the road project yet during the dry season not much headway is made then the next raining season starts. There should be a time frame for the completion of all these projects; take the uniport - rumuokwuta road - ongoing for the past 7 years still not fully complete and the one that is a bit complete is getting bad already.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by franko2: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
Fokativ

I admire your defence of Amaechi. Last time i was in PH, i could tell Amaechi had the best of intentions just like u said. One major problem is that our standard in Naija has crashed to minus 20 level. So, in the land of poor town planners and civil engineering designers, the few around will obviously have nothing special to show for all the money they are paid.

Amaechi and others like him (including Fashola) were given only 4 - 8 years to fix a problem that has existed since Naija people started to construct their own roads (WITHOUT AN INTEGRATED DRAINAGE SYSTEM)  so, am not surprised it packs up after 2 years max!

The DRAINAGE SYSTEM in PH as a whole has to be RE-DESIGNED, BEFORE any serious effort is made to BUILD major ROADS, else. more iwayi go enter grand!!!  lol
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posts like these give me joy and hope that some people actually think with their heads instead of following blindly.
Or is the poster "not objective"?
uhuns:

En guys

Am sure that some guys are from "educationally disadvantage states here------from their write ups," I guess we should learn to deal with the message only.
The issue here is that most people in ph are not seeing the difference in governance between this administration and the last. Considering the following:
1. Yearly budget of 400billion compared to Edo state of 70bn and which has a bigger occupied land mass
2. Conditions of road having spent 3yrs in office
3. Ph and rains are brothers ( ie the lame excuses)
4. Maintainace of old road, const. of new one, reconstruction of old one-------planning/ prioritization
5. School project over sized------should have phased this. 30-----30------------40%
6. Mono rail project -------moved till 2040
7. Bottom line don’t see any major changes. Though am not expecting any

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by niviso: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
There seem to be a serious problem here. I may be wrong though.
The Elekahia, Stadium, Rumumasi some parts of Trans Amadi axis have become beautiful sites to behold. The flooding that ravaged those areas has eased off. I remember a friend relocated from Stadium road area because of the flooding there. Today its a different story. Its all joy within that neigbourhood. But, But the Ada George by Iwofe road axis is a very sorry sight.
While MCC keeps working along Stadium road axis, even under the rain, the company handling the job at the Ada george axis are sleeping as it were.
What is the problem?
Have they not been paid?
They should be made to do the job thay have been paid for. Unless there is "something else".
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by bigx(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2012
Its almost June, and the roads are even worse.
I stay around there and I'm considering abandoning my house to get a place somewhere else.
Earlier this week a tanker fell in the bad road, same thing happened last week.
Its terrible honestly, I might take pictures when I go out today. Iwofe road, Elioparanwo road, two neighbouring hazards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About The Legendary ALABUKUN POWDER And Its Maker / Abia Deputy Governor, Ude Oko Joins Governorship Race / 5000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.