Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) (11214 Views)

List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mansmith(m): 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2011
no be same thing in port harcourt,getting to work and coming back home is now a nightmare the Gov does not give a dam,instead,he is busy collecting loans for what ever it is he is using the money for,All major roads in ph are bad this one na small.come to okoro road,emenike st,oyigbo and even the almighty aba road same thing.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mbulela: 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Rhino5dm: 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
Good point! so, for how long shall the road be under construction?  L

Henry120:

@poster, would it hurt you to say this road is under-construction, And all the major roads are also under-construction, you started this thread, so as to spite governor ameachi. Pls tell them, that this road is a 30km road spanning from mile 3 to ada-george junction at mgbouba. And it is UNDER- COUNSTRUCTION!!!!!
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by publisher(m): 10:55pm On Sep 20, 2011
When some of you psychos on NL throw out garbage from moving vehicles or dump them on street corners una no know say e go block drainage? Besides whats wrong with some nigerians? I have seen worst flood pictures from American,European and Chinese cities. Are we so cursed that whenever anything negative happens in our country,we elevate it and turn it into an abomination of some sorts,forgetting the fact that it can happen anywhere?
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2011
jason123:

Is that the point of the thread?? What has Lagos got to do with PH If something is bad, it needs correction not comparison.

I know where the Op is heading to, so am reminding him about lagos, last time i visited, my Jeep fell into a ditch that even on 4 tires running, i could not get out, i wonder if to call that a road or a moat
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Rhino5dm: 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
man smith:

no be same thing in port harcourt,getting to work and coming back home is now a nightmare the Gov does not give a dam,instead,he is busy collecting loans for what ever it is he is using the money for,All major roads in ph are bad this one na small.come to okoro road,emenike st,oyigbo and even the almighty aba road same thing.

Mr Loveking. Take out your gun and shoot this one^^^ for speaking the obvious.

LoveKing:

@Rhino

this is a very biased topic. ediot you call rivers state the home of red mud?
i can see what you want to achieve from the beginning, you are not bringing real issues to the fore. well, i guess thats what nairaland is for, busy body nonsense talks.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lmao @ home of red mud.abeg make amaechi provide speedboats for port harcourt sons sharp sharp.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Rhino5dm: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
So tell us who the OP is forrking right NOW. Nonsense!

odiaero:

I know where the Op is heading to, so am reminding him about lagos, last time i visited, my Jeep fell into a ditch that even on 4 tires running, i could not get out, i wonder if to call that a road or a moat
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mbulela: 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
man smith:

you forgot Eneka road.
Residents of Woji are still wondering when the gulley by Assemblies of God church will be attended to.
the gulley has been getting bigger for the past 2 years.

i hope that rumuogba road edge of Artillery junction has not been given to an indigene to fix?
this is corruption by different names.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mansmith(m): 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
Mr Love King,this is real,I live and work in Port Harcourt,Our Gov has taken us back to 1800s where people do a lot of  cameling. it is a daily routine to spend hours in traffic in port harcourt caused by bad road.Even as we speak,people are still trapped or walking home along aba road.this is no joke
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mansmith(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
The Eneka axis is a no go area,if u take ur car there,sorry,u will have tales to tell.people living in okporo no longer use the main entrance, in fact taxis now stop by agip estate the u walk to aba road or the reverse if u are coming into okporo.The problem is that the govt is not interested in fixing the roads.Last week the commissioner of works Mr Giadon was on air to say that we should bear with them that the government asked the contractors not to fix the roads till the end of the rains i.e in 60 days time.He said roads fixed during the rains are more likely to collapse.But if u live in port harcourt,u will know that the rains no deh stop for here.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mbulela: 11:33pm On Sep 20, 2011
Henry120:

@poster, would it hurt you to say this road is under-construction,  And all the major roads are also under-construction, you started this thread, so as to spite governor ameachi. Pls tell them, that this road is a 30km road spanning from mile 3 to ada-george junction at mgbouba. And it is UNDER- COUNSTRUCTION!!!!!
that is part of my problem.we are tortured for months while the roads are under construction, at the end we are presented with sub standard roads that collapse after a few months.
i guess it enables another contract to be awarded,probably to the same indigene.
sounds like a case of repeating the class after you fail.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by RickyRoss1(m): 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
TRUTH IS MANY ROADS IN PHC ARE IN VERY BAD SHAPE. BUT THESE ROADS ARE ALL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. AMAECHI GIVES MUCH OF THE CONTRACTS TO HIS RIVERS MEN AND THESE PEOPLE ARE NO GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO ROAD CONSTRUCTION.  I CAN MENTION MANY ROADS THEY CONSTRUCTED LAST YEAR WHICH IS IMPASSABLE AT THIS TIME, THIS IS NOT JUST A RIVERS PROBLEM, IT HAPPENS ALL OVER NIGERIA.  THE ROADS IN PHC IS BY FAR BETTER THAN LAGOS ROADS. THE DIFFERENCE IS EVERY BAD ROAD IN PHC IS UNDERSTAND CONSTRUCTION, BUT LAGOS ROADS ARE A NIGHT MARE,

FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW,  AMECHI IS BY FAR BETTER THAN THE THIEF CALLED PETER ODILI. AMAECHI HAS BUILT THE BEST AND MOST EQUIPPED PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA. HE IS ALSO DOING WONDERS IN THE HEALTH SECTOR, EVERY TOWN HERE IN PHC HAS A STANDARD HEALTH CENTER PLUS THE WORLD CLASS HOSPITAL IN PARTNERSHIP WITH A CANADIAN COMPANY. THE GAMES VILLAGE IN PHC IS SECOND TO NONE IN NIGERIA, I WAS THERE DURING THE RECENTLY CONCLUDED ALL NIGERIAN GAMES, THE PLACE IS LESS THAN 15 MINUTES DRIVE FROM MY HOUSE,

SECURITY SITUATION IS VERY OK NOW THAN BEFORE, WE GO OUT IN THE NIGHT WITHOUT FEAR,

IN SUMMERY, AMAECHI NEEDS TO ENGAGE ONLY REPUTABLE CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES, AND THIS SAME ADVISE GOES TO ALL STATE GOVERNORS,
AMAECHI HAS BUILT MORE ROADS THAN ANY OTHER STATE GOVERNOR IN RIVERS STATE,  AMAECHI IS BUILDING A WORLD CLASS CITY FROM SCRATCH, THE GREATER PORT HARCOURT MEGA CITY. COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, DONT BE FOOLED WITH WHAT U READ ON THE INTERNET,
RIVERS STATE IS VERY RICH SO AMAECHI SHOULD DO MORE, PERIOD
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by mallorca(m): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
Amechi is working/Loooting, Port Harcourt is flooding, time will tell
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by stagger: 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2011
Rivers money for rivers people. That is the result!
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by hardywaltz(m): 12:06am On Sep 21, 2011
@ OP; a little Objectivity will do u good, since u posed as a journalist try giving balanced report; this so called roads are all under construction and if its Ada George road u snapped the contractor has finished his sub surface drains and center medians; they are currently waiting for the rains to subside b4 d can commence earthworks; pls try to stop spreading false hood; PH and BY have very difficult terrains coz it rains @ least 9 months a year and no meaningful work can be carried out for @ least 6months when the rain is @ its peak. The Governor has issued a stop work order on all road contractors till November due to incessant application for variations.
I'm not a fan of Ameachi coz I think he's wasteful just like every other Governor (including Niaraland's almighty Fashola) but let's be objective. PS: NTA Road and Rumuola Road also passed throu dis same phase but now all dat is history.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by samphilo(m): 12:10am On Sep 21, 2011
rivers state is bleeped,
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Rhino5dm: 12:21am On Sep 21, 2011
I dont know how you came to that conclusion about my objection. However, you can do better by telling us the "true"state of roads in Rivers.
Thank you

hardywaltz:

@ OP; a little Objectivity will do u good, since u posed as a journalist try giving balanced report; this so called roads are all under construction and if its Ada George road u snapped the contractor has finished his sub surface drains and center medians; they are currently waiting for the rains to subside b4 d can commence earthworks; pls try to stop spreading false hood; PH and BY have very difficult terrains coz it rains @ least 9 months a year and no meaningful work can be carried out for @ least 6months when the rain is @ its peak. The Governor has issued a stop work order on all road contractors till November due to incessant application for variations.
I'm not a fan of Ameachi coz I think he's wasteful just like every other Governor (including Niaraland's almighty Fashola) but let's be objective. PS: NTA Road and Rumuola Road also passed throu dis same phase but now all dat is history.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Johndoe100(m): 4:36am On Sep 21, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I dont know how you came to that conclusion about my objection. However, you can do better by telling us the "true"state of roads in Rivers.
Thank you

The true state of the roads in PH is that they are under construction, the work is ongoing as you well know. You and the people who put this on the front page have an agenda it seems.

Your well known dislike of we the Rivers people is well known, however I think you envy us.

stagger:

Rivers money for rivers people. That is the result!

You mean the work in progress? I fully support the policy.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by MP007(m): 4:44am On Sep 21, 2011
lets face reality here.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by nasoeb: 5:39am On Sep 21, 2011
Shame on you Poster

Till thy kingdom Come, you can never compare lagos to PHC, despite its status as a former capital which gave it all it has.

PHC is and will continue beating lagos HANDS DOWN

You have been put to shame by every testimonies here.

come to PHC and see what lagos hasn't and will never have

SHAME ON YOU ALL (think sey lagos na PHC mate)
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by EkoIle1: 5:48am On Sep 21, 2011
nasoeb:

Shame on you Poster

Till thy kingdom Come, you can never compare lagos to PHC, despite its status as a former capital which gave it all it has.

Abeg list all the things wey PHC get wey Lagos no get, abeg please.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by EkoIle1: 5:50am On Sep 21, 2011
Johndoe100:

The true state of the roads in PH is that they are under construction, the work is ongoing as you well know. You and the people who put this on the front page have an agenda it seems.

Your well known dislike of we the Rivers people is well known, however I think you envy us.

You mean the work in progress? I fully support the policy.

You know the roads are under construction because na you award the contracts right?

The roads are under construction, but no road construction tools or machinery in sight, no construction workers, not even a single shovel in sight,

How pathetic.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by YoAdek333(m): 6:15am On Sep 21, 2011
Like most of Nigeria no governance just elected and ministry thieves! I am sure multiple contracts have been awarded for these roads for the past 30 years and this is what we have to show for those inflated contracts.

I guess the people that benefited from the contracts can buy jeeps to reach their mansions located in front of this eyesore. Most elected officials should hang their head in shame.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by CyberG: 6:25am On Sep 21, 2011
LOL. . .FUNNIEST thing is that some Nigerians WILL defend anything even if it is KILLING THEM! Please continue. . .those roads are straight express to wherever and the government is the best that exists in the world! I don't see anything wrong with those roads at all. . .some people are so unfortunate to have annoyingly well-tarred roads leading into their freaking backyards yet they are NOT happy with this one? tongue tongue

Well, in all seriousness, enjoy the roads, no complaints at all from me if the people who swim across the roads love it! For your information, I can drive at 50 kmph on the roads in front of my house (which is over the speed limit), the roads are NOT even perfect comparing with other roads but it is WAY better than the roads in PH, Lagos-Ibada, Benin-Ore and guess what, it is fixed every now and again! Well, suffer-head fits you guys over there, please enjoy it! grin grin
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by itiswell1(m): 6:44am On Sep 21, 2011
CyberG:

LOL. . .FUNNIEST thing is that some Nigerians WILL defend anything even if it is KILLING THEM! Please continue. . .those roads are straight express to wherever and the government is the best that exists in the world! I don't see anything wrong with those roads at all. . .some people are so unfortunate to have annoyingly well-tarred roads leading into their freaking backyards yet they are NOT happy with this one? tongue tongue

Well, in all seriousness, enjoy the roads, no complaints at all from me if the people who swim across the roads love it! For your information, I can drive at 50 kmph on the roads in front of my house (which is over the speed limit), the roads are NOT even perfect comparing with other roads but it is WAY better than the roads in PH, Lagos-Ibada, Benin-Ore and guess what, it is fixed every now and again! Well, suffer-head fits you guys over there, please enjoy it! grin grin

Gbam
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by sayso: 7:14am On Sep 21, 2011
I will add my own picture.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by sayso: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2011
Bereton,off Okporo road.

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by sayso: 7:29am On Sep 21, 2011
another.

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by sayso: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2011
another.

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by sayso: 7:33am On Sep 21, 2011
last one.

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Rhino5dm: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2011
The jokes is on you to prove otherwise.
I don't know why people get angry when a spade is called a spade. Even if the roads are under construction, the onus is on you to prove it.

Only the devil will not want to identify himself with predicament those people. The situation is critical!

. . .The only respond i expect from you clowns is to post a contrary picture or contract document detailing the scope of work, not some trash.

I gladly awaits your proof. [size=16pt]BTW I support and still support Amaechi, so keep your sanctimonious rants to your self![/size]Remember this is [size=13pt]INTERNET[/size]

nasoeb:

Shame on you Poster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) / There Should Be No Sacred Cows In Anti-graft War – Dogara / South West Will Shock Buhari On February 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.