Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) (11213 Views)

List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Abagworo(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2011
hardywaltz:

PH and BY have very difficult terrains coz it rains @ least 9 months a year and no meaningful work can be carried out for @ least 6months when the rain is @ its peak. The Governor has issued a stop work order on all road contractors till November due to incessant application for variations.

Guy stop this falsehood .PH and Bayelsa have nothing in common.Ph is dryland while Bayelsa is wetland.The cause of the problem is that Rivers State Government made a strategic mistake of trying to fix several roads at the same time which has led to a complete failure.I pity Amaechi because he had good intentions but was a jack of all trade.He will complete Olu Obasanjo,Airforce-Rukpowu and NTA-Choba this dry season.Iwofe and Ada George will suffer for one more year.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2011
Please tell nut-less a$$-lickers like phantom who kneel in front of Gov. Amaechi and wait for him to e.jac/ulate in their mouths every morning.
WE haven't seen places like Trans Amadi axis,NTA Choba road and Old GRA road. among others.
Yet phantom will come and show us pictures of a stupid monorail project that Amaechi will never be able finish in the rest of his tenure and say he is working,while we don't have passable roads.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by hardywaltz(m): 8:17am On Sep 21, 2011
Niaraland sure is a place to get misinformed; I don't have the energy to start snapping roads afterall nobody is gonna pay me, but the truth remains dat the road in question. ( Ada george ) under construction and the difficult part of the work has been completed (sub surface drain); the contractor Gitto applied for variation when the state government asked them to make the road motorable for the meantime while they await dry season to commence their earthworks necessitating the state government stop work order issued to all contractors; if u wanted to balance ur report u should have also snapped Oginibga Road; Elekahia Road; Staduim Road; Olu-Obasanjo Road; Old Aba Road; Azikikwe-Station-Creek road;Rumola Road  etc so we know u were been fair in ur report. Al this roads I mention also went througjh this phase (with the masses crying blue murder) but like I said earlier nobody remembers all dat now the roads are complete. If u had mentioned Ameachi's wastefulness I would definitely support u but; telling lies, Forget it.
Please my fellow NLders its tym we start saying the truth not just rushing to discredit any thing we see just to increase the number of post we have on NL
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2011
The only mistake Amaechi did was to have awarded most of the roads under construction to indigineous contractors (Riverst money for Rivers people). He backtracked on that policy when he noticed its woeful failure as the contractors were merely subletting the contracts and at the end of the day, we had low-quality of jobs delivered. He also awarded some to his political friends like the Old Aba stretching from Firstbank thru Shell main gate. woji junction down to 2nd Artillery junction -Orji Uzor Kalu's ZEROCK Construction Company did a shabby job on that road and I can say whatever money spent on it was a colossal waste.

Some are really up to world standard like Rumuobiakani roundabout -  Slaughter at Trans Amadi, Rumuomasi - Oginigba junction, Airforce base -Eliozu road (60% completed), Ikwerre road, Stadium road, Rumuola-Rumuokwuta, etc.

Okporo road, Ada George are bad though under construction but they should at least be made motorable pending the commencement of real construction work.

Amaechi should reactivate operation "zero pot-hole"

If the real thief (Peter Oleburuku Odili) had done 1/10 of what Ameachi has done so far, Rivers State would have been competing with Abuja in terms of social Amenities.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^^
Stop praising mediocrity.
Amaechi has no vision for governance.
He wants a Greater Port Harcourt when the present one is crying for attention.The roads are a nightmare.Simple
He now wants a private jet.And we think he is better than Odili.
SMH.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by hardywaltz(m): 8:33am On Sep 21, 2011
@  Abagworo; yes Ameachi's greatest problem is lack of priorities; my greatest issue with him is the amount of money been spent on dat failed project monorail and yet he is looking for money to complete all the roads he started; but PH is a very difficult terrain; I'm into civil works and believe me the cost I incur just to pull out heavy machineries that sink into the mud. In places where u feel have stable soil on mere eye observation is staggering. While in a place like Enugu we don't encounter such issues
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Rhino5dm: 8:36am On Sep 21, 2011
I dont think this an avenue to launch attack on Amaechi, as i ealier said.
The guy is doing alot of good things in different aspect. . .take health,education.

StarBoard:

^^^^
He wants a Greater Port Harcourt when the present one is crying for attention.The roads are a nightmare.Simple
SMH.

Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

^^^^
SMH.

This is the height of biased reporting
No basis for comparing Odili with Amaechi so no basis for any baseless argument. The facts are there for all to see.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The guy is doing alot of good things in different aspect. . .take health,education.

You can't blame me if I feel this way.
I spend productive hours in hold ups caused by bad roads.
Knowing that simple management/maintenace and better supervision could have averted this mess where all the roads are going bad makes it worse.
You talk of good things in health,but as a non-indegen of Rivers,I can't hope to get services when I need them.I am a victim of this discrimination at the maxilo-facial dental clinic at Garrison.I was denied quick attention even though I got there earlier than most people all because I am not an indegene.
Tell me how I'm supposed to be clapping for him when I feel like a second-class citizen yet when I get a chance to go to my place of work,I cannot do so on time  because of gullies and pot-holes.
I personally am not impressed.I said he  has no vision.If not why on earth do we need a monorail project in Port Harcourt?Can you explain?This mono rail project causes abyssmal traffic on Azikiwe Road.Yet we are not certain it will be completed before his tenure ends in 2015.How then am I attacking me when I am bearing the brunt of his ineffectiveness?
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Demdem(m): 8:57am On Sep 21, 2011
I am a resident here in PH and to be honest Ameachi's first term in Rivers was wonderful. So far, i havent seen anything much after the elections. I keep on hearing the rains this and that. Hopefully, the rains will stop for some time for work to commence.
Secondly, what is the LG's doing especially Obio-Akpor? i only see them extorting motorists, market women etc. these offices are well-funded and they all should use these resources for the benefit of all inhabitants.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by simplygray(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2011
this a road in port Harcourt, i recognise it, cos i stay dere, its very bad cry cry cry cry wen i remeba d condition of port Harcourt roads, and the east west road also, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT DAT ROAD. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

This is the height of biased reporting
No basis for comparing Odili with Amaechi so no basis for any baseless argument. The facts are there for all to see.
Get off Amaechi's d/ick,jare.Must you lick a$$ everytime?
Try thinking for yourself instead of praise-singing.The way your mouth is up his Bottom,I'm sure you can know what he has on his mind.
Amaechi has no vision on governance apart from making Port Harcourt into London.Odili had no vision on governance.That's why they are no different.
Can you justify the jet that Amaechi desperately wants as being people-oriented?
If Amaechi knows what he is doing, why would all major roads in Port Harcourt have issues at around the same time and a so-called governor is asking you to wait till the rains are over before he does any work on the roads.The same story we've been hearing each rainy season after the other.
All he does is talk and run his mouth in the media because of a moderately succesful first term.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by nasoeb: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2011
please i am searching for that Tinubu DIICK SUCKER.

Anybody know who he is?

please tell him somebody wants to massage em prick.

i think his name is EK, Something
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

You talk of good things in health,but as a non-indegen of Rivers,I can't hope to get services when I need them.I am a victim of this discrimination at the maxilo-facial dental clinic at Garrison.I was denied quick attention even though I got there earlier than most people all because I am not an indegene.
te]

Now I get your frustration. But I'm not an indigene either so don't rub your frustration on me tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You can try Prime Medicals, try going thru Cocaine Estate end of Aba Express so you don't blame me for wrecking your car on Okporo road. Just a suggestion though grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

te]

Now I get your frustration. But I'm not an indigene either so don't rub your frustration on me tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You can try Prime Medicals, try going thru Cocaine Estate end of Aba Express so you don't blame me for wrecking your car on Okporo road. Just a suggestion though grin grin grin grin grin grin
My point exactly.
If I can't get access to the Healthcare they trumpet,why should I sing it's praises?Why should I go to Prime Medicals and wreck my car on Amaechi's bad roads?
Still waiting to know how Amaechi is better than Odili
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by simplygray(m): 10:11am On Sep 21, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

People's cars are gettin bad everyday there u r rantin nonsense, wake up brother
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by naijadove: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2011
the number of retarded souls on this nairaland is alarming. a person posts a comment/compliant or whatever to aid change and the way out is to attack the person and make silly comparisons.
If lagos roads are bad, does it justify why port harcourt roads should be bad.
I keep wondering why people keep comparing lagos to phc. lagos is a state for christ sake while phc is just a capital of 'rivers' state. ( that is phc is equivalent to ikeja.
if a little city like port harcourt has so many terrible roads then what is left in the city.
the picture of the terrible road uploaded is ada george road and it is a major road in the city. it is not just one bad road, we can go on, there is the industrial road in township area, east-west road (eleme - eliozu axis) is horrible, elelenwo road, iwofe road and the list can go on.
we have large pot holes in the so called "good roads'. phc is a small over crowded city with poor road networks, the smallest pothole will cause a traffic.
there is nothing wrong speaking up to create awareness, i 'may' speed up work. healthy criticisms are to make people better not to put people on the defensive.
if someone talks about bad roads, it doesn't mean he is not loyal to the government, he/she wants the government to be better, rather the idiot that is defending wants the government to keep failing its people.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Kx: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2011
Lagos roads are not the worsts after all!
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by nasoeb: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2011
@ kx

dont talk about that lagos road are the worst.

i am from lagos state and have been to Rivers State. Rivers Road is better than what we have here.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

My point exactly.
Still waiting to know how Amaechi is better than Odili

I still disagree with you here. Amaechi may not be doing enough at the moment (compared to his 1st term) but Odili did nothing for 8yrs. In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

I still disagree with you here. Amaechi may not be doing enough at the moment (compared to his 1st term) but Odili did nothing for 8yrs. In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king.
Mediocrity in the emboldened.
That's why we won't move forward.
Odili did nothing,but Amaechi did things haphazardly and is considered better.
So let me ask you,because I want to assume you went to a university/higher institution of learning.
If two students sat for an exam and one gets 25 and the other gets 35,both out of 100,who is better?
Awaiting your answer. . .
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2011
naija-dove:

the number of slow souls on this nairaland is alarming. a person posts a comment/compliant or whatever to aid change and the way out is to attack the person and make silly comparisons.
If lagos roads are bad, does it justify why port harcourt roads should be bad.
I keep wondering why people keep comparing lagos to phc. lagos is a state for christ sake while phc is just a capital of 'rivers' state. ( that is phc is equivalent to ikeja.
if a little city like port harcourt has so many terrible roads then what is left in the city.
the picture of the terrible road uploaded is ada george road and it is a major road in the city. it is not just one bad road, we can go on, there is the industrial road in township area, east-west road (eleme - eliozu axis) is horrible, elelenwo road, iwofe road and the list can go on.
we have large pot holes in the so called "good roads'. phc is a small over crowded city with poor road networks, the smallest pothole will cause a traffic.
there is nothing wrong speaking up to create awareness, i 'may' speed up work. healthy criticisms are to make people better not to put people on the defensive.
if someone talks about bad roads, it doesn't mean he is not loyal to the government, he/she wants the government to be better, rather the that is defending wants the government to keep failing its people.
Nice,introspective post there.People amaze me by the kind of responses they put out.
There is this mo.ron called phantom who says Amaechi is God's gift to nature.He started a thread on Amaechi's achievements.
When you try to debate with him,he gives you the impression that he shouldn't be in the company of human beings by his zoo-ish responses.I am just waiting for his snail-paced brain to come here and defend his mentor whose d/ick he sucks everyday. . .
T
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Demdem(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2011
nasoeb:

@ kx

dont talk about that lagos road are the worst.

i am from lagos state and have been to Rivers State. Rivers Road is better than what we have here.

This is annoying. Either lagos or PH, all bad roads must be done. Period.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

Mediocrity in the emboldened.
That's why we won't move forward.
Odili did nothing,but Amaechi did things haphazardly and is considered better.
So let me ask you,because I want to assume you went to a university/higher institution of learning.
If two students sat for an exam and one gets 25 and the other gets 35,both out of 100,who is better?
Awaiting your answer. . .

35 is sure better than 25 though both are failures.  So, if you have to make a choice between the two I'm sure you will go for 35 (not making a choice at all is not an option).
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

Nice,introspective post there.People amaze me by the kind of responses they put out.
There is this mo.ron called phantom who says Amaechi is God's gift to nature.He started a thread on Amaechi's achievements.
When you try to debate with him,he gives you the impression that he shouldn't be in the company of human beings by his zoo-ish responses.I am just waiting for his snail-paced brain to come here and defend his mentor whose d/ick he sucks everyday. . .
T
my man grow up, if the poster was objective, why im no snap the parts of adageorge wey dem dey construct grin grin, it wouldnt have done the poster bad to note that that same road is UNDER CONSTRUCTION,
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
Fokativ:

35 is sure better than 25 though both are failures.  So, if you have to make a choice between the two I'm sure you will go for 35 (not making a choice at all is not an option).
I rest my case.
You cannot glorify one failure in the light of another.Simple.If both are failures,there's no way one would be better than the other or I would go with the percieved failure who is better.
There are standards,and Amaechi falls way below them,nevermind whatever mirage he has been decieving us with.No need comparing him with Odili,because to me they are both failures in government.
phantom:

my man grow up, if the poster was objective, why im no snap the parts of adageorge wey dem dey construct grin grin, it wouldnt have done the poster bad to note that that same road is UNDER CONSTRUCTION,
Look who's talking about growing up.
You obviously don't have a cause to hurl insults at people on this matter,that's why you're imploring me to grow up.
So you've taken your lips off Amaechi's d/ick?
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

You cannot glorify one failure in the light of another.Simple.If both are failures,there's no way one would be better than the other or I would go with the percieved failure who is better.

I repeat: Not making a choice is not an option

Now answer my own question:

Is there a difference between 25 and 35? If not, why are they not on the same point on the number line?

Awaiting your response . . . . . . . . .
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
StarBoard:

T
the last time we argued,you sounde reasonable AT first, then something happened, it was like you brought your brain out.threw it on the ground and stepped on it, i agree with you, the monorail is a colossal waste but must you throw away the baby with the bathwaterseriouslydo you deny this man has done reasonably well so far,even if you want to fail him in road construction
starboard, please be fair and tell us what rumuola road,elekahia-rumuomasi,old aba road,ikweree road(education to UST) used to be like
dont come off sounding like you have a personal vendetta against the man, if the above roads were not done or completed, na still you go come here dey cry blue murder, i ask again Do you live in PH?
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2011
Starboard, i am sorry if i insulted you at any time, i didnt mean it, but please be objective!
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by Fokativ: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^ Sorry, you missed out Airforce - Eliozu road constructed by StarBoard's mentor Odili. Ameachi had to escavate the whole road to get it fixed.
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by phantom(m): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2011
@poster.no be only ada george wey bad o!!!i fit give you 10 more bad roads for PH, infact you should have really done justice to this thread by walking down wimpey road and getting pictures from there, next time go to elioparanwo and see the state of roads there, amaechi is not a saint but the man is trying to make a change, many of these roads are under construction.A first time visitor to PH will throw up, i swear!why??because there is construction going on almost everywhere,
Re: State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) by nagoma(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
The Federation account total allocation by state (in Naira) from 1999 to 2007 was as follows for a few states. Please note that additional revenue from oil company taxation is not included here. You may also note that these figures continue to rise up to this day. Please note that the bottom 4 states all together in total did not receive as much as one state - Rivers. And we are talking trillions here. Please ND direct some of your complaints and insults inwards.

The top 4.

1. Rivers state  (the highest)   -  621,996,274.440.22
2. Delta State                         -  561,421,465,722,.84
3. Akw Ibom State                 -  495,266,604,843.58
4. Bayelsa State                     -  452,260,540,942.94

The bottom
Ekiti  State        -       152,866,276,435.50
Ebonyi State -           149, 606,220,047.59
Gombe State    -       146,500,259,934.10
Nasarawa State  -     145,006,177,121,79

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Those Glorious Years We Spent in Nigeria - A Ghanaian Experience / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari / Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.